Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Scorpina last showed up about 30 episodes ago, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zedd posted:

Wasn't Scorpina the name of the villain from Lost Galaxy?

Trakeena, but her father is Scorpius so yeah.

Oh god Goldar vs an Ultrazord. I'm sure this will end decisively.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm glad that after all these years Bulk and Skull still own, those memories were right.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The opening titles chat is a lot less "AHHHHHH" and a lot more rage at the new cast. That died out a lot faster than I thought it would!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Two things about the Power Cannon:

1) It looks like a toy
2) The recoil is so strong it nearly bowls the rangers over

Therefore it is good.

...Also, every episode after The Power Transfer it sounds like Zedd is starting to lose his mind. Sets up what's to come pretty well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Streams up, but with the previous episode. Oops.

As for Power Rangers In Space...

Source: Man vs Sentai.

(same thing happened with Time Force. Imagine watching the footage for your time travel themed Power Rangers show, barely understanding what they are saying, and having it slowly dawn on you that they do not time travel.)

This was super interesting to read. Is there anymore behind the scenes stuff like this?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bulk and Skull loving rule

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I bet they forgot

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This was super interesting to read. Is there anymore behind the scenes stuff like this?

there's another one where the guy in charge of adapting Go-onger to a dark post-apocalyptic series that would be popular with older kids sat down to look at go-onger footage for the first time, saw the cars had googly cartoon eyes and talked, and said "gently caress me" outloud to a room of production people

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ahaha, the chat just went berserk at the pachinko machine

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Billy looking less and less like a teen every day

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

McDragon posted:

Ahaha, the chat just went berserk at the pachinko machine

I don't have it in me to keep going, but man, that Konami ep must be something special.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
grade school level soccer skills on display

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm starting to get the feeling this episode is kind of silly

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Man, the hoops they had to jump through to explain why the other Rangers aren't around to fight the Pachinko monster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In hindsight, yeah it's super obvious that the white ranger was actually an elementary school kid in the original footage.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
RIP KONAMI

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Ya know, I think going on TV shows violates the 'never use your powers for personal gain' rule, in spirit, if not practically. Even if you're not paid or anything, you're still getting your ego stroked.

e: and of course Tommy gets his own chair.

e2: poo poo, did they gently caress up the lighting enough that you can see through their visors?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 16, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What in the gently caress

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This episode rules

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Rangers on a talk show is the best way to do a clip show.

I want more of this.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So this is one of those "gently caress, the actors are all in Australia and we have a loving DEADLINE FOR A NEW SHOW" episodes, isn't it?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I want a scene with the talk show's writing staff going "how the gently caress do we get the Rangers on TV? They don't have phone numbers!"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Were they filming the movie?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I forgot season 2 had this many episodes. I figured we'd be to Australia and the western by now.

I guess it makes sense. The show was on five days a week at this point, and wouldn't go back to Saturdays until midpoint of In Space. And of course it was then the show started to get REALLY good, so...

Were they filming the movie?

You'll know when they are, because they decided to just randomly send the teens to Australia and film actor segments on location too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A reminder

They aired a new episode EVERY DAY OF THE loving WEEK.

Imagine that shooting schedule, after the nightmare of literally losing all of the cast, to then have EVERYTHING up and move to another country and to randomly not have access to your actors at any given point in time, while also having to film enough content to fill a weekly TV series that aired nonstop.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

I forgot season 2 had this many episodes.

The podcast I listed above, in one of their episodes, went over some of the details on just how many episodes of MMPR there are. I can't remember all the comparisons, but one of them was that Saban has still not made as many episodes in their new phase of ownership as they made of MMPR.

I think the data is out of date, though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Phrasing

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh wow, that whole sequence was amazing.

Monster randomly grows! It's randomly sunset! The Megazord doesn't move and then it just slashes once!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"I just got this fax from your friend Jason. It says: 'Hey, you sellouts. Whatever happened to your pride and sense of a go....' hm. Can't read the rest of this."

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Get a life you dweeb!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Everybody agrees with me that Jason is the best ranger now right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad that Rocky felt the rangers reaching out and touching him.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

RBX posted:

Everybody agrees with me that Jason is the best ranger now right?

Of the original cast? Sure.
Ever? It's close, but Leo has him beat by a nose.

Holy poo poo Aisha's fire safety lecture. At least her hair will be fabulous when she burns to death.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So is this when the show literally turns into a PSA lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So is this when the show literally turns into a PSA lmao

"The rangers said that staying in school is cool, and I think so too!" - an actual loving line last episode.

i can't deal with this furnace headless rider

fire hazards? lord zedd has gone too far.

new power???

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 16, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bet all of them are beginning to wonder if this obsessive lady was right for the job of Power Ranger.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait what the gently caress

"Let's use our powers to reflect fire!" :psyduck:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
All this fire talk made the bottom ad link to this, on title alone.

e: for content, if PR was a slightly more mature show, I think it would've been really interesting if Jason was portrayed as kinda cracking under the weight of being capital-L Leader. It would make the otherwise-edited-in bullshit about him being happy that Tommy was the new leader, because he didn't have to be that guy anymore.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zedd's gonna send them on a scavenger hunt throughout all dimensions? That sounds extremely fun actually??