Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

Saul strikes me as dead inside like someone who went through a messy breakup, and then after became completely self-interested because the world never did him no favors for doing what he felt was noble. Some people get numb when the world hurts them and they become vastly different people to protect themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TBeats posted:

If you couldn't derive the original meaning then you wouldn't tell people specifically to use hero instead of protagonist.

The post that led to this derail said Saul goes "from protagonist to villain." That paints the original meaning with a fairly vivid brush.

protagonist absolutely does not work in that context because Saul is still and will continue to be the protagonist of this show no matter how villainous he gets.

Riptor posted:

Michael Douglas is the protagonist in that film

yeah, but just like Macbeth or Faustus or Jimmy McGill, he's not the hero. Robert Duvall is despite being the antagonist, just like MacDuff. That's my point.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Baron Corbyn posted:

yeah, but just like Macbeth or Faustus or Jimmy McGill, he's not the hero. Robert Duvall is despite being the antagonist, just like MacDuff. That's my point.

Oh whoops I totally misread your post. Yep we're in agreement. Sorry about that!

Riptor fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 16, 2017

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

quote:

Oh c'mon.

You all missed that? Seriously?

When she said out loud that "We believe this offer is more than fair" she abruptly ceased her monologue.

Because she realized at that moment that the plaintiffs in the Sandpiper Crossing case had accepted an offer that was less then fair, and there was only one person who not only stood to benefit from that but was also capable of making it happen somehow.

Fatigued driving is problematic, but distracted driving is what Howard would call the straw that broke the camels back. In vintage Gilligan fashion she wound up being the unexpected victim of Saul Goodman

:allears:

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Season Finale Prediction: Mike burns down the Wexler-McGill office (with Chuck's lantern) while Kim and Jimmy are in the hospital, and Jimmy gets a call.

"I'm the protagonist now, Goodman."

Cue credit roll

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I hate the loving word "protagonist". it's like everyone learned what it meant because of the Hunger Games reviewsand now people won't stop using it whenever it is slightly usable.

Im late to this but hahahaha jesus christ

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Groovelord Neato posted:

every good show makes you like awful people at least sometimes. oz is a revolving door of the worst of the worst but there are points you feel bad for most if not all of them.

For me, the best "we suddenly care for the villain" is Ben Linus from Lost. In just 1 episode, a single loving episode, he went from one of the most hated to "...I just want to give him a hug :( "

Jawdins posted:

Season Finale Prediction: Mike burns down the Wexler-McGill office (with Chuck's lantern) while Kim and Jimmy are in the hospital, and Jimmy gets a call.

Cue credit roll

Using Walt's voice on the phone.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Baron Corbyn posted:

protagonist absolutely does not work in that context because Saul is still and will continue to be the protagonist of this show no matter how villainous he gets.

Yes it does. Did you know he meant hero?

Then it does.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jawdins posted:

Cue credit roll

"Can you define that" -Jimmy

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's unrealistic that someone would be bleeding after crashing their car into a rock.
It seems like facial burns from the airbag. It's very accurate for the period the show is set in.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Khorne posted:

It seems like facial burns from the airbag. It's very accurate for the period the show is set in.

Let's argue about this for exactly 69 pages.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jimmy/Saul is great. It's amazing seeing him scheme is way into poo poo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I cant get over someone getting mad at the word protagonist

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
A man trapped in a concentric labyrinth of bookcases, getting progressively angrier at aristoteles and joseph campbell because of harry potter millenials saying they liked the character arc of neville longbottom

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Let's argue about this for exactly 69 pages.

Better Call Saul Season 3: Analyzing Airbag Injuries and Protagonist Synonyms

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

For me, the best "we suddenly care for the villain" is Ben Linus from Lost. In just 1 episode, a single loving episode, he went from one of the most hated to "...I just want to give him a hug :( "

Using Walt's voice on the phone.

