Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Here's a picture of me in my Miata playing with some poles:

Added a speed hole in my exhaust because the Enthuza is a poorly built piece of poo poo, but for the money, it isn't bad. Car survived another weekend. Replaced 2 sketchy brake lines. Fuel pump relay needs to be replaced since it's unreliable, doubly so when it's hot. My GoPro added artifacting to one of my videos, thanks.

Next track weekend is June 28th at VIR North Course, going to beat up on some BMWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Told my boss that I had to head out early to get the Miata patched up, his reaction was "what? I thought you worked on your own cars!"

Yeah, I do. But I don't own a welder and BMWCCA is anal about tech inspections. Whatevs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Do you have extensive rocker rust or something?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Exhaust hanger popped off right before the muffler. Basically, don't buy an Enthuza exhaust; I've had to have work done on it 3 times so far.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Any progress on the 3D printer intake? I'm curious to hear how it does.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Actually, yes!

My buddy just put a MS on his 95 and has been tuning it. He gave the 3D file to someone on MT, and that dude ran some flow analysis.

quote:

Overall it looked good. 275 cfm at .2 psi pressure drop. No major areas of choking.

And that was with a rough polygonal file. There is talks of a composite version down the line. As soon as I get a roommate, we'll do some A/B testing. This year has been kind of nuts for me, but it should pan out alright.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
In 5 years, the car still has a boatload of body roll:

e: because slow is fast hasn't entered the 21st century of massive monitors

Phone fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 15, 2014

asmasm
Nov 26, 2013

leica posted:

I don't want to derail the thread but-

Since I got the megasquirt installed I have been able to log IATs. So far I get a reading of ~8F above ambient (90 degree day) at a steady cruise. Also, when the car is hot and not moving, the air 4" in front of the radiator fluctuates between 10 and 14 degrees above ambient (depending on if the fan is running or not). A heat shield ought to make a big difference when the car isn't moving and any amount should get the car fresh air. I am working on a heat shield to go behind the filter and I am in the process of making an insulated crossover tube to reduce IAT sensor heat soak. I have also been playing with carbon fiber overtop of ABS. The biggest issue so far is IAT sensor placement and the sensor heat soaking on hot restarts. There isn't room in the intake duct to add it before the filter and I don't want to compromise the length of the intake to move the IAT sensor if I don't have to. I have been considering using epoxy to add a bung into the rubber end of the air filter and placing it there.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Phone posted:

In 5 years, the car still has a boatload of body roll:

Sir I must inform you your 2nd picture is not a lot of body roll, this is.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

asmasm posted:

I don't want to derail the thread but-

Since I got the megasquirt installed I have been able to log IATs. So far I get a reading of ~8F above ambient (90 degree day) at a steady cruise. Also, when the car is hot and not moving, the air 4" in front of the radiator fluctuates between 10 and 14 degrees above ambient (depending on if the fan is running or not). A heat shield ought to make a big difference when the car isn't moving and any amount should get the car fresh air. I am working on a heat shield to go behind the filter and I am in the process of making an insulated crossover tube to reduce IAT sensor heat soak. I have also been playing with carbon fiber overtop of ABS. The biggest issue so far is IAT sensor placement and the sensor heat soaking on hot restarts. There isn't room in the intake duct to add it before the filter and I don't want to compromise the length of the intake to move the IAT sensor if I don't have to. I have been considering using epoxy to add a bung into the rubber end of the air filter and placing it there.

I'd move the sensor so it isn't right behind the radiator where all the hot air is being pushed through.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I would just use CLT-IAT blending on startup, and not worry about the heatsoaked sensor.

asmasm
Nov 26, 2013

Larrymer posted:

I'd move the sensor so it isn't right behind the radiator where all the hot air is being pushed through.

There aren't any really easy options. The area the IACV hose is plumbed in would be best but I can't fit another port there. Also, the block radiates a ton of heat. Once I get my VVT engine into the car I will putting it into the elbow.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

asmasm posted:

There aren't any really easy options. The area the IACV hose is plumbed in would be best but I can't fit another port there. Also, the block radiates a ton of heat. Once I get my VVT engine into the car I will putting it into the elbow.

Heaven forbid you drill into that carbon fiber. :)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hey Phone, you live in the triangle area, right? Do you know a welder?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What do you need exactly?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I need to weld up the engine mounts to the adapters I made for my Ford 4.6 240SX engine swap that has taken too loving long.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fabco Industries is off of Chatham in Cary. They should be able to do what you need.

https://goo.gl/maps/ELqra

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Phone posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat I have a 30 inch chinesium desktop one :|

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Another weekend, another Miata, another engine pull:

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Is it an NB2 with the tan interior? I want the center armrest bit if it's in decent shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's in awful shape and kinda gross. Buddy's dad is grabbing it.

If you want another 01 manifold, I can hook you up, or some taillights...

• Locked thread