Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Slaughter posted:

Looking at pairings has me wondering: How tf do you survive flying Hawaii redeyes? Like depart OGG 23:55 and land SFO at 7am? Oof.

Have you ever looked at a freight airline’s schedule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

The Slaughter posted:

Looking at pairings has me wondering: How tf do you survive flying Hawaii redeyes? Like depart OGG 23:55 and land SFO at 7am? Oof.

That sounds identical to a transcontinental red-eye, for both flight time and time zone shift. They make it work.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

NightGyr posted:

That sounds identical to a transcontinental red-eye, for both flight time and time zone shift. They make it work.

Waking up in Hawaii is pretty much always going to be superior to waking up in LA, though.

Rickety Cricket
Jan 6, 2011

I must be at the nexus of the universe!

The Slaughter posted:

Have you gotten a fleet assignment yet?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Think it might be time for a gopro, so I can start critiquing my 'interesting' flights with an impartial observer. Wasn't really feeling flying today, but was scheduled for a few hours solo in 'my' Cherokee, so decided to go. I'm signed off to X/C to an airport to the north, but weather was lovely that way, so decided to go fart around to the south where you could at least see the sun. I live in the mountains, there's always mountain wave turbulence everywhere around here, but it's usually just a few bumps. I knew winds aloft were pretty ripping today, but figured it'd be a normal day down below 8000MSL or so.

Anyway, I take off, head south, and Tower asks me to move over to the windward side of a valley on my way south (to stay out of the way of some A-10s doing a stadium flyover). I do so, and all of a sudden I'm in in the worst turbulence I've ever experienced @ 6500MSL, easily an order of magnitude worse than anything I'd previously been in. I'm sure it wasn't a world record, but I was yawing, rolling and pitching violently and legitimately scared like I haven't *ever* been in a plane. I decided to dive down to about 1500AGL and turn out away from the ridge under traffic. It worked, after a terrifying 2-3 minutes the air did smooth out as I got distance from the ridge.

In hindsight 1) I should have turned out from the ridge immediately, and not worried about traffic while I was worrying about also making a crater in the ground (probably irrationally, but still) and 2) I should have maintained altitude or climbed. Because I knew winds aloft were fast today, I was worried that the turbulence wouldn't get better unless I could climb another 3-4kft, up completely above the ridgeline. I think that's wrong though, and clear(er) air was probably closer than I thought above me.

That said, I kept my poo poo together during+after, flew out, flew home, and landed safely. I talked to my instructor afterwards, he'd gone out the same way with a student after me, and they also turned around and called it day after hitting that area.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

The Slaughter posted:

See: thread title

Also:

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

I did RKSS (Seoul - Gimpo) -PAFA-KHPN one time (19 hours duty, 15.9 block, 14 time zone change). I still had to airline home to Chicago after we landed and was straight-up hallucinating while checking in for my flight home.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Rickety Cricket posted:

Have you gotten a fleet assignment yet?

Nah, but looking like my options are gonna be 737 SFO LAX or EWR. Slim chance at the 320 or 757/767.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The Slaughter posted:

Nah, but looking like my options are gonna be 737 SFO LAX or EWR. Slim chance at the 320 or 757/767.

lol dare you to take EWR.

Come on.

Do it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I had plenty of 14 hour flights and looooong duty days at lastjob but the only time I truly got hosed by my schedule was when I did hkg-lax on the last day of a 17 day trip. The plane was late but we managed to make up a bunch of time so that I was able to show up for my deadhead home only for for the loving gate agent to 10 minute rule me. I had 8 minutes left before departure. I melted the gently caress down. I’m not proud of it but gently caress her and her stupid goddamn regional airline.

Edit: like I managed to make it from the lax cargo terminal through the crappy traffic to where the regional terminal is, get on the bus that takes you to the tiny regional terminal with 8 minutes to spare and the loving gate agent treats me like a late jumpseater. I’m like I’ve got a paid loving ticket. No dice. Needless to say I don’t fly that airline anymore.

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 10, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rolo posted:

lol dare you to take EWR.

Come on.

Do it.

Our last chief flight instructor's last base before leaving her regional was EWR.

Her crashpad was in Philadelphia.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Rant! In corporate world, I updated my resume and have been waving it at my chief pilot screaming “I’ll do it man I’ll loving do it.”

