Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Dont make me feel sympathetic for the Saint kthx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cheap shots don't own. Don't hit a guy when he can't see it coming.

...unless it's a sack from behind during a game, of course.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Winston for starting that.
gently caress Lattimore for being himself.

Evans is alright, he got baited into that by his dipshit QB.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Evans was the worst one in that play lol

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Trip report

Chicago trip was fun! Ate some pie at Lou Malnati's and Gino's East.

Gino's pie was better imo.

Happy Saturday and thanks for the tips, NFC south thread.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Trip report

Chicago trip was fun! Ate some pie at Lou Malnati's and Gino's East.

Gino's pie was better imo.

Happy Saturday and thanks for the tips, NFC south thread.

Glad you had fun, hope Hamilton was as good as you hoped. Who was Aaron Burr?

I went with Wayne Brady and I'm not saying that Wayne Brady is a showman whose talents have been chronically underserved by his career, but I am saying the rest of the cast looked like community theater near him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Man Norwell is gonna follow Gettlemen to NY isn't he?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Barudak posted:

Glad you had fun, hope Hamilton was as good as you hoped. Who was Aaron Burr?

I went with Wayne Brady and I'm not saying that Wayne Brady is a showman whose talents have been chronically underserved by his career, but I am saying the rest of the cast looked like community theater near him.

Gregory Treco, who I guess is the under study?? He started out kinda slow but absolutely killed it by the ending (pun intended ;) )

Also we tried Gino's East and Giordano's and both were solid. Plus the weather was perfect. A real nice trip

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Twitter dude has a cool old school review of Saints/Falcons back in '02 going. Some fun memories in there. Think what you will about Vick, but dude was really fun to watch. His arm strength was ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/958386034454253569

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/958392424719667200

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Man Norwell is gonna follow Gettlemen to NY isn't he?

It would take some magic for Carolina to afford him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

It would take some magic for Carolina to afford him.

Is that due to the Kalil contract or do ya'll have a lot of FA's upcoming?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Twitter dude has a cool old school review of Saints/Falcons back in '02 going. Some fun memories in there. Think what you will about Vick, but dude was really fun to watch. His arm strength was ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/958386034454253569

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/958392424719667200

please do not post the gif of the new years game vs carolina where vick dived forward and flew I think approximately 80 yards 1 inch off the ground for a game winning TD it's very triggering

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I remember that exact Vick sweep TD. It was loving bananas watching that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

please do not post the gif of the new years game vs carolina where vick dived forward and flew I think approximately 80 yards 1 inch off the ground for a game winning TD it's very triggering

Which one now?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

literally shaking rn

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

literally shaking rn

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It's a wonder this fool didn't RG3 himself out of the league before the Dogfighting caught up with him.

Carolina fans are laughing now, tho... fuckin' Cam...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's a wonder this fool didn't RG3 himself out of the league before the Dogfighting caught up with him.

Carolina fans are laughing now, tho... fuckin' Cam...

It is pretty incredible that outside of a broken leg in preseason he didn't miss time. Dude was getting lit up every game because he refused to go oob

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://youtu.be/SaHsP2VbwCA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Really sad to hear that he's retiring but at 71, it's understandable.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kamara with ROTY. Well deserved.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kamara with ROTY. Well deserved.

Reminder Butch had him #2 behind Jalen Hurd. He only started when Hurd bailed on the team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Reminder Butch had him #2 behind Jalen Hurd. He only started when Hurd bailed on the team.

Lol wow. And he only got play time once they traded AP from NO. Though they probably recognized the talent and traded AP because of Kamara emerging? Not sure.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol wow. And he only got play time once they traded AP from NO. Though they probably recognized the talent and traded AP because of Kamara emerging? Not sure.

That's probably right. I remember AP playing and not getting much done, then they'd toss Kamara in there and he'd look awesome.

