Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the raptors are our friends??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I guess Universal heard all the complaints about "teasers for trailers" and said gently caress it, because they just posted the Jurassic World trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

Despite some dodgy cgi parkscapes, I kind of dig this.

I dig it. I hope Bryce Dallas Howard goes all "Aliens Ripley" at the end and duct tapes a flamethrower to an AR with an underslung shotgun and goes HAM on hybrid dinosaur eggs.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Trailer's way more fun if you imagine Chris Pratt's JP character is just Burt Macklin, FBI.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'm glad they decided to go with the monster-of-the-week plot that worked so well for JP3.

The new dinosaur in JP3 didn't bother me. Every other part of the movie bothered me.

JP3 was an awful mess.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress, I wish I was a kid again to experience the wonderment of Jurassic Park all over again.

Maybe seeing this in theaters will help.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Until they make the ultimate sacrifice at the end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Until they make the ultimate sacrifice at the end.

It's obvious this will happen and I'm still going to cry when it does :qq:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

Probably something to do with the genetics altering or whatever.

They turned them into big vicious puppy dogs.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I wonder why they didn't do feathered dinosaurs, just for the sake of familiarity?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

This is pretty much my reaction to the riding a motorcycles with raptors.

I'm also the only person who liked Jurassic Park 3 (more than Lost World but nowhere as much as the original). Then again I also liked Crystal Skull (more than Temple of Doom but nowhere as much as the other two).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I guess Universal heard all the complaints about "teasers for trailers" and said gently caress it, because they just posted the Jurassic World trailer.

I think it's more likely they heard the news about Star Wars releasing its trailer on Friday too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Eh! Frank posted:

This is pretty much my reaction to the riding a motorcycles with raptors.

I'm also the only person who liked Jurassic Park 3 (more than Lost World but nowhere as much as the original). Then again I also liked Crystal Skull (more than Temple of Doom but nowhere as much as the other two).

I always hoped there was another like me... I never stopped believing. :hf:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I... I just can't get into the idea of "good guy dinos", at least not from this trailer. I'm too married to the notion of "Man creates dinosaurs, dinosaurs eat man." Maybe I'll grow to appreciate it. Chris Pratt is too great.

Someone here suggested a found gootage Jurassic Park movie and now it's hard to want something else.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I didn't see a single T.Rex in that trailer.
:smith:

I mean its probably going to end up being the hero of the film and kills the superdinosaur.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

mr.capps posted:

I didn't see a single T.Rex in that trailer.
:smith:

I mean its probably going to end up being the hero of the film and kills the superdinosaur.

Actually I've heard it's a Spinosaurus that saves the day.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

illcendiary posted:

Trailer's way more fun if you imagine Chris Pratt's JP character is just Burt Macklin, FBI.
Pretending that made GotG even better when I did it so this is sound advice.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If I don't see Chris Pratt scratching a purring velociraptor's belly then this movie will be poo poo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

I... I just can't get into the idea of "good guy dinos", at least not from this trailer. I'm too married to the notion of "Man creates dinosaurs, dinosaurs eat man." Maybe I'll grow to appreciate it. Chris Pratt is too great.

Someone here suggested a found gootage Jurassic Park movie and now it's hard to want something else.

Yeah when he's doing his Dino expert thing talking about how she is intelligent and going to kill everything that moves I kept thinking wasn't that the whole point of the original? Why does it need to be a ~hybrid~ to make it extra dangerous? Like dinosaurs themselves are our cuddly friends but this bastard of science is an uncontrollable monster. The inclusion of the raptors as a pack of trained helpers was just too ridiculous to stomach.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I just don't buy the idea that people have lost interest in the Park. It's too meta and mechanical. I also don't buy that the solution is to create a single monster dinosaur rather than, say, moving to a more convenient location or some poo poo.

If anything it would make more sense to reference Blackfish and have the ethics of the Park be the cause for bad publicity and dwindling guest.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

I just don't buy the idea that people have lost interest in the Park. It's too meta and mechanical. I also don't buy that the solution is to create a single monster dinosaur rather than, say, moving to a more convenient location or some poo poo.

If anything it would make more sense to reference Blackfish and have the ethics of the Park be the cause for bad publicity and dwindling guest.

To be fair on the ethics thing, that could play a role. Hard to really say for sure from only a two minute trailer.

