Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If you're in a gay bar it's already assumed that you're a fan of the man, that's the literal entire point of a gay bar. Doesn't mean you don't look like poo poo though.

Turns out most folks are judgemental of potential hookups, whoulda thunk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baronjutter posted:

Aren't you supposed to leave the top button unbuttoned unless you are wearing a tie???

a white shirt with the top button buttoned with no tie is a definite sign the person is a nazi

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Jose posted:

a brown shirt with the top button buttoned with no tie is a definite sign the person is a nazi

FTFY

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mfcrocker posted:

If you're in a gay bar it's already assumed that you're a fan of the man, that's the literal entire point of a gay bar. Doesn't mean you don't look like poo poo though.

Turns out most folks are judgemental of potential hookups, whoulda thunk it

I'm not gay or anything but the real gays would be in the back of the bathroom at the center stall marked with "GH" and a hole right above the tp dispenser. I hear it's a bit rough so be careful.

So I've heard.

Not gay.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I like carving a nice line in cars that have any relation to MMAGA/hiliary for prison/impeach obama with my work boxcutter (it's your standard razor) and apparently on newer cars it costs a lot to fix because of the paint

I work at a walmart and love to comb the parking lot after it at night

I also know that literally nobody watches the parking lot cameras

I would like to note that vandalism both is and should be illegal, but if one were to violate said laws, this would be a pretty good reason

quote:

This is the goon who posted some many pages back about not being able to find a job in an art field after graduating. That has changed as of late thankfully, but I'm still a bit annoyed.

Connections connections connections. During a completely unrelated thing, my Dad met some rich dude on his job route who happened to be related to the area of what I studied for. I don't want to name names obviously, but he's responsible for creating some toy designs you'd recognize immediately if I told you. I got in contact with him via phone call and he was super willing to help someone like me start out in this industry and basically sent my portfolio to all his contacts in the industry. One of the contacts got back to him and requested an interview with me because they just so happened to need an artist who does exactly what I do on their team.

This all happened after a really lovely day I had where I started setting up interviews with temp agencies in order to actually not be useless and unemployed. I got so pumped up that I showed up for the interview in full business attire when the studio itself was full of people wearing sweatshirts and jeans with all these colorful toys and crap occupying every bit of empty space they had. The interview basically was just showing me around the office and talking about what I can do for them as a company. They actually LOOKED at my portfolio beforehand and told me their favorites and what they were interested in, it was pretty overwhelming. They offered an unpaid internship because they can't currently make space for me, which I snapped up immediately. It's a bit bad that I don't get pay for this, but they do understand that I want experience mostly and can at least provide funds for commuting. I still plan to do some temp office work to build up funds anyway and the guy who I initially got in contact with said he may offer some paid remote work for his company too.

So why am I somewhat annoyed? There are probably so many other artists out there who will never get the same chance I did. It's an industry that mostly fills from within or only hires friends of friends over useless online applications. When I mention my thoughts about this to people they just want me to be happy with what I got and that's how life works. I hope to one day be the person who can provide reference for people who need an industry jumpstart, but I encourage everyone who is looking for a job to never give up. If you're reading this while still in school I really really want to emphasize that you HAVE to work on networking. I'd say it's even more important than your resume, portfolio, everything. I do appreciate the advice goons gave too.

Shmorky can rot in that trailer home tho, just saying.

People still manage to fall backwards into jobs all the time. My sister-in-law just got a job as full-time great-ape keeper at a zoo because we happened to be visiting it right after somebody quit and we made her ask for an application form while we were getting lunch.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Vandal goon is massive bitch who wouldn't do poo poo if he met a republican face to face.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Don't worry about it artgoon, nobody has a bloody clue what they're doing, everyone's a chancer, sometimes you get lucky and know a guy who knows a guy. Sucks that's how the world works, but no sense getting caught up on it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

free basket of chips posted:

Vandal goon is massive bitch who wouldn't do poo poo if he met a republican face to face.

Most people aren't rearing for a fight. Even when they're barking for one.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh don't you worry art goon, there's plenty of opportunities for other artists to not get paid!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

purple death ray posted:

Oh don't you worry art goon, there's plenty of opportunities for other artists to not get paid!

lol seriously

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

purple death ray posted:

I missed this detail and yeah artists are I think the #1 profession most likely to not get paid for labor

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

free basket of chips posted:

Yeah, I'm sure he's terrified of some Paula Deen knockoff.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I like the autismal one because I think some of them have a dumb inflated sense that makes them think they're better when in reality they're often just as dumb as anyone else and hosed up with a brain disorder. The coincidental finals week, woah it must be the fluoride making people study, the idiot drone rain thing. Fuckin fluoride causes autism, hah.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

loquacius posted:

My sister-in-law just got a job as full-time great-ape keeper .

So she works from home? :classiclol:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I like the autismal one because I think some of them have a dumb inflated sense that makes them think they're better when in reality they're often just as dumb as anyone else and hosed up with a brain disorder. The coincidental finals week, woah it must be the fluoride making people study, the idiot drone rain thing. Fuckin fluoride causes autism, hah.

I like how it's a (fake) admission to planning a terrorist attack that includes a location and enough other information for law enforcement to investigate.

Also I'm pretty sure fluoride comes in a salt form, not a liquid. Though I suppose the author could intend it to mean 300 gallons of dissolved salts.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I bet that guy just bought a shitload of listerine.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
autism rain

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's the title of the nerdcore Prince tribute album

Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!

