Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GloriousDemon posted:

They just cut to a wide shot and Kaine is taller than Pence, so he wins.

Did you see Pence's daughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The only thing Kaine had over Pence this debate was brow game

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
So which one of these guys has sort of a Biden/Quayle blissful ignorance about them? Vice Presidents are relatively unimportant politically but when one is gonna do stupid embarrassing poo poo? THEN you've got my attention.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

kaine you feel the paine????!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Friginator posted:

So which one of these guys has sort of a Biden/Quayle blissful ignorance about them? Vice Presidents are relatively unimportant politically but when one is gonna do stupid embarrassing poo poo? THEN you've got my attention.

Pence could talk me into bed with him

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

EugeneJ posted:

Pence could talk me into bed with him

But then he'd guilt you into keeping the fetus.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
kaine gonna get told off backstage for not awkwardly jamming enough trump talking points into each question

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

its all nice on rice posted:

But then he'd guilt you into keeping the fetus.

just lol if you don't think Pence shoots blanks

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The $64,000 question reference was hip and topical. This guy's a smooth criminal (that's a song you might not have heard of yet)

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
trump needs to use pence as a wrestling style manager who does his talking for him

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Mike Pence is only a few years older than Tom Cruise. Wild weird stuff. I thought he was easily the same age as Trump/Clinton.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Kuato posted:

Mike Pence is only a few years older than Tom Cruise. Wild weird stuff. I thought he was easily the same age as Trump/Clinton.

Too many theatons not enough levels.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Hahahahahahahhahahhaha holy poo poo.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Not a single question about casting the tie breaking vote in the senate I'm disappointed

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Aristocrats

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Thanks for the facebook. Now let's hypothetically say all of these people have worked at high levels of the same organization for years, and let's assume they like each other; Why isn't Candidate Grandpa Jesus president yet?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm glad those words were on a picture cause the small kaine head really tied it together

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was a legitimately frustrating thing to watch. Ugh. Kaine, you disappointed me so much and made me legitimately grateful that the VP debate doesn't matter.

At the least Pence contradicted himself/Trump/reality so often that there should be a few good "I/Trump never said that" *yes he did* videos made with clips from this cut with past stuff. He looked a bit better in the debate, but post-debate reality hopefully won't be kind to him.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
"Trump didn't say that"

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

trump needs to use pence as a wrestling style manager who does his talking for him

You rang?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

That was a legitimately frustrating thing to watch. Ugh. Kaine, you disappointed me so much and made me legitimately grateful that the VP debate doesn't matter.

At the least Pence contradicted himself/Trump/reality so often that there should be a few good "I/Trump never said that" *yes he did* videos made with clips from this cut with past stuff. He looked a bit better in the debate, but post-debate reality hopefully won't be kind to him.

those matter even less imo

kaine made an rear end of himself over and over by bringing up poo poo that the people who are informed enough to bother to watch this debate already knew and made pence look like the adult. while i didnt agree with practically anything either guy said i think thats as much of a win as the trump camp could hope for cause it will reassure the people who like trumps message but not his temperament that there is someone responsible and reasonable in the white house with him

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

those matter even less imo

kaine made an rear end of himself over and over by bringing up poo poo that the people who are informed enough to bother to watch this debate already knew and made pence look like the adult. while i didnt agree with practically anything either guy said i think thats as much of a win as the trump camp could hope for cause it will reassure the people who like trumps message but not his temperament that there is someone responsible and reasonable in the white house with him

Eh, most people won't watch this debate period, and Hillary's ad/social media people have been extremely good, so they can probably spin gold out of Pence's bullshit even if Kaine bungled nearly everything, and the stuff they make could reach more people than the debate itself did.

That's what I'm hoping, at least. The most likely outcome, that this affects nothing, is fine too, though.

Either way, Sunday's going to obliterate any results from this, probably with another Trump implosion.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

Eh, most people won't watch this debate period, and Hillary's ad/social media people have been extremely good, so they can probably spin gold out of Pence's bullshit even if Kaine bungled nearly everything, and the stuff they make could reach more people than the debate itself did.

That's what I'm hoping, at least. The most likely outcome, that this affects nothing, is fine too, though.

Either way, Sunday's going to obliterate any results from this, probably with another Trump implosion.

