Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

General Dog posted:

I wonder if some of the Big Ten West fanbases tend to turn out for a road game at Rutgers and work it into an NYC trip? Since it’s like a once per 7 years road trip

I went for Wisconsin’s once-a-6-year sojourn last year. There’s a direct from Madison to Newark, and the train takes you to Piscataway’s “downtown.” If you wanted to do it as a day trip from Manhattan, there’s a circular bus from the train station to the stadium if you didn’t want to go to both bars instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Had to Google the name Bianca Belair and was relieved to learn she is a wrestler rather than like a pop star because I am desperately clinging to the idea that I Still Know Who The Pop Stars Are.

Reminds me that one of Auburn's graduating gymnasts signed a deal to, I forget what it's called but a WWE developmental program to turn people like gymnasts into wrestlers. Obviously she's a fantastic gymnast and notably charismatic as a performer even within the bounds of the sport, so she could succeed at it but I hope that terrible institution does not result in her talent going to waste.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Edit: didn't see gdt

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

subscribe to the rhymes with orange podcast if you think that was a safety

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1573328081393180672?s=46&t=YSELyesqnWryqDJ0v0XDGA

et tu sun devils

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

even before the season there was talk about how many bridges Herm had burned among assistant coaches, so it's not an enormous surprise if one or two of them went rogue in this situation. beyond messy, but hey, that's Arizona State for you.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Bianca Belair is cool and fun and the women's champion in WWE so it makes sense because doesn't ESPN have some sort of working relationship with with WWE?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

kiimo posted:

Do you think Lawrence is a podunk little town like Lubbock or something

I might be getting whooshed but Lubbock has 2.5x the population of Lawrence so yes I consider it a small town

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

I might be getting whooshed but Lubbock has 2.5x the population of Lawrence so yes I consider it a small town

Lawrence is like 25 minutes from the burbs of KC is where I think he was going with that, unless I'm getting whooshed too. Lubbuck's out there a bit isn't it?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well ok yes Lubbock is more than a bit out there

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I think kiimo was trying to allude to Lawrence's reputation as a "good" college town, which Lubbock does not have.

Using scare quotes as I'm of the mind that if you're bored in a town of 25,000+ people the problem is you, not the town. I've never been to Lawrence so can't speak to it specifically one way or the other.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
UTEP holds Boise to 177 yards in a 27-10 win :stare:

Maybe it’s time to bring Harsin home

General Dog fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 24, 2022

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Judgy Fucker posted:

I think kiimo was trying to allude to Lawrence's reputation as a "good" college town, which Lubbock does not have.

Using scare quotes as I'm of the mind that if you're bored in a town of 25,000+ people the problem is you, not the town. I've never been to Lawrence so can't speak to it specifically one way or the other.

it's a town in Kansas that is somehow smaller than Lubbock, chances aren't high it's super engaging if it takes a KU fan to ride in defending it not realizing they're comparing it to a bigger town

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
rocky top bitch

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

rocky top bitch

:hmmyes:

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Just took the under on 33.5 for Iowa Rutgers with a buddy.

Gonna laugh my rear end off when I take his money.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JesustheDarkLord posted:

rocky top bitch

Gonna have to hard agree since their baseball coach was on Gameday talking about the ways he'd get arrested if the Vols win

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

Gonna have to hard agree since their baseball coach was on Gameday talking about the ways he'd get arrested if the Vols win

lol OK maybe GameDay made the right call about their location this week after all

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

lol OK maybe GameDay made the right call about their location this week after all

The baseball players are there and made this sign

https://twitter.com/dsbeam11/status...ingawful.com%2F

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lady Radia posted:

it's a town in Kansas that is somehow smaller than Lubbock, chances aren't high it's super engaging if it takes a KU fan to ride in defending it not realizing they're comparing it to a bigger town

again, it's a hop and skip away from kansas city

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

“Somehow smaller than Lubbock” you do know Lubbock’s population, right? I dare say the vast majority of college towns are smaller than Lubbock.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The Week 4 GDT is up.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Today I learned that UW and Stanford are

all time 44-44-4

Go dawgs

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Judgy Fucker posted:

“Somehow smaller than Lubbock” you do know Lubbock’s population, right? I dare say the vast majority of college towns are smaller than Lubbock.

There's an undefined point where if the town is big enough, it stops being a college town, so most college towns must be small.

Columbus? Definitely not a college town.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

lubbock has nothing going on besides texas tech, therefore college town

lawrence, on the other hand, has a thriving punk scene and lots of restaurants

verdict: lawrence is not a college town but lubbock is.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

A thriving music/arts scene is a classic College Town thing though. See: Athens, Denton

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

Lubbock is an ag town

To me a college town is a town that would have less than half its current population in a timeline where the college never exists.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 24, 2022

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

To me a college town is a town that would have less than half its current population in a timeline where the college never exists.

I like this definition and will reignite this convo in the new aftermath thread

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Oops wrong thread.

I'll just say that I hope Nebraska hires Leipold and puts KU back to square one

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Declan MacManus posted:

gently caress im persuaded

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lady Radia posted:

This was an old rivals thing, everyone saying lubbock is a small town. Sorry I'm old. Also Mahomes went to school there so it's golden forever.

Lawrence is a super fun town though, it doesn't need me to defend its honor.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*Yakety Sax starts playing in 2x speed*

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1573761510869958658

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pretty embarrassing that the crowd wasn’t savvy enough to immediately register that the touchback signal meant they’d won.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

CLEMSON

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1572991227313942531

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
JMU please enjoy the transitive win over A&M

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Michigan is not a good football team but Blake Corum is a very good football player and also quite handsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fitz has to go

fraud propped up the defensive coordinator