The pilot I share this particular airplane with has the stupidest personal SOP’s that must never be broken and it’s driving me nuts. He thinks he’s the airplane whisperer and deviating from what he wants to do means the boss will miss his trip. Noted problems include:

-I don’t like descending at more than a thousand a minute so I changed the default descent profile in the FMS. Now center gets pissed all the time because we’re constantly nagging for lower starting an hour out every single leg of every single trip. Denver center asked me if I was having an emergency last week.

-I like carrying an extra 4 hours of gas for a 1 hour trip. You never know. Tell center we can’t climb anymore and we’re going to need 0.76 for awhile even though this airplane happily does 0.85 under normal circumstances.

-The airplane doesn’t like getting cold. The temperature dew spread is 30 degrees, the humidity is 0 and the OAT is 30 here in Utah but if the airplane gets cold it breaks, trust me, we’re going to reposition in the dark to another airport in Colorado and spend 1200 a night on a hangar. I don’t realize it’s -55 at altitude every time we fly. If the boss wants to leave early we’ll just get up at 3am and move it back (we did.)

-I know we aren’t flying until tomorrow and we just got in last night but I want to go check on the plane and make sure it’s still ok. I also refuse to put the rental car in my name because that’s how they get you so I need you to drive.

-Ok show time is 11 for a 12 departure. I’d like to get there by 9 just in case there’s something wrong with the plane, which we drove out to look at yesterday.

And just now:

-The 1 hour empty leg home tonight is a total waste of gas and money. Let’s leave the airplane where the boss is, pay for a hangar so it doesn’t get cold and airline home. You don’t mind getting home at 1am instead of 8 do you? I know I made you come out 2 extra hours early but the airplane will be broken the one day we don’t.

He makes these calls outside of the management company SOPs and the chief pilot’s hands are tied because he came with the airplane. The owner is not a stickler and doesn’t care if we take the airplane home.

So yeah I kinda told them to find me a new plane. I just want a few hundred more hours before I ditch 91/135 but it’s going to be tooth and nail apparently.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dude if I were you I wouldn’t tell any boss type you’re looking for work until you give them your 2 week notice. Any more than that and the choice of when you leave may no longer be yours. Your job sucks. Luckily, there are lots of flying jobs right now. There’s no reason to stay at a job you hate, especially a 91/135 job.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I didn’t actually do the wavy-resume thing but I did have a serious chat about needing a transfer to a different plane. I’m the 4th guy to do this in 5 years so the CP was understanding and supportive.

I was frustrated while writing the post here but the talk wasn’t “please fire me” bitching.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

The Slaughter posted:

Coffee.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

Rolo posted:

I didn’t actually do the wavy-resume thing but I did have a serious chat about needing a transfer to a different plane. I’m the 4th guy to do this in 5 years so the CP was understanding and supportive.

I was frustrated while writing the post here but the talk wasn’t “please fire me” bitching.

You are expendable. Stop complaining immediately and find a new job. Consider this to be character building and to never treat your FOs this way when you’re a captain.

You’ve spoken up, you need to not put a target on your back.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rolo posted:

Rant! In corporate world, I updated my resume and have been waving it at my chief pilot screaming “I’ll do it man I’ll loving do it.”

The pilot I share this particular airplane with has the stupidest personal SOP’s that must never be broken and it’s driving me nuts. He thinks he’s the airplane whisperer and deviating from what he wants to do means the boss will miss his trip. Noted problems include:

-I don’t like descending at more than a thousand a minute so I changed the default descent profile in the FMS. Now center gets pissed all the time because we’re constantly nagging for lower starting an hour out every single leg of every single trip. Denver center asked me if I was having an emergency last week.

-I like carrying an extra 4 hours of gas for a 1 hour trip. You never know. Tell center we can’t climb anymore and we’re going to need 0.76 for awhile even though this airplane happily does 0.85 under normal circumstances.

-The airplane doesn’t like getting cold. The temperature dew spread is 30 degrees, the humidity is 0 and the OAT is 30 here in Utah but if the airplane gets cold it breaks, trust me, we’re going to reposition in the dark to another airport in Colorado and spend 1200 a night on a hangar. I don’t realize it’s -55 at altitude every time we fly. If the boss wants to leave early we’ll just get up at 3am and move it back (we did.)

-I know we aren’t flying until tomorrow and we just got in last night but I want to go check on the plane and make sure it’s still ok. I also refuse to put the rental car in my name because that’s how they get you so I need you to drive.

