Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Otteration posted:

Impeachment proceedings = deeper roots into all corruption. Toss a coin yet.

Impeachment proceedings should mean that. They could also mean that the Trump admin just ignores everything and runs out the clock while the SCOTUS maybe thinks about ruling on it one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dapper_Swindler posted:

holy gently caress. weirdly i am not surprised. even the host seemed uncormfortable. there are lines on FN and he probably crossed.

I'm not going to watch that disgusting clip, but for those who have, did the host even attempt at stopping that rear end in a top hat from repeatedly smearing the girl?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cr0y posted:

When did the Ukraine thing become public knowledge? Its really fascinating throwing some keywords in twitter and seeing the lead up and people who ended up calling it right, ie:

https://twitter.com/Cassizzi/status/1168137153836138496?s=19

it was a while ago. it just didn't really take off because no one was sure of anything.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Nothing happens unless Nancy is on board. And honestly, short of a coup where they replace her, any impeachment is 100% up to Nancy Pelosi. And so far she's been happy to be complicit.

IIRC, any House member can wander up to the podium at any time and offer up a referendum to consider a vote on an Impeachment Proceeding.

Whether it proceeds or not depends on politics, of which Pelosi currently plays a major part.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I'm not going to watch that disgusting clip, but for those who have, did the host even attempt at stopping that rear end in a top hat from repeatedly smearing the girl?

no but the other dude tore chuddy a new rear end in a top hat.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

teen witch posted:

Huge thing to note is that Greta is on the spectrum, so what he said was like a thousand times shittier, if that could be possible.

Also the whole, “grown rear end adults frothing at the mouth against a teen who hopes for a better world” thing. That too is loving abhorrent.

This happened with the Parkland kids too. Conservatives only have one setting when it comes to disagreement and that's full on attack, so you had stuff like grown men threatening to spank teenage boys.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it was a while ago. it just didn't really take off because no one was sure of anything.

yea it started as a general 'well this kinda happened around then maybe?' thing and then Rudy did his Rudy thing and showed up on the news going 'YEA WE TOLD THEM TO LOOK AT BIDEN'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea it started as a general 'well this kinda happened around then maybe?' thing and then Rudy did his Rudy thing and showed up on the news going 'YEA WE TOLD THEM TO LOOK AT BIDEN'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/politics/whistleblower-timeline-ukraine-team-trump/index.html

yep. cnn has an ok simple timeline.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also as wretched as the right wing going 'lol shut up you dumb kid' to the Greta types, I'm probably way angrier at poo poo like Chelsea Clinton being all 'yaaas so brave and smart' as if the people protesting aren't yelling at people like her.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

depend. i doubt he will get convicted. but i think depending on how much bad poo poo gets dug up and etc. i could see types like collins or romeney stabbing him in the back to either save themselves or look like they did something.

Conviction depends on the Senate, of course, and is ATM unlikely. What the House digs up and throws at the press in it's position as prosecutor is something different, and could potentially de-shell the turtle, for example.

"It's a mystery."

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 24, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

also as wretched as the right wing going 'lol shut up you dumb kid' to the Greta types, I'm probably way angrier at poo poo like Chelsea Clinton being all 'yaaas so brave and smart' as if the people protesting aren't yelling at people like her.

Chelsea Clinton is a worthless parasite.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

there was also the thing months before that where he started telling everyone IM GOING TO UKRAINE TO TRY TO GET THEM TO INFLUENCE THE 2020 ELECTION and then the media.. covered it.. and he denied saying anything and cancelled the trip lol

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Push El Burrito posted:

This happened with the Parkland kids too. Conservatives only have one setting when it comes to disagreement and that's full on attack, so you had stuff like grown men threatening to spank teenage boys.

They photoshopped them to make them look like girls first, which is a whole extra step of crazy.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
If you think this is about possible removal, you're wrong. It's about improved scope of investigations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

there was also the thing months before that where he started telling everyone IM GOING TO UKRAINE TO TRY TO GET THEM TO INFLUENCE THE 2020 ELECTION and then the media.. covered it.. and he denied saying anything and cancelled the trip lol

yeah in may i believe.

theflyingorc posted:

If you think this is about possible removal, you're wrong. It's about improved scope of investigations.

i agree. i still think some GOP senators will stab him in the back.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah really removal is not going to happen, McConnell will just prevent it from ever getting to the Senate (because he is also up to his neck in crimes and graft most likely). But ostensibly the scope of investigations will be increased.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

They photoshopped them to make them look like girls first, which is a whole extra step of crazy.

