Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Ever since Immortals fixed the double-team bug, I can now actually win Main Events using my best cards, so whee!

As for Supercard, thanks to KOTR and a lucky draw I now have four more Legendary Pros than I had for the last Road to Glory (still have to train them up), so I think I might have a shot at the regular Survivor card (wish it was more exciting than Titus, but whatever). I doubt I can score a Nikki, but I'm curious to see how far up the ladder I can go.

I am spending way too much of my time on these F2P games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

ZDar Fan posted:

I am spending way too much of my time on these F2P games

This will be on all our headstones.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Stern Pinball put up a 10 minute video on the making of the Wrestlemania pinball game. Not a ton of wrestling stuff but some insight into the table I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rg5I2-5ID8

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, the double opponent bug is fixed for you guys? Did they... skip me?

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
They're apparently redesigning/rebalancing the cards in Supercard soon. One of the game devs tweeted out this.

Not too sure if I like the look yet. Seems too much like the NBA 2k15 cards.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Is that a win/loss statistic at the bottom?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Delsaber posted:

Is that a win/loss statistic at the bottom?

I think it's the card level.

And wow yeah that is ugly as poo poo.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I guess those are called Fusion Cards. No idea what any of this means, but yay?

"Wish your cards had a little more shine? Your wish will soon be granted - Fusion Cards are coming soon!"

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Jonny Angel posted:

Wait, the double opponent bug is fixed for you guys? Did they... skip me?

Are you on iOS? I am, and mine didn't update automatically; I had to go to the App Store, go to the Immortals page, and download the update from there.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Demp posted:

I guess those are called Fusion Cards. No idea what any of this means, but yay?

"Wish your cards had a little more shine? Your wish will soon be granted - Fusion Cards are coming soon!"

Probably means cards get a total makeover now when you combine them

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Exactly what this game needed; more bullshit to deal with.

From the graphic thing on the announcement, it looked like a way to combine smaller cards into bigger ones. I seem to recall two commons and two uncommons becoming a rare with the new stupid look.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Der-Wreck posted:

I love coming upon wrestling themes out of context. Booker T's theme was used in a Kids in the Hall skit for Francesca Fiore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-CtKIo7olM

Nice. I can't find the clip I mentioned on YouTube anywhere. Maybe I'll upload it later since I have the box set sitting my shelf.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

DoctorDelaware posted:

Exactly what this game needed; more bullshit to deal with.

From the graphic thing on the announcement, it looked like a way to combine smaller cards into bigger ones. I seem to recall two commons and two uncommons becoming a rare with the new stupid look.

On the bright side it helps out all those people who spent tons of time to get 1 PCC card that they'd never be able to pro :)

I'm going to reserve judgement though until I find out how it actually works. Odds are I'll hate it though.

On the other hand, if it aids in adding diversity of cards I'm for it since right now every fight I'm in is some combination of 2-3 RTG cards (sometimes all 4), a random diva and something else. After this weekend it's going to be the same, but all divas will now be Nikki Bella. It's not a lot of fun being like "Which card am I going to see, Sting, Batista, or Reigns" (don't see as many Barrett's for some reason). Anything that opens that up would be amazing.

Odds are fusion cards are just going to be a clusterfuck though that makes things worse somehow...

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Tried to update Immortals on iOS but instead of updating it just says "Waiting" below the app icon forever. Updating a different app worked normally, so it's not an App Store issue. Any idea what the issue might be?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

quote:

New Update - Introducing the Fusion Chamber!
2K today announced new content for WWE® SuperCard, the action-packed WWE collectible card game for mobile devices. In an update available now for free download, WWE SuperCard adds the Fusion Chamber, a card-creating mechanism capable of generating 48 new Fusion cards that are stronger than any released to date. In addition, the update offers new card packs and limited engagement deals, giving players new options for purchase as they add to their array of collectible cards.
Key features in the latest WWE SuperCard update include:
• Fusion Chamber: Players create Fusion cards by inserting several lower-ranking cards, as directed by a recipe, into the Fusion Chamber to unlock one new Fusion card. For example, players insert three Common cards into the Fusion Chamber to produce one more powerful Common Fusion card. Recipes for Fusion cards will vary by rarity level.
• 48 New Cards: With the Fusion Chamber, players can unlock six new cards at each of the eight rarity levels, from Common to Survivor.
• New Card Packs: Ultra Rare, Epic and Legendary WWE Divas.
Additional Information:
• 48 Fusion cards available (4 superstars, 1 diva, and 1 support per rarity).
• Fusion cards are some of the best cards in their rarity.
• Fusion cards can be Pro’d.
• Fusion Chamber rewards 1 of the 6 possible Fusion cards available at that rarity.

