Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

sean10mm posted:

E: whoops, nm

Theres a bug where sometimes weapon upgrades dont update the weapon name, but if you look at the stats the masterwork upgrade is still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
What is the bonus to masterwork weapons? I played my whole game with unique weapons so didn't bother with the final upgrade at that point as I figured it wouldn't apply.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What is the bonus to masterwork weapons? I played my whole game with unique weapons so didn't bother with the final upgrade at that point as I figured it wouldn't apply.

extra +1 damage iirc and they do apply to unique weapons

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Yes it's one more damage, so it's worth it.

It's been said already but the "rescue then extract a VP" missions are a bit weird right now. You don't get shown the evac point and as soon as you extract the VP reinforcements come.
So it's better to just leave the VP untouched and kill as many enemies as you can first, and you can't really guess where to put your units either.

It's not terrible or anything, just strange design. It punishes you for rescuing the VP almost.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Taear posted:

So it's better to just leave the VP untouched and kill as many enemies as you can first, and you can't really guess where to put your units either.

You can kind of tell where the enemy entrance points probably are, but killing everyone on the map before approaching the VIP is usually prudent.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Megazver posted:

You can kind of tell where the enemy entrance points probably are, but killing everyone on the map before approaching the VIP is usually prudent.

I mean more you can't guess where to put your units so you can escape before the reinforcements come.
Often it's where you came in, but not always!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

extra +1 damage iirc and they do apply to unique weapons

It's an extra +1 damage and shredder. I think all weapons count as tier 1 for the purposes of shredder and only remove 1 armor per shot though. Either way, it's handy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I absolutely beefed it on one mission so I sent my B squad to the next one.

There's a chance I am in an unwinnable mission. It's a 3-stage one where you have to prevent people from escaping.
First encounter is no problem but the second room has three Sorcerers, a bomber, two Cobras, a Necro, a bunch of thralls and a couple of troopers.

I've tried and tried but I cannot make it with my team comp of Terminal, Cherub, Torque and Axiom.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Started second playthrough to use the agents I didn't get the first time around. Got motile inducer in the first investigation instead of the last :woop:

Does Claymore's 'one grenade per encounter' talent also affect utility throwables like the inducer?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Forgive me if this is obvious, but I can't figure it out. In Chimera Squad, I keep seeing the enemy's whole lifebar blinking away to indicate that I should be killing them, only to be thwarted by armor that leaves them with 1 health. I think there are little yellow symbols next to the health bar that indicate armor, but I am trying to put it together into something cogent so I can easily digest if someone is going to get dead if my attack is successful. Is there a way?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Psykmoe posted:

Started second playthrough to use the agents I didn't get the first time around. Got motile inducer in the first investigation instead of the last :woop:

Does Claymore's 'one grenade per encounter' talent also affect utility throwables like the inducer?

No, just grenades. His final perk totally works on them, though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Magnetic North posted:

Forgive me if this is obvious, but I can't figure it out. In Chimera Squad, I keep seeing the enemy's whole lifebar blinking away to indicate that I should be killing them, only to be thwarted by armor that leaves them with 1 health. I think there are little yellow symbols next to the health bar that indicate armor, but I am trying to put it together into something cogent so I can easily digest if someone is going to get dead if my attack is successful. Is there a way?

Check the damage range on your gun. Each gun can hit for 3 different damage values at any point, so if all the health bars are flashing it could only be a 33% kill chance. (Assuming its weighted evenly. I think xcom 2 was 25/50/25?)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Magnetic North posted:

Not really. Guns have a damage range and the bar will flash for what the max non-crit damage will be for a shot. The flashing does already take armor into account for what it's worth, each pip negates 1 damage.

And since crits are only +1 damage by default if you're only just killing something with a max roll (say a 6 hp enemy at the beginning of the game with a shotgun) you can actually crit for 5 and not kill it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

Similar to what I said before that it shows the bar flashing for effectively "max damage".
It's pretty annoying because I keep leaving enemies with one health.

I'm glad that so many of the characters have so many uses, I'm swapping my squad around a lot and still having fun no matter who is with me, although I feel Terminal might be the most indespensible.
Quite near the end now and it's got very easy (which I'm down with). I wish the game made clearer earlier on that grenades AREN'T an action point any more. With Claymore you can do some crazy poo poo, especially at max level.

I will say Blueblood is probably the strongest by the end though, being able to shoot twice (or shoot at every single enemy you can see) is insane.

Oh and reinforcements crash my game so often, it's really annoying.

Taear fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 2, 2020

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Overwatching the reinforcement position is a pretty consistent cause of crashing. Sometimes you can get away with it and get your free shots, but half the time it's a crash and I needed to load an older save to issue a different order.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Taear posted:

I will say Blueblood is probably the strongest by the end though, being able to shoot twice (or shoot at every single enemy you can see) is insane.
Toward the last third of the game, Blueblood (especially with the Lightning Hands pistol) along with Terminal and a Motile Inducer basically trivializes any one encounter.

During the breach, I send Terminal first, and Blueblood last. Then:

1. Terminal: Cooperation on Blueblood
2. Blueblood: Team Up on self
3. Blueblood: Faceoff (damages/kills up to 5 enemies)
4. Terminal: Motile Inducer on Blueblood
5. Blueblood: Free Reload
6. Blueblood: Lightning Hands (finish off an enemy)
7. Blueblood: Regular Shot (finish off another one)
oh, look, now it's Blueblood's turn!
8. Blueblood: Deadeye (finish off another one)
9. Blueblood: Regular Shot or Phase Strike or honestly whatever because most things he can see should be dead or dying by now
10. Terminal: Chain Shot if anything survived

...not to mention throwing two grenades. I usually have a Shock Grenade and a Flashbang on these two, just in case I spot anything that they won't kill. I really don't like enemies getting a turn.

