Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Don't grab the wheel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Okay, fine, let's find out what the Dark Hole is.

quote:

You can’t grab the wheel. You don’t even know how to drive!

Besides, Bobaloo seems to be slowing down. Bringing the car to a halt.

You peer through the window into the dark. You’re in the woods somewhere. You can see that much. Miles and miles from any lights.

Even if you could scream, no one would hear you.

“Let’s go,” Bobaloo says, yanking open the back door. You step onto the soft ground. Strange animals rustle in the leaves.

Benny switches on a flashlight, lighting up a dirt path to a shack.

“Hurry up,” Bobaloo urges, giving you a nudge.

You stumble along the path, with Bobaloo and Benny right behind. Bobaloo opens the shack door. Inside, you see nothing. Nothing except a dark hole in the ground.

Bobaloo pulls the sock out of your mouth. Then he removes the duct tape so you can use your hands.

“Climb down,” Benny orders you, shining his light at the hole.

quote:

Now you can see that the hole isn’t just a bottomless dirt pit. It’s like a deep well. Made of cement. With a metal ladder running down one side.

Bobaloo motions for you to climb down.

“Go on,” Benny says, and he leans toward you.

“Okay!” you cry. “Don’t push me. I’ll go!” You quickly climb down the ladder into the hole.

At the bottom, you find a cement floor – and a door. Benny and Bobaloo follow you down the ladder. Then Bobaloo unlocks the door and opens it.

“Get in,” Bobaloo tells you, motioning for you to enter the dark room.

“Please don’t lock me in,” you beg. “Please.”

Bobaloo shoves you into the cold, dark room. He and Benny step in behind you. You tremble in terror.

Now what?

quote:

Then Bobaloo flips on a light.

You gaze around. And gasp.

The Dark Hole is nothing like what you expected. It’s not a dungeon. It’s a big conference room! With charts on the walls. And maps. And a huge fancy oak table.

“This is our headquarters,” Bobaloo says. “And we’re prepared to tell you everything. But only if you promise not to tell anyone. Ever.”

You nod silently. You’re too surprised to speak.

“Let’s show him,” Bobaloo says, smiling at Benny.

Benny bends down and removes one shoe. He holds up his foot. There’s a battery pack in the bottom!

“I am a toy,” Benny admits. “My batteries are low. That’s why I worried about riding my bike. Bobaloo is a toy too.”

“I knew it!” you cry. “And Amy too? And my dad?”

“No, no,” Benny goes on. “They’re humans. They know nothing about us – or our plans.”

“What plans?” you ask.

“We’re on a mission,” Benny replies. “The toys invented us so we could live in the town. Among humans. And change things.”

“Ch-change what?” you stammer, gulping.

quote:

Change things? What do the toys want to change?

“Everything,” Benny answers. “We’re going to change the laws so kids have more time off from school. And we’ll give kids video games instead of schoolbooks. And change school lunches too. More pizza. Less broccoli. Get it? But it takes a lot of adults to vote for stuff like that. That’s why we need mostly toys that look like grownups.”

As Benny talks, Bobaloo shows you pictures of the plan. Kids on new bikes grin happily. Kids wave from awesome rides installed in a school playground. Kids laugh as they cram cotton candy into their mouths in a cafeteria.

Cool. It’s a plot to make the world more fun for kids!

Benny puts his hand on your shoulder. “Bobaloo and I decided to tell you about the plan because we’ve got a very important job for you. You’re going to be in charge!”

In charge? Sounds great!

That is, until you find out what “in charge” really means.

All the toys run on – what else? – batteries. And guess who gets to keep all those batteries charged up?

That’s right. You. You just keep going... and going... and going...

THE END

Yep, this is another one of those elaborate dead-end paths with no good endings. I always hated these, so you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to some of the later books where there's only one good ending route...

