Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Bartomeu is also way ahead of Laporta in the polls

It is really insane that somehow, when Laporta was getting ready for a triumphant return to Barcelona, an interim bad president pulls a triplete out of his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I think there's a lot to criticize Casillas for, but this contract thing is a ridiculous gently caress-up in a long list of ridiculous gently caress-ups by Florentino.

It looks like the lesson that Florentino learned from getting criticized relentlessly for his stupid sales of players is "I have to distance myself as much as I can from the departure of players". Instead of actively selling players, he just does a bunch of passive-aggressive poo poo until they hopefully leave and give up their lucrative contracts. It's really pathetic.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Promote Zidane to sporting director

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

i really really really don't want him in Porto so i hope he stays in Madrid

I really really want him in Porto, he's worse than their already old GK and expensive as hell.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if our league can revive Julio Cesar then i'm legit afraid that we'll turn Casillas into his 29 year old self.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
One of Laporta's cronies had a presentation yesterday that clams Neymar's transfer will end up costing Barcelona €222m, if you include all of the legal fees and penalties that resulted from their attempts to conceal the real fee.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
They should ban Neymar from playing professional football imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The costs of transfers is no longer relevant to teams like Madrid and Barca who basically have unlimited funds. It's fun to laugh at them for being scummy and stupid but they could spend 250 mil on a player and still come back the next year trying to make a big splash. For them it's play money.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
If you spend €222m in Neymar there's something very wrong with your targets.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I don't give a poo poo how much they spent on Neymar as long as he keeps playing like he has, if Barca keeps winning titles why should we care.

It's like if it comes out that Barca has secretly paid Messi's dad €100m over the years, who gives a gently caress, we have Messi.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Neymar is not worth that money. Suarez is a much better player.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

€222m to buy a treble

yeah they hosed up

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
With Messi and Suarez they could've had Bojan on the field instead of Neymar and they would have still won the treble. Neymar is a fraud.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

advanced statsman posted:

With Messi and Suarez they could've had Bojan on the field instead of Neymar and they would have still won the treble. Neymar is a fraud.

Don't be silly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:stare: Spanish loving football

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/11/arda-turan-barcelona-presidential-election-atletico-madrid

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Arda was a request by Luis Enrique, of course they are also using him for the elections, just like Laporta is using Pogba and Abidal and how the other guy is promising to bring Monchi, it's all politics, but Arda will stay as a Barca player if the new president wants to keep Luis Enrique happy.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Suqit posted:

Don't be silly.

Neymar is a fraud.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Neymar is a fraud.

He's a really good player no matter how much you dislike him or all the events surrounding him.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
He's a fraud and not worth the money Barcelona paid for him. Time will show I was right all along, friend.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Suqit posted:

He's a really good player no matter how much you dislike him or all the events surrounding him.

Agreed OP. Barca current front three are the stuff of nightmares.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
For a bookkeeper!

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

For a bookkeeper!

lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

200 mil is insane for a player, agreed. But if the team is achieving all it's objectives, and is signing whoever they want, when they want, then who the gently caress cares what they pay. Now you could argue it will undermine the financial security of the club, but Barca (and Madrid) are so tightly in bed with the banks that it doesn't really matter. Until that spending actually prevents the team from both improving and winning it's just a made up number

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
actually, neymar is not worth the money they paid for him

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Well I just read on the internet that Neymar is more fuckable than Ronald, so my guess is Neymar is at least worth Ronald's fee+whatever Ronald just sold his media rights for... *runs numbers* which is €420.69M

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

whenever bmv has to defend barca it somehow always involves Madrid

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

all im saying is i could care less if X barca player is overpaid. It has zero affect on them signing more players or winning all the trophies

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

BWV posted:

all im saying is i could care less if X barca player is overpaid. It has zero affect on them signing more players or winning all the trophies

what about the effect it has on the clubs finances on the long term when you buy a player for 250m with no future return? not all barca socios and fans started supporting them when they started winning everything, they were there through the hard times and know those might come back at any time. i understand this might be hard to get for you and el hefe and "ape gone insane"

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
basically buying a player for 250 million euros is considered bad by everyone except people who know they can start supporting any other team if it becomes more successful or has a cooler kit

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Agreed, spending 250 mil on a player is sheer insanity and I hope that Legia can do it some day.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Thankfully I chose to support the best team on the planet and will never need to choose another

Feels good man

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

basically buying a player for 250 million euros is considered bad by everyone except people who know they can start supporting any other team if it becomes more successful or has a cooler kit

yea it's not ideal. obviously you dont just wanna burn money. I'm not saying teams should just go chucking lots of money around for no return. it's objectively bad. But from what I understand the team is basically too big too fail/has unlimited access to new and favourable loans so a clusterfuck of a transfer isn't really going to put a dent in their finances. Now if they start doing this every week it'll probably gently caress things up in a few years.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
so barcelona are objectively bad?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Casillas to Porto is a done deal

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2015/07/official-statement-iker-casillas

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

That's really hosed up imo

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
bring back diego lopez imo

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lolling but worried at the same time

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

this makes me sad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

That's really hosed up imo

agreed my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

http://videos.marca.com/v/qez0HYX4U2T-iker-casillas-se-despidio-del-real-madrid-y-del-madridismo.html

:(

• Locked thread