Its walt with mikes voice

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the last episode of the show will be Saul securing a deal for a corrupt mega-distributor to sell a ton of carcinogenic soaps to a local car wash

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

That DICK! posted:

the last episode of the show will be Saul securing a deal for a corrupt mega-distributor to sell a ton of carcinogenic soaps to a local car wash

Actually, that would probably be the kind of case Kim would handle...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

"I am the one who protagonizes"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

TVIV is the worst forum on something awful and I don't say that ironically or endearingly

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sagebrush posted:

TVIV is the worst forum on something awful and I don't say that ironically or endearingly

CineD routinely defends Man of Steel.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I really shouldn't be laughing at this, but, what else am I gonna do for a few more days? Read endless arguments about what a protagonist is?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It's unrealistic that someone would be bleeding after crashing their car into a rock.

You've clearly never been in a car accident. The whole thing made me shutter a bit because the airbag, blood, the way Kim looked.. everything was pretty much spot on for what happened when we got in a car accident while my girlfriend was driving. I have a feeling they did their homework on airbag injuries.

The passenger side airbag didn't exist off but fortunately it wasn't bad enough to mash my face into the dash. Older car, about the same era as the one Kim would have been driving.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I really didnt want to be a confrontational prick who generalizes so i didnt say it at first but every time i check this thread the posts make me think that theres a lot of people that genuinely dont enjoy tv or narratives at all

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He's making fun of this guy

Cojawfee posted:

What was with the blood at the car crash? I've been in a car crash before and I got some burns on my face from the airbag, but I wasn't bleeding or anything.

and ein cooler typ's a gimmick poster who's gimmick is being a big idiot retard

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

I can't get over them thinking it had anything to do with the loving Hunger Games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I can't get over them thinking it had anything to do with the loving Hunger Games

Its one of the most succinctly stupid posts ive seen in a long time

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know, we'll always have D&D, or as I like to call it CONFORM, CONFORM, CONFORM OR BAN

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

CineD routinely defends Man of Steel.

it's definitely cd.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sagebrush posted:

DnD called

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's definitely cd.

cd has the dumbest posters, I'll give you that, but the most insufferable really are D&D, that whole sub-forum is out of control and has been for a long time.

If you disagree with D&D on any issue no matter how calm you are about it, prep for a probation or ban hammer while people flail about screaming TRIGGERED off their rear end by someone not agreeing with them one hundred percent. It really is just the worst. There is positively no debating in the debate forum.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The mod circlejerk in D&D is so bad they refused to ban a bunch of posters who toxxed for Hillary after the election

So expect bans / probs for disagreeing but as long as you're​ on the "right side" you can break all the rules you want

Worst forum case closed

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 16, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

You need to be an absolute oval office to get kicked out of the UK D&D thread.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Steve2911 posted:

The various (place)pol threads are kind of their own thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jimmy is the show’s marklar.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Steve2911 posted:

Actually I saw some great hilarious GBS posters get kicked out of the UK D&D thread.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

cd has the dumbest posters, I'll give you that, but the most insufferable really are D&D, that whole sub-forum is out of control and has been for a long time.

If you disagree with D&D on any issue no matter how calm you are about it, prep for a probation or ban hammer while people flail about screaming TRIGGERED off their rear end by someone not agreeing with them one hundred percent. It really is just the worst. There is positively no debating in the debate forum.

You got probated there 8 years ago, things have changed there are plenty of right wing trolls who post daily and have never been banned for it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Blazing Ownager posted:

You've clearly never been in a car accident. The whole thing made me shutter a bit because the airbag, blood, the way Kim looked.. everything was pretty much spot on for what happened when we got in a car accident while my girlfriend was driving. I have a feeling they did their homework on airbag injuries.

The passenger side airbag didn't exist off but fortunately it wasn't bad enough to mash my face into the dash. Older car, about the same era as the one Kim would have been driving.

The plural of "anticdote" is not "data". I don't think Kim would have bled like that after that car crash, and just because you were in a car crash once doesn't make you an expert.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Michael Mando should have been in this show more. Michael Mando should be in more things more.

Scene with Nacho and his dad was kinda the best part of the episode.

I feel like he looks a lot younger this episode? Bob Odenkirk also looks impossibly...smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Mods please change my name to Gaslighting Grandma

• Locked thread