Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm looking for some dumb fun LPs - particularly the types where the LPers play around with the game. I'm thinking of the Vinny/Vinesauce corruption videos, that Polygon BeamNG.Drive LP, our very own Kaubocks/Panzer messing with Saints Row 2 and that Half Life 2 mod game.

One or two people is preferable, silly (but not offensive) humor is a must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Here's LethalFeline being guided through Daggerfall by Grimith. Some of the humor is from reacting to the bizarre bugs that can crop up in this game, but they have a good rapport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNpzOVp3JYU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

MillennialVulcan posted:

Here's LethalFeline being guided through Daggerfall by Grimith. Some of the humor is from reacting to the bizarre bugs that can crop up in this game, but they have a good rapport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNpzOVp3JYU

Perfect, I'll give it a go!

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

EthanSteele posted:

Is there a good Axiom Verge LP? I want informative with 100% completion, going into the story and all the usual jazz. I remember watching an LP years ago with two commentators and one of them sounded a bit like JordanKai.

Seconding this, mostly so it doesn't fall off the first page. Axiom Verge deserves a completionist informative LP.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AccountingNightmare doesn't really post LPs here anymore, but she did a series of streams covering a runthrough on Hard Mode that have her 100%ing the game. It's a solid playthrough and she covers pretty much everything you'd want to know about in the game.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm looking for some dumb fun LPs - particularly the types where the LPers play around with the game. I'm thinking of the Vinny/Vinesauce corruption videos, that Polygon BeamNG.Drive LP, our very own Kaubocks/Panzer messing with Saints Row 2 and that Half Life 2 mod game.

This LP of Skate 3 should be up your alley:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724298

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

You've probably seen it, but Mercs 2 is a goddamn classic (and probably my favorite LP ever) that fits the description perfectly.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Forgive me for asking this as I took a break for a couple of years and missed plenty, did Geop ever finish Dark Souls 2?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Forgive me for asking this as I took a break for a couple of years and missed plenty, did Geop ever finish Dark Souls 2?
He didn't even get through a third of the game. But so far as I could tell, when I was vaguely paying attention to that LP, Geop had a massive problem with meandering without making progress and his commentators actively encouraged this kind of time-wasting. His channel lists videos up to #68, and he hadn't poked the DLC or reached the second of the four Great Souls bosses. To put this into perspective, there was a comparable blind LP that started shortly before his. That one has since finished on 130 episodes, doing all the NG content despite:
  • Passing the controller between two blind players for some extra wackiness.
  • Having no direct guidance, only indirect stuff from the now-archived thread.
  • Losing the save file at one point to some hardware issue. (I later passed them a facsimile of their extant progress so they could continue.)
If you want to check that out, it's...uh...split between two YT accounts/playlists for weird technical reasons.

Edit: If you want I can try digging up the thread itself, but like I said it got archived.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 23, 2018

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

NGDBSS posted:

He didn't even get through a third of the game. But so far as I could tell, when I was vaguely paying attention to that LP, Geop had a massive problem with meandering without making progress and his commentators actively encouraged this kind of time-wasting. His channel lists videos up to #68, and he hadn't poked the DLC or reached the second of the four Great Souls bosses. To put this into perspective, there was a comparable blind LP that started shortly before his. That one has since finished on 130 episodes, doing all the NG content despite:
  • Passing the controller between two blind players for some extra wackiness.
  • Having no direct guidance, only indirect stuff from the now-archived thread.
  • Losing the save file at one point to some hardware issue. (I later passed them a facsimile of their extant progress so they could continue.)
If you want to check that out, it's...uh...split between two YT accounts/playlists for weird technical reasons.

Edit: If you want I can try digging up the thread itself, but like I said it got archived.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I'll check out your recommendation instead as it sounds like something that I'll enjoy. Don't worry about tracking down the archived thread, you've done plenty. I'll work it out from the links that you've provided.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

StrixNebulosa posted:

Danaru and Grace's x-com 2 lp is ending up just like that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is a Youtuber who plays through the whole Operation Flashpoint timeline, completely abusing and breaking the game in the process. I guess it's not at all waht you were asking for, but I've been waiting for an opportunity to recommend this guy's videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ug6JkblUD4&list=PLrYtxM2_wyNrzUYbqpakeyFrb3ui1_pFp

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

EthanSteele posted:

Is there a good Axiom Verge LP? I want informative with 100% completion, going into the story and all the usual jazz. I remember watching an LP years ago with two commentators and one of them sounded a bit like JordanKai.

Bliss Authority posted:

Seconding this, mostly so it doesn't fall off the first page. Axiom Verge deserves a completionist informative LP.

The one I watched that sounds like the above was done by The Jeff And David Show (a few of their LP's are on the archive under Edo Animus, Darksider's 2 being the big one) It's informative, 100% completion and pretty well done.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

I could have swore that this question was answered here recently already, but I can't find the post. I recently got the KH remaster game on PS4, but honestly I won't have the time to replay it all before the third game is out. Does anyone know a particularly good LP for recapping it all?

GMArcturus went all in on the series so I guess that one might work. https://lparchive.org/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-Series/

FutureFriend did 1 and the 1.5 midquel that's kinda important https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5K3PNw7A60&list=PL-h7Ap6EWaxLrg8Xt3TPMvzzibox-Ho-C
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-h7Ap6EWaxI65k4QliLIyuiLS9pzTbkO

So just take your pick.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

GMArcturus went all in on the series so I guess that one might work. https://lparchive.org/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-Series/
I poked at this out of morbid curiosity that someone had actually shown off all the games, but it appears that none of these playlists work. In fact GMArcturus' other LP of the KoToR games also got removed. And there's not even a link to the Internet Archive of backups. Did they quit LP or SA entirely and take their ball with them?

