Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

I don’t hate really any of RLM’s weirdo friends. I’ve got other things going on.

the only person that 100% sucks is mac's weird hanger on buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

neoaxd posted:

the only person that 100% sucks is mac's weird hanger on buddy

and max landis

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

and max landis

Yeah that's the only episodes I skip these days. It's funny that this conversation came up because I've been watching the best of the worst chronological order playlist for the past few weeks.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Like a decade ago I worked with this fresh out of film school kid who thought Landis was the second coming, I wonder what he’s up to now.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i dont think ive ever watched a rlm video outside of uhhhh one with the cartoon fat guy reviewing star wars or whatever, and that was bad

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

boxcarhobo posted:

i dont think ive ever watched a rlm video outside of uhhhh one with the cartoon fat guy reviewing star wars or whatever, and that was bad

Wheel of the Worst and Junka are both A+

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i worked as an animation editor for a year, it was a piece of piss and we used to just watch Half in the Bag all day cos the job was so easy. good times

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

and max landis

God he was awful

When a comic book artist playing along with an unfunny horse ninja idea is still a better guest than you, you've hosed up. Though Freddie is fine as a guest. Just...man they put him through the wringer with a drawn out joke.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Max Landis episode is unlisted now lol, the only way to find it is through the BotW playlist

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RLM loves attaching themselves to cancelled men lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I also like when Len Kabasinski is on it because he's just so odd.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

freddie seems nice. len seems nice. im friends with all of them.

len's films are worth a watch as a wrestling fan because something they dont mention on RLM is that the cast is like 60% ECW wrestlers. i believe it's swamp zombies that has The Blue Meanie in the leading role, with Dan "The Beast" Severn as his gruff military superior, calling in orders on a walkie talkie from his back yard

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

freddie seems nice. len seems nice. im friends with all of them.

len's films are worth a watch as a wrestling fan because something they dont mention on RLM is that the cast is like 60% ECW wrestlers. i believe it's swamp zombies that has The Blue Meanie in the leading role, with Dan "The Beast" Severn as his gruff military superior, calling in orders on a walkie talkie from his back yard

gently caress yeah. The ICP of directors - just a good pay day for old wrestlers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RLM stinks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dudes talking about media is the lowest form of content

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

What about guys talking about guys talking about media

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's just having a good time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

What’s your favorite form of media, Gummy?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Love a movie but I think I've got to give it to the music album. Nothing better than a new record by a band you love. But moving pictures of all types, especially if they have puppets or muppets. Animation can be good but most of it is vulgar. The written word is overall just bad. Sure there's some hits but anyone can do it and boy do they.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Love a movie but I think I've got to give it to the music album. Nothing better than a new record by a band you love. But moving pictures of all types, especially if they have puppets or muppets. Animation can be good but most of it is vulgar. The written word is overall just bad. Sure there's some hits but anyone can do it and boy do they.

my favorite is video games. More engaging than a movie - i still remember thinking when I was a kid how crazy it was that I was moving the stuff that was on the tv.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wife and I saw The Fall Guy over the weekend. Cute movie. Nothing mind blowing but it might be the first "hollywood talks about hollywood" movie I've seen that wasn't a circle jerk. Ryan Gosling is a good actor but that man cannot shout. No matter how serious the role is or isn't, when he shouts he sounds like an angry twerp.

I think it's a plus, honestly. Always entertaining.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The video game as a medium is done. Divest as soon as you can [cody voice] avoid, avoid, avoid

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I know it only went one season but Cody Crap was one of your best characters sir

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Video games are closer to a collage of mediums but I don't want to get pedantic about it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

The video game as a medium is done. Divest as soon as you can [cody voice] avoid, avoid, avoid

but I can just keep playing my old games though. Much like you enjoy cartoons from the 60s and 70s (respectfully)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I can't find the dang coconut dr pep anywhere

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

as of late, i would agree.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as of late, i would agree.

Their holiday episodes always rule

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"skill issue" qop guffawed at the page where johnny dies in the outsiders

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thread smells like wet feet

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

Thread smells like wet feet

turn on ur monitor

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

apophenium posted:

I can't find the dang coconut dr pep anywhere

I found some at a local WinCo. It mixes well with coconut rum. On its own it's fine. Not gonna blow your mind or anything.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

We got some SAW Neon up now, the only wrestling show on Monday

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just went to Piledriver and met Minoru fuckin Suzuki holy poo poo

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just went to Piledriver and met Minoru fuckin Suzuki holy poo poo

And he let you survive the meeting? Double bonus.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah we were gonna go to the skytree today but it’s kinda cloudy so I changed plans at the last minute and turned out to be the best possible move I could have made, best vacation

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You met Minoru SuzukI? I'm very jealous and terrified!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah apparently he just hangs out at his merch shop sometimes, he’s got a big comfy chair in there and everything.

I took a photo of the cool sign outside and then walked in to look around and suddenly he was just standing there at the till chatting to an elderly Japanese couple who were buying some poo poo. My wife quietly lost her mind and he cracked a joke in broken English about “shopping first, then meeting” and if Minoru Suzuki tells you to shop then you fuckin better shop.

Bought a bunch of nice shirts and some stickers, then the man himself bagged it up for us while having a little chat about where we’d come from and then took us outside in front of the cool sign to take a few pictures with him. Probably my favourite encounter I’ve ever had with a wrestler.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's great, he did the same thing when Chris Brookes and Maki Itoh went to his shop to discuss their strategy for an upcoming DDT match, so the man has a strategy that works for him! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah apparently he just hangs out at his merch shop sometimes, he’s got a big comfy chair in there and everything.

I took a photo of the cool sign outside and then walked in to look around and suddenly he was just standing there at the till chatting to an elderly Japanese couple who were buying some poo poo. My wife quietly lost her mind and he cracked a joke in broken English about “shopping first, then meeting” and if Minoru Suzuki tells you to shop then you fuckin better shop.

Bought a bunch of nice shirts and some stickers, then the man himself bagged it up for us while having a little chat about where we’d come from and then took us outside in front of the cool sign to take a few pictures with him. Probably my favourite encounter I’ve ever had with a wrestler.

This owns! I'm so happy for you and your wife! Sounds like the ideal circumstance to meet Suzuki if you want to survive the encounter.