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Shot with a freeze ray while our chatterbox friend tied up the phone line.
Ran home to get a camcorder and missed the entire tour.
Got caught by Bobaloo and thrown out of an airplane.
Failed a secret commercial audition and got booted from the factory.
Distracted Bobaloo while being kidnapped and steered the car we were in straight off a cliff.
:siren:Stuck on battery-charging duty for a secret army of toys.:siren:

Achievements
Better Sooner Than Annihi-later: Got rid of the Annihilator 3000 at the earliest possible opportunity.
Rock You Like a Hurricane: Let Mother Nature dispose of the Annihilator 3000 for us.
Planned Obsolescence: Watched the Annihilator 3000 get destroyed by an upgraded model.
Nice Shootin', Tex!: Destroyed the Annihilator 3000 by causing more collateral damage than it could manage in its wildest dreams.
Hard Light: Learned that the toys in the warehouse were just harmless holograms. Definitely just holograms. Don't question it.

Our options posted:

• Follow Benny's voice.
  • Believe Benny's story.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Follow the voice!

Rebonack7 posted:

I always hated these, so you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to some of the later books where there's only one good ending route...

:shepicide:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Believe Benny

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Believe him

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Believe him!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Believe Benny

🅱️elenny

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to trust Benny. You have to trust someone! This nightmare is too big to carry alone.

And, besides, you’re the one who invited Benny to the toy factory. Not the other way around.

Of course, it never occurs to you that Benny might be the person – or the toy – who sent you the letter about winning the tour in the first place!

Fine. Live in a dream world if you want to.

But don’t kid yourself. You have to wake up and face the real ending to this story one of these days!

Until then, enjoy your

HAPPY ENDING!

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Subtly training kids to be paranoid conspiracy theorists since 1997!

Now that we have no other options, let's finally get back to the warehouse and actually do something about this army of toys.

quote:

You’ve got to save your friend!

“Hang on! I’m coming!” you call, racing toward the sound of Benny’s voice.

You zoom to the end of the empty aisle, then turn the corner and skid to a stop. The floor is covered with tiny plastic people – each one no taller than two inches. They’re having a tea party. They gaze up at you with innocent eyes as you leap over them.

“Watch out!” one screams when your foot almost flattens it.

“Sorry,” you say. You dance around, trying to keep from stomping on them. Just as you take another awkward step, you feel something squish under your foot.

Oh, no, I’ve killed it! you think.

Then you feel yourself slipping.

“Ahhhhh!” you cry as you crash to the cement floor.

quote:

You fall, banging your head on a shelf on the way down.

“Ouch. You stepped on my foot,” a voice says in your ear.

Huh?

You gaze over and see the stuffed pig – the pig who talked to you when the toys first came to life. He’s lying flat on the floor beside you, but he doesn’t really seem hurt. He shakes himself off.

“Sorry I ran under your legs,” he whispers. “But I had to stop you. To warn you. Don’t go near the army. Nasty Kathy is there – and she’ll get you! She’s very, very mean.”

“But I’ve got to help my friend,” you explain.

Whoa! you think. This is too weird. You’re talking to a stuffed animal. And it’s talking back!

“There’s only one way to save him,” the pig whispers.

Just then Benny lets out a bloodcurdling scream.

You sit bolt upright.

“Don’t go to him! Let him yell!” the pig advises. “Or neither of you will get out of here alive.”

What will you do?

If you race to help Benny anyway, turn to PAGE 47.

If you take the pig's advice, turn to PAGE 74.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Distracted Bobaloo while being kidnapped and steered the car we were in straight off a cliff.
Stuck on battery-charging duty for a secret army of toys.
:siren:Kicked out of the book for being too trusting.:siren:

Achievements
Better Sooner Than Annihi-later: Got rid of the Annihilator 3000 at the earliest possible opportunity.
Rock You Like a Hurricane: Let Mother Nature dispose of the Annihilator 3000 for us.
Planned Obsolescence: Watched the Annihilator 3000 get destroyed by an upgraded model.
Nice Shootin', Tex!: Destroyed the Annihilator 3000 by causing more collateral damage than it could manage in its wildest dreams.
Hard Light: Learned that the toys in the warehouse were just harmless holograms. Definitely just holograms. Don't question it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ignore the pig and help Benny

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

trust a pig

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I learned nothing and will keep trusting strangers!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The pig seems legit.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

The stuffed pig is clearly too adorable to be lying.

quote:

“Okay,” you agree nervously. “Tell me how to save him. But please hurry! It sounds like they’re killing him!”

