Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rylek posted:

Hey Goons I find myself in desperate need of Fleet Credits. Is there anybody who can spin up some projects on Dental or one of it's subsidiaries to help a brother out? I grabbing what I can but everything needs Dilithium which I don't have tons of. If I'm dumb and there is a better way to earn Fleet Credits please tell me that as well. :banjo:

You can get 'free' fleet dilithium from the Admiralty tour of duty for the KDF, but that does take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Legendary Romship got shown off on a stream today, tl;dr: its the TOS Romulan ship with the gold eagle painted on the bottom

5/2+Experimental slot
Shields 0.9
Base Turn 18
Base Hull 54k

Starship Trait: Assault Formation Theta: Free TorpSpread 3 when you use AP:O or Decloak + 20% turn rate bonus + boost to crit chance.
Default loadout is (I'm not making this up) apparently a Cannon, Beam Array and 3 Torpedoes front, 1 Turret 1 Torpedo on the rear :stonklol: :wtc:
Commander Tac/Intel
LtComm Universal/Command
Comes with ??? Console, no details seen

https://imgur.com/a/sUuWZQS

Also an Upgrade Weekend kicks off tomorrow.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

drat, I was kinda hoping the Romulan BoP would be pilot because it's always been a tiny super-maneuverable quasi-raider. Hell, the T6 has a pilot seat. And the promo pack version has turn 19. I guess nobody checked that when they gave the legendary turn 18.

It's a bit weird looking. It's trying to be like the Picard one, but it's not very good at it.

The Picard one's surface protrusions don't interrupt the front curve of the ship. and the STO one's windows are pretty meh.

Back view looks more accurate

E: actually, pulling up the episode, there are shots where the front curve is interrupted? It's like they used two different models. There's one with more pronounced surface detailing that it looks like the STO team got.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 11, 2020

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lorak posted:

I enjoyed when the alternate use for the Singularity Projectile was discovered. It was a good day in ... what was it that we used back then, TeamSpeak 3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VwH5GOUjk
I wish they hadn't fixed that. It didn't hurt any pubbies, and took a ton of coordination to even blow up willing victims who took their shields off.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

thanks to a very good friend helping me get enough lobi to buy the WoK excursion jacket, I can now appear to be pantsless!

beautiful

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lorak posted:

I enjoyed when the alternate use for the Singularity Projectile was discovered. It was a good day in ... what was it that we used back then, TeamSpeak 3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VwH5GOUjk

I quite liked this video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezVVVSdQLw

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

thanks to a very good friend helping me get enough lobi to buy the WoK excursion jacket, I can now appear to be pantsless!

Time to raid the archives

The specific bug/exploit that allowed this marvellous creation was patched years ago, unfortunately.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DancingShade posted:

I quite liked this video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezVVVSdQLw

Time to raid the archives

The specific bug/exploit that allowed this marvellous creation was patched years ago, unfortunately.

Is that Space Bret The Hitman Hart?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Self destructing outside ESD was a lot of fun too.

I loved doing this way too much, I wish abandon ship was still in the game. I can’t even count the number of times I wanted to kill myself while playing with pubbies and wasn’t able to. Very disappointing! The little escape pods fleeing the saucer section was a really nice touch too...

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Cryptic officially announced the The Legendary Romulan Captain Bundle. Boost a rom straight to 65, and unlock the Legendary Light Intel Warbird. On sale for 6k zen until Jube (sic)15th.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Jube is my birthday.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Shady's back

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1271464778968502279

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

Is that Space Bret The Hitman Hart?

I might have channeled him a bit. The costume was a combo of parts you could only assemble using the liberated borg reman bridge officer that came with the legacy of romulus pack back when that expansion was new. The costume editor had all sorts of things that shouldn't have been available. KDF aligned if that was a factor, I never did the Fed side for a rommie.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

So I found out a fun combo, the Terran Impulse Engines have a proc on them that gives you +100 all resistances every time a subsystem goes offline. I use Override Subsystem Safeties constantly, and with no downside thanks to my DrainX build. It's really quite nice and gives me a shitload of res when it's up. It also looks really cool when it's on:

https://i.imgur.com/Aj1VnKw.mp4

HD version (imgur sucks): https://gfycat.com/flashyeasykiwi

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eeeeeeh maybe I'll get it. I really like te olde warbird, and even if my main is a klankreman I could use the boost to get a fedrom somewhat playable. Might have to spend some real money though and :effort:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Eeeeeeh maybe I'll get it. I really like te olde warbird, and even if my main is a klankreman I could use the boost to get a fedrom somewhat playable. Might have to spend some real money though and :effort:
I'm just pissed that it's such a bad price compared to the previous legendary ship pack. $200 is a lot, but it at least gave you 10 ships. $20 per ship is a much better deal than $60 for a ship, and the other stuff they're giving doesn't look like it's worth $40.

And I really do want the warbird, but I'm not sure I want it that much.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah if it included a legendary d'deridex or something too it'd be a no brainer, but whelp.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

g0del posted:

I'm just pissed that it's such a bad price compared to the previous legendary ship pack. $200 is a lot, but it at least gave you 10 ships. $20 per ship is a much better deal than $60 for a ship, and the other stuff they're giving doesn't look like it's worth $40.

