Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of Windblade I like her and I've been considering getting TR Windblade. I don't dislike the proportions and enjoy the overall look, the headsculpt is particularly great. Any of you guys have it, does it have any other problems that aren't obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of Windblade I like her and I've been considering getting TR Windblade. I don't dislike the proportions and enjoy the overall look, the headsculpt is particularly great. Any of you guys have it, does it have any other problems that aren't obvious?

It doesn't have any stand out problems as I see. It's kinda basic feeling though when compared to the rest of the line. Like, I don't know that the transformation is actually more basic but it definitely feels so. Maybe because it just doesn't really have an "oh that's neat" moment in transformation like some of the recent ones have had.

Otherwise I like the sculpt fine. Some folks take issues with the proportions particularly on the arms but you can tell if that bothers you from pictures pretty easily.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WindbladeWaifu is an excellent TR figure.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

Or the bit where Hasbro legal has to scour the internet for MLP toys modified to be fuckable.

Hahahaha

DT, do you know this guy, and is he on suicide watch?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god, the thread's come back around to that again.

Having extra cash is killing me. I just want to buy all the robits.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I met a defense attorney who had to defend pedophiles in court. It was depressing.

I never realized that everybody in the courtroom probably has to look at the incriminating material to verify it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

Star Wars did it first. C-3PO and R2-D2 were the original gay robots.

Threepio I'll grant you, but Artoo? Gonna need to see some more evidence he's not just a volcel ace.

:colbert:

TheDK posted:

Yes keep rambling on about fandoms, please. This type of meta discussion is enjoyable.

In other news, I feel like the target nearby hasn't restocked anything in a month or so. They have the same bullshit Broadsides, TLK grimlocks and leader Skywarps. Same count and everything. The deluxes seem to be moving at least a little but they keep restocking with blurrs and scourges.

GIVE ME TWINTWIST.

ALSO toys are good let's all play with them.

My nearest Target has actually shrunk it's Transformers display, and thinks people want those Deluxe Slashes, Berserkers, and Voyager Grimlocks real bad.

I did see a Dragonstorm and Nitro Zeus in the wild there, though.

No Cogman, the only other figure I care about from that line.

Blackheart posted:

There's a small mold error in mine's forehead, which is enough to mess up the paint a little. Nothing major. Same transformation as Highbrow, basically.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Iron Factory is making a Jazz, the DJD and a Nova Prime retool but I'm talking about loving fandoms.

what the gently caress

man that's a weird tarn in the background

wait that's not tarn, that's a combiner

gently caress you iron factory

gently caress you

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 28, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh Jesus Christ no. My poor wallet.

Edit: god, look at them.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 28, 2017

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Yeah, wish I could figure out how to post photos from my cellphone but that Iron Factory DJD set is amazing!

Somebody post the pictures of Slipstream and Warpath!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Here’s all the pics. Those DJD guys seriously look good, and will probably be a lot cheaper than the MMC ones. Like, MMC Tarn is $120/£110, and there are 2 dudes waaaaay bigger than him. How much do you think those will be?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Those are great looking toys, I wish the DJD were compelling characters in any way at all

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Wow Iron Factory killing it

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Tiny Tarn become big Tarn???????

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Those are great looking toys, I wish the DJD were compelling characters in any way at all

They can't all attain the depth of Warpath. Blam.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Alright, I'll say it, I don't get the love for Iron Factory. Robot modes look good, but the vehicle modes are all lumpy, panelly, gappy messes. Being legends-scale is no excuse, the DX9 and Hot Soldiers guys don't have those problems.

Like seriously, you guys like this?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
For a fun little articulate legends guy, yeah. They are just fun toys.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Knormal posted:

Alright, I'll say it, I don't get the love for Iron Factory. Robot modes look good, but the vehicle modes are all lumpy, panelly, gappy messes. Being legends-scale is no excuse, the DX9 and Hot Soldiers guys don't have those problems.

Like seriously, you guys like this?

I know you say being legends scale is no excuse but bringing up DX9 and Hot Soldiers is kind of weird. For DX9 there's still a bit of compromise it just happens on the bot side generally if it does. I mean Ratchet/Ironhide have big box chests and Bumblebee... well...

That's to get a better car mode. And Hot Soldiers is kind of in the same vein since they haven't really done car cars.

But to get back to your first point, yeah, I dig Iron Factory's stuff. The bot modes usually look great, the vehicle modes still look good to me and the price is nice.

If I wanted 3rd party with little in the way of compromise I'd get the more expensive full size figures.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Iron Factory is making a Jazz, the DJD and a Nova Prime retool but I'm talking about loving fandoms.

what the gently caress

man that's a weird tarn in the background

wait that's not tarn, that's a combiner

gently caress you iron factory

gently caress you

I had given up on Iron Factory because I need to trim down my collecting a little, but...

:swoon::vince::drat::syoon:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The DJD sucks outloud but it'll be hard to resist that Tarn and Vos. And they'll probably be sold in two packs so I'll probably already be at 3/5 and bleh.

Knormal posted:

Alright, I'll say it, I don't get the love for Iron Factory.
It's a stylistic preference. I like the blocky mid-G1 feel of the good ones. Feels very season 3 to me. But I'm a chug collector, I feel very little for MPs.

I do like their Sunstreaker. Could it be better? Absolutely, but I also like the fact Iron Factory stuff comes out.

Drift/Deadlock has the most embarrassing crap for an altmode, on that note. I can't even get them to transform into what garbage they're supposed to turn into.

