Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Outrail posted:

I already got poo poo on in this thread but again just lol that Americans see an electric kettle as some fantastical obscure invention instead of a basic kitchen appliance on par with a microwave or toaster.

But to contribute a coffee grinder is great. gently caress using stale lovely preground lavazza when you can have fresh ground every day.

Fresh ground coffee is amazing, ever since I got a grinder I never went back. Another thing that took me was too long to notice is that good coffee beans make a hell of a difference. I usually buy beans around 15 euro per kg when on deals, but once in a while I'll get some fancy stuff double the price or so, and the difference in taste is staggering. I recently tried one where the taste was described as 'wild berries with a hint of caramel' and I'll be dammed if it didn't taste just like that.

Be warned tho, once you're into the good poo poo it's hard to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Good coffee is 50% how long ago was it ground, 25% how long ago was it roasted, 25% where it came from.

If you live next to the poo poo coffee factory you can still get good preground coffee. If you buy brewed from a shop that litterally shovels through bags of coffee at a time, same since they don't tend to sit on stock.

I'll buy the special beans for a treat around Christmas but I can't imagine paying that price all year, or risking burning my house down to roast my own beans in an air popper. But I also live next to a poo poo coffee factory and I can get a completely adequate cup from preground shoved in a drip.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

zedprime posted:

Good coffee is 50% how long ago was it ground, 25% how long ago was it roasted, 25% where it came from.

If you live next to the poo poo coffee factory you can still get good preground coffee. If you buy brewed from a shop that litterally shovels through bags of coffee at a time, same since they don't tend to sit on stock.

I'll buy the special beans for a treat around Christmas but I can't imagine paying that price all year, or risking burning my house down to roast my own beans in an air popper. But I also live next to a poo poo coffee factory and I can get a completely adequate cup from preground shoved in a drip.

A very large percentage is how it was brewed.

I don't have the most sophisticated palette so I just get a big ol' container of Costco Colombian coffee. I put in 3 scoops and brew it for 4 minutes in my clever coffee pot. :yum:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't have the most sophisticated palette so I just get a big ol' container of Costco Colombian coffee. I put in 3 scoops and brew it for 4 minutes in my clever coffee pot. :yum:

pictured: an unsophisticated palette

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Apply hottest water on hand. Separate it from grounds somehow. There now you covered any percentage from how it was brewed whether you're have an espresso machine, some ritual gadget, or are making cowboy coffee you filter through your teeth.

Everything else is academic because the best coffee is the one you have in your hands now.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

zedprime posted:

Apply hottest water on hand.

Ok my hand hurts now what

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Separate the grounds somehow

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

go north

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

Separate the grounds somehow

I knocked over the tub of ground coffee sorry. I don't know, I grabbed some in my good hand

I'm in the bathroom now. In my left hand is some coffee grounds. In my right hand it hurts.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

zedprime posted:

There is a little boutique Roastery on my way to work and I thought I would get some for my work coffee, might as well have good beans for a poo poo place

I made it and I was just thinking

"Huh tastes like cherry pits, and like some type of dried Fruit"

Then it kinda dawned on me that this was good coffee and I'm not used to that

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Real Hologram posted:

These footrests are the best for long flights...

Sleepy Ride - Airplane Footrest Made with Premium Memory Foam - Airplane Travel Accessories - Tested and Proven to Prevent Swelling and Soreness - Provides Relaxation and Comfort (Jet Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M35M87O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QhW-Db5HDRVJ8

I got one of these and I use it in the car for long road trips when using cruise control but you have to be careful because if you have to make any kind of emergency maneuver it can be tricky to get your feet off of it and back on the pedals.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

bird with big dick posted:

I got one of these and I use it in the car for long road trips when using cruise control but you have to be careful because if you have to make any kind of emergency maneuver it can be tricky to get your feet off of it and back on the pedals.

wow

I honestly can't tell when you're fakeposting anymore. You win Mr Dickbird

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Lmao

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Please also get a dashcam for the inevitable hilariously avoidable accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

I knocked over the tub of ground coffee sorry. I don't know, I grabbed some in my good hand

I'm in the bathroom now. In my left hand is some coffee grounds. In my right hand it hurts.
thank you for this