And I really do want the warbird, but I'm not sure I want it that much.

The thing is, despite $200 for 10 ships technically breaking down to $20 per ship, they would never actually sell them individually for $20 each. That's less than they sell your common t6 ship for, so they would never do it for a "legendary ship". You are only getting that price breakdown because you are buying the entire bundle, so that kind of comparison will never really make sense. But I agree the stuff they are tossing in with the bird of prey is pretty much vendor trash.

On a completely unrelated note: as this game starts to get older I think about all the monies I have spent on these pixels and that after it shuts down not being able to play with them anymore. I hope the people with the technical know-how can grab the data/code/whatever they need to run an EMU. They won't be able to legally sell ships, so I'm guessing they will just make them all freely available in the ship vendor for EC or whatever and then we can still fly them again in cyber-heaven.

greasythepirate fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 13, 2020

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

greasythepirate posted:

The thing is, despite $200 for 10 ships technically breaking down to $20 per ship, they would never actually sell them individually for $20 each. That's less than they sell your common t6 ship for, so they would never do it for a "legendary ship". You are only getting that price breakdown because you are buying the entire bundle, so that kind of comparison will never really make sense. But I agree the stuff they are tossing in with the bird of prey is pretty much vendor trash.

On a completely unrelated note: as this game starts to get older I think about all the monies I have spent on these pixels and that after it shuts down not being able to play with them anymore. I hope the people with the technical know-how can grab the data/code/whatever they need to run an EMU. They won't be able to legally sell ships, so I'm guessing they will just make them all freely available in the ship vendor for EC or whatever and then we can still fly them again in cyber-heaven.
I agree that they probably wouldn't sell single legendary ships for $20 when regular T6 ships are $30. But $120, on sale at $60 is really pushing it. Regularly $60, on sale at $40 might be more reasonable. Or as Asimo pointed out, throw in a legendary* D'deridex and another legendary ship.

Also, I'm probably partially salty because the admiralty dil nerf means that it's harder to get free ships for clicking while I watch TV.

* Preferably one that's actually decent to use.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

g0del posted:

I agree that they probably wouldn't sell single legendary ships for $20 when regular T6 ships are $30. But $120, on sale at $60 is really pushing it. Regularly $60, on sale at $40 might be more reasonable. Or as Asimo pointed out, throw in a legendary* D'deridex and another legendary ship.

Also, I'm probably partially salty because the admiralty dil nerf means that it's harder to get free ships for clicking while I watch TV.

* Preferably one that's actually decent to use.

I completely agree the "regular price" is too high. Part of me also believes the "regular price" isn't really intended to even be bought; I think it's just their way of trying to rush people to buy it before the price goes up. Having absolutely no evidence to back this up, I believe the majority of purchases of this ship/pack will be during the sale price. And because they know that, I think they will regularly put it "on sale" again...so it actually sells.

And yes I also wish they would have released a real Rom ship bundle with the DD!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's pretty blatantly a way to have limited time sales and getting that FOMO panic without actually being "limited". And if they do sell a few at the absurdly overinflated price, hey, more money for them.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I slept on the Burnham armor for way too long.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Potential BFF posted:

I slept on the Burnham armor for way too long.

Yeah, that tends to be the go-to armor for most builds these days; slapping on the Na'Kuhl shield (and weapon if you want the two-piece) and a weapon of choice make for a decent ground combo.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The environment suit's basically the best one of those by far too, don't forget it. Same stats, just lower damage resistances and some extra environmental damage resists (like all environment suits).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Or be really lazy like me and simply keep using the Dyson rep armor & environmental suits you got several years ago. Works well enough and since the system has to cater to people using green mk 12 gear, you're all good.

Now that I think about it I've never used the commando spec either. Changing spec for content was :effort:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I'm a big fan of the TDI dual pistols, since dual pistols have the highest base damage in the game and they are the only ones with a 35m range. They've also got four separate attacks (Main, Secondary Exploit (with or without 7 chroniton charges), tertiary AoE expose), the 2-set bonus is really fantastic if you have a lot of DoTs as well. I've got so many procs at this point the info panel doesn't even fit on my screen anymore, it's absurd

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:laffo: some people are still *so mad* about this.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Asimo posted:

Why? I mean, he's not great, but he can placehold just fine until I can afford/find a tac with good space traits to replace him. I already found a nice Gorn to be my away team melee boff; watching him lunge feet first at people is a hoot.

e: Also, my ship has seats for 5 space boffs, because I spent zen on a T6 ship instead of boffs. What does this handy guide propose I do?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 15, 2020

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

Why? I mean, he's not great, but he can placehold just fine until I can afford/find a tac with good space traits to replace him. I already found a nice Gorn to be my away team melee boff; watching him lunge feet first at people is a hoot.

It's because they want their BOFFs to be all :females: for their fantasy harem.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hmm, in 2 days I finish the latest T6 coupon. Which means I'd have enough Lobi to get a ship next 20% off Lobi Sale. I'm torn between the Bastille and the Vengeance. Both look good (the primary concern when playing space barbie STO), but the Vengeance has a better trait, and honestly I'm pretty full up on good Science ships now.

