Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

What the gently caress kind of clan are you in where everyone isn't there just to pad their average damage? Weird.

Pfft! EE should learn lesson from a CHAI clone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Pfft! EE should learn lesson from a CHAI clone!

No seriously I've been in a lot of clans and you always have those fucks who very clearly care too much about their stats and will ignore the callers in order to avoid risking their tank or to farm more damage. NTR had some of that, but ROXY was the worst.

Gotta pad them stats EE.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I've got a WoWS key and a decent wad of gold on my account. Only stats that matter at the end of the day. :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

No seriously I've been in a lot of clans and you always have those fucks who very clearly care too much about their stats and will ignore the callers in order to avoid risking their tank or to farm more damage. NTR had some of that, but ROXY was the worst.

Gotta pad them stats EE.

Oh I know dude. I was saying to pushedback earlier there's a tiny subset of good dudes and good players in ROXY. Most of them are garbage by being bad @ tonks or bad @ life. Rare the twain shall meet.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh I know dude. I was saying to pushedback earlier there's a tiny subset of good dudes and good players in ROXY. Most of them are garbage by being bad @ tonks or bad @ life. Rare the twain shall meet.

I for one remember some of the ROXYs were bad at both!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

xthetenth posted:

I've got a WoWS key and a decent wad of gold on my account. Only stats that matter at the end of the day. :colbert:

Not empty quoting.

I think I'm going to use the "contributing to a win" as a metric for myself, because days like today are frustrating. Loss after loss.

I did have this battle which felt really good. One shot away from my first Top Gun award:

And even some losses were good, especially since it was a tier 8 battle, but I got killed for my impatience.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I for one remember some of the ROXYs were bad at both!

Isn't that what I just said!

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

xthetenth posted:

drat. Click three times.

Playing the ELC was pretty funny because bad games in it still gave 2500+ wn8.

Win rate is a lot noisier than other stats. Win rate for a few games means nothing whatsoever where average experience or damage might be relevant. You have to play like 500 games to be confident your win rate is within 1-2%.
That said I don't know why anyone uses stats for anything beyond "does this player know you can win the game?"

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

quote:

peter1984666 (10:27:54 PM) u will be banned hacking oval office pos
he couldn't pen a one-shottable E-75 in his full health T-54

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Stats going up is more important that winrate IMO.

Winrate is a stat.

warcrimes posted:

The object of the game is to win. In the end, it's the only stat that really matters. Especially in light of lovely WN incarnations which have subjective goals and parameters and probably hidden agendas in the Wotlab circle jerk culture.

This. Winning is the goal, the other stats just show what you do to win.

For example, my stats show I like to platoon so I can get carried! :smugdog:

Matt18001 posted:

Yes, I started playing today, it seems ok. I played through the short tutorial which consists of a training battle explaining the card types, a battle against the AI, and then 2 PVP battles. It then grants you access to upgrades, reasearch, deck modifications, ect. Not really a traditional CCG, there is a research tree similar to World of Tanks you reaserch and then purchase cards to put in your deck. The gameplay itself plays more like a turn based strategy game than any card games I have played. So far the only payed elements are premium cards that do not seem overpowered, and premium accounts.

I'd say it's worth playing a few matches to see if you like it.

J4G spotted

Didn't work on me :colbert:

You know what comes from Texas, right? Steers and queers, my friend. Steers and queers.

Uranium 235 posted:

he couldn't pen a one-shottable E-75 in his full health T-54

That doesn't surprise me; I looked up his stats. (lol)

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Pft. 2k WN8. gently caress stats, cause I have to do 3500-4000 every single game just to hold steady.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one doing this in a heavy (E-100), instead of all those assholes padding their stats in T62s.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

So is the E-100 worth getting a new crew for? I dont wanna move them from my beloved E-75

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

James Garfield posted:

Playing the ELC was pretty funny because bad games in it still gave 2500+ wn8.

Win rate is a lot noisier than other stats. Win rate for a few games means nothing whatsoever where average experience or damage might be relevant. You have to play like 500 games to be confident your win rate is within 1-2%.
That said I don't know why anyone uses stats for anything beyond "does this player know you can win the game?"

