Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to six flags. It was raining this morning so there was no one there, and the rain turned into a drizzle/no rain for the rest of the day so I got to ride all the rides except one with the maximum wait time being 15 minutes. The last one I didn’t ride cause people started showing up and it said the wait time was 30 min and my some unrelated crap happened to my friend so they were in a bad mood so I didn’t want to make them wait. I’m amy case I am super happy. I’m gonna go back probably next weekend right when they open so I can get that ride in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It was slow at work so I left an hour early, and now I'm on vacation!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Um... yeahhhhh... about that...

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
I started working at a new pub this Tuesday, and today I finally felt like I'm starting to find my legs on how things are run. I've got more experience than most of my colleagues when it comes to the bar biz, so it feels really good to be able to show it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had a bunch of vistaprint coupons saved up so I got thousands of very nice new business cards printed for myself and they are pretty and they arrived two days earlier than advertised

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I got to pet a bulldog named Pickles at work today. He was super bumbly and excited.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Went to Vancouver Island for the first time since 1997. Saw northern lights unexpectedly! Back home is raining so if I was there I Would have missed the show.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My wife is arriving in the UK today to start our holiday. It's been 15 weeks since I've seen her so I'm incredibly excited.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm on this little island in a quiet fishing village, and so far this morning I've seen loons, kingfisher, a harbour seal, and a harbour porpoise, and I haven't even left my goddamn bedroom.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I came out to the guy who's essentially my boss, and I still have a job. Plus he was really cool about it :)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm on this little island in a quiet fishing village, and so far this morning I've seen loons, kingfisher, a harbour seal, and a harbour porpoise, and I haven't even left my goddamn bedroom.

Why are they in your bedroom?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Dick Trauma posted:

Why are they in your bedroom?

They're after me and my fingers.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

So today I went whale watching, and witnessed some newly discovered feeding behavior only known in this one particular sound and they only started doing it in the past 4 years. Some humpback whale figured out if you hold still with your mouth open, schools of fish will hide inside and then you can gulp them all up with no effort. It's been teaching others to do it too. We saw one do it today.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I found a $180 giftcard to a really nice restaurant nearby that I had forgotten about so me and my boyfriend had a surprise fancy dinner out before he has to leave for a while on Saturday. I got potato gnocchi with shaved corn, wax pepper & prosciutto soffritto, black truffle, and grana padano cheese. He got bucatini with smoked tuna, toasted garlic, capers, chili, roasted pepper & tomato passata, and nepitella. We split some burrata with prosciutto and focaccia bread on the side. It was a very nice surprise to ease off of what had been an on-and-off again frustrating and downright weird week

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Some humpback whale figured out if you hold still with your mouth open, schools of fish will hide inside and then you can gulp them all up with no effort. It's been teaching others to do it too. We saw one do it today.

This also works for me with McNuggets.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I don't want to live where there a sentient "chicken" nuggets.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

If you live on Earth whoo boy do I have some bad news for you. :henget:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I only have seven patients now (started the day with twelve; handed some off to another tech) and there's buffalo chicken dip in the break room.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Store hours are changing now that summer is over. I get to start an hour and a half later now, which means I also get to sleep later in the mornings.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m going to my favorite nudist camp for a few days which was not really planned

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, but a publishing company I approached maybe six months ago about writing for them finally got back to me, saying they were interested in my ideas and exploring whether a partnership would work out.

This is on top of the book I've already committed to myself to write, but if this project actually comes to fruition, I'll be over the moon.

It was truly life-changing to get that email this morning.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got approved for a credit card and was able to pay it off immediately. drat that feels good.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

FreshFeesh posted:

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, but a publishing company I approached maybe six months ago about writing for them finally got back to me, saying they were interested in my ideas and exploring whether a partnership would work out.

This is on top of the book I've already committed to myself to write, but if this project actually comes to fruition, I'll be over the moon.

It was truly life-changing to get that email this morning.

