Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

derra posted:

Meighbors

M'neighbors :tipshat:

E: Goddamn it what a lovely snipe. Have someone looking to stir up trouble:

quote:

1. Should I tell my boss I have a crush on him?

Okay, this sounds really bad but I swear it’s not like that. I started this role about a month ago now, and one of my direct managers (I have two) I find wildly attractive. He is a couple years older than me and married with kids. I am in a very happy and loving relationship and would never come between his or leave my own.

That being said, I am a woman in my late 20’s and I will say I know I am far from ugly. I am not trying to flex, I am just being honest with it. I work in a field that’s about 20/700 women vs men. My manager has made a couple comments to me about how the “guys around here aren’t used to seeing women who look like (you) … that’s about all I am allowed to say.” This was very flattering and not in a weird way — we were talking about if how there were issues with guys here, I need to report them right away.

Fast forward to now, we talk every day (work-related) and text here and there (99% work-related) with the occasional picture from his bike ride view. Both my managers communicate with me like this and we joke around with each other often, but it never crosses a line.

I just cannot get over this dumb little crush I have. Do I mention it to him and apologize if anything I do say/do ever comes off inappropriate? I don’t think it has, but I have become very hyperaware of how I am around him and sometimes I struggle to focus. Let me be clear he has never ever fueled this crush of mine, and does talk about his family often.

Troublemaker fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Quackles posted:

quote:

my aunt said she would cut my hair to above my neck and bleach half of my head.

I can’t envision that proposed hairstyle.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for bringing up how strange it was for my wife to lock the guests room with her guest inside?.

quote:

Yesterday, I got off work early at 6pm and went home. When I entered the house I shouted for my wife several times but then figured she was out. I went upstairs and just as I'm making my way into the hallway. I see the guests room door unlock and my wife comes out asking when I got home. I look at her completely puzzled and then look past her and see a dude who turned out to be a guy "ADAM" (a pastor, although he looked young) sitting inside the guest room drinking a glass of water. I ask her who he was and she tells me he's a pastor at the local church and her mom told him to visit us since my wife has been having some issues with faith and so on and needed to talk it out. I was still puzzled I move on tk the next question which was why the guest room was locked and she gives me a shirt answer saying well talk later but I insist. She tells me it's because she wanted privacy and not to be interrupted. Not gonna lie I felt something was off but I couldn't tell what it was exactly. She then asks why I got off work early but I don't reply. I just stare past her and see the dude still drinking from his glass. I stand by the door to greet him and he just sits there and avoid eye contact. My wife then tells to go downstairs and she'll join me shortly.

I go downstairs and 5 minutes later they come downstairs and she leads him to the door. I bring up the locked guests room again and how strange it was but she gets irritated saying that I get no say in how she interacts with her guests and that she didn't get why this was such a thing to get hung up on. We start arguing then she tells me I'm being inconsiderate and rude to even argue with her regarding her guests and how she treats them. She goes back upstairs and we stop talking but I can tell the tension is there.

She keeps saying my attitude towards the whole visit was out of line. Am I wrong for bringing up how strange I found it?.

Some info: for context, I'm not a church goer, neither was she, but due to some issues she had dealt with her mom started taking her and she said this pastor is also a friend of the family.

cheating on the dumbest motherfucker in the world

it's like boxing a toddler, there's no challenge in it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for bringing up how strange it was for my wife to lock the guests room with her guest inside?.

no it's cool she was just bringing him a baked ziti

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

pentyne posted:

no it's cool she was just bringing him a baked ziti

Lol yeah exactly what I was thinking, Father Intintola awkwardly drinking some water while the dude squints his eyes real hard at this head scratcher

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foo Diddley posted:

Her crisis of faith are a lot like headaches so she needs to be healed. I'm sure the priest recommended treatment a few times a week while he is at work for the foreseeable future.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I mean to be fair, how long did Dale not know John redcorn was having an affair with his wife?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cowslips Warren posted:

I mean to be fair, how long did Dale not know John redcorn was having an affair with his wife?

At least the age of Joseph, and counting

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Quackles posted:

It came from the search terms:

AITA for saying no to my aunt cutting/bleaching my hair for her interview with a hair salon?

