Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Iced Cocoa posted:

And I'm on the same boat as all the others, didn't feel like Lost Light was a thing until this issue and the issue before it. But I'm still going to miss TAAO/Scott, that was a good run of comics. It feels like LL is now just running on inertia of old popularity. Hopefully the quality of the Mutineers will pass over to the Rod Squad when the focus turns back on them.

Loved the Death's Head reference in this issue.

The reason I've loved these last two issues is because it's the first time since MtMtE 50 that the book's not focused on Rodimus and chums or new OCs. The little bits with Thunderclash, Hound, Xaaron were all really well done and you can now hang an arc or an issue around those three if you want. Atomiser was the real star here though, his face in the last panel after Getaway does what he did was gold. Also, I'd never really dug Jack Lawrence's art, but man, he nailed Getaway this time given that he's a bot with no facial features except eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The reason I've loved these last two issues is because it's the first time since MtMtE 50 that the book's not focused on Rodimus and chums or new OCs. The little bits with Thunderclash, Hound, Xaaron were all really well done and you can now hang an arc or an issue around those three if you want. Atomiser was the real star here though, his face in the last panel after Getaway does what he did was gold. Also, I'd never really dug Jack Lawrence's art, but man, he nailed Getaway this time given that he's a bot with no facial features except eyes

Yeah, in these issues the conflict actually felt meaningful and real, while in the first nine issues of LL it felt more like some sort of setup for future issues, and while it did have conflict it didn't feel personal enough, not something to really be invested in. Those issues feel like taking notes for the season finale instead of the real and currently-ongoing crisis on board the Lost Light ship itself. It's like that Roberts couldn't figure out how to mix those two together, how to be invested in the conflict happening now instead of wondering how this will effect the next season/continuation (Megatron), or the season finale (Scorponok/Third faction).

And yeah, Lawrence really did nail the expressions there. You could feel just what Getaway was himself feeling for each twist and turn, and with the focus on Atomizer in the end, you know, with the scripting + well done expressions (on a guy even less capable of expressions than Getaway), that Atomizer is most likely going to play a big role in the next issue.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

The most likely senario is that they will do a "soft reboot/phase shift" a la Death of Optimus Prime, i.e. have Barberts close out their runs, then bring someone new on. They'll also probably go back to just having one ongoing as well.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I was pretty excited this year buying xmas presents for my nephew as he is old enough to be getting interested in transformers.

My wife, seeing my enthusiasm for something from my own childhood was kind enough to buy me my first transformer figure since I was a child, and has done an excellent job and got me a MPP10 Optimus Prime for xmas.

It will be kind of lonely on my shelf though and I was thinking of getting a large combiner of some kind to keep it company. I see that the giftlove aliexpress store that was recommended on here has that JinBao Oversized Bruticus/Warbotron for a little over $100 and that seems reasonable to me. Other things have caught my eye as well like the dinobot combiners and that big white metroplex but they just seems crazy expensive. Most of the stuff Im interested in seems to be in the G1 Masterpiece sort of style I think.

I see that an OS Megatron type is in the works as well so I'll have to add that to my list.

Thoughts/Recommendations? Like I said I dont have a collection so Im pretty flexible if someone wants to point out some must have figures for future purchases.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bruticus is always a great decision.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah the OS Bruticus is excellent. I just pulled it off the shelf to display as individual bots for a while and he's fun as hell to mess with. I can't wait for their KO of Gravity Builder.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

When you have to move the goal posts to account for a loss of quality it's not a great sign. Roberts used to be, you were eager to read the next issue. Now you need 3 or 4 issues to form anything conclusive.

This has never been true, IMO. Early MTMTE was just as much of a long game as Lost Light. I learned early on to wait and read the story arcs in one go. Sounds like a lot of other people have, too, judging by the sales per issue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Forget third party combiners, you need to get combiner wars devastator. It's nearly perfect, the only real flaw is the individual bots are kinda butts, the combined mode is godlike though. It's also very big, and can hold lots of poses.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

Forget third party combiners, you need to get combiner wars devastator. It's nearly perfect, the only real flaw is the individual bots are kinda butts, the combined mode is godlike though. It's also very big, and can hold lots of poses.