Which is pretty much what happened at Tennessee except Butch was too dumb/stubborn to give Kamara all/most of the reps. When Hurd left and Kamara became the starter with John Kelly as backup, it was awesome.

It's funny because Hurd and Ingram are similar backs but Butch is an idiot.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Counterpoint: Cheap shots CAN own.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_61903cfa-0835-11e8-ad31-6b288614865f.html

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I for one am surprised the Saints took this opportunity to steal the attention back from the Patriots in regards to a game they did not even play in!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol what a bunch of whiny piss babies

I for one am surprised the Saints took this opportunity to steal the attention back from the Patriots in regards to a game they did not even play in!

I for one am surprised that you're still salty over this

here's where you try to explain it away by saying it's an old joke and they should come up with better jokes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I for one am surprised that you're still salty over this

here's where you try to explain it away by saying it's an old joke and they should come up with better jokes

Not salty at all because well your second sentence friend :cheers:

Also, I know you play Asscreedo, I'm digging it so far. Still way early on but my fav thing so far is my doggo doing the head tilt everytime I whistle in game hah. Have you finished the game? Good start to finish?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yeah it sucked in the moment, but the sting is pretty much gone, now. It's nice to have a good season for once.

The River City Relay? That will always hurt.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its honestly really far down on the list of embarassing Saints defensive collapses (vol 2) and even further down the all time list.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eh, since the Vikings got pasted the next week and seeing how Vikings fans are acting towards the Eagles, that doesn't sting nearly as bad.

Hell, I can't think of any Super Bowls where New Orleans hosted that the fans were that aggressive towards another team's fans. The only one I would think would qualify would be the 80s 49ers, and I don't remember that at all.

Now I do remember the hate towards Goodell the year Payton was banned and the SB was here, but that one was pretty understandable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm never gonna get over dudes "Jesus Take the Wheel" tackling form.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Eh, since the Vikings got pasted the next week and seeing how Vikings fans are acting towards the Eagles, that doesn't sting nearly as bad.

Hell, I can't think of any Super Bowls where New Orleans hosted that the fans were that aggressive towards another team's fans. The only one I would think would qualify would be the 80s 49ers, and I don't remember that at all.

Now I do remember the hate towards Goodell the year Payton was banned and the SB was here, but that one was pretty understandable.

Is it aggressive? Or just salty and passive aggressive?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Not salty at all because well your second sentence friend :cheers:

Also, I know you play Asscreedo, I'm digging it so far. Still way early on but my fav thing so far is my doggo doing the head tilt everytime I whistle in game hah. Have you finished the game? Good start to finish?

Yeah it’s good. Gets a little repetitive with the side quests but whatever. I have finished it and am just starting the Hidden Ones DLC. Pretty good so far

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah it’s good. Gets a little repetitive with the side quests but whatever. I have finished it and am just starting the Hidden Ones DLC. Pretty good so far

The controls are messing me up going from SoW to this but other than that I'm loving it and my camel mount :hellyeah:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is it aggressive? Or just salty and passive aggressive?

Either way, I don't remember any reports of any New Orleans fans harassing other team fans outside the usual drunken jackassery for a Super Bowl as much as I see reports of what the Vikings fans are doing.

Now if the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in Atlanta next year....whoo doggie. 😁

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The controls are messing me up going from SoW to this but other than that I'm loving it and my camel mount :hellyeah:

Lol camel mount psssh

This is me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Either way, I don't remember any reports of any New Orleans fans harassing other team fans outside the usual drunken jackassery for a Super Bowl as much as I see reports of what the Vikings fans are doing.

Now if the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in Atlanta next year....whoo doggie. 😁

I'm convinced this will happen because this is the darkest timeline possible.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol camel mount psssh

This is me

:stare:

What is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I'm convinced this will happen because this is the darkest timeline possible.

:stare:

What is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Downloadable mount, you can either use your in game currency stuff to get it or if you have the season pass it comes with it. Go look in the store.

• Locked thread