Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

front wing flexing posted:

They tried to gentrify it and failed. All the resteraunts, businesses and condos are getting forclosed on.

So the ol' lipstick on a pig didn't work?
I imagine it being something like this:

Shall I pre-warm sir's crackpipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Wow that was my next question actually.

Sup? I used to go to CNU. Is Portsmouth still as ghettoscary as I remember it?

I live in a nice area that pays the police for extra patrols, but in my section there are condos that have been for sale for like ever. I like going out downtown (Bier Garden :cool:), but that'll get nice and hosed when they put "public/private partnership" tolls on the Midtown and Downtown tunnels for 50 years so rich people don't have to pay an extra 1% in taxes because god forbid we invest in loving infrastructure.

The ghettoscary is still easy to find. They recently did a Beyond Scared Straight here. The Saturday farmers market on court street is nice, though. Like my experience cheering for HD-DVD, Portsmouth is kinda the thing I really want to succeed but probably never will.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Just like to add that Beyond Scared Straight is the best show.

Buergermeister
Oct 19, 2003

You serious?
Picked up this baby yesterday (Triumph Bonneville, dealer show model from 2011)... right in time for the first nice spring day!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

docdued posted:

Picked up this baby yesterday (Triumph Bonneville, dealer show model from 2011)... right in time for the first nice spring day!

Congrats! Welcome to the Bonneville club :)

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

docdued posted:

Love that bike! Pretty much how I want to make my beat up old CB550 look.

Buergermeister
Oct 19, 2003

You serious?
Thanks! Yeah, it's really nice, rides really smooth too. Only the saddle is a bit flat, just a little bit of acceleration and I slide towards the back, so I'll probably replace the stock seat soon... there's a nice "King-Queen-seat" available that offers a bit more structure, so to say.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

docdued posted:

Thanks! Yeah, it's really nice, rides really smooth too. Only the saddle is a bit flat, just a little bit of acceleration and I slide towards the back, so I'll probably replace the stock seat soon... there's a nice "King-Queen-seat" available that offers a bit more structure, so to say.

I've actually been considering buying a new seat as well. Are you going to go through the dealership? They kind of eff'ed me over so I really don't want to :(

Buergermeister
Oct 19, 2003

You serious?
No, I'll probably order it online, e.g. http://www.pure-triumph.com/products/135 , seems easy enough to install it myself.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Alright, I can post here now!

Bought yesterday.

2003 Ducati Monster Sie
7k miles

Mods and stuff the original owner did:
    - Arrow Slip-on High Mount Carbon Fiber Exhaust
    - Cycle Cat Billet Triple and Adjustable Handle Bar Kit
    - Cycle Cat Frame Sliders
    - Front Wheel Axle Sliders
    - 5 Spoke Red Marchesini Wheels from a Ducati ST4S
    - Ducati 996 Brembo Goldline Master Cylinders
    - Evoluzione Billet Clutch Slave Cylinder
    - Rizoma Billet Bar End Mirrors
    - Carbon Fiber Front Fender and Sprocket Cover
    - Ducati Performance Carbon Fender Eliminator
    - Ducati Performance 44T Rear Sprocket
    - TPO Dragon Velocity Stacks w/ K&N Air Filters - Airbox Removed
    - Power Commander III Fuel Management
    - Evoluzione Ignition Voltage Booster
    - Voltage Regulator Relocation/Cooling Plate
    - LED Tail Light w/ Integrated Turn Signals

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Bought yesterday.