I'm not going to lie

If any KO group made an oversized version of that behemoth I'd have to take it.

It'd be 4 feet tall and basically have to have ratchet joints made of steel to keep standing but goddamn if it wouldn't be wonderful

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

He's excellent for sure but having handled Toyworld's Devastator he wins it for me. At some point I'll start selling my duplicate combiners for the "ultimate" version and TW or the OS Gravity Builder will probably be that for me.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Well Im a weak willed individual. While out xmas shopping I decided to check out more transformers and it turns out if you stand in front of them long enough they just start jumping in your cart all by themselves. I swear. It was like magic.

So I ended up with these:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sedgr posted:

Well Im a weak willed individual. While out xmas shopping I decided to check out more transformers and it turns out if you stand in front of them long enough they just start jumping in your cart all by themselves. I swear. It was like magic.

So I ended up with these:

Really jealous about that Blitzwing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Keldroc posted:

This has never been true, IMO. Early MTMTE was just as much of a long game as Lost Light. I learned early on to wait and read the story arcs in one go. Sounds like a lot of other people have, too, judging by the sales per issue.

I dunno. Early on MTMTE had me really engaged. The characters were funny and likable and he was full of ideas and kept expanding on the lore. I know I'm a broken record but all the fake out deaths really started to lose me. I'm was on the edge of my seat in the beginning, because I liked these characters and it seemed like anyone could die and the stakes were exciting. But as we all know, that only works for so long before it wears out and you started to realize that death is meaningless.

My enthusiasm gradually faded. Maybe the point where the book went wrong was when Rewind was brought back. Sure, he's a Harry Kim duplicate and not really the same exact Rewind, but Rewind's death was really heartbreaking and that undoes that. It's like wish fulfillment. Often times in life, you'll lose someone you love, but as much as you want it, they are never coming back.

I guess it's Search for Spock syndrome. I mean, I had stoped subscribing to superhero comics a couple years before MTMTE because nothing seemed to matter.

The the other thing is that Chromedome and Rewind worked really well but... all the stuff with Cyclonus, Tailgate and Getaway just made me feel uncomfortable.

I guess it's kinda funny that I have no hangups over men loving each other but a huge age difference just makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe that's just a problem with me and not the book. It's just that... I dunno, Cyclonus strikes me as an old man and Tailgate is really childlike. I know, they're million year old robots. This is probably just me imagining things and being weird. I don't want to get into a fight about this so if you feel differently, that's cool. I'm just describing how it made me feel, that's it.

Getaway in particular is extremely creepy as you are all aware. Yeah, I know, that's the idea and it's done on purpose. It's just... I dunno if I want to read that kind of stuff in a Transformers book. Maybe that's a little too real...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I got the Tribute 07 Leader Optimus for 30 bucks on Amazon Black Friday, and boy, this sure is a toy in the approximate neighborhood of Movie Prime. The leap from this thing to the ROTF leader is actually insane in just two years.

I should take a picture of him, the ROTF/Jetwing DOTM Leader, and the MPM soon.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I ended up picking up Seaspray today. He's a fun little bot and the transformation is really fun and simple. I think I like it more than Brawn's even.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Good Listener posted:

I ended up picking up Seaspray today. He's a fun little bot and the transformation is really fun and simple. I think I like it more than Brawn's even.

He so is!!!! I'm debating on picking up TR Cosmos.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know people are down on the crossover stuff, but I really enjoyed Rom vs. The Transformers. In particular, Convoy was an interesting angle the series handled pretty well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

pubic works project posted:

If you don’t have him already, why wouldn’t you?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

PWP was not collecting Transformers when Generations Cosmos was out the first time. He's a fairly recent regular poster... maybe he's the Taint Reaper?!?:tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoosh.

I just signed up for Biolife, a "we pay you for your plasma" service. Turns out I'm B- which is pretty rare so I get a bonus for every time I sell my blood. This was my first visit so there was a bonus for that as well. So I just got a check big enough to cover MP Dinobot for 45 minutes of my time.

I'm literally selling blood for toys now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Transformers: I'm literally selling blood for toys now.