Also apparently their Jetfire combines with their Ultimate Commander

You can't tell me that doesn't hype you a little.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don’t read the comics but the DJD are cool because they transform into weapons and torture devices.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
TRU.com has Trypticon back in stock if anyone is looking for him still. Find a coupon or something.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

You can buy Trypticon on Hasbrotoyshop.com for about $120 using coupon NEW17 for 20% discount off regular price. Lol. Forever.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Is there a good place to pick up the Iron Factory guys for the UK? Kapow are out of stock for most of them.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

the only actual compelling character was Kaon who'd basically developed a crush on an enemy combatant they had lobotomised into a torture doll for shits and giggles

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

Is there a good place to pick up the Iron Factory guys for the UK? Kapow are out of stock for most of them.

I get them from TFS Express, they’re decently priced.

Jetfire is going to be pretty big.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Man I really need to start selling poo poo

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even if you don't appreciate the character design, what Unique Toys is pulling off is pretty darn impressive. There's another company doing their own that doesn't look half bad either.

People are sayin the truck is inccurate but I couldn't tell :shrug:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently those Iron Factory DJD figures are going to be a Combiner team

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They are, that big Tarn in the background is the combined mode. Given their size differences they don't seem to be a traditional combiner too.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's probably about 60% partsforming unless the two big guys have hands sticking out of their asses we can't see. Bruticus comes with a bunch of combiner parts, they actually make a tank even! Pretty sure the combiner's shoulders are just Tesarus' shoulders and you stick hulk hands onto his arms. Vos and Kaon are both weapons on the right arm; in fact, it looks like you put Tarn's cannons on Kaon. He probably makes the torso.

Half the DJD has trash altmodes though so if they look good as robots and you can make a giant Tarn out of them then sure why not?

But it's worth pointing out Iron Factory did this last year, previewing releases in november when they had about one release left to begin production and two shipping. This year they have more than double in either of those situations, meaning the clock probably starts in February at the earliest. The DJD might not finish til mid-2019 so who knows how much the prototypes might change? My favorite thing about IF is that their release numbers have no bearing on release order.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it I'm already so poor.

Zeta picked up the TW Seeker mold. I loving love their Coneheads so I think I'll finally have a complete team to replace the aged Classics guys.

Anyone want to buy 7 Classics Seekers?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

I know you say being legends scale is no excuse but bringing up DX9 and Hot Soldiers is kind of weird. For DX9 there's still a bit of compromise it just happens on the bot side generally if it does. I mean Ratchet/Ironhide have big box chests and Bumblebee... well...

That's to get a better car mode. And Hot Soldiers is kind of in the same vein since they haven't really done car cars.

But to get back to your first point, yeah, I dig Iron Factory's stuff. The bot modes usually look great, the vehicle modes still look good to me and the price is nice.

If I wanted 3rd party with little in the way of compromise I'd get the more expensive full size figures.
That's Hot Soldiers' Bumblebee, and yeah it's pretty crap. But I like their Ironhide and Ratchet, they're supposed to have box chests, they're G1 figures. I mean ultimately it's all style preference anyway, the tipping point's just been that everyone loves these guys that turn into clumps of geometric shapes

But no one's paid any attention to these guys that turn into, you know, planes.

There's still legends-scale compromises, those ball joint elbows and under-cockpit cubes aren't great, but they just look so much better to me. Maybe I'm just too much of an old G1er now.

Spiderdrake posted:

It's a stylistic preference. I like the blocky mid-G1 feel of the good ones. Feels very season 3 to me. But I'm a chug collector, I feel very little for MPs.
That I agree with, and I hated the Cybertron modes of S3 over earth modes, so there you go.

But let's find common ground on a third party figure we can hopefully all make fun of, a giant non-transforming Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime. Did anyone like the Prime designs that much?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh, yes. That Prime design is one of the better Optimus designs in the official lines. If that thing transformed (maybe UT could pull it off) I'd own it in a heartbeat.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm pretty into the Prime designs. Some of the toys are really solid. One day I'll have a bad rear end Prime shelf.

Still on the lookout for a reasonably priced Breakdown (it'll never happen).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Prime designs are pretty good, the toys just don't live up to the animation models. There's a few goodies but Optimus needs some love.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What? First Edition voyager Op is a god drat masterpiece.

I feel like UT or that 3p that made that DOTM Mirage could design a beautiful Knock Out.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Non-transforming statues strike me as a less impressive decoration than just putting prints on my wall.

Unless they can do the duckman dance. The Drift statue looks so loving stupid to me, it's more expensive and can't transform against a 3P mold that has two retools. What.

Knormal posted:

But no one's paid any attention to these guys that turn into, you know, planes.
You remember you're in a comic thread, right? There's lots of buzz for DX9's stuff elsewhere, it's just that this forum is comic readers so there's more overlap on the venn diagram of "likes IDW designs" and "buys 3P legends figures"

I find DX9's designs look dumpy and soft. They look weak brother. Iron Factory designs look like they pump iron at the iron factory and have become hard and sharp robots with winning sharp robot physiques and then an alt mode that skipped the important day that makes them look cohesive.

But jokes aside it's just the style of adapting IDW/Dreamwave stuff. And then the Drift/Deadlock altmode. Which skipped "Doesn't suck" day. gently caress you Norimune.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Iron Factory makes quality products but I have no use for those F-22/F-35 alt modes on their Seekers. I went DX9 purely for the F-15s, and they're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nobody has any use for F-35s it seems.