I feel like this might be the thing that either makes the game fun for me or kills it entirely. Downloading now so we'll see

Edit: You can straight-up just buy Diva cards now? Pfft where's the fun in that

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Doesn't this just mean everyone will have the same 6 cards all the time?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like its one of those things that would make the game feel more interesting for a week or two and then you'd accomplish enough that you'd just end up back in the same position you started. Banging your head against a ceiling you can't break without spending $.

I deleted Supercard a month or so ago and I feel really good about the decision. Thankfully I only wasted a couple of months on it. Now I can refocus on TEW, which I've wasted half of my life on.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Toshimo posted:

Doesn't this just mean everyone will have the same 6 cards all the time?

Yes, it will definitely be a lateral move.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
You are all exactly right.

On the other hand, one of the rewards is a support card featuring Freddie Blassie.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

It's been up an hour. I don't like it already. You need a fusion card from the previous level to make the next level. So to make an uncommon fusion you need a common fusion, uncommon to make rare etc. etc.

And then it takes time at each level. It takes 4 days to make a survivor fusion card (not counting the time it takes to make all the preceding levels so that you have a legendary fusion to use). Or you can pay like $25 to reduce that wait time by a day...

gently caress that. I don't have the time to devote to making that work.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Happitoo posted:

gently caress that. I don't have the time to devote to making that work.

You know you don't have to like...look at it while it's fusing, right? It takes like 2 seconds.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I want to pro the cards for my collector's score but it seems like doing so would slow down my acquisition of better cards. decisions :cry:

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You know you don't have to like...look at it while it's fusing, right? It takes like 2 seconds.

Right, but you need to devote time to collecting multiple ultra rare, epic, and legendary cards in order to make 1 survivor card (as well as having a survivor you're willing to sacrifice). At least RTG is good for that.

It takes about a week to make 1 survivor fusion assuming you have all the necessary cards to do it. That's just a time sink. At least if you could do multiple fusions at once it would be less horrible. Like being able to fuse a bunch of commons every 15 minutes while you're waiting for your uncommon to finish.

Then you have to hold multiple lower level cards in your deck waiting until you can use them which takes up space. I've already got 52 cards I need to hold on to between cards I use and survivor cards waiting to be pro-ed, now I need to hold onto anything greater than a rare card so I have the necessary ingredients to make a fusion. That's a lot of cards.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The whole fusion thing seems alot like an "end game" thing to me I doubt its worth it for people - Survivor+ rank.

I really would be interested to see just how much money 2k are making off Supercard because there are people putting a hell of alot of money into this game, especially during PCC and RTG events.

This just seems like another thing these people can pump money into.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happitoo posted:

It takes about a week to make 1 survivor fusion assuming you have all the necessary cards to do it. That's just a time sink. At least if you could do multiple fusions at once it would be less horrible. Like being able to fuse a bunch of commons every 15 minutes while you're waiting for your uncommon to finish.
The whole game is a lovely timesink that you should delete immediately.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha god drat it. I only just noticed that you can flip right to go through the different ranks of fusion.

I thought you had to get all the commons, then work your way up through the ranks

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

triplexpac posted:

Haha god drat it. I only just noticed that you can flip right to go through the different ranks of fusion.

I thought you had to get all the commons, then work your way up through the ranks

Yeah. I did commons for a few hours before I found that. It's pretty dumb.

I also fed away a bunch of pro common fusions before I found it to so...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Happitoo posted:

Right, but you need to devote time to collecting multiple ultra rare, epic, and legendary cards in order to make 1 survivor card (as well as having a survivor you're willing to sacrifice). At least RTG is good for that.

Then you have to hold multiple lower level cards in your deck waiting until you can use them which takes up space. I've already got 52 cards I need to hold on to between cards I use and survivor cards waiting to be pro-ed, now I need to hold onto anything greater than a rare card so I have the necessary ingredients to make a fusion. That's a lot of cards.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm in the middle of fusing an UR and I've put under 60 seconds into the fusing process so I don't think "waste of time" is the strongest angle to bitch from.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm in the middle of fusing an UR and I've put under 60 seconds into the fusing process so I don't think "waste of time" is the strongest angle to bitch from.

I get what you're saying, and maybe I'm saying it wrong, but unless you bought cards, immediately went to fuse them and then paid to rush the fuse you've spent more than 60 sec. to accumulate what was necessary for fusing those cards.

This is what it takes to get a survivor fusion card (cumulatively): 1SV, 2Leg, 3E, 5UR, 5SR, 5Rare, 5Uncommon, 7Common. It also takes 10.5 days.

In a week and a half of playing do you pull 1 survivor, 2 legendaries, 3 epics, and 5 ultra rares? If yes, that's good. If no, you have to extend effort and time and take longer than 10.5 days in order to obtain that card.