The Paradox, Astika and Husnock Warship come in a close second for looks, and all have pretty good traits too. I'll likely never get the lobi for a ship again, so it's a tough choice.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Coming Soon™, Bridge Officer Simulator 2020 !

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/537800/view/2376159645209747298

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1176710/Space_Crew/

Demo available June 16th.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

This is one of the reasons I’m using both Tovan and his sister as major characters in the LP.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Soviet Commubot posted:

Don't they know that harems need eunuchs as guards? Appoint TK as head of security.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Soviet Commubot posted:

This isn't a joke BTW folks, not remotely. We got them to admit as such in the rage threads that used to exist on the official forums. Probably some posts of us laughing and talking about it in some older version of the SA STO thread.

Tovan was a great mandatory bridge officer though. Great stats for a starter plus you could make some great creations with him:

Why yes I played Saints Row a lot. Why do you ask?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I started playing this because I miss Star Trek and wanted to play starship dress up but the game feels really incoherent and I have no idea what I’m building towards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Being absolutely incoherent is a Cryotic Studios trademark. As for what you're building towards... don't worry about it until you're actually at the level cap. Put the same sort of weapons on your ship (like "phaser dual heavy cannons and turrets" or "polaron beam arrays") maybe with a torpedo up front too, set your weapon power to 100, use tactical consoles that boost your guns' energy type, and you're basically good to go and experiment with everything else in the meanwhile.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hello Sailor posted:

e: Also, my ship has seats for 5 space boffs, because I spent zen on a T6 ship instead of boffs. What does this handy guide propose I do?
Tovan is written into a bunch of the cutscenes for the Romulan story missions, so to prevent breaking them he can't be dismissed. As others already pointed out, this drives certain people insane, even though you never have to actually see him once you have more than 4 boff slots available and finish the Rom story missions.

As for how this works, and about your ship with seats for 5 boffs, when a new character starts it can only have 4 boffs. As you level up, more boff slots are unlocked (and you can buy even more for zen if you really need the largest harem bridge crew). The trick in the linked image uses some really expensive packs which give you free Romulan boffs to basically fill out the 4 beginner slots before you pick up Tovan. This probably does horrible things to Romulan mission cutscenes, and probably leads to all sorts of other weirdness because :cryptic:, but will allow you to have a waifu list unsullied by potential rivals.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Every time I log into STO I'm terrified that a MALE with a WORKING PENIS will steal my video game bridge bunny sex slaves away from me."

This brief summary of the hate against Tovan Khev was brought to you by today's sponsor: Brawndo, it's got what plants crave.

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

I haven't played this game since the F2P launch. I logged in on an old character and the UI had a seizure of notifications, so I think it might be best to start fresh.

Does Tact/Eng/Sci career matter at all? I seem to remember tactical was the always the best choice, no matter what ship you wanted to fly.
Also I'm thinking I might play a Romulan, since I missed the launch of that expansion. Is there still a huge lack of content if you play/join the KDF?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In theory all the classes are viable and can clear all content just fine. In practice just roll a tac, you'll do twice+ the damage of the other two with no real downsides for it because damage mechanics in this game are designed by madmen.

As for faction... well, if you're romulan it doesn't really matter too much? Klank-aligned has a few perks like being able to get the best console in the game for a pittance off the exchange instead of off a crapoy lockbox ship and thebklank version of boats tending to be slightly better due to having cloaks, but Feds still have a lot of subtle entrenched advantages like most of the recent lockbox/promo ships being fed-only, a much better home hub to navigate, not having to be stuck with hideous loving Disco Klingon ships, having no access to the giant legendary shil bundle, and so on. My main for the past few years has been a klankreman and while I don't regret it there's still a lot of occasional things that make it obvious Cryptic doesn't put a whole lot of effort into klank stuff. :shrug:

Also keep in mind everyone can use warbirds now, but being romulan proper is still the best option. It's just not as big a gap these days due to new boff options making SRO boffs standout less and jem'hadar starting at high level instead of 1.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Asimo posted:

In theory all the classes are viable and can clear all content just fine. In practice just roll a tac, you'll do twice+ the damage of the other two with no real downsides for it because damage mechanics in this game are designed by madmen.

As for faction... well, if you're romulan it doesn't really matter too much? Klank-aligned has a few perks like being able to get the best console in the game for a pittance off the exchange instead of off a crapoy lockbox ship and thebklank version of boats tending to be slightly better due to having cloaks, but Feds still have a lot of subtle entrenched advantages like most of the recent lockbox/promo ships being fed-only, a much better home hub to navigate, not having to be stuck with hideous loving Disco Klingon ships, having no access to the giant legendary shil bundle, and so on. My main for the past few years has been a klankreman and while I don't regret it there's still a lot of occasional things that make it obvious Cryptic doesn't put a whole lot of effort into klank stuff. :shrug:

I think the only argument against rolling a Tac would be if you want to do a Scihole build, where an Engineer's extra ability to boost power levels can contibute to that damage.

But I mainly roll Sci/Eng captains myself.