Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

BSam, you scamp. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BSam posted:

my track is under the tree!!!

I haven't been able to listen yet (on my phone and it doesn't like tindeck), but 49 minutes?! :stare:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

:boom:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

is it every song from the movie? you're an animal

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I didn't use Once in a While, because that doesn't loving count.

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo I almost forgot this year.

For lack of a better title I call it "Christmas At Helen's". If there is a moral then it's "gently caress jingle bell rock".

MY TRACK IS UNDER THE TREE

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I wanted to make a good old song instead of some kind of high-falutin' soundscape.

My Track Is Under The Tree

But only if you want it to be.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

Soysaucebeast posted:

My boyfriend hates me because the only music I play in the car for the entirety of December is Goon Christmas music. I think it's hilarious. But for some weird reason I can't see any submissions in this thread. I can see plaintext links, but I guess it's icons or whatever that I can't see. I'm browsing in Firefox. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to be very sad if I can't annoy the boyfriend this year.

Have spent the last week either playing or singing these songs to my boyfriend too. In particular, just played Taco Bell Christmas 5 times in a row, singing loudly and obnoxiously. He's so delighted right now! :emo:

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Quick thread vote: This version as one track, or the two other versions as their own tracks?

The mix!

BSam posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing!

RSVP is my favorite. Many many others are my next favorite. Inspired!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Quick thread vote: This version as one track, or the two other versions as their own tracks?

Yeah, the mix.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, awesome. The mix wins out.

Congrats, goons... This is now a 4 disc set :confuoot:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

BSam posted:

Jiminy bollocks! Now that is an absurdly-long single track! Good show, old boy!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Pro-tip for anyone composing Christmas music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm4LO22-cyY

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Here's a half-assed music fart that ensued when I tried to do a synthetic jingle bells and couldn't remember the chords.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-zak/merry-synth-mess

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

An idea popped into my head that I'm sure I won't be able to get to with the time remaining. Someone else might, though. It's a parody of The Touch by Stan Bush.

The Sack

quote:

You got the sack!
You got the pre-seeeeeeents…
YEAH!

All reindeer are hitched and fed
And the kids have gone to bed
You go flyin'!

You got the elves
You know the skies
Mrs. Claus
Says goodbye
UNTIL MORNING!
You travel the world in a single night
You grab hold of the reins and your reindeer take flight

You got the sack!
You got the presents!
When a Christmas Eve comes
You'll be drivin' a big shiny sleigh!
Your stomach shakes
A bowl full of jelly
Jolliness you do not lack
You got the sack!

You're on the roof and down the flue
You know exactly what do to
YOU ARE SANTA!
The gifts are put under the tree
You are as silent as can be
In the living room now!
And the milk is all poured in a glass so tall
The cookies are out and you're eating them all

You got the sack!
You got the presents!
When a Christmas Eve comes
You'll be drivin' a big shiny sleigh!
Your stomach shakes
A bowl full of jelly
Jolliness you do not lack
You got the sack!

You're seein' Rudolph shine!
You know you got the sack!

You travel the world in a single night
You grab hold of the reins and your reindeer take flight

You got the sack
You got the presents
YEAH!

You got the sack
You got the presents

SACK!

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

ManiacClown posted:

An idea popped into my head that I'm sure I won't be able to get to with the time remaining. Someone else might, though. It's a parody of The Touch by Stan Bush.

The Sack

THE SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

The lyrics on this are great. Too bad Stan Bush's naturally bright rock range is right where my falsetto break is.

This what I'm doing instead of working today. There'll still be work next week.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Kruxy posted:

Sure, as long as you don't get

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Kruxy posted:

The lyrics on this are great. Too bad Stan Bush's naturally bright rock range is right where my falsetto break is.

That picture alone is fantastic. I suggest it be the inside of the album cover.
code:
The Grinch must be stopped… no matter the cost.

BSam posted:

Sure, as long as you don't get
:golfclap:

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 23, 2016

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

My under 10 hour attempt is done! Couldn't get my horns mic'd properly, so this'll have to do!

My song is under the tree

[url=http://tindeck.com/listen/epoaz][/url

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kruxy posted:

This song has lighted my darkest tree. Excellent idea, execution, and Santa Optimus is awesome.

Johnny Setlist
Aug 19, 2010

Libandano Urfam posted:

Holy poo poo I almost forgot this year.

For lack of a better title I call it "Christmas At Helen's". If there is a moral then it's "gently caress jingle bell rock".

This was a rollercoaster. I was gripped until the end. Good job!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Putting the album togethers as I type this, folks. Going to throw up a Google Drive link soon enough.

EDIT: 70 68 songs! WOOOOOOO! (I had accidentally counted the front and back album art as audio files)

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 24, 2016

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Here's a half-assed music fart that ensued when I tried to do a synthetic jingle bells and couldn't remember the chords.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-zak/merry-synth-mess

I sincerely hope that you got this under the tree in time. It's wonderful.

edit: \/\/\/ It's a Christmas Miracle

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 24, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lifepuzzler posted:

I sincerely hope that you got this under the tree in time. It's wonderful.