The new physics video makes it look like the handbrake feature renders the ELC hilariously OP.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Don't spoiler it for me, Atomizer. Is it steers and queers?

So funny!

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Animal posted:

So is the E-100 worth getting a new crew for? I dont wanna move them from my beloved E-75

Yes. You most likely want to keep the E-75. The E-100 is also a great tank.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Uranium 235 posted:

I just looked at Chair's post history and he posts a lot about DOTA and sometimes hockey. RIP Chair

It doesn't help that the first time he poked his head in here after "dying," people in here became howler monkeys and started talking like NDP was going to rise from the ashes and map everyone. I'd have gone back into hiding, too.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

The new physics video makes it look like the handbrake feature renders the ELC hilariously OP.

I've been meaning to ask about this. So uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but actual handbrake turning (like on 4-wheeled, non-tracked vehicles) is not possible on tracked vehicles, correct? Because you obviously can't just lock the rear portion of the tracks. Or is it just as simple as locking both the tracks and letting the vehicle slide with whatever momentum it had been carrying?

Saint Celestine posted:

Pft. 2k WN8. gently caress stats, cause I have to do 3500-4000 every single game just to hold steady.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one doing this in a heavy (E-100), instead of all those assholes padding their stats in T62s.

Well it's your own fault for getting your stats that high in the first place. :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RIP Dekatris. It turns out if you piss off [UTFS] members, they'll DDOS you. My internet was murdered.

I assume it was just a coincidental outage, though I'm sure they weren't very happy that I one shot one of them and got the other banned.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJFklQvSGo
LTTB is such a nice gofast tank.

cutie
Oct 22, 2010
I haven't been playing Tanks very much since around patch 8.6 or whenever the Japanese line came out. I really liked playing light tanks but back then there was a patch that made guns more accurate and then literally every good map had the old spotting areas nerfed and anything that didn't have thick sloped armour was difficult to play in the new map designs. I read somewhere that guns are less accurate now, TD's have less view range and maybe some other things I've missed. Are light tanks in a good condition right now?

I had unlocked the t71, one of my favourites and the amx1390, which I could never get the hang of.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

cutie posted:

I haven't been playing Tanks very much since around patch 8.6 or whenever the Japanese line came out. I really liked playing light tanks but back then there was a patch that made guns more accurate and then literally every good map had the old spotting areas nerfed and anything that didn't have thick sloped armour was difficult to play in the new map designs. I read somewhere that guns are less accurate now, TD's have less view range and maybe some other things I've missed. Are light tanks in a good condition right now?

I had unlocked the t71, one of my favourites and the amx1390, which I could never get the hang of.

American lights are currently op, as in, objectively better than most existing lights

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

cutie posted:

I read somewhere that guns are less accurate now

Eh, don't believe the hype. It's certainly not back to pre-8.6 levels.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

cutie posted:

All the t8 lights are quite nice and comfortable at the moment. The accuracy nerf is not a rollback to the olden days, but it is still distinctly more annoying to shoot stuff than now than in the last patch. Their intention was supposedly to nerf snapshots, but they did that by nerfing accuracy in general. t34s turning 180 degrees and immediately shooting you still happens, and is equally or more annoying than before, while you now also have the added bonus of missing a whole lot of fully aimed shots! Basically they nerfed shooting in general, because the meta wg wants for their game consists of players "not clicking on enemy tanks"

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

My WN8 has taken a nose dive recently since the only battles I play for stats anymore are Clan Wars.

WN8 doesn't help you do the missions for free tanks, stop caring about it!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

cutie posted:

The new American lights (and LTTB) are pretty drat good. However you can only scout properly on 5 maps or so (with Fiery Salient being an almost carbon copy of Prokhorovka, except on fire), since the rest of them are made for tanks shooting at each other's turrets at 100 meters range, forever.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

mmkay posted:

The new American lights (and LTTB) are pretty drat good.

The RU251 is amazing and I don't care what people say the Awful Panther is good too! There isn't one stinker in the whole line of Luchs--->RU251.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I thought the Leopard was a piece of poo poo myself

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rothmog posted:

The RU251 is amazing and I don't care what people say the Awful Panther is good too! There isn't one stinker in the whole line of Luchs--->RU251.

