Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Damon has some skeletons in his closet. He is just taking too much for a seasoned actor with decades of being in the business and having PR training, you know?

From this article https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/16/minnie-driver-matt-damon-men-cannot-understand-abuse

quote:

If good men like Matt Damon are thinking like that then we’re in a lot of loving trouble. We need good intelligent men to say this is all bad across the board, condemn it all and start again.”

:hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
no more rape and weird sex stuff. starting... now!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think we need an Ocean's 3/5ths.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ArbitraryC posted:

OCEAN 1000000
CAST 100000 CELEBRITIES TO PULL OFF A HEIST
NO ONE WILL NOTICE THIS OPERATION

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

hello arbc, u penis

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Applewhite posted:

No but seriously literally the entire cast of Oceans 8 is female, including the villainess’s henchwomen and every background extra. The fact that the world appears to be only women is never addressed, acknowledged or even lampshaded.

I unironically want this but for black people. Grognards and alt-right bitches would lose their drat minds

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Father Wendigo posted:

Ocean's Election: With himself and his entire crew facing multiple life sentences for trying to steal the Lincoln Memorial, Danny Ocean's only way out of life in prison is a presidential pardon. Fortunately for him, a hilariously incompetent and unlikable primary field gives him the opportunity to pull off the biggest grift of all - schmoozing his way to the office of President of the United States despite having absolutely no qualifications! There's just one tiny snag - his estranged sister Debbie Ocean and the gang from Ocean's 8 are also facing life sentences for trying to steal the Washington Monument and have the exact same plan!

lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Id legit watch Oceans Election

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I have an Ocean's Erection

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Why isn't Carmen Sandiego in this movie?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

KillerJunglist posted:

Why isn't Carmen Sandiego in this movie?

They couldn't find her.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Nappa, what's the scouter say about their prowler level?"

"It's Ocean's 9000!"

"OCEAN'S 9000!!!?"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I unironically want this but for black people. Grognards and alt-right bitches would lose their drat minds

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaxploitation

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

I know feminists are basically conspiracy theorists, but I'll give you $0.05 worth of free advice. there is no patriarchy, there are no smoke filled rooms where all the men get together and plan out how to oppress all women.

I just wanted to post here to say that advice is worth poo poo because those meetings do exist we just don't invite you because you're such a pussy we decided you'd ruin the all men meeting.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

so did you not read that article or

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so did you not read that article or

quote:

Blaxploitation or blacksploitation is an ethnic subgenre of the exploitation film, emerging in the United States during the early 1970s

An exploitation film is a film that attempts to succeed financially by exploiting current trends

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Nappa, what's the scouter say about their prowler level?"

"It's Ocean's 9000!"

"OCEAN'S 9000!!!?"

Dude Nappa asks vegeta what gokus power level is not the other way around. I can't believe you just owned yourself like this

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rutibec rutibrc rutibex, myny my. ha hahsga. fd

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol matt damon is way too handsome to be a raper

You've got it backwards: rapers are usually extremely handsome

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

rutibec rutibrc rutibex, myny my. ha hahsga. fd

Rutibex "Idiot Inside" :bang:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Meme Emulator posted:

Dude Nappa asks vegeta what gokus power level is not the other way around. I can't believe you just owned yourself like this

It's the remake, we're changing things up because we got Dwayne Johnson to be in the movie and we're going to turn Nappa into the Vegeta character this go around because he's more bankable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Blue Train posted:

I'm just gonna watch To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar

Such a good fuckin movie.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Kitchner posted:

I just wanted to post here to say that advice is worth poo poo because those meetings do exist we just don't invite you because you're such a pussy we decided you'd ruin the all men meeting.

Hey eveyrone it's kitchner, the guy who looks like a frekain thumb with a face painted on hahaha.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hosed up if true

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

I know feminists are basically conspiracy theorists, but I'll give you $0.05 worth of free advice. there is no patriarchy, there are no smoke filled rooms where all the men get together and plan out how to oppress all women.

