Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh lol. there's like nothing in the drat college except the armour andthe lady and too meny armoires i thought

yeah byrgenworth is really small but everything there is pretty cool, especially the the intro/entrance to the boss fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oops i found the key. rom wasn't too tuff especially with the bone that speeds up your dash i don't remember picked up because i haven't played this game i 3 or 4 weeks. then i went to yhargul and got blown up by some lasers while blood grannies hacked me with scythes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

finally tried out the short root for co-op and it ewas cool. not nearly as cool as getting the new sig heil gesture for my hitler character though haha

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i killed the one big alien in the room of many lesser aliens really easily and thought i was hard. i was thinking i had atl east a few hours until the next boss so i wasn't really paying attention or whatever, and then less than 60 seconds later another boss fight? completely took me by surprise and i got murdered

even though the game always surprises me i keep falling back into a false comfort zone where i think i definitely know whats in store for me only to get owned in new and creative ways

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm loving EXCITED about the old hunters

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played a ton today and discovered the terrible secret of the giant barking crows. Every boss I fought today was satisfying to take down, especially the big bad at yahar'gul. I stopped at the second boss of mensis's nightmare, I am really excited to see what the game throws at me next.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

I played a ton today and discovered the terrible secret of the giant barking crows. Every boss I fought today was satisfying to take down, especially the big bad at yahar'gul. I stopped at the second boss of mensis's nightmare, I am really excited to see what the game throws at me next.

which boss are you referring to?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Evil Eagle posted:

lol the first time I ran into one of the pigs there I KNEW there was going to be some horrible poo poo wrong when it turned around and it still creeped me the heck out! brr!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

which boss are you referring to?

The wet nurse.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

The wet nurse.

ah..

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

lol the first time I ran into one of the pigs there I KNEW there was going to be some horrible poo poo wrong when it turned around and it still creeped me the heck out! brr!!

the biggest jump i had was the first time snakes sprouted out of a dudes head

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

The expansion is pretty great so far (benefit of living in Aus, I've had the expansion since this morning) getting my rear end kicked by the first boss of it. The new weapons are all super cool from what I've seen so far & the level design has really toyed with expectations. It's really fun.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah Bro posted:

The expansion is pretty great so far (benefit of living in Aus, I've had the expansion since this morning) getting my rear end kicked by the first boss of it. The new weapons are all super cool from what I've seen so far & the level design has really toyed with expectations. It's really fun.

I'm about to boot this poo poo up and play as much as I can today before I have to leave for thanksgiving travels tomorrow. gamer hell yeah

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I got to the DLC and got owned repeatedly by the first guy in it lmao

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Level 26 is not a good enough level to go in there... be warned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy the DLC all...going on self imposed lockdown until Sunday when I can play

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

The wet nurse.

The boss run for that is insane

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

In Training posted:

Enjoy the DLC all...going on self imposed lockdown until Sunday when I can play

Same

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

The boss run for that is insane

not at all. unless you don't get the shortcut

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Up until you get the last elevator totally. But there were like 2 hogs and a squad of those shadows before that

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Level 26 is not a good enough level to go in there... be warned

I had a character at level 50 with the blades of mercy at like +6 or 7 and yeah, the regular mooks are hp sponges for me and I just got to the first boss and I think I might be here for a while lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
not gonna lie I just ran past everything between micolash and wet nurse

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

I had a character at level 50 with the blades of mercy at like +6 or 7 and yeah, the regular mooks are hp sponges for me and I just got to the first boss and I think I might be here for a while lol

same

beast hunter saif seems cool. don't really care for the whip club though and i can't use the other 2 I found

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

Up until you get the last elevator totally. But there were like 2 hogs and a squad of those shadows before that

yeah the 6 man shadow squad or whatever is really bad rear end. mensis is really cool and it makes me anxious the whole time im there, especially the first half

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

dragon enthusiast posted:

not gonna lie I just ran past everything between micolash and wet nurse

That's a fail

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
took me like 10 tries but I beat the first boss of the dlc. I was hootin and hollerin when I staggered him with like 2 hits left to kill him and no blood vials

Dec 26, 2012

i ran into the first boss and got owned within 10 seconds so yeah. gonna try again tonight, he's probably not that bad

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need to finish some work before i can sink into my couch and becoming a disgusting gaming blob

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i blobbed early, and played for an hour or so. it's amazing. very good. my guy is level ~80, which feels maybe a little bit overpowered in terms of health and weapon damage, but there have still been some tough fights.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the second area after the first boss has the best atmosphere in a souls game so far, prolly even better than tower of latria imho

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm level 187 in ng++ and the first boss is powerful. Solid. Thick.

Very fun.

Dec 26, 2012

that charge attack is some poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

that charge attack is some poo poo

it's what keeps destroying me, although i think i understand the basic idea behind winning the fight. i've gotten him down to half after about 3 attempts, but he's fairly tough.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He breathes smoke before the charge. God loving help you if you're healing though.

It's his temper tantrum stomps that get me.

Or getting pinned against a wall or pillar when he does his spray / breath attack...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I just beat the third boss and that was one of my favorite boss fights in a souls game ever.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the first boss is kicking my rear end in a way that only undead giant 2, gehrman and ebrietas did in the original game

Dec 26, 2012

same. part of that is being level 60 with +6/7 weapons but not all of it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat wet nurse and some other bosses I missed in upper cathedral ward so now I'm doing the dlc before I finish the game. The first boss kicked my rear end for a while of course. The second area is extremely awesome and I got the second boss to 1/20th of its health before dying, twice.

To the Great Blood Vial bridge I go.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat wet nurse and some other bosses I missed in upper cathedral ward so now I'm doing the dlc before I finish the game. The first boss kicked my rear end for a while of course. The second area is extremely awesome and I got the second boss to 1/20th of its health before dying, twice.

To the Great Blood Vial bridge I go.

Hemwick is a far better place to get vials. Keep trying with that second boss! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah Bro posted:

Hemwick is a far better place to get vials. Keep trying with that second boss! :)

Thanks, this is way more efficient if only because you actually get a decent amount of echoes.

I beat the second boss and after I saw what was next I knew my friends would want to see so I started working on chalice dungeons and got to the lower version of the first chalice. They're alright so far but I can see them getting old on multiple playthroughs. Getting way more bosses is awesome though and I'll definitely try and clear all 4 chalice types just to fight them.