Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Secondary request: informative LP of Dark Souls 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

steinrokkan posted:

MAges and Murderdads is a series about the Infinity Engine games and their successors (BG, Planescape...). It really is more of a podcast, since it consists of two players comparing their experiences as different characters, with background footage being more or less purely illustrative. It is good, relaxed and thoughtful.
The creators are goons, but I don't know if they have an active thread, so here's a playlist instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX8y9qwO_iI&list=PLVcfOocLDkUzbmK5SuMdQ5drxIX7BMteN

Mages and Murderdads is a real good time, and works very well as background noise.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FluxFaun posted:

Secondary request: informative LP of Dark Souls 2?

IGgy IGsen has done a comprehensive LP of both Dark Souls 2 and its DLC.
clicky

And if you don't care about spoilers, Aegon of Astora has done a runthrough called Let's Talk Lore, where he talks about the lore of Dark Souls 2 from the beginning to the end.
clicky

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Can someone point me to an informative / completionist LP of Nuclear Throne?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Wugga posted:

Can someone point me to an informative / completionist LP of Nuclear Throne?

Completionism in Nuclear Throne is ridiculously difficult, as there's a large number of unlocks that require really high-level play. I don't know how informative it'll be, but SleepCycles has a Quest for Ultra Mutant series he's been doing. Last updated in April, so I don't know if he finished or gave up or is just taking a break. But he's reasonably entertaining IME.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I've seen a couple streams of people playing extremely good game Celeste for the first time and slowly developing into platforming gods. I've decided I haven't seen enough. Please help me saturate myself in vicarious Celeste experiences.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

IGgy IGsen did a good one.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Right, I should stress the "first time" part of this. I'm looking for blind runs that went well. (That was a good LP though)

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Completionism in Nuclear Throne is ridiculously difficult, as there's a large number of unlocks that require really high-level play. I don't know how informative it'll be, but SleepCycles has a Quest for Ultra Mutant series he's been doing. Last updated in April, so I don't know if he finished or gave up or is just taking a break. But he's reasonably entertaining IME.

This is loving delightful, thank you.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Can anyone recommend some decent, sorta chill people that play Silent Hunter, Il-2, Rise of Flight, etc? Knowing their poo poo about the vehicles, time period, or theatre of war is a bonus, but not required. Just finished my latest binge of One F Jef's old stuff and I need more.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Fedule posted:

Right, I should stress the "first time" part of this. I'm looking for blind runs that went well. (That was a good LP though)
Have you seen raocow's?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Simply Simon posted:

Have you seen raocow's?

I have not!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Aww, thanks for recommending two of my LPs on the same page of this thread, people.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Thanks! This is fast-paced as poo poo so it's slightly hard to keep up with everything that's going on but drat if he isn't good in the game. Definitely better than any other NT LP I've come across.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Simply Simon posted:

Have you seen raocow's?

Now I have and it was fun. I must have more! Please enable my habit further.

(reminder; blind Celeste runs that turned out well)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Work's slowing down for the holidays so I've got some spare time on my hands. Can anyone recommend any good VLPs of Nocturne, 4/A, the Raidou games or If...? Anything from the SMT series but Persona 3/4/5 really

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
There's an lp of dark souls done by an older lady who gets into the lore and learns the game by playing through the first time. I believe this lp is held in high regard, can someone remind me the ladys name?

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Is it Kay's, referenced in the first page of this thread?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That seems to be it, thanks!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Howdy. Anyone know a good VLP of Star Ocean 3? Informative is cool, but I’d especially prefer a funny one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fedule posted:

Now I have and it was fun. I must have more! Please enable my habit further.

(reminder; blind Celeste runs that turned out well)

Voidburger had a semi-decent run.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
There was a Diablo 2 LP on SA where the gimmick was the necromancer didn't want to click on any monsters, just have his skeletons kill everything. I can't seem to find it. Could anyone help, or suggest a different LP following a lazy necromancer that I could fall asleep to? I could just check my post history in this very thread, where I replied to a comment about it.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 19, 2018

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It's a good LP though so in the spirit of the thread You (the reader) should read, watch, and care about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It is a very good LP I can absolutely recommend it. It is a great gimmick.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

There was a Diablo 2 LP on SA where the gimmick was the necromancer didn't want to click on any monsters, just have his skeletons kill everything. I can't seem to find it. Could anyone help, or suggest a different LP following a lazy necromancer that I could fall asleep to? I could just check my post history in this very thread, where I replied to a comment about it.

Kazeugma's Magna Apologia Diaboli! https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3kxAP9pm5g0EG0Z5zH7mVMNeGzs9kih

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I know there are three good MOO2 LP's in the archive, but they're pretty story/audience participation based. Is there one out there that's more informative/this is how you play/this is how the systems work? I'm trying to break into MOO2 more now that I've been following Thotmix's MOO LPs which have been great.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
There was a trauma center under the knife 2 l.p. K could swear. Does anyone know if there was and have a link?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's the story with Khad? I was watching the old slowbeef metroid prime let's play and he came up in a video or two. I thought he was pretty funny, but turns out he's been mega probated, what happened exactly?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I can’t remember what happened but something about him and lowtax getting into it is ringing a bell. He still has a YouTube channel he uploads to:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KhadBanks

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The only thing I remember about Khad is one of his LP videos where he got Lowtax to guest. I'm pretty sure the entire video was just Lowtax calling him a dumbass for like 10 straight minutes. Sadly I don't have a link to the video handy. It's been lost to time.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

DoubleNegative posted:

It's been lost to time.

Nope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZz8Ua0ossE

There’s a sequel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9M23vpHr9c

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I also recall him and slowbeef doing Webcam Ward up until Khad took things a bit too far.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lmao

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Khad to me was like Blister but less funny and more annoying.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

FluxFaun posted:

So besides all the wonderful chill LPs in the OP, are there any LPs of games that are more like podcasts than anything else? I'm needing something to put on in the background while I work.

anything by Run Button. their ________ Years of Sonic/Mario especially

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
What's available in the way of good Xenoblade LPs? I don't really know much about the series, so anything that gives me a good presentation of what the games are about and what everyone seemed to love so much about them is fine.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

What's available in the way of good Xenoblade LPs? I don't really know much about the series, so anything that gives me a good presentation of what the games are about and what everyone seemed to love so much about them is fine.

No one on SA has managed a complete LP yet. Lethemonster came close, but only made it to the doorstep of the boss of the penultimate dungeon and a very massive game-changing revelation before it fell off completely. It fits your requirements otherwise, however.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

nine-gear crow posted:

No one on SA has managed a complete LP yet. Lethemonster came close, but only made it to the doorstep of the boss of the penultimate dungeon and a very massive game-changing revelation before it fell off completely. It fits your requirements otherwise, however.
Jeez, that's a lot of videos already. Yeah, that will be just fine. I'm sure I'll get bored long before I run out of LP to watch. Thank you.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Cardiovorax posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles was 100% by ChuggaConroy. It's comprehensive, but never dull, and delivered with the utmost enthusiasm for the project and the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

Fedule posted:

I've seen a couple streams of people playing extremely good game Celeste for the first time and slowly developing into platforming gods. I've decided I haven't seen enough. Please help me saturate myself in vicarious Celeste experiences.

Don't know if I'm one of those streamers you've been seeing since I just got through playing Celeste for the first time back in October and had to ride that same difficulty curve all the way up, but if not I offer up my run through the A- and B-sides, as well as an attempt at the Flying Golden Strawberry to close it out: Enjoy, I hope?