AITA for cutting my girlfriend’s hair short?

AITA for having my partner cut my hair and then having a barber check her work?

I was six years old and it was the day before my first grade class pictures when my eighteen year old sister, who had taken a few beauty school classes, decided to cut my hair. She kept getting the sides uneven until I had a mohawk and that’s when my father came home and chased her around the house with the scissors screaming that he’d have her arrested for impersonating a hairdresser.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh yeah, when my older sister was a baby my parents tried to style her hair for baby pictures but it wouldn't hold curls and kept sticking up so they gave up and sort of gelled it into place and now she has these baby pictures with a sweet sweet mohawk.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was six years old and it was the day before my first grade class pictures when my eighteen year old sister, who had taken a few beauty school classes, decided to cut my hair. She kept getting the sides uneven until I had a mohawk and that’s when my father came home and chased her around the house with the scissors screaming that he’d have her arrested for impersonating a hairdresser.

Patiently waiting for you to pitch your life to Netflix.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Your life is unreal

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for not buying a new pc for my bf?

quote:

I (24f) live with my boyfriend (27M). For some context: We have been dating for 4 years, and living together for 8 months. We live in an apartment I inherited along with one more other house that I rent out and some cash inheritance.

Now onto the story. Me and my bf, we both love playing video games. We both have full time jobs but still find time to play together as well as seperately with our own friends. He is a much better player than I am, he plays tournaments and competitions whereas I just play for fun.

A few months ago my boyfriend started talking about some new pc and other items he wanted to upgrade his set up and how he was saving up for it. I was okay with it since we have seperate finances. He doesn't pay for the utilities but splits grocery. Which wasn't an issue because I had extra income from the rental property. I thought I could use my inheritance money and get myself an expensive set upgrade as well. I took suggestions from YouTube and some friends. I scheduled the delivery for the day that I knew he won't be home all day. The set up came, they sent someone from the store to set it up for me. I used the pc for a while and it was amazing. My bf came home during the evening and saw my new PC. I was so excited to see his reaction but his face remained very dull. He looked at me and asked why it was on my side of the room. I told him it was because it's mine. He asked me to confirm that I bought his dream pc set up for myself and I said yes. He got visibly mad, but then said, it's useless for you, we should just swap, you don't play well and won't be able to use it to it's full potential, you can have mine. At first, I just laughed, because I genuinely thought he was joking. But when I realised he was being serious I told him no. I said that I bought this for me. He blew up at me and told me that I need to buy the same one for him as well. When I said no again he started yelling about how unfair I was being and how I wouldn't be able to appreciate technology like that since I am too dumb to even understand the specs. By that point I was losing my poo poo so I told him to get out.

He grabbed a few items and left to stay with his best friend. Now his best friend and a few other friends are blowing up my phone saying that as a girl I shouldn't own something so expensive that I don't understand and I could buy him the same set up since I can afford it due to the inheritance. I don't have any loans so it's not like I am saving the money for something particular in the future, which is making me doubt if I was TA?

Edit: To everyone saying that it's kind of my fault for buying the exact same set up he told me about and flaunt it in his face, I do understand your point and take responsibility for it, but he never really mentioned any specific models. Like he would say how "this brand has launched some really powerful items in the past few years" or how "that brand has such amazing monitors". I did know the brands he was referring to. But when it came to purchasing, I depended on YouTube reviews and suggestions from my gaming friends. It was purely a coincidence that it happened to be exactly what he wanted. I do understand that I should have been maybe more aware, but I genuinely didn't know that it would offend him since I wasn't doing it out of spite. If anything, at the back of my mind I had thoughts like we could have twin setups eventually and make cheesy tiktok videos on weekends.

give me your computer

quote:

UPDATE:

It's 11pm here right now and I am kinda shocked at everything that happened today. I made the original post in the morning before I left for work. While I was at work I recieved an alert from my security system. I check my front door cam and see my bf at the door walking in with his key. Something didn't feel right so I checked the camera in our game room (we set it up months ago when he wanted us to do streams) I had set it up in the morning before leaving just incase. Now I feel so much better that i did. I see him trying to unplug my monitor and I immediately call the police. By the time I reach home, 2 officers are waiting outside my door with my bf. He claimed that he was just at the apartment to get some stuff like clothes and other essentials. I had no energy to argue so I just show the camera footage and he starts apologizing. He goes on and on about how his friends riled him up to steal my system to "teach me a lesson".

