Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Aeka 2.0 posted:

One of my wife's friends posts two thing on Facebook: pictures of her daughter, or poo poo from Life News or whatever. I've ignored it, but then she posted this one:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/there-is-nothing-brave-about-suicide/

It was a long time coming, but I had to unfriend.

quote:

Our lives are bigger than that, thank God. Your life is not some incidental occurrence, or an accidental mutation, or a meaningless cause in a long string of meaningless effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Aeka 2.0 posted:

One of my wife's friends posts two thing on Facebook: pictures of her daughter, or poo poo from Life News or whatever. I've ignored it, but then she posted this one:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/there-is-nothing-brave-about-suicide/

It was a long time coming, but I had to unfriend.

Matt Walsh posted:

I’ve never had terminal cancer. I can’t imagine the fear and torment, the misery, the panic, the dread.

But he chooses to write about it with apparent authority anyway. Matt Walsh is just trolling for clicks, and he's really good at it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mo_Steel posted:

I care. Now suffer for my amusement! :unsmigghh:

I'll take that over people who vote because they are too stupid and lazy to realize that all the poo poo they are afraid of is just propagated bullshit by radio show hosts to get them to vote against their own interests. :colbert:

I'd say something about people who vote out of pure spite and hatred, but even if the Republicans all turned into Jesus Christ tomorrow I would keep voting for anything but out of pure spite and hatred, at this point.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

You know, if no-one cares about this anymore, feel free to tell me so I can stop this self mutilation.
I'll be honest. I think I find those... things... as repugnant as you do. They do drive me absolutely nuts, despite my best attempts to laugh them off. I do appreciate the way you so briefly rephrase and refute them.

If you wanted to either save yourself the grief (I mean, I know I could never subject myself to Hannity or Rush, for example) then I'd say give yourself a break.
On the other hand, you do a valuable service that I appreciate and I'm sure others do, too.

Do whatever you need or want to do, Fulchrum. That poo poo's toxic.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
Fulchrum you're locked into this poo poo forever.

I found this on a walk earlier today and it seemed... prophetic?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fulchrum posted:

I wondered how they would say Obama is a friend of terrorists after he started bombing them. Full on delusional denial it is, then.

Also, the idea that ISIS are afraid of a bunch of incompetent chickenhawks eager to give them what they want.

I thought Obama was a stealth muslim? How does he not know Asalamulaykum? Maybe he's been under cover so long he just forgot.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Boywhiz88 posted:

Those loving cunts. I'm sorry but it upsets me when I see attacks on Rock the Vote. My uncle helped to found it and had an award in his name after he passed. He helped make the Motor Voter Act a real loving national law. What is so wrong with letting people vote? OH THAT'S RIGHT. They're the "wrong" kind of people. Ugh. Sorry, I can usually shrug off, and secretly look forward to, the LL101 post but that hit the wrong nerve.

Your uncle was Bill Clinton's boxers?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

RagnarokAngel posted:

I thought Obama was a stealth muslim? How does he not know Asalamulaykum? Maybe he's been under cover so long he just forgot.

They say that if you say Asalamulaykum three times while looking at a mirror in a dark bathroom Obama appears and kills you with Obamacare. :spooky:

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Mo_Steel posted:

They say that if you say Asalamulaykum three times while looking at a mirror in a dark bathroom Obama appears and kills you with Obamacare. :spooky:

The mirror is a death panel?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm just mad that they ripped off a joke from a good show for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CERA3HjPxGQ

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Was that meant to be a pun? Because I laughed at that.

I could see plenty of fuel for mirrors = death panels jokes.

-Every time they look into one all they see is a scary, heartless person judging them.
-Every time they look into one they're that much closer to death's door.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

You know, if no-one cares about this anymore, feel free to tell me so I can stop this self mutilation.

"Instead they redefine the definition of Palestine"

I laughed

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Also, got an oldie but goodie:

Juuuuuuuuuuuuust Wooooooooooooooorld

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

'No one else is responsible for anything you've done, every decision has been done by yourself with no outside help. I crawled out of my mom on my own, cut my own umbilical cord and did it all with no one's help whatsoever.'

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RareAcumen posted:

'No one else is responsible for anything you've done, every decision has been done by yourself with no outside help. I crawled out of my mom on my own, cut my own umbilical cord and did it all with no one's help whatsoever.'

When you start pointing out all the reasons why the Just World fallacy is wrong they just start moving the goal posts until they fuse.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Spotted this one in the wild today:

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

Early Cuyler's truck?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Why all the barber hate? Is this Samson's truck?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Why all the barber hate? Is this Samson's truck?

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08312005

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mo_Steel posted:

Except for Obama. Blame him all you want.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Except for Obama. Blame him all you want.

Obama is upsetting the system by not letting poors die in the street, thus making it okay for me to complain about him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

Early Cuyler's truck?

