Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'll be shocked if it's not a new eeveelution or something

My guess is Eevee gets a normal-type evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

"Attention: Pokemon is cancelled. It is dead. Thank you and have a pleasant day."

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Waffles Inc. posted:

I'm lowkey skeptical they'll have learned because the entire "gameplay loop" of LGP/E seems to be the motion capturing

And even worse if they get the idea that it should be a core mechanic and it bleeds over to gen 8. I'm fine with it being optional but for gently caress's sake, give us a button prompt.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's just resting until 2019.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hopefully I could dump the Pikachu and Eevee asap and get a Jigglypuff that can ride on my head and wear sunglasses.

Pikachu and Eevee are going to be the only ones with dressup. In a handful of shots you can see that they never leave your head/back even if you set other mons to follow you.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I fully expect any bank functionality to be "Poketransporter into Gen 8", if anything.

It looks cute but being tied directly into the F2P Go economy gives me hell of pause, esp when it's co-announced with a full on F2P monstrosity. :sigh:

I am lowkey laughing at genwunners who wanted a yellow remake and it came with the full curled monkey paw finger treatment of "local trading/battles only" though

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Do we know theres local trading and battling?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah I'm guessing the only multiplayer features are the co-op and what already exists in Go.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah I'm guessing the only multiplayer features are the co-op and what already exists in Go.
More or less confirmed:
https://twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/1001648651406462977

At least this is a game I know I can safely ignore until Gen 8 comes out, so I can delay getting a Switch that much longer. :v:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They showed "gifting", idk enough about the current state of Go to comment on whatever other features they've added since I tried it at launch

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...pokemon-go.aspx
Here's a decent write-up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts
I went through the trailer and didn't see anything new as far as locations:

Pallet Town,Route 1, Fuchsia City, Pewter City, Viridian Forest, Vermilion City, Route 1, Route 2 Route 3, Mt Moon, Route 24/Nugget Bridge, the cycling path, and Route 14 all flash by at some point.

The cycling path seems to keep its design from HGSS but a Ponyta appearing there means the Pokemon data is from Yellow version. Nugget Bridge also had Bug Catcher Cale, which was the same trainer in FRLG.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts
I went through the trailer and didn't see anything new as far as locations:

Pallet Town,Route 1, Fuchsia City, Pewter City, Viridian Forest, Vermilion City, Route 1, Route 2 Route 3, Mt Moon, Route 24/Nugget Bridge, the cycling path, and Route 14 all flash by at some point.

The cycling path seems to keep its design from HGSS but a Ponyta appearing there means the Pokemon data is from Yellow version. Nugget Bridge also had Bug Catcher Cale, which was the same trainer in FRLG.

drat. GameXplain should hire you.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Walking Pokemon are back, which is cool

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Does this mean Green will get yet another remix to his encounter and battle theme?

Encounter had been in Gen I, Gen III, Origins, Generations, and Gen VIII
Battle has been in Gen I, III, Vx2, VII, Stadium, Anime, Origins...

What fun

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gophoneon
Letsagoeon
Waggleon
Eeveeeon

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I guess I'll just wait and see how it turns out after a couple months past release. Most people wanted a new proper gen, we get a remake instead! New gen is about a year away so I'll see what happens with that one.

I wonder if they'll make it so that it's only backwards compatable with the yellow remake :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they hit 1000 Pokémon with the next core game.

How does the national Pokédex handle Alohan Pokémon? Do they get their own number? I haven’t played S/M yet.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they hit 1000 Pokémon with the next core game.

How does the national Pokédex handle Alohan Pokémon? Do they get their own number? I haven’t played S/M yet.

The aloha evolutions of gen 1s are formes as far as the national dex is concerned, the actually-new alohamon are 722-802

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I legitimately do not understand who this product was designed for. It's going to be too much of a game for Go fans to be into, and too little of one for core fans to be into. I really don't get it.

