Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Morocco controls the straits and (I think) Qadis, you thrice cursed traitor! :argh:

Hey, don't look at me, you're the one who led the treacherous rebellion that led to Qadis' downfall.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Hey, don't look at me, you're the one who led the treacherous rebellion that led to Qadis' downfall.

No no: the glorious revolution that led to Qadis's rebirth, and inevitably that of all Al-Andalus! The labor pains have been unexpectedly lengthy and great, but our new dawn is just around the corner!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

No no: the glorious revolution that led to Qadis's rebirth, and inevitably that of all Al-Andalus! The labor pains have been unexpectedly lengthy and great, but our new dawn is just around the corner!

Whatevs. My treacherous rebellion led to a glorious nation stretching across the whole peninsula and up into Gascony. Enjoy your unexpectedly lengthy pains.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Morocco controls the straits and (I think) Qadis, you thrice cursed traitor! :argh:

Yep, Morocco has a land dominance objective for Qadis, and got it in that game. So in an alternate alternate timeline somewhere out there, the entire Majlis have been captured and executed under orders of the Almoravid Sultan :)

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

So in an alternate alternate timeline somewhere out there, the entire Majlis have been captured and executed under orders of the Almoravid Sultan :)

I repeat: best timeline.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I take it we're going with this one for V2?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I take it we're going with this one for V2?

Hashim's actually going to play MotE.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm still rooting for Ibriz.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hashim posted:

...the entire Majlis have been captured and executed under orders of the Almoravid Sultan :)
The best Sultan :allears:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

Yep, Morocco has a land dominance objective for Qadis, and got it in that game. So in an alternate alternate timeline somewhere out there, the entire Majlis have been captured and executed under orders of the Almoravid Sultan :)

As long as the Bolded part stays true, I will admit this is the best timeline. The Majils have lead to nothing but Al-Andalus' downfall.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Just in case there's any confusion, yeah I'm gonna be playing through March of the Eagles for the LP. Most of the mod is already done and I'm just working on a few extra events and decisions, I was going to wait till after my semester exam before actually updating, but I'll probably get one or two chapters out before then.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You know with the Majlis killing the Sultans and the Ibrizi overthrowing their monarchs, I can't help but wonder if some sort of alliance might be possible?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

paragon1 posted:

You know with the Majlis killing the Sultans and the Ibrizi overthrowing their monarchs, I can't help but wonder if some sort of alliance might be possible?

Well, part of the reason the Majlis was so mad at the Sultan was that he let the colonies slip through his fingers

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

paragon1 posted:

Sure, it's probably something the Majlis can explore in V2, assuming you guys survive and are interested enough in it for an official policy. Could get our own Special Relationship going.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Well, part of the reason the Majlis was so mad at the Sultan was that he let the colonies slip through his fingers

Yeah but that was awhile ago and our interests are at least somewhat aligned right now. You could easily spin it as the Majlis being mad the Sultan didn't treat with the colonies more reasonably, thus necessitating the split! "See we were really on your side this whole time guys! It was the Hunchback's fault!" :v:

I firmly believe that we should attempt to assemble Al Andalus successor state Voltron.

At the very least I'd think the Ibrizi would be interested in a revolutionary friendly trading partner in Europe who has Atlantic coastline.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The Majlis feels like the 1st century BC roman senate except we're actually really good at stabbing our ambitious generals and somehow holding on to power.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
By the time V2 begins, it will have been a good 80 years since Ibriz declared independence. Any support for bringing them to heel at that point would be like the British wanting to retake the USA in the 1850's.

I think we do have an opportunity for a friendly relationship with them.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Pakled posted:

By the time V2 begins, it will have been a good 80 years since Ibriz declared independence. Any support for bringing them to heel at that point would be like the British wanting to retake the USA in the 1850's.

A generous application of a monopoly on nuclear weapons is a start. We'd need some allies to provide the manpower though.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hope for the Revolution isn't yet lost!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

:getin:

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Hashim posted:

is that the actual save?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

kibaces posted:

is that the actual save?

Nope, this is just from a test game I was running. Could happen in the actual lp though.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

my last words, as i am brought to the guillotine, are, "the merchants did nothing wrong."

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

He taunts us, fully knowing that we will end March of the Eagles as an absolutist kingdom owning little more than Galicia.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

He's replaying the game over and over again until he gets the lamest outcome as punishment for us loving everything up.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

A few people have been asking after this, so after much procrastinating, here's the mod for the EU4 scenario:

edit: removed, scroll down for updated version

Some notes:

This is the first overhaul mod I've publicly released, and I expect there to be a lot of bugs and errors and the like, so just let me know if there's something wrong and I'll try my best to fix it. I'm also very burnt out on EU4 and I haven't at all tested the mod in the latest update (I was still on version 1.21.1 as of the last LP update), so I expect there's going to be a bunch of problems regarding that. I've already taken the liberty of removing a bunch of events and decisions that I knew were bugged, which I'll reintroduce into the mod once fixed. I've also purged a lot of the restrictions and constraints I added for the purposes of the LP (like extra unrest when conquering a new province and irregular spikes in separatism), because whilst it resulted in a more fragmented and realistic world, they aren't much fun to play with in a normal game.