I also have Claymore and Zephyr in my party, because they're both very good at cleaning up weakened enemies. But really, any two agents would work fine with this duo.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Why not just use the damage grenades? Frag/plasma really do outstrip everything else for much the same reason BlueBlood is so OP; it's a free action to put out guaranteed dmg. Not to mention the cover removal and shred.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Yea I do similar with Blueblood and Terminal.
Terminal is the only one who I feel like I specifically miss if she's out of the team though because nobody else really functions as a healer in the same way as she does. When it's late game (and quite easy) I don't need her as much but I still think she's always worth having along regardless.

I do wish there were more choices when levelling, it's a shame most levels are just a single choice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Taear posted:

Yea I do similar with Blueblood and Terminal.
Terminal is the only one who I feel like I specifically miss if she's out of the team though because nobody else really functions as a healer in the same way as she does. When it's late game (and quite easy) I don't need her as much but I still think she's always worth having along regardless.

I do wish there were more choices when levelling, it's a shame most levels are just a single choice.

If each level had an option, that definitely might be better. Maybe another tier or two also, but otherwise it's fine. It'd make some of the weaker character feel a little less muddled if there was more room to give them more choice.

Some skills also need tweaking and better tuning.

Edit: More trainings too or an exclusive choice of basic trainings as while +2 health is generally good, getting Aim, Dodge or Cit training where they might not otherwise get any might also be good.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 2, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I gave Patchwork an assault rifle with serial and a superior stock and she murdered five people without trying

Serial's p broken in this lol

e: I got a motile from a mission reward and the game didn't actually give it to me, how do I use the console to add it?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I gave Patchwork an assault rifle with serial and a superior stock and she murdered five people without trying

Serial's p broken in this lol

e: I got a motile from a mission reward and the game didn't actually give it to me, how do I use the console to add it?

I gave mine the other AR with Banish, put on a superior exmag and she deleted the Sacred Coil boss in one go, it was pretty funny. Although Serial is probably more often useful. I gave that AR to Verge because I figured all the +Aim from neural network would let me take some dumb shots when using it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I figured out how to give myself a motile but it's still not actually available as a loadout option so welp guess I'm just not using one!

e: Lol the game removed my ap rounds when I added a smg so I could take it off Torque since she's in training and also barfed redscreen errors at me

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 2, 2020

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

Toward the last third of the game, Blueblood (especially with the Lightning Hands pistol) along with Terminal and a Motile Inducer basically trivializes any one encounter.

During the breach, I send Terminal first, and Blueblood last. Then:

1. Terminal: Cooperation on Blueblood
2. Blueblood: Team Up on self
3. Blueblood: Faceoff (damages/kills up to 5 enemies)
4. Terminal: Motile Inducer on Blueblood
5. Blueblood: Free Reload
6. Blueblood: Lightning Hands (finish off an enemy)
7. Blueblood: Regular Shot (finish off another one)
oh, look, now it's Blueblood's turn!
8. Blueblood: Deadeye (finish off another one)
9. Blueblood: Regular Shot or Phase Strike or honestly whatever because most things he can see should be dead or dying by now
10. Terminal: Chain Shot if anything survived

...not to mention throwing two grenades. I usually have a Shock Grenade and a Flashbang on these two, just in case I spot anything that they won't kill. I really don't like enemies getting a turn.

I also have Claymore and Zephyr in my party, because they're both very good at cleaning up weakened enemies. But really, any two agents would work fine with this duo.

this + character with serial and bluescreen rounds

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

So I just tried to do Up Close and Personal achievement which is to eliminate everyone via melee but I didn't get it. I'm guessing you can't hit anyone during the Breach period as well?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Second playthrough so far: Just finished second investigation. First mission on third (Progeny), 21 captures out of 24 enemies total. I love tranq rounds. The captured:killed ratio for this cmapaign is going to look pretty funny.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Strong Sauce posted:

So I just tried to do Up Close and Personal achievement which is to eliminate everyone via melee but I didn't get it. I'm guessing you can't hit anyone during the Breach period as well?

Correct, just rush everyone to cover except Zephyr if you have her

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well, GiveAllItems got me the item and unbroke my characters, but also I have, well, all items. I'll just pretend the epic weapons aren't there lol

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Psykmoe posted:

Yes Claymore gets 2 uses of Motile and any other utility grenade. And if you don't use a regular grenade type it will refresh use between encounters. I love feeding my Run n Gun Godmother actions to delete a room round 1.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think I just permanently hosed Torque, God drat it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Psykmoe posted:

Refreshing grenades per encounter only applies to Grenades.

His capstone that gives all items an extra charge applies to everything though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I had a bug with her where she lost her venom spit abilities. It was weird.
Still one of the best $10 games I ever bought. Loved it.
Sequel/expansion now please

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Just so everyone knows Motile Inducer IS A GRENADE and all grenade abilities apply to it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

xlol from cspam

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

ccubed posted:

Just so everyone knows Motile Inducer IS A GRENADE and all grenade abilities apply to it.

rooted turned burning shredded disoriented fragged sticked grenade. AND lets put a silencer on it as a finishing touch.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ccubed posted:

It's called AidBeacon in the object list too.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
edit: well gently caress, I shoulda been using Claymore more apparently.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 2, 2020

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There is a mod that fixes all the missing item bugs, I have linked it a few times.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2080261187

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Chimera Squad Long War. Imagine.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Peachfart posted:

There is a mod that fixes all the missing item bugs, I have linked it a few times.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2080261187

I have that installed, it didn't help at all unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Game is, in hidsight, so easy& short that LW might actually have a point here. Except that they'd have to come to terms with not being allowed to kill the squad, ever.