Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo the kumquatsup chunk at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

While gathering materials for the Onision doc, I feel this is less "yeah this guy's crazyness is worth a laugh" and more "he's a legit sociopath". I don't think I can go through with this :smith:

There's probably some insane conspiracy theory I can submit.

EDIT: I'm gonna listen to that time travel episode later. Does it cover John Titor in some way?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 1, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
There are some oblique mentions of John Titor, but it isn't a Titor doc.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Djeser posted:

Let's travel back in time. To a time when this thread was about a podcast.

A podcast with an episode about time travelers.

Speaking of far right extremism :staredog:

Kumquat absolutely killed it at the end though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I forgot how awful it is getting a taxi at 4am on NYE so I ended up walking home 50 minutes through the countryside despite it being 3C. Fortunately on the train back from the city Downcast had auto-downloaded the newest episode and I was laughing so much at goose stepping and Einstein I barely noticed the cold.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm Snake Plissken, and I have to agree with Einstein.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hitler wasn't trying to exterminate Jews he was trying to exterminate greed.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's the timeline in which Hitler won World War II. Jared is a rising star in German politics, and Jensen is his secret mistress.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

Equeen posted:

Yaaay, a new episode before the year ends! And Isfahan appears finally!

I'm once again able to be home when the recording sessions normally are, so hopefully I'll be able to get into more episodes!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

watho posted:

The phrase "cultural Marxism" was coined by the actual nazis and popularized by Anders Breivik's manifesto. It's about as far right as you can get. Part of me wanted to throw together a doc of the absolutely insane conspiracy theorists around like reddit and such but it ended up being way more depressing than funny.

Careful, before you know it you'll realize you're just making a gamergate doc. And they don't take kindly to people poking mild fun at them. :(

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Friendly reminder that this happened and apparently never got off the ground: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2uqzyh/the_f_plus_podcast/

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Djeser posted:

Friendly reminder that this happened and apparently never got off the ground: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2uqzyh/the_f_plus_podcast/

I do like this comment, though.

quote:

The F plus has said they won't do any more MRA episodes.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Djeser posted:

Speaking of KiA and I feel it's relevant since I know goons are tied to GDQ:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3zd1nw/gamers_are_nothing_but_rapey_mealy_mouthed_online/

According to the comments cancer prevention is stupid and you should feel bad for supporting it. #Gamergate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tracula posted:

Speaking of KiA and I feel it's relevant since I know goons are tied to GDQ:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3zd1nw/gamers_are_nothing_but_rapey_mealy_mouthed_online/

According to the comments cancer prevention is stupid and you should feel bad for supporting it. #Gamergate.

Hey man they're just being consistent for once.

#alldiseasesmatter

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If we must discredit all cancer research to destroy this speedrunner fad, it's still a fair price to pay.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I want to compile a list of words which, when used unironically, are a signifier to disregard that person's opinion. The list starts with 'cuck' and 'normie'.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Djeser posted:

Oh man I would love to read that document. Sadly GG/KiA as a whole never actually can agree on working on anything that requires a modicum of effort, so it'll never happen.

I hope FPlus does find a way to do an "angry gamer" episode without angering GG, as there is some seriously hilarious stuff they say... But it's not worth the target it would paint on them from 8chan and other assorted anons. Especially if Portaxx and, well, any other female ridiculists are involved.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 4, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

GG stuff is low hanging fruit, they can focus on something like bugchasers.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Also tends to be more angry, longwinded, and non-fun.

A general stupid video game poo poo would be good though, if you found a source to mine like the Escapist forums.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Djeser posted:

Also tends to be more angry, longwinded, and non-fun.

A general stupid video game poo poo would be good though, if you found a source to mine like the Escapist forums.

There are some amazing gems like this, but yeah, on the whole they're just rather disheartening. It's inevitable they'll run into some GG stuff if they do any sort of "angry gamer", MRA, or right-wing reddit forum episode at this point, though. And then before you know it Milo Yiannopoulos will be writing an article about the FPlus.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 4, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There are some amazing gems like this, but yeah, on the whole they're just rather disheartening. It's inevitable they'll run into some GG stuff if they do any sort of "angry gamer", MRA, or right-wing reddit forum episode at this point, though. And then before you know it Milo Yiannopoulos will be writing an article about the FPlus.

I think that's spun off into one of those weird joke copypastas, like the Navy Seals one.

Might've been unironic before, who knows.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I think that's spun off into one of those weird joke copypastas, like the Navy Seals one.

Might've been unironic before, who knows.

Everywhere I've seen cites that KiA comment as the original source for it.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I feel like GG is best as an itinerant spectre that haunts other episodes, like The Ripoff Report and the Case of the Misandrist Gamestop.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

dijon du jour posted:

I feel like GG is best as an itinerant spectre that haunts other episodes, like The Ripoff Report and the Case of the Misandrist Gamestop.

