Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i already got spoiled.

it’s ok i can’t say for certain whether or not i’ll continue watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
nobody can say anything for certain in this cold, uncaring world

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Casual Encountess posted:

im on ep 4 and im already sick of all the old timey music

look, they have those licensing rights on lock, they're gonna milk them for all they're worth (i do not know if this is true)

haveblue posted:

the impression I have so far is that lucy is actually playing fallout and the other characters are doing something else

I think at least purnell played the games, and yeah her story is the most character-like

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

rotor posted:

i was a fan of the ink spots before fallout was even a game

i'm surprised you would be a fan of a band that came along in the 1930s, but i guess some people can appreciate new music long after adolescence

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Goggins did not, but I don't think it would have mattered as much for his character. Moten feels like his character is out of Tactics, which is kinda funny considering it's been trimmed from lore (mostly, they kept chapter locations)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

I liked how when Lucy was introduced she kind of went over her SPECIAL stats (I’m guessing she has a high luck)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

I liked how when Lucy was introduced she kind of went over her SPECIAL stats (I’m guessing she has a high luck)

She has the highest luck of all the main players: https://kotaku.com/fallout-show-amazon-prime-character-special-stats-lucy-1851411135

Also it's been a long week but these two goofs in monster masks abusing each other have made me laugh a bunch: https://www.instagram.com/guanbue/ - sort of thing Fatha would have been in tears at I think, he liked the old 'Endurance' clips that got played on the Clive James show way back when.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Za_Gaman

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Seeing as how they're planning a new Gollum Movie with Andy Serkis

The Taming of Sméagol, 2010 - Donato Giancola

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my least favorite thing about the second and third lotr movies was hearing the gollum voice on a giant theater sound system. not signing up for three straight hours of that poo poo

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

qirex posted:

my least favorite thing about the second and third lotr movies was hearing the gollum voice on a giant theater sound system. not signing up for three straight hours of that poo poo

idk man i think lotr runs on the same rules as the contractors for contact

why make 1 when you can make more than one

the hobbit for example is a decent 1977 animated movie with a runtime of 78 minutes

the hobbit trilogy is toenail fungus

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Seeing as how they're planning a new Gollum Movie with Andy Serkis

The Taming of Sméagol, 2010 - Donato Giancola

if that's being queer, then we could do with a bit more queerness in these parts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haha so it looks like The Roundup trilogy is in fact an extension of The Outlaws lmao. episode 2 of The Outlaws is called The Outlaws: Roundup, and then the series takes on The Roundup title from there. so I got 3 movies to checkout and not just 2 haha

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gollum extended cinematic universe? hell yes!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
wait for it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqz48DFBRsc

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Casual Encountess posted:

im on ep 4 and im already sick of all the old timey music

i just wish they had used some music that wasn't repurposed from the games, anyone who's played them has heard that poo poo on repeat for hours

i will make an exception for any ink spots song cause they're legit good

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

correct. like i was hoping theyd pay enough to get somebody stupid like postmodern jukebox to do the “old timey cover of modern song” ala westworld

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://x.com/staidindoors/status/1789306524285734915?s=46

I disagree, she could definitely do both

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the mandolorian is played by three different actors already, should just let whomever wants it to wear the suit

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

wouldnt that make it the womandalorian?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
just make every time he takes his helmet off a stunt casting opportunity with laugh track

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/conner_omalley/status/1788600500008767714?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well-read undead posted:

i just wish they had used some music that wasn't repurposed from the games, anyone who's played them has heard that poo poo on repeat for hours

i will make an exception for any ink spots song cause they're legit good

agreed, though the radio station music being the minutemen radio from fo4 was funny for that specific reason

inkspots are good and have several ones not in the games if they want more variety

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
checking back in after dipping out of this thread to avoid fallout tv spoilers until i’d seen it. enjoyed it as did mrs. logins who had no real knowledge of the games. it’s likely to get even better. fun to see some reservation dogs actors show up, and jon daly was some good weird wasteland flavor

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jon Daly being about to dome himself with a shotgun before a potential customer shows up was great

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oh! also got to give it up for a perfect casting of michael rappaport. the only (bit) role he should ever get, if ever. was genuinely happy to see his reveal

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Kenny Logins posted:

oh! also got to give it up for a perfect casting of michael rappaport. the only (bit) role he should ever get, if ever. was genuinely happy to see his reveal

yeah he had big jock energy

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
just finished blindsight, first reread since 2009. apparently all I remembered from my first go was space vampires, space stars (like sea stars but in space), and multiple personalities. I ended up liking it a whole lot all over again, especially the very end, (literal last page spoiler warning) when the main character slowly learns that vampires take over earth when he’s awake for 1 / 10000 hours on his long ride home

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well that looks sumptuous, hoping it's coherent and compelling as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1QyAYa60g

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
hell yeah I’m up for that even if it is a complete mess

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1790328507182072133?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

any time linux isn't on screen all the other characters should be saying "where's linux?"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Clark Nova posted:

any time linux isn't on screen all the other characters should be saying "..."

because there's no audio, you see

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
forgot bio, it's in the replies now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Well that looks sumptuous, hoping it's coherent and compelling as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1QyAYa60g

something to really wash the taste of civil war out of our minds

also probably a better use of a parks and rec actor

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

infernal machines posted:

because there's no audio, you see
and if you fall asleep there's no way to wake up cleanly

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:sickos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4y_dhFRl0

More like the previous please.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

started on The Biography of X after hearing a few recommendations because it has a strange sci fi premise - set in a universe where the south secedes in 1945 and builds a border wall. I'm only two chapters in and it's very well written but I might have to come back to it later cause it's told from the pov of someone dealing with grief after losing a loved one to (as far as I can tell so far) a protracted illness, and I can't properly appreciate or enjoy that sort of thing right now

just before that I picked up Phoresis, a collection of Greg Egan novellas, cause his poo poo is usually light on characters and emotions and more about neat concepts. very good so far, but the first two stories were about loss/grief and terminal illness lol. so that's also on the shelf for a bit.

if anyone has a rec for some reads that aren't sad - or at least not focused on death/loss/wasting diseases/loneliness - let me know. breezy and fun would be nice but not a requirement. I’m gonna reread Hydrogen Sonata while I look for something nice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

indigi posted:

if anyone has a rec for some reads that aren't sad - or at least not focused on death/loss/wasting diseases/loneliness - let me know.

if youre accepting nonfiction I liked Salt by Kurlansky and One Good Turn by Rybczynski

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

natural history of salt and natural history of the screw, respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

indigi posted:

if anyone has a rec for some reads that aren't sad - or at least not focused on death/loss/wasting diseases/loneliness - let me know. breezy and fun would be nice but not a requirement. I’m gonna reread Hydrogen Sonata while I look for something nice
bridge of birds by barry hughart