This is loving fantastic!!!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I gave up art when I got my BFA. But recently, after having worked in a hostile work environment in a minimum wage job, I’ve really decided to work on my portfolio and get a REAL art job. I couldn’t remember much in Maya but then stuff came back to me so I was able to do SOME stuff, and I’m planning and working hard on a video I’m gonna make. :unsmith:

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Thin Privilege posted:

I gave up art when I got my BFA. But recently, after having worked in a hostile work environment in a minimum wage job, I’ve really decided to work on my portfolio and get a REAL art job. I couldn’t remember much in Maya but then stuff came back to me so I was able to do SOME stuff, and I’m planning and working hard on a video I’m gonna make. :unsmith:

This IS awesome. Congrats man, you give me hope! We need art in our lives. Sincerely - fellow BFA grad currently working in accounting...

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I recently left my retail job and started one in my career of choice coming with a 50% raise (which isn't actually that much considering what I was getting before, but whatever) and am in a new apartment and finally on my own. I have a car of my own for the first time in over 5 years, and today a blue apron box got dropped on my door for the previous resident; I did call blue apron and they told me to go ahead and keep it because they can't do a pickup / redrop because it's food so I got a free blue apron to top things off.

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
Good job, bud. You’re where I’m aiming to be.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’m ridiculously introverted, but am getting really into latin dancing lately and getting out there more. After asking 4 people I now have a partner for this sensual Bachata workshop end of month! I’m so jazzed to break my terminal white guy hips :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

liz posted:

This IS awesome. Congrats man, you give me hope! We need art in our lives. Sincerely - fellow BFA grad currently working in accounting...

Thank you!! Work on it, there ARE art jobs out there. The worst thing you can do is get complacent or depressed and give up. Me and my friend are in the same boat as you, and we’re not working on our art stuff or portfolios so we’re trying to team up to work on resumes/websites to promote our work. She did have an art job but the company closed :( so she’s a housewife and depressed so I want to work w her so we both succeed, and I hope you do too!!! You can do it man (or woman)!!!!

(So technically yesterday and related to non-art job)

Related: I made a somewhat crappy resume (based on my good resume) and got like 20 job offers that same day. Many/most companies were obviously lovely and scammy, but I have TWO INTERVIEWS already lined up. I know it’s call centers or whatever but it’s not my minimum wage job where they hate me so yay!

Still working on the portfolio and stuff, I am super super excited and omg I found some files from my best project that I thought I had lost (the original video files); they were on my time machine drive that I had lost—it was in the basement under a pillow in my moms house, wtf. The videos themselves aren’t edited to final and those files are lost but I have the original videossssssss!!!!! I literally cried with happiness when I saw I had them.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Had the first meeting with my psychologist, hopefully I can get help to resolve some issues that I have with work related burn-out?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Last winter, my husband's grandma developed shingles while in Mexico where she lives 5 months a year. She ended up being referred to a guy at the Saturday market who sold "happy cookies" which were just edibles. It really helped her with her pain.

Today she posted a weed joke on Facebook. I think it's adorable.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My mum has been having some mild health issues the last few months. The symptoms she has could be due to something that needs treatment but is relatively benign, or something really really loving bad. Since of course I'm extremely anxious, I was super worried it would be the latter.

Today she did a medical exam, and they confirmed it's the benign thing.

To say I'm supremely relieved is an understatement.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

After our landlord flipped and kicked us off a farm my fiance and I had invested money and time into for a year, my fiance's dad decided it's time to buy a family property and put us in charge of it. So if all goes well we'll have a homestead in a couple months!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Those last two are really, really awesome, congrats on making good situations out of bad ones!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Was earlier this week, but I got a new software engineering job at a more relaxed company, with a better title, shorter commute, and 60% more money. Pretty dang happy about it.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

I got selected for a deployment so I get to be miserable for a year, but I'm getting 70% extra pay so I'll finally be able to afford a house when I get back. I also got a cold call job offer on the same day from an organization I worked with a while ago. It's a crappy position with bad benefits, but it's nice to be wanted.

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Sep 23, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
On the bus there were these brothers, age like 10 and 8, talking about political issues with adult language. It was pretty awesome :3:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

My dad's cancer isn't back, there was a false alarm on imaging or something. After weeks of dread, I finally feel like a weight has been lifted.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum
I celebrated 3 years with my girlfriend today.