-Ok show time is 11 for a 12 departure. I’d like to get there by 9 just in case there’s something wrong with the plane, which we drove out to look at yesterday.

And just now:

-The 1 hour empty leg home tonight is a total waste of gas and money. Let’s leave the airplane where the boss is, pay for a hangar so it doesn’t get cold and airline home. You don’t mind getting home at 1am instead of 8 do you? I know I made you come out 2 extra hours early but the airplane will be broken the one day we don’t.

He makes these calls outside of the management company SOPs and the chief pilot’s hands are tied because he came with the airplane. The owner is not a stickler and doesn’t care if we take the airplane home.

So yeah I kinda told them to find me a new plane. I just want a few hundred more hours before I ditch 91/135 but it’s going to be tooth and nail apparently.

This reminds me of the Check Airman I took my instrument checkride with who had his own interpretation of select regs and, if you gave the actual, printed-in-the-FAR/AIM regulation on the oral, you were wrong.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

CBJSprague24 posted:

This reminds me of the Check Airman I took my instrument checkride with who had his own interpretation of select regs and, if you gave the actual, printed-in-the-FAR/AIM regulation on the oral, you were wrong.

Did his first name start with an F?

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

The Slaughter posted:

hobbesmaster posted:

Have you ever looked at a freight airline’s schedule?

NightGyr posted:

Some make it work. Others avoid it. Others commute suicide.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
:psypop: how do you get to the end of CPL ground school without understanding how a Cessna 172 engine is cooled?

I didn’t even ask for a detailed explanation, just, since it was a very cold day, I asked if slow flight would have a lesser or greater chance of running the engine too cold compared to cruise flight. That wasn’t meant to be a difficult question.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

You did, and I said “I’m interviewing at BFI, ask soon how it is”

Now I’ve been there for a year and a half and it is pricey and a very challenging place to learn how to fly. I love where I work though- I’ll be staying past 1500 hours.

E: I can make some space on my schedule if you want to meet up and talk about planes.

I can imagine (the challenging part), just looking at the sectionals around here make my brain hurt a bit. Would definitely be down to meet up and talk about planes, I love Georgetown.

And thanks all for the A20 feedback — looks like Bose makes good kit in at least one market.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

PT6A posted:

:psypop: how do you get to the end of CPL ground school without understanding how a Cessna 172 engine is cooled?

I didn’t even ask for a detailed explanation, just, since it was a very cold day, I asked if slow flight would have a lesser or greater chance of running the engine too cold compared to cruise flight. That wasn’t meant to be a difficult question.

Lesser wind coming through the cowl with higher RPM to keep altitude = warmer engine.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Exciting times at ORD this morning:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1193904095968612357

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

No speedbrakes/spoilers? Is this going to be the same too much reverse thrust issue as that Delta maddog that slid off a snowy runway at LGA?

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

:rice:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Captain Apollo posted:

Lesser wind coming through the cowl with higher RPM to keep altitude = warmer engine.

Exactly. There's only two factors involved: heat being put out by the engine, cooling air going into the engine.

You could also cheat by (hopefully) knowing that slow flight has a greater risk of overheating the engine on a hot day, even if you don't understand why. Or by reasoning that I'm not going to ask you to do slow flight on a day when it puts the aircraft at risk, as I've already explained why we aren't going to be doing any manoeuvres at idle power.

If this is causing problems for commercial candidates to understand, they are going to be entering a world of pain when it comes to understanding the systems on any moderately complex aircraft. I've got a lot of work to do with this guy. His flying is okay, but the biggest hurdle I've had to overcome with my commercial students is getting them to understand that competent hands and feet are necessary but no longer sufficient when it comes to obtaining a CPL.

On the other hand, we should also be pushing this sort of thing harder with PPL students in all cases, but most especially when we know they're going to be moving on to CPL. The airplane is not an unknowable black box, you need to understand how and why it works.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 11, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rolo posted:

Did his first name start with an F?

No, J. He was in his seventies then and was mercifully forced into retirement after falling off the wing of an Aztec.

"I think we landed!" :perfect:

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

No speedbrakes/spoilers? Is this going to be the same too much reverse thrust issue as that Delta maddog that slid off a snowy runway at LGA?