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

EponymousMrYar posted:

The one I watched that sounds like the above was done by The Jeff And David Show (a few of their LP's are on the archive under Edo Animus, Darksider's 2 being the big one) It's informative, 100% completion and pretty well done.

Just started this, it owns. Thank you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

I poked at this out of morbid curiosity that someone had actually shown off all the games, but it appears that none of these playlists work. In fact GMArcturus' other LP of the KoToR games also got removed. And there's not even a link to the Internet Archive of backups. Did they quit LP or SA entirely and take their ball with them?

Bwuh? Huh, you're right. I had no idea. The last LP I watched was Chain of Memories and then I had to stop because that's too much KH in too short a time for me so I didn't realize the videos had disappeared.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Well, I guess that decides whose videos I'm watching then. Thanks for the help!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since YouTube is destroying all annotations forever soon, are there any good annotated LPs out there?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Kamoc's Silent Hill Homecoming LP is loving groundbreaking in its implementation of annotations. Definitely watch it and make use of them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Good call. Losing the linking system in that is going to be tragic.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

CrashScreen posted:

Well, I guess that decides whose videos I'm watching then. Thanks for the help!

just a heads-up, since kingdom hearts 3 is coming out and thats usually when videos with simple and clean get auto-ID'd, the uncut version of the final boss video of KH1 is blocked worldwide. been trying to get it rescinded, but cut version is still fine for now.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 27, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
LP Goons I just finished watching a Shemue LP and I'm craving that good good Shenmue 2. Is there an LP worth a watch or is the game just that unsalvagable?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ches Neckbeard posted:

LP Goons I just finished watching a Shemue LP and I'm craving that good good Shenmue 2. Is there an LP worth a watch or is the game just that unsalvagable?
Maybe try the one by supergreatfriend? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB2hfiV75gy88Vo7yAVISRif

I haven't watched this one myself, but SGF always does a good job with his LPs and I would assume this is no exception.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

What's a good LP for 2018 God of War? Preferably not blind but blind is ok if the player is decent.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Might not be precisely right here, but are there good streams of folks doing playthroughs of Legacy-style boardgames? Risk Legacy, Pandemic Legacy, Gloomhaven, that sort of stuff. Preferably folks with a sense of humor.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
This might tickle the itch. Woolie (of super best friends) VS did a LP of Kingdom of Death. Didn't end up being a series but a fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiSdC6Lp8c7PwpYN3KE4oIUWCxha6yGwQ

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

What's the best all mask playthrough of Majora's mask? I'm fine with informative or funny commentary.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Riatsala posted:

What's the best all mask playthrough of Majora's mask? I'm fine with informative or funny commentary.

What exactly do you mean by all mask playthrough?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

RareAcumen posted:

What exactly do you mean by all mask playthrough?
Probably "gets every mask".

Just for the sheer off-the-wall craziness of them, I'm going to recommend Doctor Kill's LPs. In case you're not a fan of glitch runs or randomizers, there's also ThornBrain's LP, which is a more standard LP (although it's a 100% run) and mixes informative commentary with general silliness, and he and his co-commentators seem to strike a good balance IMO.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

EponymousMrYar posted:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

AccountingNightmare doesn't really post LPs here anymore, but she did a series of streams covering a runthrough on Hard Mode that have her 100%ing the game. It's a solid playthrough and she covers pretty much everything you'd want to know about in the game.

Thanks for both of these! I don't think the one I watched was The Jeff and David Show one because the guy not playing hadn't played the game, but both of these are rad!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Can someone recommend a good LP of The Evil Within? I'm playing and loving the second one, but I bounced off the first one hard, and I'd like to see how that all shook out. I'm hoping for something informative, but without being overly serious about itself.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Leavemywife posted:

Can someone recommend a good LP of The Evil Within? I'm playing and loving the second one, but I bounced off the first one hard, and I'd like to see how that all shook out. I'm hoping for something informative, but without being overly serious about itself.

You're looking for The Evil Within by CJacobs https://lparchive.org/The-Evil-Within-(by-CJacobs)/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
2nd Cjacobs Evol Within

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Oh, durr, I knew he did that :doh:

I even thought I recalled that a good Lp'er had done it, but didn't check the archive.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
dscruffy did a blind one as well if you enjoy watching someone stumble through, albeit rather competently.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Any recs for a good Morrowind series that doesn't go too crazy with mods?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

SubponticatePoster posted:

dscruffy did a blind one as well if you enjoy watching someone stumble through, albeit rather competently.

Competent, ha ha :v: The big selling points for my playthrough is that I make appropriate startled panic noises without mugging.

I can always recommend Cjacobs' playthrough, he did a fine job. Especially if you're looking for something more informative than my blind playthrough. He's also partway through TEW2, though that hasn't updated in a bit.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Has anyone done a playthrough of FFXV that wasn't a handful of people bumbling through it blind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Riatsala posted:

This is not quite all masks due to the gimmick and a couple masks being mutually exclusive, but I really enjoyed the 3-day challenge run where they beat the game and got all the masks they could within a single cycle (after the initial deku scrub cycle, obviously).

https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-3-Days-Challenge/