“You’ve got to find the key to turn us off,” the pig says. “To turn off all the toys.”

“Huh?” You stare at him, your mouth open.

Did the pig just say there’s a way to turn off all the toys?

“Wait a minute,” you reply. “Why are you trying to help me?”

“Because it’s a nightmare here,” the pig whispers. “Every night, the army starts fighting. The monsters stalk us. The cars and trucks roar up and down the aisles. It’s very scary.”

The pig sniffles and swipes at its eyes with its foot.

“And do you know what else?” it continues. “I don’t like Nasty Kathy. Once she called me a putrid porkface.”

You bite your lips, trying not to laugh.

“Laugh if you want,” the pig declares. “But Nasty Kathy is very dangerous. She’s got a secret plan.”

quote:

“What secret plan?” you ask, wide-eyed.

The pig glances around to make sure no one is listening.

“All I know is, they’re making human-sized dolls in there,” he whispers, nodding toward the factory. “They have some kind of a plan to change the world. But they won’t tell us baby toys what it is. I don’t trust them. So you’ve got to get the key and turn us off. It’s the only way.”

“All right.” You nod solemnly. “But where’s this key?”

The pig leans forward. You can feel his pink fur tickling your ear.

“She has it,” he whispers so quietly, you can hardly hear him. “It’s in Nasty Kathy’s play trunk.”

“Did someone call my name?” a nasty voice growls.

You whip your head around – and gasp.

It’s Nasty Kathy. She’s standing right behind you.

And she has a Laser Blaster in her hands!

quote:

You can’t take your eyes off the Laser Blaster. It looks so big. The red and blue lights on its barrel flash on and off. On and off. It’s just a toy, you tell yourself. A plastic toy.

But toys have a way of being dangerous around here.

What if that Laser Blaster is alive too? It could blow you to bits...

“Well, look who it is!” Nasty Kathy sneers. “Dorky Porky and his new friend – the pile of human guts.”

You swallow hard. The truth is, Nasty Kathy is terrifying. She’s only two feet tall – but she looks so evil, it makes her seem bigger somehow.

“Oooink!” the pig squeals, and trots off.

“I’ll see you later, fatso,” Nasty Kathy calls. “As for you, let’s go. On your feet, human!”

She jerks the Laser Blaster in the direction she wants you to walk.

Do you dare make a run for it?

If you dare to make a run for it, turn to PAGE 53.

If you think you'd better do what she says, turn to PAGE 87.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Kicked out of the book for being too trusting.

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Serpentine! Serpentine!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fly you fool!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do what he wants!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Do what she says

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Follow instructions.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Your knees shake as Nasty Kathy marches you through the dim warehouse.

She takes you through a gray steel door in the warehouse. Then down a pitch-black staircase. You’re frightened as you stumble down the steps in the dark. But you’re even more frightened of the Laser Blaster in Nasty Kathy’s hands.

At the bottom of the stairs, she pushes you through another door. From the glow on Nasty Kathy’s Laser Blaster, you can see you’re in a cement block basement room. It’s like a dungeon.

“Try to ruin our plans from in here!” Nasty Kathy cackles. She slams the door – and locks you in the dark!

quote:

You can’t see anything!

You touch the walls in the dark nervously. Your hand brushes a light switch. So you flip it on.

You squint in the light, glancing around the room. You’re in some kind of basement office. There’s a desk, a file cabinet, an empty shelf, and a phone.

A phone! you think. Yes!

You race over and lift the receiver to call the police.

Nothing. No dial tone.

The phone is dead.

In frustration, you slam the receiver down.

“How am I going to get out of here?” you moan.