METAR from just a few minutes after the incident: KORD 111351Z 35017G26KT 3/4SM R10L/4000V5000FT -SN BLSN VV011 M05/M06 A3022 RMK AO2 PK WND 35028/1331 SLP240 P0001 T10501061 $

They were landing on a snow covered runway with a 90 degree strong gusty crosswind. I'm going to guess that had something to do with it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KodiakRS posted:

METAR from just a few minutes after the incident: KORD 111351Z 35017G26KT 3/4SM R10L/4000V5000FT -SN BLSN VV011 M05/M06 A3022 RMK AO2 PK WND 35028/1331 SLP240 P0001 T10501061 $

They were landing on a snow covered runway with a 90 degree strong gusty crosswind. I'm going to guess that had something to do with it.

Right. In that incident the amount of reverse thrust meant that they didn't have enough rudder authority to cancel any sliding: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines_Flight_1086#Accident

I'm just wondering if because the E-145 has a similar T-tail with rear engine setup it'd be susceptible to the same sort of issue.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Wonder what the FICON said?

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Right. In that incident the amount of reverse thrust meant that they didn't have enough rudder authority to cancel any sliding: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines_Flight_1086#Accident

I'm just wondering if because the E-145 has a similar T-tail with rear engine setup it'd be susceptible to the same sort of issue.

Maybe. From what I remember though the md80 is overly susceptible to it, even more than other t-tail aft mounted engine aircraft. Something about having overly strong reversers for powerbacks. Also on closer inspection the spoilers were deployed but it's hard to see, watch the bottom right corner of the video and you can see them retract right as the aircraft starts to spin. On a semi-related note I was trying to look up if the 145 has a history of rudder blanking and I came across a very :stonk: NTSB report: https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20001211X09555&ntsbno=FTW98MA126&akey=1

i am kiss u now posted:

Wonder what the FICON said?

ORD has gotten in trouble with the FAA over this before: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2018/3/9/18362463/despite-o-hare-safety-boasts-faa-slammed-city-s-handling-of-winter-operations It's behind a paywall but this quote sums it up: "The federal agency also determined that the aviation department didn’t follow its own federally approved snow-response plan, instead “allowing aircraft to continue to use Runway 10L/28R for arrivals and departures when pilot reports indicated conditions were deteriorating.”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KodiakRS posted:

On a semi-related note I was trying to look up if the 145 has a history of rudder blanking and I came across a very :stonk: NTSB report: https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20001211X09555&ntsbno=FTW98MA126&akey=1

Thats like something from 1968 not 1998. :stare:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KodiakRS posted:

ORD has gotten in trouble with the FAA over this before: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2018/3/9/18362463/despite-o-hare-safety-boasts-faa-slammed-city-s-handling-of-winter-operations It's behind a paywall but this quote sums it up: "The federal agency also determined that the aviation department didn’t follow its own federally approved snow-response plan, instead “allowing aircraft to continue to use Runway 10L/28R for arrivals and departures when pilot reports indicated conditions were deteriorating.”

gently caress, just anecdotally it seems like 80+% of runway overruns are at ORD in the winter. Plow crews are expensive, I guess.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

MrYenko posted:

gently caress, just anecdotally it seems like 80+% of runway overruns are at ORD in the winter. Plow crews are expensive, I guess.

To be fair, I'd imagine the greatest number of problems would occur in the intersection of "has terrible winters" and "diversions/safety-conscious decisions will gently caress schedules the hardest" and ORD fits the bill perfectly.

I'm sure the people calling the shots as to when to close a runway are under a lot of pressure.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MrYenko posted:

The most infamous one with Southwest was MDW, wasn't it?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

hobbesmaster posted:

The most infamous one with Southwest was MDW, wasn't it?

Yes. There were several runway overurns at MDW. It's a much, much, smaller place than O'Hare.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Finally got to fly that cross-country after being hosed by the schedule for the last 3 weeks. It was lovely. The plane I was in has a brand new engine, 18 hours on the Hobbs, so it's got some good power -- 900fpm steady on the climb-out (I know, I know, it's impressive to me though). Got flight following and listened to the NorCal controller bitching somebody out for their "finicky" transponder. "Well maybe if your transponder is finicky you shouldn't be flying around under a bravo airspace."

Came back in around sunset and visibility was 8 miles -- totally legal but spooky to see how the airport just disappears in the combination of haze and sun. Flying in the regulatory 3sm seems like it would be terrifying. I might ask an instructor to take me up in that someday just to experience it.