That said though, I agree. Unless the prices were exorbitant (which they might very well be), it just doesn't make sense that people would be all, "Dinosaurs? *yawn*" in a world where kids still go apeshit for Disney characters.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

That said though, I agree. Unless the prices were exorbitant (which they might very well be), it just doesn't make sense that people would be all, "Dinosaurs? *yawn*" in a world where kids still go apeshit for Disney characters.

Also, the Park looks packed.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

From the trailer, it doesn't seem like interest has died out too much. There's some decent sized crowds. Maybe it's just commentary on companies always trying to change things, and that making things bigger, faster, & stronger doesn't necessarily make them better. Dunno. Has there been a leaked script?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Eh! Frank posted:

From the trailer, it doesn't seem like interest has died out too much. There's some decent sized crowds. Maybe it's just commentary on companies always trying to change things, and that making things bigger, faster, & stronger doesn't necessarily make them better. Dunno. Has there been a leaked script?

A few months back someone spoiled the entire premise of the film before any information was officially released and it lines up perfectly with everything we've seen, so there's basically no reason to doubt it.

The park is dying out due to lack of interest, so the new company decides to make a new, cool dinosaur to get people coming back again. I guess the film is happening on the day of the big reveal so that's why there's crowds maybe?

The new dinosaur is the size of a T-Rex, white and blue in colour but can turn invisible, and as clever as a Raptor.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:what:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He forgot to mention the dino also has spikes and is totally a 90's EXTREME joke brought to life.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Here's Pan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2ikNhkpIE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So it's the Riddick videogame?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jackman sure looks like he's thrown himself into the part. Kind of weird they're setting it later than the original story though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He forgot to mention the dino also has spikes and is totally a 90's EXTREME joke brought to life.

Jurassic World: Sponsored by Mountain Dew, Jack Links Beef Jerky and Red Bull.

Buy your slap bracelets and licensed cartoon Mr. DNA shoelace clamps in the gift shop.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Here's the Lego figure that leaked last week. You might think this isn't a good source to really grasp what it will look like but the Raptor and T-Rex look pretty close to the proper thing, so...

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

"nice traditional trailer but what it really needs are rapid beats and increasing tones" said some studio exec.

This trailer feels really clunky.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

awww this looks great

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

The new dinosaur is the size of a T-Rex, white and blue in colour but can turn invisible, and as clever as a Raptor.

That reminds me, a Lego version of the new dinosaur was leaked a week or two ago, matches the "white and blue" description, but doesn't look too bad, though it's hard to tell in Lego form: (fake edit - somebody beat me to posting the picture)
If by invisible you mean camouflage, I remember there being a dinosaur in the Lost World novel that could do that. If you mean actual invisibility, then yeah that's lame.

I had zero interest in this when I found out Rooney Mara is playing Tiger Lily, but looking at the imdb page, looks like Wendy is going to be black and Smee middle-eastern or something like that. Now I don't know what to think.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PriorMarcus posted:

Here's the Lego figure that leaked last week. You might think this isn't a good source to really grasp what it will look like but the Raptor and T-Rex look pretty close to the proper thing, so...

Am I not supposed to think this will look awesome cause uh

I also think by "invisible" they don't literally mean invisible, it'll probably work more like a chameleon

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think what would be really interesting is what really fucks over the park in Jurassic World isn't the fact this new dinosaur is killing a few of the guests, but that it could end up killing all the other dinosaurs in the park if its not stopped. Then the message could be less "science out of control" and just "don't gently caress with ecosystems."

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Am I not supposed to think this will look awesome cause uh

I also think by "invisible" they don't literally mean invisible, it'll probably work more like a chameleon

I'm undecided. It feels like a film that's trying to be serious but has a really goofy premise, rather than going out with the goofy like the G I Raptor script did.

Also, yeah, I assume that's what they mean too, but that's still dumb because it's an apex Predator the size of a house, it's got little reason to hide and surely couldn't do it well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big invisible dinosaurs aren't new for JP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-m9Wj-IEZY&t=880s

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PriorMarcus posted:

That's basically what the Carnotaurus was in the Lost World; it was defeated by flashlights if I remember, god that was a lovely and meanspirited novel.

I loved the trailer because its back to being Jurassic Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Eh! Frank posted:

Maybe it's just commentary on companies always trying to change things, and that making things bigger, faster, & stronger doesn't necessarily make them better.

Well that would explain the trailer. :v:
JP4 is going to be some hot garbage but SMG will come and save us by convincing us that, just like Sucker Punch, it's supposed to be a piece of poo poo and is therefore brilliant.

• Locked thread