Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not plamo news, but Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster is getting a re-release and a repaint in the form of GX-34R:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Those MS Girl toys don't look very good. They should've used actual female characters from the shows, instead of just generic anime girls.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Apropos of nothing but urgh I love the RG GP-01Fb, but due to it's lack of articulation in it's ankles and it's chunky thighs, it can't have both feet flat on the ground. :negative:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TaurusOxford posted:

Not plamo news, but Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster is getting a re-release and a repaint in the form of GX-34R:

aflong aflongkong

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

BlitzBlast posted:

RD Unicorn stuff

Geez Louise. I think I'll be fine without the MS Girl stuff because that's quite a bit of money for just the javelin and the thing on the back. Thanks for the info!

TaurusOxford posted:

SoC Gunbuster is incredible and the centerpiece of my collection. Are there any pictures of the new colour?

Also hell yeah Tamashii effect lightning boltssss

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EthanSteele posted:

SoC Gunbuster is incredible and the centerpiece of my collection. Are there any pictures of the new colour?

Nothing yet. The most "info" available is speculation that it might be monochromed to match the final episode of the OVA.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

I really wish Kotobukiya would knock out a kit of the Gunbuster. I want one, just not as SoC's size and price.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TaurusOxford posted:

Nothing yet. The most "info" available is speculation that it might be monochromed to match the final episode of the OVA.

i'm pretty sure that's what it's going to be given the promo image

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish Kotobukiya would knock out a kit of the Gunbuster. I want one, just not as SoC's size and price.

They did though: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10124857 :v:

Seriously though, you might as well just buy the SRC if you want a decently priced Gunbuster, unless you're dead set on being able to build it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What are some people's favorite GM models? I've realized how much I love the different kinds, I just picked up a powered GM and back in like 2003 I nabbed a Ground type from 08th MS (Love it although I think the hands or one arm was really loose). Just seeing what GM preferences other people had.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kingtheninja posted:

What are some people's favorite GM models? I've realized how much I love the different kinds, I just picked up a powered GM and back in like 2003 I nabbed a Ground type from 08th MS (Love it although I think the hands or one arm was really loose). Just seeing what GM preferences other people had.

I like the Cold District and the Cardigan.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Seconding the Cold District. It's cheap, yet it's articulation is great, and just looks drat cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thirding the Cold District, it has the best head of all GMs.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

TaurusOxford posted:

They did though: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10124857 :v:

Seriously though, you might as well just buy the SRC if you want a decently priced Gunbuster, unless you're dead set on being able to build it.

seconding. The SRC is really good and not hard to display. I got it free from someone who accidentally got two, and it's one of the most poseable figures I've got.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice
Fourthing the Cold District (love that grey)

GM Quel is cool too if you like Titans colors

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grayscale Gunbuster is better than no option/paying $400+ I suppose.

GM Talk: Powered GM (Cardigan or otherwise) is my favourite. I bought a Cold Districts but mostly to damage and be held by its head by a Hygogg. Most GM-equivalents are pretty great though.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
I like the Thunderbolt GM for it's excellent posability. In terms of looks though, I like The GM Kai and Cold District plus their variants. Powered Cardigans, Commands, Sniper IIs and all that.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The only problem with the GM Cold Districts is that he can't hold his gun well out of the box, so you'll either need to do a little work to make him hold his drat gun or pose it so that thing isn't flopping around.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

closeted republican posted:

The only problem with the GM Cold Districts is that he can't hold his gun well out of the box, so you'll either need to do a little work to make him hold his drat gun or pose it so that thing isn't flopping around.

Yeah, I ended up having to saw the stock off mine and rotate the torso slightly with the gun arm as far back as possible, and even then the wrist holding on to the Sten gun magazine is nearly popping out of the joint.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Same issue with the ground type gm, I loved the sub machine gun it has but unless you nestle it in the arm it's only shooting someone's feet.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
This was posted in the Japan.jpg thread, haven't seen it in here yet. A behind the scenes, How It's Made look at Gunpla.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVHI7nKMqlE 

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

TaurusOxford posted:

This is false. It says right there on the image that it won't be in grayscale.

I largely assume this is going to be super minor (in the vain of most Mazinger repaints, where they either use a shinier color or a duller one).

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Roots Radical posted:

This was posted in the Japan.jpg thread, haven't seen it in here yet. A behind the scenes, How It's Made look at Gunpla.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVHI7nKMqlE%A0

I love their uniform jackets :v:

(I wonder if they have a Zeonic / Zimmad team across the factory/office)

e: Also Zaku forklifts.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 22, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Roots Radical posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVHI7nKMqlE 

I love the little augmented-reality signs following the runners and molds listing what they actually are :allears:.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Does anybody make multi-armed stands/bases, or something that would work to display the components of Tryon 3 fanning out from behind the suit itself?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

Does anybody make multi-armed stands/bases, or something that would work to display the components of Tryon 3 fanning out from behind the suit itself?