I love flying

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Hey remember when starting and everyone is like 'get your written out of the way." I do, and didn't, and regret it. Flying requirements are finished and now studying for a written while trying to go often enough to not lose skills. I just want to be done and not pay the inflated flight school pricing for their poorly maintained* 40 year old planes. Learn from me and get the written done.

* Issues are squawked and deferred for months, if addressed at all. Of the 5 planes one is probably unexpectedly ground once per week. The one I had on Saturday wasn't grounded but required soft field take offs and landings due to a severe nose wheel shimmy. Had to turn around during initial taxi a couple weeks ago for a collapsed nose strut in another. Mag exploded on another student in the plane I like. Student out with the chief instructor couldn't get the gear down in a twin engine and had to land without it.The list goes on and on.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

A gear failure is a severe issue, especially if you can't get it down with a secondary method, but the rest of that? Honestly, par for the course for a training fleet.

Mag issue? Possibly fouling due to students not leaning the mixture, or just a bad-luck mechanical issue.
Collapsed nose struts and/or nose wheel shimmy? Repeated flat landings.

It's not so much planes being poorly maintained, as planes showing the unavoidable signs of having the utter gently caress beaten out of them day in day out and a chief instructor and manager wondering how to balance the rental rate with keeping the planes in great shape. I mean, of course we should be keeping planes in better shape than we do (generically, not talking about my employer specifically) but, it turns out that costs money, and not very many people want to pay an extra $30-50/hour to cover the amount of maintenance it would take to keep a training fleet in top shape all the time. Yeah, I've seen one school that keeps their aircraft in better shape, and they train mostly commercial students (less abuse, though obviously stlll some) and they charge that much extra for the plane.

Training is an incredibly demanding role for any aircraft and frankly we should all be amazed that 172s and the like hold up as well as they do. And this isn't an "all my students are poo poo" instructor bitchfest, this is me remembering what I was like as a PPL and CPL student. You don't become a proficient pilot without making mistakes, and those mistakes take a toll on the aircraft.

It's also worth noting that all the studying you do for your written, will help you understand how to be a better pilot when you're flying. And all the time you've spent flying will help you with the written. The best advice, and I offer this in general, not to yellowD specifically, is to balance the two as much as possible at any level. These aren't two separate things, they go together. I think the people who get the written done before they go solo are equally as mistaken.

Sagebrush posted:

Finally got to fly that cross-country after being hosed by the schedule for the last 3 weeks. It was lovely. The plane I was in has a brand new engine, 18 hours on the Hobbs, so it's got some good power -- 900fpm steady on the climb-out (I know, I know, it's impressive to me though). Got flight following and listened to the NorCal controller bitching somebody out for their "finicky" transponder. "Well maybe if your transponder is finicky you shouldn't be flying around under a bravo airspace."

Came back in around sunset and visibility was 8 miles -- totally legal but spooky to see how the airport just disappears in the combination of haze and sun. Flying in the regulatory 3sm seems like it would be terrifying. I might ask an instructor to take me up in that someday just to experience

I love flying

As an instructor, I love many aspects of this post. A) You love flying and I can tell, not because you say you do, but because you're thrilled about stupid things like a great climb rate. That doesn't go away, if I see a 1000 fpm climb rate like I did yesterday (it was cold as gently caress and we were pretty light) I still get giddy about it. B) Hearing about the controllers being, uh, colourful. It's a good reminder that they're human and they get pissed off at poo poo too. The day will come when they're bitching at you, though, so just remember that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. We're always one bad-luck moment away from a finicky transponder. C) It's good to get experience in lowering vis, starting with haze and 8SM visibility even, and it's especially good to hear your attitude toward flying in 3sm visibility. Both that you don't want to do it solo, and that you'd like to do it with an instructor. That's good because it shows you know your limits and can make safe choices regarding what you feel comfortable flying in, but also that you want to push your personal limits under safe conditions to improve your proficiency.

This is exactly the mindset I want to see in both students and licensed pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Well I did it y'all, got my license to learn today :)

It's been an incredibly stressful, exhausting, and demanding two weeks of checkride prep as I didn't fly for 3 weeks on account of being on vacation. My checkride date got moved up a week, leaving me with 2 weeks to prepare.

Lots of tears, sleepless nights, and hard work and I finally did it. Feeling more relieved than excited but thrilled that I was able to do it with the support of my instructor, flying community, family, and friends.

On to instrument rating! (After a good break) :)