At least it looks nice visually.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Funkmaster General posted:

I legitimately do not understand who this product was designed for. It's going to be too much of a game for Go fans to be into, and too little of one for core fans to be into. I really don't get it.

children are a demographic, and pokemon is a series made and marketed for children

this is not hard math

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

children, much like every pokemon entry

ones who were not alive when the 4th gen games initially released in 2006

:corsair:

e: beat while trying to find what the hell corsair was called

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-pokemon-lets-go-eevee/

quote:

Now you can use your Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con to toss a Poké Ball at your target with one hand, either by pressing a button or flicking your wrist. With fewer buttons and intuitive action, it’s never been simpler.

I've gone from being worried about this game to no longer caring very much about it, so that's good. As long as they don't put in any other required motion controls.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
There seems to be some misinformation about the online?

https://twitter.com/surielvazquez/status/1001660438583660546?s=21

Keeping an eye out on that; this would be what makes or breaks my decision to buy.

Though I'm surprised people are mad about the lack of wild Pokémon battles. Seriously? That's the most tedious part of the mainline games. Especially in the recent 3DS games, which is already slow with frame pacing. Grind me up some buddies into candy so I can do more trainer battling!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Cicadas! posted:

children are a demographic, and pokemon is a series made and marketed for children

this is not hard math

Children have been playing full-on Pokemon RPGs for 20 years, not sure why you would need to make a separate game specifically for children starting now, considering they still have a regular game in the works. Unless the new core games are specifically being designed with an older audience in mind, but I strongly doubt that.

In any case, I don't think this looks good at all. I'll give it a chance, but I'm really disappointed. One more year isn't too awful I guess.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SirBukkake posted:

Keeping an eye out on that; this would be what makes or breaks my decision to buy.

Though I'm surprised people are mad about the lack of wild Pokémon battles. Seriously? That's the most tedious part of the mainline games. Especially in the recent 3DS games, which is already slow with frame pacing. Grind me up some buddies into candy so I can do more trainer battling!

Just repeatedly throwing pokeballs is not terribly exciting. At least with the mainline games, you could at strategize if there was a particular Pokemon you wanted to catch. There's a degree of tension when you have to be careful to not KO the Pokemon and try to status it for easier catching.

Wild Pokemon battles were also useful for grinding a bit if you needed to before a gym.

If the battle system is generally the same, what are they gonna do about movesets? And levels? In Go, Pokemon only have 2 moves and are unable to learn more. If you bring a Pokemon from Go into the game, will it only have 2 moves? Are levels gone and replaced with CP?

That trailer pretty much killed all my interest in this game, which is unfortunate. At least we should be getting a proper Pokemon game in 2019.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SirBukkake posted:

Presumably the "no online" comment was about the co-op gameplay

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well my friends looks like everything is poo poo until a few months after these come out when they unveil Let's Go! Jigglypuff. You are given a jigglypuff which then puts you to sleep and robs you.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Children have been playing full-on Pokemon RPGs for 20 years, not sure why you would need to make a separate game specifically for children starting now, considering they still have a regular game in the works. Unless the new core games are specifically being designed with an older audience in mind, but I strongly doubt that.

In any case, I don't think this looks good at all. I'll give it a chance, but I'm really disappointed. One more year isn't too awful I guess.
Why are you getting so bent out of shape over them making a children-leaning game? Just don’t play it, dude.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

SirBukkake posted:

Yeah, about that https://twitter.com/SurielVazquez/status/1001668620341178368?s=20

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

Why are you getting so bent out of shape over them making a children-leaning game? Just don’t play it, dude.

I'm not. I just said it looks bad and I don't know why they made it. What are you on about?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Dang, you people are babies. Let's Go looks super fun with a unique aesthetic and I'm all for a Pokemon game trying out new mechanics like local drop-in co-op. Yellow with new story elements is cool as heck and they're experimenting with brand new stuff. We're getting a full-fledged mainline Switch title next year too! How is any of this bad?!!

There's no way in hell the game has Pokemon Go mechanics beyond Joycon motion/single catching and the Pokemon Go Plus-style device. They show 4 moves and menus just like any other Pokemon game. There's going to be normal Pokemon leveling. There's will be no candy for evolutions. It's like most of you never watched the trailer Nintendo just dropped.

Let's Go is a very cool concept. Y'all suck hard. How can you hate on a game with walking Pokemon and customizable Eevee dress-up too????