A rustling noise on the shelf startles you. You glance up and see a dusty old toy clown in a red polka-dot suit.

“Hi,” he says with a shy smile. “Want to play?”

“No,” you answer desperately. “Stay away from me! I’m just trying to use the phone!”

“Oh.” The clown shrugs. “That phone doesn’t work. But you could use our phone if you want.”

quote:

You stare at the phone the clown is pointing to. It’s a blue plastic toy phone at the back of the shelf. A baby toy.

Hey, you think. All the toys are alive. So maybe – just maybe...

You lift the blue plastic receiver to your ear.

HUMMMMM. A dial tone! Yes!

Your heart beats a little faster as you push 911.

“What is your emergency?” a woman’s voice answers.

Yes! You’re going to make it out of here after all.

“It sounds crazy,” you say, swallowing hard, “but I’m trapped in the Hasley Toy Factory. The toys have come to life! They’re using the machinery to make human beings or something!”

You clear your throat, waiting for the policewoman to laugh or hang up. But she doesn’t.

“Okay,” she replies quickly. “Don’t worry. We’ll get someone over there on the double.”

“Thanks.” You hang up and start to thank the clown.

But the door behind you slams open. Before you can turn around, someone taps you on the leg.

“Don’t move,” a deep voice orders. “You’re under arrest!”

quote:

You turn around slowly. At first you don’t see anyone. Then you glance down – and gasp.

At your feet on the floor are two small police officers. They’re only a foot tall. But they look very tough.

Oh, no! you realize. You used a toy phone to call 911 – so they sent toy police!

The one who tapped you jerks his head toward a small police car. It’s about the size of a shoe box.

“Get in,” he orders. “You’re under arrest for breaking and entering.”

“Wait!” you cry. “You can’t arrest me. I called you!”

The two cops glance at each other and laugh. “The kid says we can’t make an arrest,” the first cop says, and sneers.

“Ha,” the second cop adds. “We’ll see about that!”

The officers radio for backup. Soon, six more arrive. A moment later all eight tiny cops are pushing and shoving – forcing you into the backseat of the little squad car.

They accuse you of breaking and entering.

Now they’re going to have to break you before you can enter that car!

Oh, well. Sometimes you just get a bad break.

THE END

It says a lot about the tone of these books that I can't tell whether this is supposed to be a comedic bad end where the toy policemen try and fail to squeeze us into a miniature police car, or a serious bad end where they messily crush us to death trying to fit us into the car.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Arrested by toy policemen and forced into a tiny toy police car.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Ignore the pig's advice and help Benny.
  • Run away from Nasty Kathy.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Again I say Fly you fool!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Better ignore the other pig too.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

ACAB. Let's help Benny.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You’ve got to help Benny! you decide. You can’t desert your friend.

So you jump to your feet and start to run.

But as you round the corner, you trip again!

This time you’re running so fast that you literally fly through the air. You’ve got plenty of time to look down and see where you’re about to land.

In fact, time seems to pass in slow motion as you notice the sea of little green plastic army men below you. The kind you used to play with when you were younger.

There are hundreds of them. Each holding a little green plastic rifle. Tipped with a little green metal bayonet.

Pointing straight up at you.

Uh-oh. Those things look sharp!

Looks like you’re stuck!

THE END

Well, that was quick. Since we're out of options again, time to skedaddle!

quote:

If you go with Nasty Kathy, you’ll never find the key to turn off the toys. And you’ll never get out of the factory alive!

You hesitate, pretending to think about it.

“Come on!” Nasty Kathy bellows. “We don’t have all night!” She drops the tip of her Laser Blaster just an inch.

It’s the chance you were waiting for.

“No!” you shout, giving her a shove. Then you take off running in the opposite direction.

You hear a whine from the Laser Blaster. A red beam sizzles past your head. But you don’t look back. You make it safely down to the end of the preschool toys aisle. Back to the big overhead sign listing all the toys in the warehouse.

“Yo! Human moron!” Nasty Kathy calls over her megaphone. “You’ll never get away!”

