Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ntan1 posted:

has any p5 true ending been found yet? I'm looking through and 2ch hasn't said anything.

There was a video on 4chan showing the animated segment. The party gets in a van and drive towards the beach. P5MC sticks his head out the sunroof and looks at the sky happily while someone narrarates

The animated cutscenes have all been datamined from the PS3 version so a lot of plot points were revealed within hours of the game coming out. Atlus has been taking down anything on popular services though.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I'm mainly looking for the unlock conditions ;)

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Set your PS4's internal clock to Winter 2014.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ntan1 posted:

I would guess a part of it has to do with --G-o-ro- doing the bad thing. You probably have to prevent it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

In SMTIV, it's pretty clear she's reading Rose of Versailles and if you don't like RoV :frogout:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Baal posted:

PCB is very good though and provided Valerie Arem doesn't loving botch this like she has every non Arena based spinoff and half of ZTD then it'll be fine. I would honestly expect a few VAs and there's some I could list for certain chars right now, but that list is most likely going to end up 80% incorrect because most ADR Directord and Dub Producers do not seem to think the way I do which is for the best most likely.

Well Troy Baker is too big for anime games now so obviously Ryuji will be Matt Mercer, the new Troy Baker

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You know what's odd about Persona 5 spoilers? I haven't been cautious about them at all and only got spoiled on one thing (the big thing I bet nearly everyone will get spoiled about in the next 5 months one way or another) and it was honestly pretty obvious. I figured I'd have accidentally ran into an entire plot summary at this point so I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'll end up being able to play it without knowing everything about it afterall.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's been like 5 days since p5's official release. You still got 5 months to go to avoid any more spoilers.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

ntan1 posted:

Right now all I've seen on the wikis is you have to answer a series of questions correctly - like in Persona 4. But this is also listed as the branching between Normal and Bad endings, so I don't know if there even is a difference between Normal and True ending.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Infinity Gaia posted:

You know what's odd about Persona 5 spoilers? I haven't been cautious about them at all and only got spoiled on one thing (the big thing I bet nearly everyone will get spoiled about in the next 5 months one way or another) and it was honestly pretty obvious. I figured I'd have accidentally ran into an entire plot summary at this point so I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'll end up being able to play it without knowing everything about it afterall.

same. the only thing i've been spoiled on is Goro being the traitor, but we've been guessing that for the last 3 months so its not that big of a deal

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Has anyone been able to get their Apocalypse pre-order codes to work? I've tried mine in both eshop and in game and it is not accepting the code.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Luna Was Here posted:

same. the only thing i've been spoiled on is Goro being the traitor, but we've been guessing that for the last 3 months so its not that big of a deal

I was honestly surprised about that because Atlus's bizarre demi-promotion of the character called way more attention to him than it would have to just show us the drat combat model and persona at the same time as the rest of the team. I figured it had to be a feint, but it was just super clumsy marketing.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Can you import SMT4 data to Apocalypse after you're already into it? I picked it up during my lunch break and got to play around 20 minutes, but I don't really mind redoing it if I need to. Are the import rewards even notable in any way?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

theshim posted:

Can you import SMT4 data to Apocalypse after you're already into it? I picked it up during my lunch break and got to play around 20 minutes, but I don't really mind redoing it if I need to. Are the import rewards even notable in any way?

Any SMT4 save at all gets you:
A couple of Beads (heals one target for full HP) and Balms of Rising (revives one target wth full HP)
A Gold mask (sells for a lot of money)
A special accessory that gives you +15 MP/+3 everything else
A special background/title for your DDS street/spotpass card
You'll give 40-point AP cards to people you streetpass. And maybe spotpass, I don't recall how they adjusted this system. If it's just streetpass then lol because this is a SMT game on the 3DS in 2016.

If you've completed the game:
One 20-point AP card for each time you've completed the game - up to a maximum of four (Refresher: AP is what you use to purchase Apps in the game)
A special DDS street/spotpass card title for whichever endings you've seen

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'll throw in for (P5 spoiler stuff) Goro being the traitor being crazy obvious too. Between the marketing trying to keep him under wraps badly, and that we already know his job, he was the most obvious choice. I was secretly hoping it was Morgana or something trying to pull your strings and the get you out of the picture or whatever. And any non party member wouldn't quite have the proper sing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

(p5 spoiler that has to do with s. links/romance

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

:lol:
does that happen if you try to wife all of them at the same time

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
E^^ The text essentially says "you had another girlfriend?"

