Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So Varys = vegeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Varys is Mr. Popo.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Victarion, after training with Moqqoro, 1st Mate of the Lord of Light, discovered how to get into Gear Fourth.

Enron is using his Conquerer's Haki to keep his younger brother under his control

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Im not understanding, what I assume to be, all the Japanese references.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

TommyGun85 posted:

Im not understanding, what I assume to be, all the Japanese references.

Don't pretend. No one reads fantasy books and doesn't know what a saiyan is.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saiyan is dutch for "great monkey fighter."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

syscall girl posted:

Yeah, D&D are the new gurm

And the guy playing the blackfish was great at acting the part, probably not so good at swinging a movie sword

See also Selmy and the sons of the harpy

They're trying to make a show and the tricky bits of sword fights are all hosed

Not a lot of actors are going to be good in sword fights unless they're in shape and actually get some kind of training. Hell, the LOTR movies had a sword instructor training the actors so they wouldn't be clumsy as poo poo (they still were at times though nothing could make shield-riding Legolas not be dumb).

It could be worse, GoT fight scenes could look like a Steven Seagal movie.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

syscall girl posted:

See also Selmy and the sons of the harpy

I thought the action from Selmy in that scene was fine - he was bisecting motherfuckers left and right. It was all the other things going on that made it dumb.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It could be worse, GoT fight scenes could look like a Steven Seagal movie.

"I'll take you to the bank, Nuncle...the wyldfyre bank."

visceril posted:

"M-masaka..." Jon stammered. "It can't be..."

"Oh but it can, bastard. ALL Northmen carry saiyan blood. But only we Boltons are ruthless enough to unlock our warrior potential. Now you will die here, alone"

"You're wrong, Ramsay! I'm not the one who's alone! You are! I have my friends beside me! Here," Jon said, pounding his chest, "and here!" He shouted as he drew Longclaw.

BAN-KAI

Haha, man, I wish it could elevate itself to this level of stupidity.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
"D-Dario, what if I was wrong about the masters? What if I was wrong about everything?....I...I don't think I can this," Dany said, her once-proud features drawn down into a mask of utter defeat.

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

"BAKA! YOURS IS THE STALLION THAT WILL MOUNT THE HEAVENS! YOU DONT HAVE TO BELIEBE IN YOURSELF--Believe in me, who believes in you!"

"...you're right...ANIKI! YOURE RIGHT" m

GAT-TAI!

As Drogon fused with Viseryion to form Drogerion, she didn't know if her burning spirit was in him or his hot blood was in her.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Actually, it was cum. His hot cum was definitely in her.

~MEANWHILE, back in Dorne~

EHH, Darkstar-kun?! Should we be going to the Water Gardens when the world is at stake?

"Hm" Darkstar said, as coolly and aloofly as possible. Without even looking back at Tyene, he walked straight ahead to the Dornish baths.

"Don't worry about him," said Arianne, folding her arm underneath her gigantic breasts, like real women do, "he's just a cold, rude rear end in a top hat, and yet I'm strangely attracted to him"

"Me too, isn't he so sugoi?" said Tyene, her eyes mutating into horrifying throbbing hearts.

"Both of you, stop your chatter and get in!" Shouted Obara. "Let's get this hot springs episode over with"

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

visceril posted:

But I have a bigger problem. Blackfish, Edmure, and Brienne put Jaime back on his book path. Which means him raping/getting back together with Circe didn't need to happen.

Which means D&D have truly become the gurm

So true - I really liked the Jaime arc in the books and was sad he was so unlikeable in the show. And now with just one episode they seem to want to redeem him. Way too late I'd say. Book Jaime is quite sympathetic.

I wonder if having the Lannister army wiped out by wildfire sends him over the edge.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 14, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Cersei doing anything with wildfire, will probably remind him of the mad king, so yes

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
My prediction is Cersei blows up the sept, killing the Sparrow, killing Loras, and the returning Lannisters

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL Syrio Forel was in episode 8.

