Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

I've definitely heard it referred to as chili cheese. Either way it's still a liquid yellow plasticized cheese product with flecks of "peppers" in it.

Chili cheese should be just be just a meat chili with cheese topping on a hotdog. What I think you got was a block of velveeta mixed with a can of rotel green chilis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I went to an LA Mart for the first time the other day, and picked up a lot of interesting things. I remember the Samyang noodles being brought up previously in the thread, so...

I'm not sure if the one in the middle is the 'hot' or 'incredibly hot' variety, and I'm curious about how the 'hot chickencheese' tastes, and that thing on the right is pumpkin grits with red beans which sounded interesting if nothing else.

I didn't buy it, but I'm the freezer section, they had (I think) Filipino ice cream, and two of the flavors were cheese, and Ube Kase; purple yam and cheese. Has any brace souls tried one of those before? They were $9, otherwise I would have gone for it just out of curiosity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFwz-SvcBV4

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

My second favorite japanese commercial, just behind long long man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I went to an LA Mart for the first time the other day, and picked up a lot of interesting things. I remember the Samyang noodles being brought up previously in the thread, so...

I'm not sure if the one in the middle is the 'hot' or 'incredibly hot' variety, and I'm curious about how the 'hot chickencheese' tastes, and that thing on the right is pumpkin grits with red beans which sounded interesting if nothing else.

I didn't buy it, but I'm the freezer section, they had (I think) Filipino ice cream, and two of the flavors were cheese, and Ube Kase; purple yam and cheese. Has any brace souls tried one of those before? They were $9, otherwise I would have gone for it just out of curiosity.

That's just regular heat in the middle. The cheese one is alright, but the carbonara one is prob my favourite.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LadyPictureShow posted:

That says it's just regular buldalk flavor.

Hobakjuk is sweet and gross imo but that's me. It's congee, not grits.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Merda da pizza

Filho da puta

🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 hueauheauheuaheuhaeuaheuaheuhaeuaheua 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hirayuki posted:

I have two varieties of that brand of porridge: yours (pumpkin porridge with honey) and glutinous rice porridge with chestnut and red bean. I think somewhere I still have an abalone variety as well. The base for all of them is glutinous rice and rice flour, so they'll be like jook/congee/okayu.

I haven't tried any of them. :saddowns: No real reason! They look good. Maybe I don't want any of them to be gone. I do know they don't work well with my current diet.

Eat one next time you are wondering "what should I have for breakfast?" Congee is my favorite breakfast.

My local H mart stopped carrying instant congee (jook I guess since it was Thai) and that was my main breakfast for like 2 years :smith: only like 100 calories and super filling.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sshhhhhh, eat your cigarettes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

sshhhhhh, eat your cigarettes

“Mother, more cigarettes, please!”
“Okay dear, but save room for dessert!”

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This is one of the worst things I have ever seen

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Would eat that toasted mac 'n cheese sandwich without an iota of shame

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad I spotted this stowaway before I began enjoying my afternoon iced coffee:

have a sip

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You're supposed to clean out the buttholes before you cook them

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

What the Hell is 'Polish style lasagna'? Is it just a bizarre bastardization of lazy pierogi? Some kind of casserole made with frozen pierogis?

I can't tell if that's a layer of potatoes under the cheese and bacon.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Would eat that toasted mac 'n cheese sandwich without an iota of shame

What kind of cheese would you use?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Schubalts posted:

What kind of cheese would you use?

Whatever kind of cheese this is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bogus Adventure posted:

Whatever kind of cheese this is

I want that cheese. I want even more.

But I don't want it burnt first. That looks bad.

Lady Homunculus
May 22, 2017
I saw raclette at the store after seeing that gif and I want to try it soooooo bad.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

it's extremely good actually.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Slightly burnt cheese is super good, though?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Most people I know own a raclette machine like this. They are very popular around here

Perfect for inviting friends for a dinner. You just buy pre-sliced raclette cheese found in any supermarket. As you can see the whole point IS to burn the cheese

Still not as delicious as the proper method with the wheel you get in restaurants but much more convenient and clean.

Lady Homunculus
May 22, 2017
What's the difference between raclette, halloumi, and brun-usto?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lady Homunculus posted:

What's the difference between raclette, halloumi, and brun-usto?

Raclette is a kind of Swiss cheese that you melt under a heater. Halloumi doesn't melt and is super salted I think. Brun usto I don't know

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Brun usto doesn't exist.

Brunost is made from the whey rather than the curd of the milk. It's quite sweet and I don't particularly care for it, even if it's pretty nutritious.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
No i think it's this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
brun-uusto is an American name brand of juustoleipa cheese, originating from Finland. it's kind of similar to halloumi in that it doesn't melt so you can grill, bake, fry it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leip%C3%A4juusto

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No i think it's this

Wow owned

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

it's extremely good actually.

That is golden browned and looks good

There is a line where it becomes burnt and just tastes like burnt. The piece at the bottom on the left is very close to that line

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh man I wanna try all that cheese so bad, but I can’t justify it because both my wife and daughter are lactose intolerant or have some kind of dairy allergy :(

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No i think it's this

It's similar to toasted bread.

Dip it in your coffee, just like you would with toasted bread. :raise:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

It's similar to toasted bread.

Dip it in your coffee, just like you would with toasted bread. :raise:

as one does.

edit:

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Jul 4, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

brun-uusto is an American name brand of juustoleipa cheese, originating from Finland. it's kind of similar to halloumi in that it doesn't melt so you can grill, bake, fry it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leip%C3%A4juusto

So a pizza without the bread and tomato sauce.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

chitoryu12 posted:

So a pizza without the bread and tomato sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7273yDpdA

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

I'm glad I spotted this stowaway before I began enjoying my afternoon iced coffee:

have a sip

growing up, we had an infestation of pantry moths. their larvae would get into everything, and also fall off of the ceiling and just hang out in stuff.

I learned very quickly to check straws before using them.

I still do, despite living elsewhere :sigh:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Oh man I wanna try all that cheese so bad, but I can’t justify it because both my wife and daughter are lactose intolerant or have some kind of dairy allergy :(

If it's just lactose intolerance they can take supplemental lactase and they'll be fine.

If it's a dairy allergy, yeah, don't do that. Maybe find out!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
your wife and daughter never have to know! secret cheese stash!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You need a secret Tennessee weedcheese cave.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

snoo posted:

growing up, we had an infestation of pantry moths. their larvae would get into everything, and also fall off of the ceiling and just hang out in stuff.

I learned very quickly to check straws before using them.

I still do, despite living elsewhere :sigh:

http://www.saferbrand.com/articles/pantry-moths

quote:

WILL EATING PANTRY MOTHS OR THEIR EGGS OR LARVAE MAKE ME SICK?
Pantry moths, also known as Indian Meal Moths, are the most common moth to infest food in North American homes. Their wings are multi-colored – reddish brown on the tips and pale gray near the base. Larvae are about a ½-inch long and can be yellow, pink, green or brown. Eggs can take anywhere from 30 to 275 days to hatch, depending on environmental conditions.

Aside from the insects themselves, food infested by pantry moths may also have silk webbing present on the surface.

So will pantry moths or their larvae, eggs and webbing make you sick if you accidentally eat them? The experts say no. So, if you ingest them, don’t panic. Indian meal moths are not known to spread any known diseases, parasites or pathogens. Despite that reassurance, it’s still quite gross to think about.

Sounds like a good source of protein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

NO