That's to small to be a Truck-Boat-Truck. But it would make a bitchin hat decal.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Is it just me, or is freedom works quoting Mark Twain highly ironic?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Found this little gem while browsing some old youtube videos and figured it might come in handy to someone here.

http://youtu.be/XRClrk74lgw?t=4m55s

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

frodnonnag posted:

Mark Twain posted:

We teach them to take their patriotism at second-hand; to shout with the largest crowd without examining into the right or wrong of the matter -- exactly as boys under monarchies are taught and have always been taught. We teach them to regard as traitors, and hold in aversion and contempt, such as do not shout with the crowd, and so here in our democracy we are cheering a thing which of all things is most foreign to it and out of place -- the delivery of our political conscience into somebody else's keeping. This is patriotism on the Russian plan.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice -- and always has been.
- Mark Twain's Notebook

[Patriotism] ...is a word which always commemorates a robbery. There isn't a foot of land in the world which doesn't represent the ousting and re-ousting of a longline of successive "owners" who each in turn, as "patriots" with proud swelling hearts defended it against the next gang of "robbers" who came to steal it and did -- and became swelling-hearted patriots in their turn.
- Mark Twain's Notebook

We have a bastard Patriotism, a sarcasm, a burlesque; but we have no such thing as a public conscience. Politically we are just a joke.
- marginalia written in Clemens's copy of The Future in America; A Search After Realities by H. G. Wells

Patriotism is usually the refuge of the scoundrel. He is the man who talks the loudest.
- Education and Citizenship speech, 5/14/1908

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mo_Steel posted:

This is so simplified and carefully worded it makes my head hurt.

This is taking a basic truism and trying like the holy gently caress to turn it into some sort of "personal responsibility" rant but it's not, it just isn't. It ignores the very very basic fact that sometimes the events in life that are out of your control block out doors you could take or roads you want to go down.
Like: yes it was your choice and your responsibility that lead to where you are, but it wasn't your choice to have that choice. Criminals don't choose to be criminals because they want to, they choose to be criminals because events forced that choice on them, I'm sure, given thbe choice, each and every criminal would choose to live on the beach surrounded by cash and sun and surf, but that's not a choice they were ever given.

Jesus it's making my head hurt.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Criminals are criminals because they're lazy and don't have jobs. Why don't they have jobs? It's probably because they haven't accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

smh

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

frodnonnag posted:

Not at all considering it's a lie and he never said that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22...%2F1920&tbm=bks

Interesting, it seems Mark Twain DID use the word government in the modern sense. He still didn't say that poo poo though.

Earliest occurrence on Google Books is at the end of some modern editions of his books from 2011.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Phone posted:

Criminals are criminals because they're lazy and don't have jobs. Why don't they have jobs? It's probably because they haven't accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

smh

When I did parole hearings, every other loving client talked about how they'd found jesus, like it was this one weird trick parole officers hated.
Of course, they were all going back for some violation.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nm posted:

When I did parole hearings, every other loving client talked about how they'd found jesus, like it was this one weird trick parole officers hated.
Of course, they were all going back for some violation.

Meanwhile, in his Manhattan highrise, the criminal mastermind known only as "Jesus" cackles maniacally.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
You ever get that painful feeling of "why am I still friends with this guy"?

quote:

Me: http://www.joemygod.blogspot.com/2014/10/russia-scott-lively-stars-in-government.html
Me: Can we set our views on Israel/Palestine aside
Me: and both agree that it's finally good to be able to hate Russians again?
Friend is now Online.
Me: beep
Friend: I don't hate russia?
Me: well
Me: I'm pretty much done with them
Me: they just can't stop digging
Friend: least the state isn't killsing gays like palestine
Friend: killing*
Me: The best compromise on this issue is literally shutting the gently caress up about it
Me: but no
Me: they make propaganda that's literally our today's version of The Eternal Jew
Me: They're not killing gays
Me: officially...
Me: they just leave that to their neo-nazis
Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-dDd4dtOFM
Me: Oh Russiasan~!
Me: You're not as bad as to Palestinian savages uguu~!
Friend: the people
Me: *those
Me: watch it
Me: do nothing but watch it
Me: in full screen
Me: no alt-tabbling
Me: no cheating
Me: no watching it windowed
Me: zip.
Friend: my time is valuable, I work, sorry lol
Me: are you at work right now?
Friend: You're showing me what I already know
Friend: when this is part of the state's laws
Friend: I'll say alright
Me: which it's heading towards that in the fast lane.
Friend: still nothing compared to muzzies
Friend: don't pray 5 times a day facing the right direction? DEAD
Me: okay
Me: would you get a group of your friends together
Me: find a nearby muslim on facebook
Me: lure them in
Me: and torture them for being muslim?
Friend: No, if I was going to do that I'd just kill them. Religion is a choice, being gay isn't
Me: well
Me: would you do it?
Friend: If there were no repercussions? Probably
Friend: Don't have much use for people who wish death on me for not subscribing to their insane belief
Friend: would much rather they found elsewhere to be

Insert ever increasing :stare: here...

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

staticman posted:

You ever get that painful feeling of "why am I still friends with this guy"?

Uhhh... I don't really think you need anybody to tell you this, but sever.

I was impressed enough by him using "dumb libs don't work :smug:" on his own god damned friend but then, uh... yeah.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

staticman posted:

Where do you live? I'm curious as to how anti-Muslim sentiment varies between the US and, say, the UK. It has always seemed to me like a lot of the negative sentiment that is directed towards black people in the US is instead directed towards Muslims in the UK.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This one is going around again:

To save you some time on research, this is a picture of a protest against a New Hampshire law that prohibited flag burning.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This one is going around again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-UGv4XsEWQ

It's all I think of with this one.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Two fer

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

CHEMICALS!!!!

Facebook friend shared this. I can't respond to the original posting, but I was thinking of this:

as a response.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sweet, get a poo poo load of American pilots and crewmen killed. I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

MariusLecter posted:

Sweet, get a poo poo load of American pilots and crewmen killed. I'm all for it.

And, y'know, engage in horrific biological warfare.