What bothers me the most is that all this while, he hadn't texted me once. Not a single call or anything, his first instinct was to break in to my apartment. The cops asked me if I wanted to press charges and I said no. I know most of you will not be happy with this, but I kind of want to be done with this thing. I asked for my key back and told him that I will send his pc and other stuff to whatever address he wants later but I don't want him or his friends to come over and if I receive a single accusatory text from him or friends then I will go ahead and press charges. He kept trying to apologise but I stood my ground. I'm genuinely surprised at how I didn't break down in front of him. I'm still in disbelief at how my 4 year long relationship just crumbled in 24 hours.

I called my mom and she's on her way to my place. She will be staying the night as I no longer feel safe in my own home.

I just wanted to thank everyone who texted me and gave me advice. I am taking the day off tomorrow, and I will be changing the locks and sending him his stuff back tomorrow.

lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foo Diddley posted:

give me your computer

lol

The one time I'm rooting for all the secondary characters to blow up OP's phone

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap
gently caress I hope OP changes the locks. No way I'd want to risk that the ex hasn't made a copy of the key.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tinytort posted:

gently caress I hope OP changes the locks. No way I'd want to risk that the ex hasn't made a copy of the key.

At least she has a security system in the meanwhile.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Foo Diddley posted:

give me your computer

lol

I know we generally don't call things fake here, but I have a hard time believing police stopped a dude who is a resident at some apartment from leaving with stuff based on an anonymous phone call.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Silly Newbie posted:

I know we generally don't call things fake here, but I have a hard time believing police stopped a dude who is a resident at some apartment from leaving with stuff based on an anonymous phone call.

It was a wealth haver who made the call

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tinytort posted:

she says she's changing them, last sentence

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Silly Newbie posted:

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing this dude actually got caught in the act. cops are going to take 15 to 20 minutes minimum to show up. it takes maybe a couple minutes to unplug everything box it up and cart it out to your car.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
In general if you call the police and tell them there is a burglary *in progress* they will respond.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe he's like a cat and just wants to have the ability to be on either side of a door at any time of his choosing, regardless of whether there is anything to be accomplished by it

It would explain so much if some Reddit posters are actually cats. AITA for staying out for 3 nights then making GBS threads on the floor? Everyone says I am but I don't think so.

Cats: better than Reddit boyfriends since at least they wash their asses.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my ex his lack of money is not my issue?

And what about the friend?

They had a good thing going on, stealing the kid's clothes, and they hosed it up with the school thing. SMHD.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

This has some real “In a restaurant many years ago…” energy.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I have completely forgotten what bathroom goon was trying to convey with that image, but I do recall that the original post just had that image there with the assumption that it would be obvious what was going on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alchenar posted:

I have completely forgotten what bathroom goon was trying to convey with that image, but I do recall that the original post just had that image there with the assumption that it would be obvious what was going on.

So he did to his piss like what I see when I go down to the YMCA and see where boys pretend to pull their poo poo back.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So he did to his piss like what I see when I go down to the YMCA and see where boys pretend to pull their poo poo back.

Oh right I remember now it makes perfect sense!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Alchenar posted:

IIRC no one ever figured out what he was trying to convey.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

So you're saying no-one has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Moon Monster posted:

Dude was with his mum in a restaurant when he was 11, many years ago. (panel 1)

He needed to poo poo and piss, and his mum was taking him to the toilet. (panel missing)

He only managed to make it just outside the toilet doors before falling on the floor in a puddle/pile of his own piss and poo poo. (panel 2)

Thus leaving the toilet empty, pristine, and unused for it's designed purpose. (panel 3)

Blue Moonlight posted:

This has some real “In a restaurant many years ago…” energy.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

How about some tree law!

AITA for cutting down a neighbors tree that was causing a huge mess on my grandpas property?