:agreed:

i wonder if trump has the capacity to learn and adapt obamas first debate performance in 2012 was abysmal but he came back and crushed it in the next two

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kim Tane

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
https://twitter.com/mikegehrke/status/783500890829381633

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

:agreed:

i wonder if trump has the capacity to learn and adapt obamas first debate performance in 2012 was abysmal but he came back and crushed it in the next two

Trump's problem isn't inexperience with debate, Trump's problem is that he's Trump. He can't unlearn being Trump, or learn to not be Trump, or whatever could possibly fix his Trumpiness. It's Hillary's debate to lose, and I doubt she will.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

Trump's problem isn't inexperience with debate, Trump's problem is that he's Trump. He can't unlearn being Trump, or learn to not be Trump, or whatever could possibly fix his Trumpiness. It's Hillary's debate to lose, and I doubt she will.

inexperience wasnt obamas problem either. his problem was tone and delivery if trump adopts the shitposter strategy of letting hillary go on for paragraphs that no one will listen to then simply saying "lol wrong maga u idiot" he wins

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Had the outcome been the opposite, this would have been a "key" and "decisive" victory for Hillary campaign. Do they program liberals reactions to these events based on algorithms or is it simulated behavior based on specific commands from a central controlling source? And what do you get for compliance?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mike Pence was at a training session for a class I teach to talk to us about manufacturing in Indiana. Not a huge fan due to his overall view on public education (he has a boner for trade/vocational schools, though), but he does speak well.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

Trump's beloved poem about the scorpion and the frog except he's the scorpion and the frog is the republican party taking him across the river to be president.

as they both sink, the frog asks the scorpion why he said everyone in the military is a moron and then called a baby a human being

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

inexperience wasnt obamas problem either. his problem was tone and delivery if trump adopts the shitposter strategy of letting hillary go on for paragraphs that no one will listen to then simply saying "lol wrong maga u idiot" he wins

He won't, though. Hillary will needle him again, and his skin's too thin to let that slide. Even worse for him, it's a town hall debate, so he'll have to deal with random people questioning him, where him Trumping it up will look even worse. If he goes off on some single mother or vet or whatever for asking a question he didn't like it'll look awful, and even if he manages to avoid doing that badly, he won't be coherent or calm and will rise to every provocation unless he's drugged or something.

I mean, not that I think your proposed strategy there would actually win. Hillary's too smart to do that (she certainly didn't do it in the first debate), and Trump just going "lol no" to everything won't look good. He needs to actually be able to respond, at least semi-coherently, or else he won't gain anything.

R-Type posted:

Had the outcome been the opposite, this would have been a "key" and "decisive" victory for Hillary campaign. Do they program liberals reactions to these events based on algorithms or is it simulated behavior based on specific commands from a central controlling source? And what do you get for compliance?

The opposite? You mean Kaine lying his rear end off and Pence interrupting constantly? No, that'd be pretty poo poo too. Probably worse for Hillary really since Kaine "never said that" claims would be juxtaposed against those things being said on the news and in videos and stuff.

You know, exactly like what's going to happen with what Pence said. He won the debate by sacrificing everything after, basically.

Also he probably pissed off Donald by performing better than him, which is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/783512170424307714

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

SickZip posted:

Trump's beloved poem about the scorpion and the frog except he's the scorpion and the frog is the republican party taking him across the river to be president.

as they both sink, the frog asks the scorpion why he said everyone in the military is a moron and then called a baby a human being

poo poo i wish i might actually vote if that scorpion was running sounds like hes got some good ideas

Roland Jones posted:

I mean, not that I think your proposed strategy there would actually win. Hillary's too smart to do that (she certainly didn't do it in the first debate), and Trump just going "lol no" to everything won't look good. He needs to actually be able to respond, at least semi-coherently, or else he won't gain anything.

these are two of the most garbage human beings on the earth today whoever spends the least time talking and the most time insulting they opponent will win

BIG PUFFY NIPS fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 5, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

SickZip posted:

Holy poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The debate was completely dismal. It just sucked

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think Kaine loved the Clintons eve before that happened

Pick posted:

The debate was completely dismal. It just sucked

There's nothing more to say about it really

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Needs more Sarah palin

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I was with Russel at the start, but Gamby sealed it at the end. I'm a Gamby man, now.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Liar posted:

What part of our military needs to be rebuilt... No, seriously. I'm not a military expert, and I have no idea where the US military is lacking so hard that it's a concern.

Joy Division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I didn't watch it because I figured one of them could burst into flames and it wouldn't change who I'm voting for

• Locked thread