I thought they photoshopped David Hogg at first, and then got really into it and fantasized about sexually dominating their Danielle Hogg creations as revenge against David because conservatism makes you insane.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Shakes orb and pauses to look into the future. "All Things Are Possible."

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

sexpig by night posted:

Yeah, this poo poo bugs me a lot too. Her speech that's being passed around today essentially ended with we are going to hold you accountable and I guarantee some of the people clapping are the exact people that she was directing that at. It's super loving condescending.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

skylined! posted:

Uh giving and accepting anything of value to a foreign entity definitely violates campaign finance law and trump has been campaigning for more than four years.

I don't recall Trump promising his own money or his campaign money to Ukraine, though. I thought he was just doing a carrot-and-stick thing with foreign aid to pressure a country into doing what he wants, which is a thing that literally every modern president does, as well as a thing that Biden openly brags about having done to Ukraine.

The reason it's a scandal is because the executive exercising its powers in ways intended to directly impact domestic elections is one of those things that America traditionally pretends doesn't happen because it can very easily get into constitutional crisis territory. Getting caught violating that political taboo a bit too openly is a threat to the political order, especially when he's doing it just to target the standard kind of government establishment corruption.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

I thought he was just doing a carrot-and-stick thing with foreign aid to pressure a country into doing what he wants, which is a thing that literally every modern president does, as well as a thing that Biden openly brags about having done to Ukraine.

again, no idea why you're accepting official trump administration framing of a largely unknown issue, except that it lets you take easy shots about how Actually Everyone Does this

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't recall Trump promising his own money or his campaign money to Ukraine, though. I thought he was just doing a carrot-and-stick thing with foreign aid to pressure a country into doing what he wants, which is a thing that literally every modern president does, as well as a thing that Biden openly brags about having done to Ukraine.

The reason it's a scandal is because the executive exercising its powers in ways intended to directly impact domestic elections is one of those things that America traditionally pretends doesn't happen because it can very easily get into constitutional crisis territory. Getting caught violating that political taboo a bit too openly is a threat to the political order, especially when he's doing it just to target the standard kind of government establishment corruption.

eehh, i think its because its trump trying to pull the russia type stuff again, plus its an easier narrative than russia for the dems to spin and it happend this year.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
*Narrator voice* Meanwhile, five days in the past

https://twitter.com/tonyspam/status/1174410290240188416

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I thought they photoshopped David Hogg at first, and then got really into it and fantasized about sexually dominating their Danielle Hogg creations as revenge against David because conservatism makes you insane.

Dominated by Danielle, I thought.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't recall Trump promising his own money or his campaign money to Ukraine, though.

So it's better that it is promising taxpayer money?

Main Paineframe posted:

How about we just have fun with the revolution and put and end to all the bullshit right now, rather than excusing it via past violations?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So we still dont know what the "promise" was right

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Deuce posted:

Dominated by Danielle, I thought.

Either way it was definitely one of those "I already know more about this than I could ever have wanted" moments the instant I saw the twitter breakdown with a photo.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176339522113679360

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176339522113679360?s=19

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there's basically two lines of republican talking points on this:

(1) actually he didn't do anything at all and two totally unrelated events merely coincided

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1176332068160253952

(2) even if he did it, [blah blah unitary executive absolute authority commander in chief bullshit]

trump and co. have already made (1) totally untenable, so expect to see primarily (2) especially from gross right wing lawyer types who are hard just thinking about expanding executive authority

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember that video is the one that the chuds are making fun of.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

How the absolute gently caress is that a real tweet in Hellworld 2019?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Please do not post tweets from the slightly less dark timeline.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol

Lmao

The same day every single conservative fascist freaks out about the "mentally ill swedish child"

He tweets this

Rofl

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bread Set Jettison posted:

So we still dont know what the "promise" was right

Nope (willing to be corrected).

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol

Lmao

The same day every single conservative fascist freaks out about the "mentally ill swedish child"

He tweets this

Rofl

it's sarcasm, he's posting it because all his timeline is chuds laughing at her for caring (and this is a Scavino tweet, obviously)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Please do not post tweets from the slightly less dark timeline.

you realize he is trolling her, correct? he is trolling a 16yo with asperger syndrome. the president.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

eke out posted:

it's sarcasm, he's posting it because all his timeline is chuds laughing at her for caring (and this is a Scavino tweet, obviously)

Yeah it's this.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

abelwingnut posted:

you realize he is trolling her, correct? he is trolling a 16yo with asperger syndrome. the president.

I don't think he's smart enough to intentionally troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think he's smart enough to intentionally troll.

where in the gently caress have you been for the last four and some odd years?