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 30, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Some more information:

Why Eevee? One reason was that your rival in Yellow used Eevee. Also, the character has gotten massively popular over the years, and they've decided to start using him as a partner to Pikachu.

There's a special Pokemon mentioned in the trailer that Go players can meet if they link with Let's Go. It's an all-new Pokemon we've never seen before.

You will still be able to battle and trade, but you'll have to have multiple Switches for that. You can have multiple accounts on the same console however.

No plans as of now for Let's Go to use Nintendo's online service.

The 2019 games will not be follow ups to Let's Go. They'll be an all new series like X/Y and Sun/Moon.

What drove The Pokemon Company to go to the Switch instead of sticking to handheld? They view the Switch as a combo home console/handheld, so they wanted to take the good parts of the handhelds and expand on them with the Switch.

The Let's Go games are designed primarily as home console games while the 2019 games will have more of an emphasis on the handheld experience. They didn't elaborate on what that might mean.

They have other gameplay ideas regarding how Let's Go and Go will interface. Those who play both will be rewarded.

Pokemon Quest: You cannot share data across platforms, but no internet connection is required to play it.

They see the Let's Go games as the next step for players brought in by Pokemon Go to continue with the series. That's why the catching interface and models are the same.

The 2019 games, meanwhile, are what they see as their way to move the handheld experience forward, and they've been working on it since before the Switch released which is why they won't be as influenced by Go.

There are plans for the Pokeball Plus beyond Let's Go/Go. They see it as the next iteration of the Go Plus.

You will not be able to evolve your partner Pokemon, but you can catch other Eevee/Pikachu in the wild.

Your partner Pokemon will take up one slot in your party, and it can be boxed. Boxes work differently in that you now have one box in your bag.

The ability to transfer between Go/Let's Go opens up about halfway through the game, and you'll be able to do it freely after. There's also minigames if you transfer lots of Pokemon over.

Candy from Go will not do anything in Let's Go. No word if you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from Let's Go and turn them into Candy.

Any Pokemon that's large enough in Let's Go you'll be able to ride (they had the idea to let you ride Pokemon of any size but decided against it.)

Although the interface is different, you still earn EXP from catching Pokemon as well as trainer battles.

Event Pokemon in Go (Ash's Hat Pikachu) cannot be transferred to Let's Go.

The controls for catching in handheld mode will have you moving the console around and pressing the button. No touch screen and the gyro is required.

No additional details on Z-moves/Mega Evolution.

They haven't locked down how Experience from capturing/trainer battles will be distributed (evenly, per Pokemon, etc.).

Trading and battling will be available through Wi-fi and local play.

According to Masuda, as of right now, in general, only the original 150 Pokemon are available.

No details on Player customization

No going to Johto. The map of Kanto will be similar to the original landmass, but there will be geographical differences.

Although there are some Alolan forms in Let's Go, there are otherwise no connections between it and Sun/Moon.

There are once again two versions and the usual version differences (Individual Pokemon). No plot differences.

The games come out on November 16 for 60$. Pokeball Plus is about 50$.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

You will not be able to evolve your partner Pokemon, but you can catch other Eevee/Pikachu in the wild.

Your partner Pokemon will take up one slot in your party, and it can be boxed. Boxes work differently in that you now have one box in your bag.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think this would be a good game for people that want to roleplay as a trainer

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A box... in a bag? That doesn't make any sense. I can't envision it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Dang, you people are babies. Let's Go looks super fun with a unique aesthetic and I'm all for a Pokemon game trying out new mechanics like local drop-in co-op.

I don't really give a poo poo about this slap fight, but what exactly about this art style is "unique"?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can put the pokemon in storage so you dont have it taking up a spot every time

I guess you can technically carry 7 pokemons with you now

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Naughty Eevees who ignore the reason for their name and very existence get put in The Box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, not being able to evolve Pikachu, I get, because it has access to several good moves and the Light Ball

Eevee, however, basically only exists to evolve (recently somewhat mitigated by Extreme Evoboost, which still barely helps)

Gary sure as heck didn't obey that particular rule during Yellow

I guess you could make it minutely bulkier with the Eviolite?

If that is in fact accurate, I wonder what eevee's new gimmick in Everyone's Story is going to be to keep it in the same league as Pikachu