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/778328678862249984

E: ART NOT FINAL

E4: As expected there are now replies to that tweet that show the plot twist.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 20, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've seen 3 of the adult women romancable, not sure about the fortune lady.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In SMT IV:A is dexterity still the way to go for a physical attacker or is there a good reason to put points into strength this time around?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinity Gaia posted:

you can't get spoiled on anime because it's always the same thing over and over

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Srice posted:

In SMT IV:A is dexterity still the way to go for a physical attacker or is there a good reason to put points into strength this time around?

Apparently they balanced it so you kind of need both for optimal physical this time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Srice posted:

They fixed Strength. Now Strength governs the scaling of skills with the slashy looking icon, while Dexterity governs the scaling of skills with the shooty looking icon. Dexterity is better for the early game, but late game Strength skills are apparently incredibly powerful. Magic is, as usual, probably the overall ideal due to how Press Turn works.

But don't worry too terribly about builds, game showers you with incense and people have beaten the game with a pure balance build so everything is viable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Srice posted:

From what I'm hearing, the stats are significantly more balanced.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

you can't get spoiled on anime because it's always the same thing over and over

it really isn't, op

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Endorph posted:

Here's the complete version

From what I have been told you can romance every female s.link you get besides two of then.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

IceBorg posted:

From what I have been told you can romance every female s.link you get besides two of then.

Are the two just the Velvet Room attendants?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Some jerk has clearly gone and erased the Sea Guardian off my P4 Golden cart, because that goddamn fish just isn't appearing. I kinda hosed up by leaving that whole quest this late (end of January) as I thought I remembered catching it around that time on a previous playthrough, but I didn't think "easier to find on rainy days" actually meant "never shows up when it's not raining". I just want to finish the fox's social link :eng99:

Well, now that I've complained about it on the internet, I'm sure the Guardian shows up on my next attempt and I catch it immediately.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Are the two just the Velvet Room attendants?

Both count as a single social link, so it's then and the lady cop that questions you in the beginning of the game are the two female s.links you can't romance

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

IceBorg posted:

Both count as a single social link, so it's then and the lady cop that questions you in the beginning of the game are the two female s.links you can't romance

Messed up I can't date the cop. All good thieves need to date a cop, it's like a thing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it just me or is the sound mixing kind of poor in SMTIV:A?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

IceBorg posted:

Here's the complete version

Is there some hidden romance link I'm missing, or does that specifically only show them all if you try to date all of them? Because I saw one guy have 2 women beat him up but his romance (Haru) wasn't there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a loving crime that the vocal version of Beneath the Mask isn't on the 20th Anniversary P5 disc, that's like one of my favorite tracks in the ost.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
With all this other gaming stuff coming out, I'm going to wait for $30 on SMTIV:A....so next month then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also what's the trigger for Life Will Change as the battle theme? I thought it was gonna be the regular battle theme, but it turned out to be the other, chiller song.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Tae posted:

Is there some hidden romance link I'm missing, or does that specifically only show them all if you try to date all of them? Because I saw one guy have 2 women beat him up but his romance (Haru) wasn't there.

From what I know you can choose to ignore to have a valentine date with any of the girls but in the next day all of then decide to go to you house to see what happened all at the same time and that happens, but if you decide to go with one girl that one won't appear to beat you up.

Basically if you decide to have more than one girlfriend you are screwed either way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Also what's the trigger for Life Will Change as the battle theme? I thought it was gonna be the regular battle theme, but it turned out to be the other, chiller song.

Life Will Change is not a battle theme afaik, it plays when you fall out your target and head to their palace to take them on in a boss fight, it's not the vocal version either, I think that plays at an end game dungeon.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The opening of SMTIVA is already way better than the slow opening of SMTIV - but I've always preferred the Tokyo setting to the medieval fantasy one.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Dehry posted:

E4: As expected there are now replies to that tweet that show the plot twist.

Welp, that'll teach me to go to twitter before reading SA I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Baal posted:

Life Will Change is not a battle theme afaik, it plays when you fall out your target and head to their palace to take them on in a boss fight, it's not the vocal version either, I think that plays at an end game dungeon.

Yeah, I saw a few streams of early dungeons out of curiosity and it basically works like this: (spoilers ahead)

Once you reach the end of a palace, you find the treasure is insubstantial and cannot be taken. To steal the treasure, you need to exit the dungeon and leave your thief calling card in order to make the target aware of their crimes. You then get dropped into the dungeon the next day, with your heat meter maxed out, and there's no turning back until you steal the treasure and beat the dungeon boss. During this final run of the palace, the dungeon theme is replaced with the "Life Will Change" theme.