Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homestuck will wake and it will destroy us all. We few who remain faithful shall be the first to die so that we may be spared the torment that follows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

No but seriously Hussie make with the finale while we can all still remember what this comic is about.

I've been following a lot of "Let's Read" blogs of Homestuck so I don't forget the plot.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

I've been following a lot of "Let's Read" blogs of Homestuck so I don't forget the plot.

Reading about other people reading webcomics.... That's Epic!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I prefer just reading about you reading about other people reading Homestuck.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

I prefer just reading about you reading about other people reading Homestuck.

Okay. I will be sure to write lots of words about my experience, just for you.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Thank you.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bobulus posted:

Okay. I will be sure to write lots of words about my experience, just for you.

Liveblogging a liveblog. We're reaching critical mass here, folks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bobulus posted:

That's just...sad.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Posting about reading other people posting about reading other people reading Homestuck.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Liveblogging a liveblog. We're reaching critical mass here, folks.

I think I might liveblog this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'll create the Homestuck liveblogging wiki, to know who's who, what are the current theories and ships, etc.

Depressingly, it probably exists already.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

I'll create the Homestuck liveblogging wiki, to know who's who, what are the current theories and ships, etc.

Depressingly, it probably exists already.

I swear I heard of such a thing mentioned in this thread before.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Regy Rusty posted:

I swear I heard of such a thing mentioned in this thread before.

For a while, Dante Basco was blogging his reactions to Homestuck on Tumblr. And for that while, Hussie started putting messages for him in the site's layout.

My browser's spell check did not like ANY of that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

For a while, Dante Basco was blogging his reactions to Homestuck on Tumblr. And for that while, Hussie started putting messages for him in the site's layout.

My browser's spell check did not like ANY of that.

Yeah and it was pretty great when he got to the page of Andrew kissing him.

But that's not a wiki collecting liveblogs from different sources.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah and it was pretty great when he got to the page of Andrew kissing him.

But that's not a wiki collecting liveblogs from different sources.

Indeed.

I have no idea why I quoted your post.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There was a Tumblr compiling all of the other Tumblr liveblogs, but apparently the people running it have Actual Lives now and no longer maintain it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YggiDee posted:

There was a Tumblr compiling all of the other Tumblr liveblogs, but apparently the people running it have Actual Lives now and no longer maintain it.

Hah! Losers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

YggiDee posted:

but apparently the people running it have Actual Lives now and no longer maintain it.

Come on now, you know better than that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sorry, did I come across as derisive? I think it's good that people have enough other things going on in their lives that they don't have to compile bizarrely focused blog lists as a hobby. Unless they want to, I guess?
It's me, I'm the person who can't discern tone on the Internet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What I mean is, having an actual life is probably not part of the equation.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The way I figured it, people have literally started and graduated high school in the time span since Homestuck started. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

They moved on to making Game Grumps Animated shorts.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

YggiDee posted:

The way I figured it, people have literally started and graduated high school in the time span since Homestuck started. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

God, that makes me feel old. I'm pretty sure I didn't even start reading this thing until I got to college and that was three-four years ago at this point

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
http://mspaforums.com/showthread.php?56142-HS-Liveblog-Discussion-III-Act-6-Return-of-the-Absence

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AlrIfsbut8yzdEg0QXZWQmlGN1BpSGpoRXg0WVZOaWc

tinaun fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 7, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm going print out every page of Homestuck, and livestream myself eating them, in order to get notes on Tumblr.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Just don't get a paper cut on your tongue.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Angry Walrus posted:

Just don't get a paper cut on your tongue.

Don't worry, Homestuck is far too dull for that.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Don't worry, Homestuck is far too dull for that.

That was clever. I laughed. thank you.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I actually follow a couple of liveblogs; my favorite one is Land of Boredom and Confusion, LOBAC for short. She's pretty smart and funny: she managed to predict a number of things (Dad Egbert's death, Karkat's blood color, the connection between Lord English and the Felt...) while still being entertaining. It's nice to see how people react to the same scenes that I appreciated back in the day.

So ya'll haters can eat it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

I actually follow a couple of liveblogs; my favorite one is Land of Boredom and Confusion, LOBAC for short. She's pretty smart and funny: she managed to predict a number of things (Dad Egbert's death, Karkat's blood color, the connection between Lord English and the Felt...) while still being entertaining. It's nice to see how people react to the same scenes that I appreciated back in the day.

So ya'll haters can eat it.

that was ok for a while then it got really tiresome after it became apparent that the blog was run by a teenage girl. streams of emoji and capslock get old after a while

also it looks like we get to have a good paradox space this week from zack morrison

KoB
May 1, 2009
Its really great that people are getting all in a tizzy about people reading about people reading the comic when youre reading a thread about people reading a comic.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Also, per FF's request for updates: I found another liveblog over the weekend and proceeded to read the entire thing in a day, because it is fun to see which plot points they see coming and which catch them completely by surprise.

Also where they fall on the adore/hate Vriska index.

This one started hating Vriska, and eventually moved to the 'Vriska did nothing wrong' camp, going so far as to hate Tavros for failing to stand up to her for so long.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

MSPA: Be more meta

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Plom Bar posted:

MSPA: Be more meta

You cannot "Be more meta" as you are busy being pedantic about dumb crap nobody cares about due to lulls in the comic!

>

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

This one started hating Vriska, and eventually moved to the 'Vriska did nothing wrong' camp, going so far as to hate Tavros for failing to stand up to her for so long.

I'm glad they came around to the truth.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The entirety of Homestuck was just a psychology experiment to gather data on victim-blaming and rationalizing abuse from the perspective of an observer. Homestuck will never finish because Hussie has enough data for his thesis now.

Who is the victim and who is the abuser is obvious and probably says a whole bunch about you, you terrible person.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Guys I just got a shirt in the mail with "#5401" written on it, think it means anything?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Homestuck will finish in the year 5,401.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005401

That clears everything up.