You’re sweating, and your breathing is heavy. But you can still hear her footsteps as she runs down the next aisle.

Then you hear her on the megaphone again.

“Attention all Zorgs. Report to Aisle Four. Dinnertime!”

Aisle Four?

That’s where you are!

quote:

Yikes! You’d better run before the Zorgs find you!

You quickly study the big map of the warehouse. Benny’s voice sounded as if it came from Aisle Three. The dolls are in Aisle Two.

Your mind races. You know you should run to the doll aisle. You have to find Nasty Kathy’s play trunk. That’s where the pig said you’d find the key to turn off all the toys.

But what about Benny? He sounded like he was in big trouble. And the truth is, you’re not sure you can hack this alone.

If you go straight to the doll aisle, turn to PAGE 42.

If you make a pit stop in Aisle Three, turn to PAGE 63.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Arrested by toy policemen and forced into a tiny toy police car.
:siren:Tripped onto some army men and impaled ourselves on hundreds of tiny bayonets.:siren:

Achievements

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

This book is really lethal. Go to the doll aisle

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just go get the key

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Pitstop!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Pit stop

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote takes it!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Play with dolls I guess

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

We can always come back and bail Benny out later once the toys are dead. Let's head straight for the doll aisle!

quote:

You decide to go straight for the doll aisle and search for the key. The sooner you turn off the toys, the better.

Let Benny scream, the pig said. Or neither of you will get out of here alive.

You run along the cement-block wall in back of the warehouse, then turn toward the dolls in Aisle Two.

“Attention all monsters and soldiers,” Nasty Kathy’s voice booms over her megaphone. “Attack human scum in Aisle Two!”

A chill runs up the back of your neck.

How does she keep finding you?

SQUISH. FLAP.

You hear your least favorite sound. The sound of the Zorgs’ feet as they suck and release the floor.

You’ve got to hurry!

quote:

Find Nasty Kathy’s trunk! is all you can think. If you can only find that key, you can save Benny and yourself.

You trot down the aisle, scanning the shelves. Dolls are everywhere! Sitting on the shelves, chatting to each other, drinking from baby bottles. Two fashion dolls are lounging on recliners.

“Chip is coming over in his new sports car,” you hear one say.

Finally you spot a navy blue and silver doll’s trunk. NASTY KATHY is painted on the front.

A silver key dangles in the lock.

“Awesome!” you shout, pumping your fist in the air. “I found it!”

You reach up to take the key.

That’s when you feel something that makes your blood run cold. Something small and strong... gripping your leg...

And starting to climb up your jeans!

Please don’t let it be a Zorg! you think.

quote:

“Get off me!” you cry, kicking your leg to shake the monster off.

But the thing is too strong. It won’t let go.

It moves incredibly fast. Before you can even get a glimpse of it, it climbs your leg – then grasps your T-shirt. It scuttles toward your face.

You want to run – but you’re frozen in panic.

“Listen to me,” it says in your ear.

Huh? You crane your neck to see what it is.

It’s a hand.

And nothing else!

A rubber bloody hand. Like you would buy at Halloween. It makes a fist on your shoulder and uses its thumb like a mouth.

“Listen to me,” the hand warns. “That’s the wrong key. Look inside her trunk for the right one.”

Huh? How did the hand even know what you were searching for?

The Zorgs appear at the far end of the aisle – running this time. SQUISH. FLAP-FLAP-FLAP! SQUISH!

Better think fast. Can you trust a rubber bloody hand? Maybe this is a trap.

If you trust the hand, turn to PAGE 109.

If you think it's a trap, turn to PAGE 80.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Tripped onto some army men and impaled ourselves on hundreds of tiny bayonets.

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ignore the hand

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Trap!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Trust the hand.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Always trust a severed hand

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Trust the hand

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
The hand knows best.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

An Addams Family member would never steer me wrong!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

The pig was friendly, so maybe this severed hand wants to get rid of Kathy too?

quote:

The Zorgs are closing in. SQUISH! FLAP!