2003 Ducati Monster Sie
7k miles

Mods and stuff the original owner did:
    - Arrow Slip-on High Mount Carbon Fiber Exhaust
    - Cycle Cat Billet Triple and Adjustable Handle Bar Kit
    - Cycle Cat Frame Sliders
    - Front Wheel Axle Sliders
    - 5 Spoke Red Marchesini Wheels from a Ducati ST4S
    - Ducati 996 Brembo Goldline Master Cylinders
    - Evoluzione Billet Clutch Slave Cylinder
    - Rizoma Billet Bar End Mirrors
    - Carbon Fiber Front Fender and Sprocket Cover
    - Ducati Performance Carbon Fender Eliminator
    - Ducati Performance 44T Rear Sprocket
    - TPO Dragon Velocity Stacks w/ K&N Air Filters - Airbox Removed
    - Power Commander III Fuel Management
    - Evoluzione Ignition Voltage Booster
    - Voltage Regulator Relocation/Cooling Plate
    - LED Tail Light w/ Integrated Turn Signals

Wowzerz! Super jelly! What did you pay? I'm thinking of getting a Monster soon.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

docdued posted:

No, I'll probably order it online, e.g. http://www.pure-triumph.com/products/135 , seems easy enough to install it myself.

FYI it's probably cheaper from madss.com - they have it listed for 272. That site's usually the cheapest for Triumph parts unless you get a dealer deal or go through Jack Lilley when the pound dips.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

Wowzerz! Super jelly! What did you pay? I'm thinking of getting a Monster soon.

3900 :)

I'm crazy excited about this.

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

3900 :)

I'm crazy excited about this.

Holy poo poo, that's a helluva deal for a Monster! Enjoy it man!!

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Bought yesterday.

2003 Ducati Monster Sie
7k miles

Nice, man. With mileage like that, I'd check to see if those tires are still originals or not. If you do plan on getting new tires, it's pretty popular to put 120/70s on bikes that came stock with 120/60s for the front, just for extra contact patch and tire availability. Some food for thought, enjoy the ride.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Awesome thanks guys.

I'm trying to get in touch with the original owner (I bought it from the second owner who only put about 1500 miles on it) because I want to ask him a question.

The red wheel are from a Ducati ST4S. Original owner told the guy I got it from that he hit a pothole and it messed up the rim so he put a whole new matching set on. The front tire will probably need to be changed soon, but the back tire is good to go and I have the original back wheel/tire.

I also got 2 helmets (HJC and Shoei), roll on stand, 2 oil changes worth of filters and oils, a whole small box full of nuts and bolts and wires and extra turn signals, etc, and a dust cover.

I'll def consider the 120/70's for the front when it comes time.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

What? All that for under 4k? That is one hell of a deal.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Yeah I think the guy just wanted to get out from under it - he still owed some money and he was driving a pretty shiny new 4 door Wrangler Rubicon.

I noticed in my last post I left a sentance hanging about wanting to ask the original owner a question. Specifically I wanted to ask him about mileage on the tires from the swap he did.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That bike is cool as hell for any price, let alone what you paid for it. Congrats man, its a stunner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Yeah I think the guy just wanted to get out from under it - he still owed some money and he was driving a pretty shiny new 4 door Wrangler Rubicon.

I noticed in my last post I left a sentance hanging about wanting to ask the original owner a question. Specifically I wanted to ask him about mileage on the tires from the swap he did.

Check out the tire thread and look at the date code on the tires. That'll tell you all you need to know.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Just picked up at around 2PM EST, haven't had a chance to ride yet as all Ohio BMVs are closed this weekend for some kind of upgrayedd. :negative:

Coming from a Ninja 500 / GS500E I'm sure this will be like a new world to me.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Dschingis Khan posted:

Just picked up at around 2PM EST, haven't had a chance to ride yet as all Ohio BMVs are closed this weekend for some kind of upgrayedd. :negative:

Oh lord don't get me started on local dmv/bmv/mva issues (posted in chat thread).

I can't ride mine either.

But still, congrats on the bike. Yellow's a good color :):respek::)

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Just picked up this CB600.

