Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

real_scud posted:

No but it does have a loving idiotic and pointless two-tone background of different shades of red that continues to piss me off.

Just loving make it all the same shade of red ffs.

You can't see it in that rendering, but I'm pretty sure the darker red is supposed to be their redcurrant (or wine) color, which they have worn in numerous kits, including their 2010 away kits.

edit: You can see an accurate rendering of the crest here: http://www.arsenalfanstation.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

WhiteShad0w posted:

You can't see it in that rendering, but I'm pretty sure the darker red is supposed to be their redcurrant (or wine) color, which they have worn in numerous kits, including their 2010 away kits.

edit: You can see an accurate rendering of the crest here: http://www.arsenalfanstation.com/
I know what the color is supposed to represent, I just think it's loving idiotic and they should've just stuck with one color.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

real_scud posted:

I know what the color is supposed to represent, I just think it's loving idiotic and they should've just stuck with one color.

i dunno have you seen the actual badge on the shirt? i like it a lot with the two tone

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

i dunno have you seen the actual badge on the shirt? i like it a lot with the two tone
....of course I have and no it doesn't look better with the two-tone logo.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
So I just went back to the first page, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend a lot of money at classicfootballshirts dot co dot uk.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Thailand has the best club logos. They're so ott that even American sports teams look on in shock and awe.

These are all FANTASTIC - now where can I get a Pattaya United kit?

(also chiangrai - is that a dung beetle??)

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

sticksy posted:

according to wikipedia Rajnavy Raygon FC are the Dragon Horses if the dung beetle wasn't surreal enough

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Guesstimate Jones posted:

So I just went back to the first page, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend a lot of money at classicfootballshirts dot co dot uk.
Is it good or bad that when I went back to their site to see all the Arsenal shirts they had, they only had 2 shirts that I don't already own?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

sticksy posted:

http://www.pattayautd.com/shop/shop02.html

595 baht = £11.65 (pre-postage).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thailand's national kit also owns:

and the crest:

[edit] I'll double check with my Thai friends but I'm pretty sure, much like the MLS, more people pay attention to European clubs than their own national league.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

harperdc posted:

it's like an angry babar

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

real_scud posted:

Is it good or bad that when I went back to their site to see all the Arsenal shirts they had, they only had 2 shirts that I don't already own?

As long as you're not counting away and goalkeeper shirts you're not an utter lunatic I guess..

Why are 95% of the shirts XL anyway? Are they only bought by thugs and fat people? I'm 6'3 and wear S or M because of how incredibly vain I am.

Paul Pot fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 4, 2010

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Paul Pot posted:

As long as you're not counting away and goalkeeper shirts you're not an utter lunatic I guess..
I'm not counting GK shirts, but am counting away shirts.

I'm only missing the tractor print because up until now I could only ever find it on eBay and elsewhere for £80+ and the CL third blue with Dreamcast on the front we wore for a few season. Otherwise I've got everything else.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What do you do with them? I'm really ignorant to fan culture, but you're talking 50+ shirts here, right? You're probably not framing ones without autographs and wouldn't want to get them too sweaty/dirty...am I missing something?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Paul Pot posted:

What do you do with them? I'm really ignorant to fan culture, but you're talking 50+ shirts here, right? You're probably not framing ones without autographs and wouldn't want to get them too sweaty/dirty...am I missing something?

he's a real fan

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
No doubt, but that doesn't really answer the question.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

the gently caress is this poo poo, i saw this americas next top model earlier today

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Paul Pot posted:

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

he's a real nutjob
Fixed this for you.

I dunno I buy 'em because most of them I wear during the year. A lot of times I'll wear one for a gameday and if we start losing too much I'll switch to a different one hoping it brings better luck.