Autist rain
A sperglord with a sad and broken brain
Autist rain
A master plan he simply must explain
Autist rain
Seeding clouds with fluoride from a plane
Autist rain
No "big boobs" or "weiner fests" again

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Manwall! posted:

Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain

Oh god I can hear it in that dude's voice

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Manwall! posted:

Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain

lmao

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Manwall! posted:

Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain

I'm Lovin' It™

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Manwall! posted:

Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain

:five:

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

I would like to note that vandalism both is and should be illegal, but if one were to violate said laws, this would be a pretty good reason

Um, no, it really isn't. The only good reason to vandalize someone's car is if they're a New England Patriots or Tom Brady fan. They're total scum.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Police Automaton posted:

Oh god I can hear it in that dude's voice

Same, god drat

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahahaha. Never close this thread.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Manwall! posted:

Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain
Autist rain

nthing that this rules

Anton Chigurh posted:

Um, no, it really isn't. The only good reason to vandalize someone's car is if they're a New England Patriots or Tom Brady fan. They're total scum.

:salt:

quote:

This confession is being sent at great personal risk. But one person reading this thread and commenting in it saved my life some time ago, so I owe them this.

We are going to "make contact" with alien life in 2017. The official story will be that NASA received a signal, sent something back, then received a response. That's going to be it for a while, then we'll have our first visitor to Earth. That much I know, I can't predict what will happen next because humanity's always a wildcard in situations like this.

I know this because I've been the liaison between the alien life and the leaders on Earth. Just dumb luck, they abducted me as a kid and effectively tagged me. These aliens are harmless, if anything they have the opportunity to solve every single problem on Earth. But the fear from our leaders is that we'll gently caress it up. And we probably will. And who knows what'll happen then.

quote:

Beauty and the Beast, the old cartoon movie, was the most terrifying movie in my childhood. Every idea presented in it - a monster lives in a castle in the woods, his furniture is alive, oh yeah that furniture is CURSED people and the monster is loving cursed too --- all of it terrified me then and still creeps me out now. I used to have nightmares about accidentally angering someone who then turns me into a chair. My freshman year of college, I accidentally cut someone off in traffic and had a moment of sheer terror thinking they were going to transform me into a dish cabinet. That was when I started getting help, but it was a hard road to where I am now.

But I finally got over it with therapy and now I'm fine as long as I avoid that movie. Except now the new live action movie is coming out and it looks even more terrifying. And my girlfriend has already mentioned wanting to go see it. I realize it's not unusual to be scared of a movie as a kid, but it might be a bit weird to admit I was in my mid 20s until I got over the fear.

Pinocchio actually has the strongest body-horror elements in it out of any Disney movie

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
My word am I bored of alien feshes

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
ENOUGH ALIEN BULLSHIT

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I want to believe

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Why are fiction writers so enamored with the idea of government organizations kidnapping children to do all their alien fighting/diplomacy? If I made contact with an alien I would find someone older who actually might have a clue about what they're doing, not think "gotta go snatch a random kid, he'll surely know what to do from his extensive Video Game experience".

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why are fiction writers so enamored with the idea of government organizations kidnapping children to do all their alien fighting/diplomacy? If I made contact with an alien I would find someone older who actually might have a clue about what they're doing, not think "gotta go snatch a random kid, he'll surely know what to do from his extensive Video Game experience".

Same reason for Harry Potter and all YA fiction being about bland, random dummies because it COULD BE YOOOOU, THE REEEEADER. You might not be the boring, bland dummy forced to drink oil at school. You just need a Robbie Coltrain or a Harrison Ford to save you from your life of mediocrity.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

purple death ray posted:

Hey art goon, if you aren't getting paid you don't have a job. Professionals don't work for free.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
the aliens have been here for a while and the shadow gov is just prepping to slowly lift the veil but they are most decidedly not harmless even though that's exactly how they'll sell it for obvious reasons

prepare ur buttes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I go to Wal-mart once a week and jerk off into a carton of eggs. I like to imagine some milf buys them, finds my spunk, and has some fun imagining the guy that left that much of a load. Probably not but it's what motivates me to keep doing this

yeah I'm sorry to tell you this but there is absolutely no scenario in which a person finds a stranger's jizz all over their food products and is happy about it

quote:

I'm part of a successful podcast, and I hate it. It's turned a hobby in to work, and although the pay is good thanks to Patreon and some big donors, it's not good enough to turn my favorite hobby into boredom.

The problem is, my partners would keep this gravy train rolling forever if they could. So I don't know what to do.

I am considering purposely tanking the show, but you'd be shocked how little quality it takes for fans to eat that poo poo up. We used to spend a whole afternoon writing some dialogue and improvising bits around it. But now? We basically gently caress around for 1-2 hours and fans just eat it up. So I dunno, I'd poo poo my pants on the air but I bet the fans would like that too.

I don't think telling your partners "I'm not really enjoying the podcast anymore" and figuring something else out would really be that difficult duder

Like, maybe they switch up the formula somehow or maybe you leave the show and they all stay, that's just off the top of my head

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
*opens eggs*

hmm... impressive

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I hope podcast goon destroys the show and has to get an actual job and yearns for the days when he could make good money recording himself talking about nerd poo poo (I know all podcasts aren't nerd poo poo but this is a goon we're talking about) and posting it online.

Milk it for all you can confessor, you might not enjoy it as a job but there are a ton of people who would kill to get paid for doing nothing of actual value like you do.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Egg guy is tryin to create some hybrid chicken person.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He's just a big kids in the hall fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Hasn't that podcast one been posted before only it was a youtube channel instead?