The actor confirmed on Twitter.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I finished reading The Game of Thrones volume 4.

these books are bullshit

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Wrong the bullshit is at the end of book 5

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

visceril posted:

Wrong the bullshit is at the end of book 5

I seriously have no idea how he managed to use up 1000 pages on so little happening

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

I finished reading The Game of Thrones volume 4.

these books are bullshit

It's OK, the next one is the best.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

visceril posted:

Wrong the bullshit is at the endthe entirety of book 5

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

I would really rather see a GoT anime than the rest of this show

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

visceril posted:

I seriously don't think you find an anime with as much incest, rape, cum, and magic teens as these books

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Honestly I'll just take a bullet point list of things that will happen at this point.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Max posted:

Honestly I'll just take a bullet point list of things that will happen at this point.

ok here it is

-

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Max posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liYOnTVrdVM

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

visceril posted:

My Khaleesi Can't Possibly Be This Cute

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

That's just mean.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's just mean.

5 is definetly better than 4, but that is not saying much

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Watch the last episode of the show. Then you'll think the last two books are fantastic.

I haven't read it since but I imagine even Dorne would seem good now after the show's Dorne.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think GRRM's prose is pretty mediocre but after the last few episodes his stuff looks way better in comparison.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hey guys these books I've been reading and obsessing over for 20 years are actually really bad.

And this show I watch every week and deconstruct in minute detail is even worse!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

visceril posted:

Hey guys these books I've been reading and obsessing over for 20 years are actually really bad.

And this show I watch every week and deconstruct in minute detail is even worse!

It's all we have damnit! Like a mother crying over the blanket of a lost child, but in this case the child is a book and TV show about rape, incest, violence, and magic.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Elias_Maluco posted:

5 is definetly better than 4, but that is not saying much

5 is worse than 4. My girlfriend stopped reading about 7 chapters before the end of 5 because she was so bored.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Max posted:

I think GRRM's prose is pretty mediocre but after the last few episodes his stuff looks way better in comparison.

Yeah, I don't get how people can still whine about books 4 and 5 after seeing seasons 5 and 6.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

visceril posted:

I've only been reading and obsessing over these things for like a month, rear end in a top hat

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

visceril posted:

It reminds me of Lost. Lost was great for 3, arguably 4 seasons. I could tell you all sorts of poo poo about it and how great it was. Then it ruined everything for everyone forever and I was forced to watch every proceeding episode and note every minute detail.

edit: I think I got memory problems. This might be the fifth time I've said "It reminds me of Lost." Oh gently caress, what day is it?

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 14, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Cavelcade posted:

5 is worse than 4. My girlfriend stopped reading about 7 chapters before the end of 5 because she was so bored.

Well yeah, so did we all, seeing as GRUM stopped writing about 7 chapters before the end of 5.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Junkenstein posted:

Well yeah, so did we all, seeing as GRUM stopped writing about 7 chapters before the end of 5.

:golfclap:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, Thrones through Swords was really good, GoT season one was really good, and the rest of the series and show has been increasingly disappointing.

But you like westeros and all that stuff. The rage wouldn't be as strong otherwise.

Pretending you never liked it is almost as pretentious as acting like you don't know who Goku is

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

visceril posted:

Yeah, Thrones through Swords was really good, GoT season one was really good, and the rest of the series and show has been increasingly disappointing.

But you like westeros and all that stuff. The rage wouldn't be as strong otherwise.

Pretending you never liked it is almost as pretentious as acting like you don't know who Goku is

My opinion is the same as everyone's opinion in this thread. Psst. Hey, Visceril. I secretly never stopped liking it, I just think the last book could've used a LOT more time in the oven. Don't tell anyone, my goon-cred will be ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

visceril posted:

I like Westeros and Game of Thrones but don't really know who Goku is other than someone who Lowtax makes people create on Minecraft streams.