Make it so.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Well I was looking at a couple of 3P Cosmos's. But I think I'll get TR Cosmos since Brawn and Seaspray are so fun.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

PWP was not collecting Transformers when Generations Cosmos was out the first time. He's a fairly recent regular poster... maybe he's the Taint Reaper?!?:tinfoil:

Lmao I don't know who Taint Reaper is, but it's not me. I usually stick to the sports forums, but my love for comics and Transformers has been re-kindled recently...by my wife of all people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Generations Cosmos is the best Generations figure hands down. I still have an extra one MOC in case I break my first one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheDK posted:

Transformers: I'm literally selling blood for toys now.

not emptyquoting

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

Whoosh.

I just signed up for Biolife, a "we pay you for your plasma" service. Turns out I'm B- which is pretty rare so I get a bonus for every time I sell my blood. This was my first visit so there was a bonus for that as well. So I just got a check big enough to cover MP Dinobot for 45 minutes of my time.

I'm literally selling blood for toys now.

Tangential, but how did you not know your own blood type? That's kind of important.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
80's Action Figure Names Derived by Neural Network
More 80's Action Figure Names Derived by Neural Network

This is important.

e: I'm Pumble Cat

Phy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 1, 2017

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Tangential, but how did you not know your own blood type? That's kind of important.
I don't know mine :ohdear:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

I was aware but I honestly had no idea B- was rare/special. I've never been sick or injured and have never donated blood so yeah, not really a thing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So what's the difference between the first Cosmos and the TR one? It looks really similar from the pics I see on Amazon.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Slightly different shade of green plastic and no space shuttle buddy

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

So what's the difference between the first Cosmos and the TR one? It looks really similar from the pics I see on Amazon.

TR one doesn't come with a tow shuttle minicon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

There's pretty much no situation where you'll need to know your blood type that it can't also be checked immediately.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

TheDK posted:

I don't know mine :ohdear:

Yeah me neither and now I'm worried I should know.

Blood type shamed. :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Comfortador posted:

Yeah me neither and now I'm worried I should know.

Blood type shamed. :(

Don't worry dude. I didn't know either. I recently had to get my blood typed since my wife and I are trying to have a kid. Had to do something with the Rh factor or some poo poo. I don't speak medical.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I give blood freely to the Red Cross and honestly only vaguely know what my type is because it's on the card and I'm not a Japanese person who believes that poo poo affects who you are as a person.

Anyhow Targets have PotP now but my closest one didn't have them with the other TFs but had the deluxes as part of a generic endcap with some other stuff facing the Electronics section which has some videogame related Nendoroids in it.

So now I have Swoop and Slag regardless of what names are on the box. (Got Dreadwind last week.) I'm getting super close to having at least a decent version of every character in TFTM now as the Dinobots were just about the only TF characters left I didn't have a good toy of. (Third party has got me an Allicon and a Quintesson. Sadly the Quint helpers went oop well before I was willing to buy them. So I'm now left needing some form of them, Spike, Daniel, and the Lithonians. I am not holding my breath.)

Oddly though back of Swoop card is red torso but the toy is blue. I'm not sure which color works more...

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rhyno posted:

Generations Cosmos is the best Generations figure hands down. I still have an extra one MOC in case I break my first one.
I want to disagree just out of spite, but I can't.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Slightly different shade of green plastic and no space shuttle buddy
The head is apparently red plastic rather than red-painted white, which will save multiple headaches on painting and repainting the fucker.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How about some new exclusives?

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

Don't worry dude. I didn't know either. I recently had to get my blood typed since my wife and I are trying to have a kid. Had to do something with the Rh factor or some poo poo. I don't speak medical.

I've had 7 joint replacements and they tell me my blood type every time and I forget it EVERY time... TF Related, my favorite aunt bought me a MP Prime for my first surgery; cool thing to wake up to.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Those things are niche as poo poo. Also I have no interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Those things are niche as poo poo. Also I have no interest.
How many beers did it take you to work up the courage to post that hot take

Were you shivering as you, white guy who has no idea what they're referencing, typed out you have no interest? Did you have to take a breather? Also durrr, durrrrr