Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I'm going to rant a little here. I'm a bougie tech bro making the deece six figgies and these assholes are still too loving cheap to make 128gb the base size of their ONE loving THOUSAND DOLLAR """PRO""" PHONE. I can accept yet another iterative upgrade and I would have bought it without thinking (because I am essentially a grown child with too much disposable income) if they didn't insult me with this buster rear end 2012 rear end bullshit. So now I have to accept keeping my X a third year like a loving poor person and it pisses me off. DO NOT ASK ME TO SOURCE MY QUOTES BECAUSE THE SOURCE IS THE DEPTHS OF MY ROTTING FETID CONSUMERIST HEART. gently caress.

Which brings me to my question, what are the rumors for the 2020 iphone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The 2020 iPhone will only come in light purple, and the entire rear will be covered with cameras

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 2020 phone will have everything you wanted in the 2019 phone.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Magic Underwear posted:

I'm going to rant a little here. I'm a bougie tech bro making the deece six figgies and these assholes are still too loving cheap to make 128gb the base size of their ONE loving THOUSAND DOLLAR """PRO""" PHONE. I can accept yet another iterative upgrade and I would have bought it without thinking (because I am essentially a grown child with too much disposable income) if they didn't insult me with this buster rear end 2012 rear end bullshit. So now I have to accept keeping my X a third year like a loving poor person and it pisses me off. DO NOT ASK ME TO SOURCE MY QUOTES BECAUSE THE SOURCE IS THE DEPTHS OF MY ROTTING FETID CONSUMERIST HEART. gently caress.

Which brings me to my question, what are the rumors for the 2020 iphone?

I’ve never used more than 30gb on my phone so I’m just gonna do the 64 and be happy with it. If your salary is high enough to be talked about in the iPhone thread then just buy the most expensive one or whatever, dude.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

The 2020 iPhone will only come in light purple, and the entire rear will be covered with cameras

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Magic Underwear posted:

I'm going to rant a little here. I'm a bougie tech bro making the deece six figgies

I am essentially a grown child with too much disposable income

So now I have to accept keeping my X a third year like a loving poor person and it pisses me off

Yikes my dude. There’s a bit to unpack here. Just pay the $100 or whatever to get 256gb if you truly have that much disposable income.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Just get the 256gb and never have to worry about storage ever, its kinda nice.
Upgraded my XS Max to 11 Pro, with a saddle brown apple leather case of course.
Every release I seem to alternate between the big and the small, now I am slightly tired of the bulk of the device so I decided to go with the regular Pro. Interested in the battery life improvements, I run my battery down fairly frequently.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

wait who doesn’t just get 256gb lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I got the 64gb 11 Pro. I have the XS now and have only used maybe 5gb of the 64gb on there.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I don’t like settling for the base storage just because I really never, ever want to think about it.

I have a bunch of garbage installed in my 128gb 7+ tucked away in a folder somewhere but it’s fine because I’ve never once gotten any kind of storage warning while owning the phone.

Also opted for the 128gb 11 for the same reason, also because I don’t really care about OLED or a telephoto camera.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Skeezy posted:

I got the 64gb 11 Pro. I have the XS now and have only used maybe 5gb of the 64gb on there.

I honestly have to ask why you got the pro then?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I have a 256GB iPhone X and don't think I've ever gone over 40GB used. I was gonna get a 64GB 11, but sprung for 128GB just in case.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

When he does take pictures, he wants them to be the best pictures possible.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Or he likes the OLED display, it's really nice.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

does non-OLED have a battery boost or do they compensate for that

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

does non-OLED have a battery boost or do they compensate for that

It gets an hour over the Xr if that’s what you mean.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i get the 512 because i alway fill the 256

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I'm part of the "64 GB to save money" crew :cool: I have way too many apps installed and I'm still only at 37GB :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m happy the 256 pro max comes with 6gb of ram now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

where’s my iPhone X 256gb 4eva here

Do we get custom gang av tags

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Does trade-in value tend to decay after release, or does it hold pretty steady? I'm considering trading in my 8 Plus, but I want to give myself time to waffle about it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I stream everything so I only have like half the storage of my 64GB X used v:shobon:v

I had a 256GB 7+ but I think I got it right before I switched from having a huge library of MP3s on my phone to using Spotify.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

illcendiary posted:

Does trade-in value tend to decay after release, or does it hold pretty steady? I'm considering trading in my 8 Plus, but I want to give myself time to waffle about it.