Plus I live in FL so at almost no point during the year can I not wear one or two of 'em during the week.

edit: Some people like to collect programs, some like to collect other things. I like to collect our old kits and then wear them.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Same way I am with NFL jerseys, I've bought one authentic Cowboys shirt a year for the past like 6 years, with a player I especially like for that season. I only wear them in the fall, and I only change shirts if the Cowboys start losing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

real_scud posted:

edit: Some people like to collect programs, some like to collect other things. I like to collect our old kits and then wear them.

yeah but programs don't usually cost upwards of £35 a pop

I own the 1991/92 Yorkshire Evening Post Kit:

and that's it. Admittedly that's because our kits are usually pretty bland, but I might have to make an exception for the new away kit. No names on the back though, that's what wankers do.

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 4, 2010

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

SteadfastMeat posted:

Since that's only about $50 US, I can safely say that I paid more than that for every authentic NFL, MLB and soccer shirt I own.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

They come close if you're buying 'em from the States.

It's always fun to wear our Sega/Dreamcast shirts here at work because everyone wonders how the hell I got it.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Thai logos are great.

Khon Kaen is the gooniest club ever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

real_scud posted:

I do the same thing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

real_scud posted:

They come close if you're buying 'em from the States.

It's always fun to wear our Sega/Dreamcast shirts here at work because everyone wonders how the hell I got it.

lol. I wore my blue Dreamcast third to PAX a couple years ago.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

Pissflaps posted:

Show me these shirts that are better than

idk, the buttons are not in line and the seam of the stripe looks like it might chafe your nipples?

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!

highme posted:

The Thai logos are great.

Khon Kaen is the gooniest club ever.

I want to see what the Thai games are like... must be loving intense. If people dressed up like T-Rexs to the games, I'd move there.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

real_scud posted:

Fixed this for you.

I dunno I buy 'em because most of them I wear during the year. A lot of times I'll wear one for a gameday and if we start losing too much I'll switch to a different one hoping it brings better luck.

Plus I live in FL so at almost no point during the year can I not wear one or two of 'em during the week.

Alright buddy, that's cool. I was just wondering whether they're collecting dust or still seeing some action...no need for you two to get defensive, I wasn't making fun of your hobby.

Muay Thai shorts are even more outlandish...football players probably wear something similar.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

I need this scarf! Is it even possible to buy Thai merch outside the country?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

plainswalker75 posted:

I need this scarf! Is it even possible to buy Thai merch outside the country?

TRP needs to adopt Khonkaen F.C. like right now.

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
If we're going solely by club crest, I'm way more into Paya Chalawan Phichit FC (since 2009)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm partial to Chainat Football Club The Hornbill 2009 myself

That hornbill means business and looks like he can head a ball

EDIT: Also they play in pink and white stripes

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 5, 2010

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

real_scud posted:

Dunno if this helps you a ton, but try a local shop if you have one. I saw a few when I went to a local shop this weekend to pick up our new home kit.

I was in Montreal when I asked the question, and I fruitlessly searched a bunch of stores in the city selling football shirts. In my home town of Pittsburgh there's basically none at all, since the sport has very little followers.

I ended up buying one on Ebay, hopefully I actually get this one unlike the Penguins jersey I tried to buy last year. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190425710076&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Paul Pot posted:

Muay Thai shorts are even more outlandish...football players probably wear something similar.

Yasothon United's glorious home kit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Can't find a bigger pic, but this badge was always interesting. Remind you of anything?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

This is a regional second division club in Thailand and their logo is still loving awesome.

Thai football blog posted:

As it was the opening ceremony for the club, the match was preceded by various entertainment including dancing, a police parade (later on the police came to watch the game and drink beer, all the time in full uniform and full armory)

The AlcoCrows

*EDIT*

The kit's decent

But the poorly translated lump underneath it with player interviews just rounds it off.

If we've got a couple of willing Thai posters we need a Thai football thread.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 5, 2010

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Bacon of the Sea posted:

This is a regional second division club in Thailand and their logo is still loving awesome.

poo poo you ain't kidding.

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Let me introduce you to Base 02. This is a pretty lazy design to my eyes

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

c0burn posted:

Can't find a bigger pic, but this badge was always interesting. Remind you of anything?

The time I got my bike nicked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Has anyone ordered the new Arsenal shirt from Triads? If so, how is it?