For someone at the survivor level if I want to make a fusion card what's the easiest way to obtain those cards? I could throw 3 Legendary KoTR, 2 Survivor KoTR, and either get to the finals but lose twice in Survivor KOTR (getting a legendary support & Survivor card) or go 2 quarter finals & 1 semi finals. Conservative estimate that's around 13-14 days. 2 weeks of doing nothing in order to collect the cards necessary.

It's not hard to throw KOTR. You just drop in a bunch of commons and ignore it for 2 days. It's not hard to place high enough in a KoTR. you just have to power up every once in a while. It's a waste of at least 5 KoTR as you get nothing that immediately benefits your team. All the while you have to sit on cards that are no value to your team until the fusion clock runs out and you can dump in the next round of stuff.

It's not a waste of time as in "I had to play for 25 hours to get this". That's RTG/PCC and to a degree I get that because it actually engages you with the game for an extended period of time. Even KOTR you need to check in on once in a while if you're trying to win, and play in order to collect energy. It's a waste in the sense of "I have to go through all these steps that are passively time consuming (losing KOTR to obtain cards below your current level, fusing all the cards up to the level you need that benefits you etc.) , which are there for no other reason other than to eat up time.

If you were engaging and interacting with the fusing process during the 24 hours it takes to make an ultra-rare card, or the 4 days for a survivor I'd be more on board, but the whole process of passively running out the clock on multiple things just in order to obtain what you need to get a card is annoying as poo poo.

ETA: If you're lucky, it'll take you a month in order to get 1 survivor fusion pro. If you're unlucky, it'll take you at least 3.5. If you keep pulling supports it could be longer. That's what I mean by a waste of time. 1-3 months to get 1 card that'll benefit a survivor team is ridiculous. In a month I can get at least 15 survivor cards out of KOTR, 2 survivors and 2 RTG cards from RTG and whatever I end up with from PCC's. a month+ for 1 card at that point is useless.

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 12, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
They need to double the amount of cards you can hold onto, it's getting silly at this point.

They could even charge for it if they wanted to be assholes about it. That's what other games do.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can I fuse a Jack Frost in Supercard? What about a Mara?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

TheJoker138 posted:

gently caress Mara, that rear end in a top hat no-sells everything.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I wanna play the Wrestling Cards, but recently for some reason it's not letting me load up the game. It lets me load up the game and just gives me the option of Facebook or Google, but pushing either of them doesn't do anything.

And sometimes I get it to go through but it just spends a million years loading. Is there something wrong with my account?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

TheNabster posted:

And sometimes I get it to go through but it just spends a million years loading. Is there something wrong with my account?

Connection's been really sketchy lately; probably an overload of players. Hasn't caused me any actual problems yet, just inconvenience...but I'm sure it's a matter of time.

I've decided not to bother pro-ing low level cards for Fusion; I'm already low on card space as it is. Hopefully this makes me feel less bad about combining solo cards that I don't yet have as Pro in the catalog, which I'm sure I'll have to do before too long.

Next: deciding whether or not to build up this pair of Legendary Kanes. On the one hand, Legendary Pros are helpful for the RtG deck. On the other...Kane.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

Connection's been really sketchy lately; probably an overload of players. Hasn't caused me any actual problems yet, just inconvenience...but I'm sure it's a matter of time.

I've decided not to bother pro-ing low level cards for Fusion; I'm already low on card space as it is. Hopefully this makes me feel less bad about combining solo cards that I don't yet have as Pro in the catalog, which I'm sure I'll have to do before too long.

Next: deciding whether or not to build up this pair of Legendary Kanes. On the one hand, Legendary Pros are helpful for the RtG deck. On the other...Kane.

I tossed a pair of kanes and brunos a while back before RtG and regret it as my RtG deck is still carrying 4-5 regular survivors.

Really hope they up the card limit, I was hovering in the low 100's before fusion happened and now I'm hitting the limit after every RtG game

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So what's the trick to not getting Tyson Kidd every time in the Fusion reactor?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TheJoker138 posted:

Everyone at legendary tier is just using the same goddamned Yoshitunes.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

I happen to be in the same boat training up Leg Kanes to combine. I've combined my new pro AJ's and HHH's, and I'm working on Kane. I need to do it since I'm still rounding out my RTG deck with solo Survivors. I figure I'll have them leveled up a bit before I actually need them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Fusion's a nice way to spend cards if you're not interested in going for full completion and want an alternative way to dump cards other than levelling cards you don't really want, and guaranteeing that the fusion cards are better than the other cards of their level is a pretty good way to go about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I see a fair amount of talk about TEW2013, but can anyone speak to Wrestling Spirit? I'm most interested in 3 specifically, but any info would be useful.