It usually stays relatively the same, but when it drops, it plummets. Go to any local repair shop and they'll practically pay you to take anything before the iPhone 6 off their hands.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Well, I just throw all my pics on cloud storage but really really, I liked the darker green phone more.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Well, I just throw all my pics on cloud storage but really really, I liked the darker green phone more.

This is a fair response.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No lie, I don’t need much space. I have unlimited data so I stream my music, I am not a big picture taker and I have 200GB of iCloud storage. My 64GB phone has 25GB available.

Where I hosed up was neglecting to factor in my wife with this purchase. She has an iPhone 8, and has 256GB because she probably has something like 12,000-15,000 pictures on her phone (she never , ever edits and removed stuff). It blows my mind. And now I kind of screwed myself, I was gonna do the “pass down my XS to her, buy new phone for me” but there’s no way on earth 64GB will work for her.

She isn’t clamoring for a new phone (her iPhone is 19 months old), so I’m debating on either just waiting a year to upgrade, or selling my phone, getting the 256, and next year doing the pass down thing. Given I always say I am debating upgrading, and then I upgrade , that’s likely what will happen.

You requested pet picture. Here you go, just in time for hockey season.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh I see, a theme presents itself

Shot on iPhone

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

So upgraded the wife and I from 8+'s to 11 Pro's.

I've got the following to look forward to, right ?

Smaller form factor for similar screen size
Better cameras all around
Face ID instead of Touch ID
Faster processing / wifi
OLED screen
Approx 20% greater battery life
Animojis (only the wife cares about this)

That it ? Seems like a pretty decent upgrade.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Beaucoup Haram posted:

Faster processing / wifi
OLED screen

eSIM, at least one additional LTE band, and 4x4 MIMO LTE off the top of my head.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Beaucoup Haram posted:

Faster processing / wifi
OLED screen

It's quite a different screen shape. Personally I find it feels far smaller because it lacks the width of the Plus models.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Beaucoup Haram posted:

Faster processing / wifi
OLED screen

- #slofies

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Most of my storage is used on pictures of this guy right here.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I have an iPhone 7 that keeps on bumbling along and I'm tempted to just hold on to it another year until the iPhone 12 disappoints me even more than the 11. There's a part of me that finally wants an OLED screen. Is getting an iPhone X or Xs a bad idea now? Is the X holding up?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Residency Evil posted:

I have an iPhone 7 that keeps on bumbling along and I'm tempted to just hold on to it another year until the iPhone 12 disappoints me even more than the 11. There's a part of me that finally wants an OLED screen. Is getting an iPhone X or Xs a bad idea now? Is the X holding up?

The power in all the phones has them lasting longer than like, the iPhone 5. That said, the X is only one year newer than the 7, so unless you find a really good deal I would just get the Pro and be done with it (not a big difference from the XS to the Pro). And then if you want the new one in a year, trade up (easy way) or sell the Pro on swappa if you don’t mind tasing 30 mins to get a better value.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Whenever it’s midnight and I’m tired or 5 am and I’m tired... I revert to my primal lizard brain “future proof more storage, rahhh!!!” Mode.

I got the biggest Max configuration not even realizing that my current XS has 200 of its 240 gb still free.

Oh well. :)

Also, to the people asking or wondering about date bump ups, yes, they are happening. My Monday delivery just was switched to Friday.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I went with the 64GB pro green from a silver 64GB 8.

Only using 38.2 on the 8, so no need to get anymore storage. I have the 1TB iCloud family storage plan and for all 4 iPhones we are using 350GB.

If I want really nice photos I bust out the D7500 like a non poor person. :smug:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Apple Music -- is there any toggle I'm missing somewhere to max the quality out, a la Spotify's "extreme" (if that's what it was called, I forget) mode? I love the iCloud library integration and the general ease of use, but quality leaves a little to be desired. The new Tool album sounds very clearly compressed compared to the CD (not a Tool/audiophile joke, just happened to be the first album I listened to via Apple Music.) Not like 96kbps WinAMP whips the llama's rear end soundbyte compressed, but just slightly enough to turn me off of paying for the service.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

enojy posted:

Apple Music -- is there any toggle I'm missing somewhere to max the quality out, a la Spotify's "extreme" (if that's what it was called, I forget) mode? I love the iCloud library integration and the general ease of use, but quality leaves a little to be desired. The new Tool album sounds very clearly compressed compared to the CD (not a Tool/audiophile joke, just happened to be the first album I listened to via Apple Music.) Not like 96kbps WinAMP whips the llama's rear end soundbyte compressed, but just slightly enough to turn me off of paying for the service.

Settings -> music -> mobile data -> streaming