I forgot about the RU. Also I have no idea how T54 light behaves after the last patch. Awful Panther is awful, it's even in the name. :colbert: The rest of the line is cool.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

mmkay posted:

I forgot about the RU. Also I have no idea how T54 light behaves after the last patch. Awful Panther is awful, it's even in the name. :colbert: The rest of the line is cool.

t54 light is supposed to be quite nice

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

maev posted:

I thought the Leopard was a piece of poo poo myself

The VK1602 was really good because it was fast and had a solid gun, then it was really poo poo because it got tier 5 light matchmaking and was sluggish with a tier 2 20mm flak gun that penetrated nothing, now it's good again because it got an acceleration boost and has a 3cm gun that can really gently caress things up rapidly if you ignore it

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hellsau posted:

RIP Dekatris. It turns out if you piss off [UTFS] members, they'll DDOS you. My internet was murdered.

I assume it was just a coincidental outage, though I'm sure they weren't very happy that I one shot one of them and got the other banned.

Did he die as a martyr for Obama?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Did he die as a martyr for Obama?

More likely due to a pubbie-induced brain aneurysm if I know Dekatris.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I enjoy the Leopard and bought the Luchs back, though I'm unwilling to push up the light tree until I think I'm a bit better as a player. I kept my T-34 around too, so I could unlock the LTTB at some point. Is the MT-25 okay?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MoraleHazard posted:

I enjoy the Leopard and bought the Luchs back, though I'm unwilling to push up the light tree until I think I'm a bit better as a player. I kept my T-34 around too, so I could unlock the LTTB at some point. Is the MT-25 okay?

Keep going up the German light tree a bit longer, playing for fun drive-by shooting. No, seriously, the Leopard and VK 28 are still hella fun. Even if you don't do much useful scouting, I love blasting heavy asses. It's the Awfulpanther I haven't bought yet and can vouch for.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
the luchs is stupidly overpowered, even more so now that they nerfed viewranges and cut its mm-range. think i had 600 or 700 games in mine before the changes, and it could still carry back then. the leo only feels lackluster, because the luchs is so supremely good

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Atomizer posted:

I've been meaning to ask about this. So uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but actual handbrake turning (like on 4-wheeled, non-tracked vehicles) is not possible on tracked vehicles, correct? Because you obviously can't just lock the rear portion of the tracks. Or is it just as simple as locking both the tracks and letting the vehicle slide with whatever momentum it had been carrying?

You have two hand brakes, one per track. That's enough to do crazy poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPj_8OSen0

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

You have two hand brakes, one per track. That's enough to do crazy poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPj_8OSen0

I knew which video it was without even clicking on it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want a Batchat but stuck on the tier 6 tank atm. I absolutely hate playing light tanks even if they are all bullshit right now.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

kemikalkadet posted:

Did anyone else get into the WoT Generals beta? Just checked my emails and I got an invite today. Looks pretty bad but idk i've never played card games before.

Checked my email and I got in as well! So far my firs pvp the other guy was really aggressive and tok my HQ down to half hp fairly quickly, while I concentrated on killing his tanks. Then he got on the defensive and ran out of cards, and I pushed up and started pounding his HQ, while making sure to kill off the one thing he might get out on the table in a round. And then I lost because time ran out. I didn't even loving see the 15min counter, I'd only noticed the 2-min turn counter. WELP.

2nd battle the other guy is...clearly new to card games. I mean, the first guy was as well, but this dude's terrible, and I kick his rear end easily.

3rd battle the other dude is in the German HQ, which I quickly discover is OP as gently caress. He basically got a Gunner card that let his HQ fire for 3dmg per turn first turn. I had decided to try the US HQ, which only has 16hp. I basically had the chance of a T1 Cunningham vs a Maus.

That said, it's kinda fun. Not a huge card-game player, but this definitely seems ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I want a Batchat but stuck on the tier 6 tank atm. I absolutely hate playing light tanks even if they are all bullshit right now.

Tough it out. The 13 90 and the Batchat make any and all pain up that tree worth it.