Well, since I recently realized that the album won't quite be ready before tonight, and AS OF THIS POST submissions are closed, I'll accept it.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Contest OVAH! Congratulations everyone!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Putting the album togethers as I type this, folks. Going to throw up a Google Drive link soon enough.

EDIT: 70 68 songs! WOOOOOOO! (I had accidentally counted the front and back album art as audio files)

You know, there are software programs that can convert image files into audio, so we could have 70 tracks if you really wanted.

I mean, it would be an ungodly burst of noise, but I think it fits in with Goonmas.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

:neckbeard:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Cemetry Gator posted:

You know, there are software programs that can convert image files into audio, so we could have 70 tracks if you really wanted.

I mean, it would be an ungodly burst of noise, but I think it fits in with Goonmas.

Although the current total of tracks is 69....

By the way I didn't get a chance to remix, sorry norris

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/812890375115407360

I'll post a link to my google drive as soon as I can, and in the next coming weeks, I'm going to be making a full-on archive of EVERYTHING where you'll be able to DOWNLOAD and SHARE and LIVE and LAUGH but probably not STREAM but you can just do that on BANDCAMP!

:toot:

Merry almost Christmas!

EDIT: So, my upload speeds are horrendous (thanks, Bell!). Therefore, It's up, here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dA6m7Ik-nzcmVxaGdSRTY2ZEk

This link is fully shareable, and when it's all up there, you should see one (1) zip file containing 67 tracks of your glorious efforts this year. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to include Drink Mix Man's entry, as it wasn't available for download, BUT you're more than welcome to tack it on to disc 5, and when I put these up on my website for archival purposes, I WILL include it, provided he allows me to download it. As of this specific download in this post, it's not included.

So, thoughts... Well, Bsam... my god, you've got an entire disc to yourself (until I get that above-mentioned track) so congrats, buddy! It genuinely wouldn't be a weird, awful, goon christmas album without true oddities like that.

You all really did wonderfully. Some tracks are terrible (:toot:), some tracks are legitimately awesome (:toot: :toot:), but I have to say that I really, REALLY enjoyed listening, and relistening, and relistening to all of these.

Toothy, I gotta hand it to you, I think Trout Sniffer might be my most-played track. Not to get anyone else down, but I have an obsession with the first two Home Alone films, plus it was a short track. Both of those elements really made it stand out to me, and would have it on repeat when I was doing non-album order stuffs.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 25, 2016

ROFLSAWS
Mar 28, 2005

You can't hide forever, Methuselah
College Slice
Buddy of mine created this Christmas rap about Santa setting off a house alarm.

https://soundcloud.com/user-967669536/christmas2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Track order, in images (the ID3 tags should sort them all automatically)

http://imgur.com/a/QdqMO (the gallery link)

Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

Disc 4

Disc 5

Once again, here's the download link for the albums:

Edit: Hey King Lou, any chance of getting a top 5 or 10?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 25, 2016

The General
Mar 4, 2007

BSam posted:

This is the best thing anybody has ever done for Christmas ever.

Edit: I'm not King Lou, but this track is top 5.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Thank you all for the best musical presents one can get on Christmas!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/812890375115407360

I'll post a link to my google drive as soon as I can, and in the next coming weeks, I'm going to be making a full-on archive of EVERYTHING where you'll be able to DOWNLOAD and SHARE and LIVE and LAUGH but probably not STREAM but you can just do that on BANDCAMP!

:toot:

Merry almost Christmas!

EDIT: So, my upload speeds are horrendous (thanks, Bell!). Therefore, It's up, here's the link:

This link is fully shareable, and when it's all up there, you should see one (1) zip file containing 67 tracks of your glorious efforts this year. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to include Drink Mix Man's entry, as it wasn't available for download, BUT you're more than welcome to tack it on to disc 5, and when I put these up on my website for archival purposes, I WILL include it, provided he allows me to download it. As of this specific download in this post, it's not included.

So, thoughts... Well, Bsam... my god, you've got an entire disc to yourself (until I get that above-mentioned track) so congrats, buddy! It genuinely wouldn't be a weird, awful, goon christmas album without true oddities like that.

You all really did wonderfully. Some tracks are terrible (:toot:), some tracks are legitimately awesome (:toot: :toot:), but I have to say that I really, REALLY enjoyed listening, and relistening, and relistening to all of these.

Toothy, I gotta hand it to you, I think Trout Sniffer might be my most-played track. Not to get anyone else down, but I have an obsession with the first two Home Alone films, plus it was a short track. Both of those elements really made it stand out to me, and would have it on repeat when I was doing non-album order stuffs.

Aw, drat. Well, it's download enabled now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Aw, drat. Well, it's download enabled now.

For all intents and purposes, it's a part of the album, just not the download that's available right now.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!

Oh, you. :cheers:

Thanks a million as always for putting this album together!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Toothy posted:

Oh, you. :cheers:

Thanks a million as always for putting this album together!

I've said it before, but whatever I did pales (pails?) in comparison to the incredible efforts of all of you submitting music.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Just downloaded, and listening. Merriment in our house is up 18% already! Thanks everyone!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Listened to the WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE thing on the road trip to and from my family's residence(s).

God bless you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Paladinus posted:

I decided to add some poetry, so to speak, to the album, and so on and so forth.

E: oops.

Just heard this track and crazy props.

• Locked thread