Known issues: There's currently something that's making the game occasionally crash when loading up, and I haven't been able to pinpoint it down just yet. If anyone knows how to fix it let me know, otherwise simply starting the game up again will have to suffice until I can figure it out.
Also, there's some funkiness with Waono events, so those will have to be fixed sometime.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 8, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hashim posted:

Also, there's some funkiness with Waono events, so those will have to be fixed sometime.

It's always the coolest countries that get smothered in the crib by a missing } :negative:

vv Hundreds of Polynesians from around the Pacific flood in for the gold rush

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 7, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It's always the coolest countries that get smothered in the crib by a missing }

The initial plan was to give the Polynesians the option to colonise their way down to the Mexica, and start conquering until they can entrench themselves as the ruling class over the Nahua. I didn't test all the events thoroughly enough though, apparently, so it didn't go through exactly as planned.

Still, they've managed to unify California, and I'll think of something for them to do in vic2 to make up for it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hashim posted:

I'll think of something for them to do in vic2 to make up for it.

Sounds like the gods need to give them some kind of destined manifest on the land. :getin:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
So, this is entirely off-topic, but I thought some of you might find it interesting. I am currently running a game in The Game Room subforum - it's a sci-fi post-revolution government sim and is (allegedly) somewhat similar to the legendary Crete LP. We are currently looking for people to run the local governments, either through direct democracy or through a more traditional city council + mayor model, so if you are even the slightest bit interested in this or any other aspect of helping a fictional country recover from the damage inflicted by over three decades of corrupt autocracy, please come over and participate.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 7, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

New version of the mod: click here.

Fixed a few localisation bugs, tuned a couple missions that were acting up, fixed a few new provinces that were showing up as empty, and I think the start-up crash has also been fixed. I've also added the link to the OP, where I'll be posting any further updates for the mod, along with other scenarios.

Also, I've pretty much run out of ideas for events/decisions for MotE, so if anyone's got any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Apart from that, I'll probably start up the MotE portion of the LP pretty soon.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hashim posted:

Fixed a few localisation bugs, tuned a couple missions that were acting up, fixed a few new provinces that were showing up as empty, and I think the start-up crash has also been fixed. I've also added the link to the OP, where I'll be posting any further updates for the mod, along with other scenarios.

Also, I've pretty much run out of ideas for events/decisions for MotE, so if anyone's got any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Apart from that, I'll probably start up the MotE portion of the LP pretty soon.

Chain to coordinate with Ibriz and have them invade Morrocan possessions in the Carrib?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Chain to coordinate with Ibriz and have them invade Morrocan possessions in the Carrib?

It'll mostly be narrative fluff, but I'll add some events for Ibriz to declare on Tabriz off-map if the war is going real bad for Morocco, giving them a hit to manpower and income. Remember that conquests in MotE are temporary though, the final state of the post-war world (and thus the opening vicky scenario) will have to be decided by a conference of victors.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hashim posted:

Qadis/Turrani repent and submit to the Madhi, reunifying under their control, afteran eleventh hour conversion.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

Clearly what Qadis needs is a Cyrahid resurgence

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Clearly what Qadis needs is a Cyrahid resurgence

Funnily enough, Cyrahid (along with other people in the thread) was added as a possible name for generals or leaders in Andalusi successor states, and whilst I was gathering the info for the epilogue chapter, I noticed our last heir in EU4 was actually a Cyrahid -

He's already almost 50 years old though, and I doubt anyone in the Majlis would vote the relative of a monarchist (who tried to establish a dynasty, no less) into becoming Grand Vizier, but who knows? Maybe his descendants go on to become influential politicians in the vicky era

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

He's already almost 50 years old though, and I doubt anyone in the Majlis would vote the relative of a monarchist (who tried to establish a dynasty, no less) into becoming Grand Vizier, but who knows? Maybe his descendants go on to become influential politicians in the vicky era

:getin:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The Great War just has to start when a maroccan grand prince is touring one of the many balkanised provinces in Iberia and is shot dead by a crazy noble wanting to kickstart a revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Hashim, thank you very much for this LP. It's been a very interesting read so far, and I look forward to seeing it continue in MotE. I'm also feeling pretty stoked about the Al-Andalus mod, it's a cool setup.

However I'm afraid the start-up crash is still happening. When I try to start the game, I get an instant CtD, with no error message. The choice of country doesn't seem to matter, nor does the location of the save. I'm running no other mods, and the most recent version of EU4.