Every nerve in your body screams: RUUUN!

But something tells you that the bloody hand is telling the truth.

“Find the real key,” it says with its thumb.

“When you find it, put it in the Incredible Talking Spelling Thinking Intelligent Machine.”

“The what?” you demand.

The creature lets go and falls off your shoulder. With its bloody fingers spread out, it looks like a giant red spider.

“Aaahhhhh!” it screams all the way down to the floor.

“Thanks for the hand,” you call. “Uh – I mean, thanks for the advice.”

Quickly, you unlock Nasty Kathy’s trunk and peer inside.

Dirty, torn doll clothes. An archery set. A miniature can of spray paint...

Then you spot a small computer diskette. It’s like the cartridges that came with your little brother’s Talking Speller.

You grab the disk and hold it under the light.

There’s a picture of a key on it.

BINGO!

quote:

You hold the disk tightly in your fist. Which aisle were the learning toys in? You close your eyes and try to picture the big overhead sign.

Uh-oh. Big mistake. You never should have closed your eyes.

By the time you open them again, you’re surrounded!

There are Zorgs on the floor at your feet. And beside you, they’re hanging from the shelves – reaching for you. Flexing their claws. Licking their lips.

“No!” you cry out.

Half a dozen of them leap onto you in a flurry of foul-smelling fur.

You swing your arms like windmills, flinging two monsters off your shirt. Then you start to run toward the glass wall.

But, marching in formation down the doll aisle, blocking your way, is a squad of big wooden soldiers.

How are you going to get out of this one?

quote:

This isn’t happening, this isn’t happening, this isn’t happening! you tell yourself, squeezing your eyes shut.

You open your eyes.

You’re still trapped between the hideous, slime drooling Zorgs at your back – and the giant army in front!

The soldiers march toward you, aiming their weapons.

Then they fire!

quote:

“Nooooo!” you cry as the soldiers fire their weapons. You squeeze your eyes shut.

SSSSSTTTTTTT!

An instant later, you feel something sticky falling on your face. Your hair. Your arms and legs.

Yuck! They’re squirting you with cans of Instant Spiderweb! The gooey threads cover you – trapping you in a tight net.

You struggle to move. To run.

But your arms are pinned to your sides by stringy spiderwebs. Your legs are trapped too.

“Help!” you cry, hoping Benny can hear you. “They’ve got me, Benny! They’ve got me!”

CLOMP-CLOMP-CLOMP. The soldiers’ boots stomp the floor as they march up to take you prisoner.

They hoist you onto their shoulders. Eight soldiers on each side. Then they carry you into the factory – where Nasty Kathy is waiting. She looks angrier than ever.

“Good work,” she tells the soldiers. “Now let’s show this kid how it feels to be treated like a toy!”

quote:

You squirm and wiggle, trying to free yourself. But the Instant Spiderweb is strong. You can’t break through it.

“You look like a big, fat bug,” Nasty Kathy sneers. “Too bad I already had my dinner.”

Then she points to the conveyor belt – the one where you saw the life-sized dolls being made.

“Put the human scum up there,” she orders the soldiers.

“Wait! No!” you cry. But everyone ignores you.

“Let’s put our guest through the hair-planting machine!” Nasty Kathy squeals. “The one that punched holes in my scalp to put hair in my head. Let’s see how a human likes that!”

“No!” you scream again. “Don’t do it!”

THWACK. KA-CHUNK! You hear the horrible machine start up. Nasty Kathy cackles and hurries away.

As the soldiers start to lift you onto the conveyor belt, your mind races. Isn’t there some way to escape these toys?

Maybe you could pretend to be a toy yourself. That police officer doll looked exactly like a person.

Or maybe you could try a bribe...

If you pretend to be a toy, turn to PAGE 9.

If you try to buy your way out of this hairy situation, turn to PAGE 134.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Disk Key:siren:

Bad Endings
Tripped onto some army men and impaled ourselves on hundreds of tiny bayonets.

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We're white, so a bribe should work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
bribe