Um those rooms do exist. They’re called “the House of Representatives,” “the Senate” and “the Oval Office.”

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

quote:

Terms used against white characters, such as "crackers" and "honky", are common plot and or character elements. Blaxploitation films set in the South often deal with slavery and miscegenation. The films usually allow black protagonists to overcome "The Man," or the emblems of the white majority that had been so oppressive to the black community in the preceding decades.

Applewhite posted:

No but seriously literally the entire cast of Oceans 8 is female, including the villainess’s henchwomen and every background extra. The fact that the world appears to be only women is never addressed, acknowledged or even lampshaded.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This movie should have cast CupcakKe instead of Awkwafina imho

anyway it hae Cate Blanchett in it, so I'll watch it. Seems dumb to make an Ocean's offshoot instead of a new lady heist IP but w/e name recognition and poo poo.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

This movie should have cast CupcakKe instead of Awkwafina imho

I'm holding out for Duhsawnee to finally get a role.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

can we get an awkwafina/azaelia banks remake of rush hour next

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

My high school English teacher was an extra in Oceans 11. She was extremely hot and wore goth boots and had short red dyed hair. And was German. So, every time I think of the Oceans series, I just think of my hot high school teacher. Good thread.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

OMGVBFLOL posted:

can we get an awkwafina/azaelia banks remake of rush hour next

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why would someone name themselves Aquafina after a bottle of water? What's up with that?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

i like that posted:

Damon has some skeletons in his closet. He is just taking too much for a seasoned actor with decades of being in the business and having PR training, you know?

From this article https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/16/minnie-driver-matt-damon-men-cannot-understand-abuse

:hehe:

I can’t believe that what Damon said is controversial.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Gatts posted:

Why would someone name themselves Aquafina after a bottle of water? What's up with that?

I think it's "ironic", kind of like how her music is only "ironically" retarded

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

Matt Damon is a retard and enabled a rapist

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Dennis System posted:

Reading the article it looks like he suggested that there was a gradient of damage and we should try to use language that doesn't conflate rape with catcalls while still feeling both should be addressed.

I can sort of see how this would irk some people because a lot of commentators try to justify stuff that was obviously sexual assault by comparing it to some hypothetical dude with a gun in a bush but I still kind of think the general topic is a legitimate conversation because media saturation can lead to desensitization and end up causing the general populace to become indifferent to stuff they should care about. I dunno how to tactfully handle that conversation but I'm not sure if lunging down his throat for something that's ultimately a pretty realistic point really helps anyone. He still seems to think that all issues should be addressed, just that we should consider our language when comparing situations like someone slapping a person vs someone pinning someone down and beating their face in rather than just using a general umbrella of "assault".

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Blue Train posted:

Matt Damon is a retard and enabled a rapist

Maybe so. But he’s right that rape is worse than patting someone in the butt. (Although of course both are wrong.)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Reading the article it looks like he suggested that there was a gradient of damage and we should try to use language that doesn't conflate rape with catcalls while still feeling both should be addressed.

I can sort of see how this would irk some people because a lot of commentators try to justify stuff that was obviously sexual assault by comparing it to some hypothetical dude with a gun in a bush but I still kind of think the general topic is a legitimate conversation because media saturation can lead to desensitization and end up causing the general populace to become indifferent to stuff they should care about. I dunno how to tactfully handle that conversation but I'm not sure if lunging down his throat for something that's ultimately a pretty realistic point really helps anyone. He still seems to think that all issues should be addressed, just that we should consider our language when comparing situations like someone slapping a person vs someone pinning someone down and beating their face in rather than just using a general umbrella of "assault".

ted bundy over here

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
As a manly masculine man, I am perfectly comfortable leaving Terran culture and politics to the wo man as I depart to mars to live my days out as a martian outlaw in the new frontier because laws on mars for the first like 10 years lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who is abusing Minnie Driver on a daily basis?

• Locked thread