Somehow I missed The Case of the Misandrist Gamestop, and that makes me sad, because it sounds amazing. What episode is this?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FoxTerrier posted:

Somehow I missed The Case of the Misandrist Gamestop, and that makes me sad, because it sounds amazing. What episode is this?

Episode 153: What a Rip Off. It was the last thing they read in the episode.

The dude they were reading goes on and on about how the Gamestop he's applying to is "disproportionately female" and won't hire him even though he obviously knows more about video games than those females they're only not hiring him because he's a man. :qq:

The guy did all this investigation into that Gamestop's hiring history and compared it to the hiring history of other Gamestops in the area, all to uncover some kind of perceived conspiracy against men being perpetrated by this one Gamestop.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 4, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dijon du jour posted:

Yea GG works best as the constant undertone of misogyny, persecution complexes, and general lovely humans that goes through basically every internet community ever these days. You can't shine a light on that fully or you ruin the funny. It's best as a dude huffing about how CLEARLY Gamestop is only hiring women because of misandry and not as a reminder that that dude probably thinks victims of bigotry and abuse are lying whores.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Djeser posted:

GameFAQs.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I feel that GG nonsense would work better in a Lou Reads formula where he just goes over all their bullshit without any real additional commentary.

Djeser posted:

I want to compile a list of words which, when used unironically, are a signifier to disregard that person's opinion. The list starts with 'cuck' and 'normie'.

Cuck used to be a rather amusing word till loving everyone ran it into the ground. Literally anyone you don't like is a cuck now regardless of if it makes any sense. Usually when people call someone an SJW they follow it up with also labeling then a cuck too, even if they're clearly getting all the puss these GGers and MRAs desperately desire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Cuck has an interesting and amusing life in the political circles, as an insult adopted by the Conservatives to insult weaklings in their own ranks. Nevertheless, I don't think a political doc would be appreciated at all.

It's annoying as hell everywhere else.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cuck seems more like a dumb funny word catchphrase than something used in context or with meaning.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ohh, just the stuff from the Best Game Ever competition forum reacting to Undertale leading/winning would make an entire episode by itself.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Djeser posted:

"Sheeple"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

echopapa posted:

"Sheeple"

Could really simplify it down to people who end more than one thought in a paragraph with an ellipse.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theironjef posted:

Could really simplify it down to people who end more than one thought in a paragraph with an ellipse.
Or people who call an ellipsis an ellipse. :downsrim:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Or people who call an ellipsis an ellipse. :downsrim:

You're saying you don't think ending multiple sentences with ovals is weird? It's pretty weird.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I recently picked up a PS4 and was doing some basic reading on well-reviewed games from the past two years and whatnot and holy poo poo I didn't realize the stupid #GG thing was that drat ubiquitous across all sites and boards and whatnot. I think it took three clicks to go from a reputable review site to something worse than stormfront.

I assumed it was an insanely-vocal super-minority but I guess it's an hyper-insanely-vocal sorta-minority?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

kalensc posted:

I assumed it was an insanely-vocal super-minority but I guess it's an hyper-insanely-vocal sorta-minority?

Pretty much. It's the same trash people who have been harassing women in gaming like Anita Sarkeesian for years, but the Zoepost, Adam Baldwin coining "#gamergate", and 4chan kicking them out gave them something to rally around. And then from there they picked up a lot of followers from the dregs of reddit - the kind of people who use the terms "SJW" and "cultural marxism" with no irony - and Milo at Brietbart decided they were his new cause to champion (since they cheer him on for writing easy clickbait articles about the people they hate). It's one big poo poo Katamari, basically.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 4, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Pretty much. It's the same trash people who have been harassing women in gaming like Anita Sarkeesian for years, but the Zoepost, Adam Baldwin coining "#gamergate", and 4chan kicking them out gave them something to rally around. And then from there they picked up a lot of followers from the dregs of reddit - the kind of people who use the terms "SJW" and "cultural marxism" with no irony - and Milo at Brietbart decided they were his new cause to champion (since cheer him on for writing easy clickbait articles about the people they hate). It's one big poo poo Katamari, basically.

Happy to not know anything about those people or places aside from Sarkeesian. Life in the bubble is goooood.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Pretty much. It's the same trash people who have been harassing women in gaming like Anita Sarkeesian for years, but the Zoepost, Adam Baldwin coining "#gamergate", and 4chan kicking them out gave them something to rally around. And then from there they picked up a lot of followers from the dregs of reddit - the kind of people who use the terms "SJW" and "cultural marxism" with no irony - and Milo at Brietbart decided they were his new cause to champion (since cheer him on for writing easy clickbait articles about the people they hate). It's one big poo poo Katamari, basically.

Even 4chan kicked gamergaters out? That's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Andrast posted:

Even 4chan kicked gamergaters out? That's hilarious.

Yep. GGers think it's because Moot's girlfriend knows Zoe or something. In actuality, it was because where GG goes, doxxing follows. It was actually the final straw that made Moot step down down, too.