Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

dad spent the winter living in a 32 down in the desert this past year and even with spending most of his time out golfing or fuckin around or whatever retired people in their early 60s do, after coming home he immediately made plans to sell the fuckin thing and buy an actual manufactured home down there for the next 20 years

i think the big breakover point is having a popout. If you got that nice 12 foot wide living room when you're parked, you go crazy a lot slower. but that's 100-150k+ territory and they're maintenance nightmares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i thought the point of living in California or wherever with a tiny home was that you are only home to sleep

if it's between the hours of 10am and midnight youd be out on the trails or at the beach. otherwise, might as well live in Buffalo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Jonny 290 posted:

i think the big breakover point is having a popout. If you got that nice 12 foot wide living room when you're parked, you go crazy a lot slower. but that's 100-150k+ territory and they're maintenance nightmares

lol yeah, if my old man isn't working or sleeping he's working on his rv or trying to kill me by making me help him construct his 30' tall garage, we're putting the roof on this spring. thankfully my shoulder is completely hosed atm so i'm not actually involved in any of that bullshit until it gets better, he's an rear end in a top hat but not one who will get me injured further (on purpose)

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 18, 2024

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

KoRMaK posted:

is bobby fingers a member of rubber bandits??
i believe he is mr chrome

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

holy poo poo that rules

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

this is the worst idea ive seen this year (so far)

https://x.com/ZenOfDesign/status/1791249756695523766

despite the dadly looking motherfucker in the bottom left, i don't believe the person who rendered this is aware of the actual size of a human being in relation to the thing they've designed

either they have doll house furniture in there or that's a comically large shipping container

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 18, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

the worst part about dealing with electronics is when you let the magic smoke out of the chips. still have no clue how the wizards put it in there in the first place.

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

despite the dadly looking motherfucker in the bottom left, i don't believe the person who rendered this is aware of the actual size of a human being in relation to the thing they've designed

either they have doll house furniture in there or that's a comically large shipping container
Maybe it's not a container and the person tweeting it is confused?

Or maybe it's a 40ft container? It seems like there might be multiple sizes although I'm not sure how available those are

mystes fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 18, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

mystes posted:

Maybe it's not a container and the person tweeting it is confused?

Or maybe it's a 40ft container? It seems like there might be multiple sizes although I'm not sure how available those are

20' and 40' are the vast majority. I've seen them in some lengths other than that, but it's rare. The only advantage I could see with the tilt like that (having lived in shipping containers multiple times due to Uncle Sam having a hardon for making housing out of them) is that all your wiring and plumbing could be routed under the floor. Wiring and plumbing was always a bitch, you either have to build false walls, a false floor, or have them exposed and run in channels along the floor, walls, or ceiling.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

we should just make houses out of cob instead

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

God I hate that goober's face. The one in the video and in How I Met You Are Mother. I know he can't help it but I'm just loving disgusted by his face.

Anyway thanks for reading.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

spookykid posted:

20' and 40' are the vast majority. I've seen them in some lengths other than that, but it's rare. The only advantage I could see with the tilt like that (having lived in shipping containers multiple times due to Uncle Sam having a hardon for making housing out of them) is that all your wiring and plumbing could be routed under the floor.

Sealing the container from car fumes is probably the most ridiculous amount of effort, especially where the bed is placed. Unless the target location has very lax safety laws.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

God I hate that goober's face. The one in the video and in How I Met You Are Mother. I know he can't help it but I'm just loving disgusted by his face.

huh. usually it’s josh radnor that turns people off just to look at him when it comes to himym

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

rotor posted:

lulu battles the pink robots

:unsmith:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
FRIDAY NIGHT (saturday morning) MOTHERFUCKERS!

A client wants to mark each of the aluminum rail handles of his numerous Milwaukee "Packout" contractor boxes with the contents, so if they're all stacked up somewhere, he or his crew can know which one to pull at a glance. So I spent part of last night and this morning coming up with a way to first engrave something rather deep (relatively) in aluminum, and then fill it in with red without making a mess, and without taking an inordinate amount of time. Another requirement was for it to be relatively easy to freshen if the marking gets worn from use.

I think the results look rather nice. The fourth row was the one with the best depth, the most "grippy" texture inside the marking, and best balance of speed and quality:

Engraved to ~0.1mm, then hit the text with a heat gun for a few seconds, used a china marker/grease pencil to trace the letters, then wiped the excess off the surrounding area while it was still hot. Once it was cooled, I tested it by rubbing different materials across it, and it adhered nicely and didn't want to come off on my hands.

SANDERS!

e: these are what the "Packout System" boxes look like:

He has literally probably 20 of them in different sizes.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 18, 2024

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-Kv3OMvhc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

huh. usually it’s josh radnor that turns people off just to look at him when it comes to himym

He's more pitiful (a discount version of that talkshow host who is a discount version of Chris Kattan) than disgusting.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's your fault for watching How I Met Your Mother hth

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

No way that show rules because Doogie Howser FUCKS

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

He's always Mike from SLC punk to me, also embarrassingly.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn4WDvGj4RQ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Arson Daily posted:

No way that show rules because Doogie Howser FUCKS
Barney Stinson is a serial rapist

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

betty boof posted:

Barney Stinson is a serial rapist

The fictional character from How I Met Your Mother?

edit: lol I got really confused that maybe Neil Harris' real name was Barney Stinson.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Salt Fish posted:

The fictional character from How I Met Your Mother?
Yes, the fictional character from How I Met Your Mother who is a serial rapist

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nowadays sitcoms have to feature sex criminals because of woke.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

phew thank god it only volded instead of voided

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

https://x.com/mollymoonnn/status/1787566796708483518

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nurpleizer

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

crush your head!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

i'll say!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

hey, if we're doing Muppet chat, I think this needs more attention since it's the grooviest groovy track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5Mqr6tRlw

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
molly moon come to bluesky and repost all your vi— ohhh. right

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I though this was a video shitpost for fun but no it was an actual ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

Not doing that again, that burned /looks at crotch

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

spookykid posted:

20' and 40' are the vast majority. I've seen them in some lengths other than that, but it's rare. The only advantage I could see with the tilt like that (having lived in shipping containers multiple times due to Uncle Sam having a hardon for making housing out of them) is that all your wiring and plumbing could be routed under the floor. Wiring and plumbing was always a bitch, you either have to build false walls, a false floor, or have them exposed and run in channels along the floor, walls, or ceiling.

That sounds insane to me. The only container buildings in my area on the east coast are wildly more expensive than other apartments, and they are mostly in their own little upscale fancy areas for idiots to live in or lovely office spaces.

Coincidentally, one of my contract jobs involves designing portable equipment rooms that use shipping containers, so I'm very aware of how much and how little you can cram into them. Winterizing them takes up a good chunk of usable space!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I though this was a video shitpost for fun but no it was an actual ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

Not doing that again, that burned /looks at crotch

whoever was running quiznos ad account for those few years was pumping out some good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

pop quiznos rear end in a top hat!