I absolutely love it. Got it for a loving song. Sorry for the poo poo pic though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dschingis Khan posted:

haven't had a chance to ride yet as all Ohio BMVs are closed this weekend for some kind of upgrayedd. :negative:

You live too close to civilization. *hops on quad/snowmobile/lawn chair strapped to Wagoneer chassis & takes off down the road like it ain't no thing*

Dschingis Khan posted:

Seriouspost: that's the first non-blue one I've seen.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Love that yellow SV650. I've only seen one other yellow and one red.

That CB600 is the Euro equivalent of our Hornet, right? Cool.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Just picked up this CB600.

I absolutely love it. Got it for a loving song. Sorry for the poo poo pic though.

I love these. Very classy.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Yeah, it's a hornet.

Apparently they're quite rare in Southern Virginia. Definitely a head turner.

Thanks for the compliments.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Yeah, it's a hornet.

Apparently they're quite rare in Southern Virginia. Definitely a head turner.

Thanks for the compliments.

I think they called them the 599 in the US market. Beautiful. WANT ONE.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Marv Hushman posted:

I think they called them the 599 in the US market. Beautiful. WANT ONE.

Yeah, it is. For some reason when I say CB599 or Hornet people look at me weird but if I just say say CB600 they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks again for the compliments.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Probably because they think you're talking about a CBR :v:
The CB900 (919) is a bit more popular, you could just refer to it as the smaller version.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The 599 was only sold in the US for a year or two, the 919 made it a little longer, but Honda never really got behind them like the other Jap 3 did with their nakeds. Odd, really, since they're great bikes and super popular in Europe.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Dschingis Khan posted:

It looks like a bee and that is awesome! Now I want a fuckin' hornet bike.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

The 599 was only sold in the US for a year or two, the 919 made it a little longer, but Honda never really got behind them like the other Jap 3 did with their nakeds. Odd, really, since they're great bikes and super popular in Europe.

I think the real reason the 599 didn't fare better is because Honda priced themselves out of the market. I have an '04 599 that I bought brand new in the spring of '07 - for $4500. It sat on the dealer floor for three years until I got a smokin deal. Original MSRP was $7200. In '04, the SV650's MSRP was about $5900. It also didn't help that the 919 was only like $800 more expensive than the 599.

The 599 really is a great bike and I'm sure you're gonna love it. Even if it is the wrong color.

Just rolled 40k this past summer. Been cross country 3 times on it.

Wassup Naggers
Jan 8, 2012

by T. Butt

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Bought yesterday.

2003 Ducati Monster Sie
7k miles

You're obviously happy, and I'm glad you like your bike but I really don't like these Ducaties. But then I dont like these type of bikes at all.

docdued posted:

Love, love, love Bonnevilles. I would love to buy a 2006-8 model so it's newish but a little grungy and rat it.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
What is this mootmoot jackass redux?

"It's nice that you like your bike but I on the other hand do not like it at all." :wtf:

Wassup Naggers
Jan 8, 2012

by T. Butt

Gnaghi posted:

What is this mootmoot jackass redux?

"It's nice that you like your bike but I on the other hand do not like it at all." :wtf:

What? Are we not allowed to say we don't like a kind of bike?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Wassup Naggers posted:

What? Are we not allowed to say we don't like a kind of bike?

It doesn't really contribute anything, does it?

VVVVV I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure that "that's awesome!" "good one!" "nice thing!" type posts with no other content are also technically against the rules.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 4, 2012

Wassup Naggers
Jan 8, 2012

by T. Butt

Sagebrush posted:

It doesn't really contribute anything, does it?

Well you can apply that to also saying 'I like your bike.'

But in the interest of harmony, I'll keep it to positive reinforcement only.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Lots of people ride bikes I don't personally care for but making GBS threads on someone else's new purchase is kind of a dick move.

Maybe a bit of an overreaction on my part but it's only cause I'm seeing similar crap everywhere I go these days. "Oh hey cool you're a rider too huh? So you got a bike too, that's nice mines newer/bigger/is from better continent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I think it's more a question of how many parachute accounts one guy can have