What's wrong with just locking some Action Base 2's together? That's what they're designed to do.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

dogsicle posted:

Get a Tamashii Trident Base.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's wrong with just locking some Action Base 2's together? That's what they're designed to do.

I'll give it a look, it just seemed like spacing might be an issue.

BlitzBlast posted:

Get a Tamashii Trident Base.

This looks perfect and like what I imagined though, thanks!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheCoach posted:

Done building the Duel, will have to line it eventually.
I didn't think I'd like AS for the duel so much but after I build it dammit it looks cool, I didn't even have the infamous "front crotch armor falling off" issue that I saw many reviewers mention so I give this kit 10 out of 10. It really was great fun to build and is great fun to pose.

Here's some proper photos too:

Dem thrusters:

The tip of that shoulder gun is not holding together too strongly for some reason, I did not mess up anything while cutting it out so I have no clue why it is so.

Frontal shot with all of the toys:

Duel and Noir side by side:

Look at all those nubs and despair:

And then look at all of the nubs on the back:

Also My linework is terrible, good thing relining is not hard.

Always liked the looks of those two suits. Even though strike noir was way cooler in Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II than the OVA. Totally underused animation possibilities. Take some pictures with the cockpits open!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
New pictures of Model Comprehend's 1/144 Penelope Gundam, which now has an approximate release date of late May/early June:

and unsurprisingly, a third party is making the add-on parts for HGBF Wing Zero Honoo:

Edit: In SRC-related news, SRC Genesic GaoGaiGar Hell and Heaven version:

Tamashii Web-exclusive... :(

Edit: New pic of SOC Gunbuster:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 22, 2015

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TaurusOxford posted:

Edit: New pic of SOC Gunbuster:

Hmmmmm, I dunno about that.

Blitzblast is there anything I need to know about the RD Banshees like the Unicorn?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
First images of the HG R35 Dom and Lightning Zeta are up on GundamGuy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

Blitzblast is there anything I need to know about the RD Banshees like the Unicorn?

The regular Banshee Destroy is based off Unicorn Destroy Full Action, so it's not compatible with the FA parts. Its v-fin jewel is also unpainted and the psychoframe isn't very impressively painted. I'd skip it unless you really want an Armed Armor BS.

The Banshee Norns are based off the FA Unicorns, so you probably want those. They have properly painted v-fins and, oddly enough, the Unicorn mode comes with a more OVA-accurate Armed Armor VN.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah I just saw a review with a comparison of the claws and it's a pretty big difference. I'm not that fussed about compatibility for the Banshee, but you're right the Destroy isn't super hot. I'll probably grab one anyway because I'm awful.

Speaking of being awful!! Holy poo poo the third replacement needle for my airbrush came today and guess what - the rubber protector had come off this one in the packet too and it was just jammed into the plastic blister so it's bent to hell. I did the squeezy coin thing and it at least doesn't feel ultra bent to the touch now. I tested it all out and in the end it only got clogged a little bit and I think I can deal with it by just getting good at controlling my pressure and not rely on the thing you twiddle to set max trigger pull so I can go high enough to get the little bit of paint out.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

First images of the HG R35 Dom and Lightning Zeta are up on GundamGuy.

I never knew I needed a Goufified Dom until now.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm alone in that I really, really, really don't like the Dom R35. Don't know if it's just the photos with the color scheme, it looks like it's just one of the really really old single color molded kits. Maybe when better photos of completed models happen, it'll resonate more, but given the colors of a normal Dom it's just... just not doing it for me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You're not alone in not liking it. I think it's a pretty terrible design, it just looks like a blue Dom with random spikes thrown on it for no real reason.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i hate the hyper zeta but i want to lightning zeta to be more like the hyper zeta

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Before I go down this rabbit hole, does anybody know what are good resources for finding resin conversions? I'm looking for Gundam Artemie kits, but it seems they've been out of production for a couple of years.

I found one.

If you've never shopped on taobao before, unless you live in China you'll need a reseller. I recommend yoybuy.

EDIT:

Also somebody made a conversion kit for the Unicorn that fixes most of my issues with it and saves me like hours of modding time. So that's cool.

Don't really get what's going on with the crotch, though. And the extra detail kind of misses the point of the Unicorn IMO.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like the Dom R35. It's like the Zaku F2000, it wouldn't take much customizing to turn it into a stand-in for a Gorkanaut.

The Lightning Zeta is terrible.