Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Clan stuff sounds cool but we just finished a Totally-Not-a-Trial-of-Position and we've been power creepin' pretty hard with the level of forces involved. It's time to get back to our battletech roots and see poo poo mechs with worse pilots in Action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna confirm my vote for C. The more I think about it the more interesting it gets.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
A without doubt. Pirates in terrible mechs. Where's the ammoless SRM 7?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

Gonna confirm my vote for C. The more I think about it the more interesting it gets.

Mm, yes, quite interesting indeed. A deeply political and important battle that is sure to have far reaching consequences.

On the other hand, batshit crazy pirate mechs fighting to the death to be pirate king. The choice is clear. :yarr:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Voting A because I want a mech with a peg-leg.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

You have no idea how much I'm hoping that the pirate mission wins, and that Blackjack is a player mech.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
On the one hand, I think the pirates mission with lower tech and more silliness would be good after the last 2 or so missions with clantech or experimental IS stuff. On the other hand, I am itching to see Blood Spirit: The Next Generation.

Voting C.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I vote A because :yarr:

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
Voting A

because I can't shake the feeling that every pirate in the periphery looks like they jumped out of an episode of Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm pretty sure I'm in the next round and if it's A then those two years will have very definitely been worth it.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

D because Star Lord was a cool book.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Voyager I posted:

Clan stuff sounds cool but we just finished a Totally-Not-a-Trial-of-Position and we've been power creepin' pretty hard with the level of forces involved. It's time to get back to our battletech roots and see poo poo mechs with worse pilots in Action.

This. Time for A change.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

The Blood Spirits' new super soldier program looks interesting. What can the clan be cooking up?
I'm saying I'm voting C.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
A, because how can you not with that mechlist?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

Pirate `Mechs in Mission A may include some or all of the following:

A Dragon with an AC/20
A Blackjack with 20 machineguns
A Luchador Charger with a flamethrower in its face and Hardened Armor
A MWO BoomJager
An Awesome with 3 AC/10s
A Centurion with a wrecking ball
A Catapult with 10 SRM-4s
A Quickdraw with a Hatchet

and others!

I also seem to remember something about randomly generated piloting/gunnery skills. :allears:

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

It certainly is if you like causing property damage to poorly-constructed hovels!

A. It must be so!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Scintilla posted:

I also seem to remember something about randomly generated piloting/gunnery skills. :allears:

PoptartsNinja posted:

The frankenmechs are only half the fun! The pilot who winds up p2g7 after I randomly roll everyone's stats is the other half.

Looks like 1d6+1 = your pilot.

I wish there was some way to combine :yarr: and :allears:

If anyone needs more convincing, this is one of mechs for the mission that PTN showed us:

code:
Centurion "Ravager" CN9-Pirate

Mass: 50 tons
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-E-D
Cost: 3,539,500 C-Bills
Battle Value: 925

Power Plant: Unknown 200 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    4  SRM-6s
    2  Medium Lasers
    1  Wrecking Ball

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      83 points                5.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                200                       8.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 0 
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 3 RT
Gyro:               Standard                                               2.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 136                  8.50

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     16           18        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                           L/R Torso     12           13        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  6         
                                             L/R Arm     8            16        
                                             L/R Leg     12           16        

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(R) Medium Laser                             CT        3         1         1.00
Medium Laser                                 CT        3         1         1.00
4 SRM-6s                                     LT        16        8        12.00
Wrecking Ball                                RA        -         5         4.00
@SRM-6 (45)                                  LT        -         3         3.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 26

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 9
4          1       1       0       0      2     0   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: MEL, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, SRM 2/2/0
Yes, that's a Centurion with 4 SRM-6s, almost enough ammo to fire them twice, a hilarious shortage of heat sinks, and a melee weapon that can hit itself on a bad roll.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 3, 2014

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Voting for C.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
No matter how cool silly pirate 'mechs would be, I must vote C, because this sounds like it's going to devolve into a major clan on clan war.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
Pirate mech action is awfully tempting (there's something charming about how crap all of the mechs will (presumably) be), but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. It was really hard to choose because all of the options sound great.

What I'm saying is that I want to see some more Clan shenanigans. :v:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Current vote tally, by my count:

A - 33
B - 9
C - 18
D - 9

A is pretty firmly in the lead, but it's still early days.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Voyager I posted:

Looks like 1d6+1 = your pilot.

I wish there was some way to combine :yarr: and :allears:

If anyone needs more convincing, this is one of mechs for the mission that PTN showed us:

Yes, that's a Centurion with 4 SRM-6s, almost enough ammo to fire them twice, and a melee weapon that can hit itself on a bad roll.

It has 3 tons of ammo = 45 shots x 6 rockets = 270 rockets in total. At least if my memory isn't hosed up. So you can fire them 11.25 times.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm going to throw my vote in for D because Crescent Hawk's Inception is still the foundation of my love of Battletech, even though I want to see every option come true (as always).

Those custom 'mechs are going to be amazing to see when King of the Pirates wins anyway, though. :allears:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It has 3 tons of ammo = 45 shots x 6 rockets = 270 rockets in total. At least if my memory isn't hosed up. So you can fire them 11.25 times.

Yeah, I misread that as counting individual rockets rather than the number of available SRM salvos.

That thing is gonna make a real pretty explosion one way or another.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I will admit that the vote I cast earlier was also partially motivated by the fact that pirates would be batshit crazy enough to try suplexing 'Mechs.

I will not be denied my suplexing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Considering how many 'mechs will be in the pirate scenario, I'd be okay with being a pirate. I just want a 'mech scale parrot on my 'mech's shoulder. Also an eyepatch.

anakha posted:

I will admit that the vote I cast earlier was also partially motivated by the fact that pirates would be batshit crazy enough to try suplexing 'Mechs.

I will not be denied my suplexing.
If I get a 'mech with two hands and a piloting skill that isn't poo poo, I will absolutely attempt it.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I'd like to see Option C survive to the next round of votes, but the chance of piratical shenanigans slipping away forever is too much to bear.
We may not get to be Butte Pirates in-thread, but we can be Tortuga Pirates!
Option A.
:yarr: :pirate:

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Let's Aarrrr

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AJ_Impy posted:

C. New generation? What the hell are the Blood Spirits up to?

All warriors will have a second job. For example, a warrior who is a garbage man, or a warrior who is a race car driver, or a hockey player.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Voting A.

I'd much rather watch a fight with crazy mechs and tactics. It might not be plot important but it will be a hell of a lot more interesting to see than this last one.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Big spoilers for things only nerds will understand:

Elemental Phenotype + Mechwarrior Phenotype + Pilot Phenotype = ???

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Minmaxing shitlord?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

Star Captain Planet?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

A regular dude. You're buttering us up so that the clans will have invented perfectly average human beings.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Now I have to C this. Does this have something to do with the Society?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope it equals people who can break their own arms by flexing too hard.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Octatonic posted:

A regular dude. You're buttering us up so that the clans will have invented perfectly average human beings.

Twice as normal yet only half as average.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

Adam Steiner???

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

They've finally figured out how to breed Gary Stus even in PTN's version of Battletech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It's an army of Morgan Kells.

• Locked thread