Notice the OP never said the tree was over hanging just that the seeds and pods would land on the other side. I'm guessing the tree wasn't over hanging his grandpa's garden at all and it was simply a case of the wind blowing the leaves which is why the neighbors ignored him.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not throwing away my stuffed animal?

quote:

Me (25f) and my bf (27) have been dating for around 7 months. It’s been going well so far. But we have a problem. I have a stuffed animal. Specifically a stuffed Piglet from Winnie the Pooh. My dad bought it for me when I was a newborn and I’ve had it ever since.

My boyfriend has told me I have to get rid of it because it’s ”childish and embarrassing”. Especially when his friends are over at my place and see it on my bed. I don’t think it’s embarrassing and none of his friends or their girlfriends have said anything negative about it to me. I even bonded with one of the guys about the fact that he had a “matching” Tigger when he grew up and the others have joked about getting their own so we can have the whole crew together. I feel like they’re sincere but my bf says they’re making fun of me and that behind my back they think I’m super childish and they can’t believe I have a stuffed animal as an adult. He says that it’s not normal to keep stuffed animals as an adult and I guess not a lot of people do but I love that stupid animal. I don’t think I’m the rear end in a top hat but maybe there are things I’m missing here? Maybe I am embarrassing him in front of his friends? AITA?

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
gently caress that guy. I have so many Rilakkumas and I'm not embarrassed a bit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

rekko posted:

gently caress that guy. I have so many Rilakkumas and I'm not embarrassed a bit.

I am, because I don't know what intensely adorable display you've got them in

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I personally wouldn't want to date an adult that still cuddled with stuffed animals or had them on their bed, but that's just my preference. I definitely wouldn't date someone who does do that, and then get mad when they don't stop.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for calling the police on the neighbors for letting their dog poo poo on their patio?

quote:

I have some neighbors, a young couple around their 20s. They've lived to the apartment next to mine for 2 years. They have a dog. A small one. I've always noticed them talking the dog on walks but for the past two months I just see them putting some pads on their patio and letting the dog poo poo and pee there. I've made complaints to them multiple times, I've called them lazy and told them to give up the dog if they can't care for it properly. I told them they're going with the easy way of not taking the dog for a walk and just letting them do whatever on the patio.

Their argument is that first of all they clean up after the patio at least twice a day and that the dog goes on walks every night. The girl also said its none of my business on why she and her bf don't take the dog out on walks and they don't have to answer to me.

The next morning I called the police/public health services on them. Authorities came and inspected and said that no laws are broken and as long as the area is getting cleaned up daily then the couple is not breaking any laws. I told them that the couple doesn't take the dog for walks and the police said that the couple has their reasons for that and I don't have to know these reasons.

Now my whole apartment building sees me as the bitch who called the police on the couple for that reason. I later found out from another neighbor who confronted me that the reason they let the dog go on the patio is bc the girl is pregnant and is on bed rest and her bf takes the dog out late at night when he comes from work and how I was not entitled to that info since they didn't break any laws in the first place and despite her bed rest, the girl still tries to do her best.

Everyone on the building is now hostile against me. AITA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bell jar posted:

I personally wouldn't want to date an adult that still cuddled with stuffed animals or had them on their bed

If they have it on their bed I couldn't care less. If they have it with them in bed that's a bit concerning.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for getting angry when my partner announced she’s pregnant?

quote:

My partner (34f) and I (28m) have been together for 5 years. She has a daughter (8) from a previous relationship. Right off the bat, it was made known I had fertility issues and likely wouldn’t ever be able to father a child. I moved slow in the relationship, although I had fallen in love with her fast. When things got serious, I overheard her telling her sister she was concerned that I might be an ‘aggressive type’ person because of the amount of scars I have. I didn’t want her scared away so I told her I had a bad childhood and left it at that.

A little over two years into our relationship, I felt somewhat comfortable opening up and for the first time I told her exactly why I’m infertile which is a direct result of an injury I suffered due to trauma as a child. She was really empathetic and I was just thankful I had found the one I want to spend my life with that also came with a kid I adore.

Fast forward to last summer. My partner and her friend decided to play an impromptu prank on me. I came home from work, there were multiple positive pregnancy tests in the bathroom. My partner announced she was pregnant, I started freaking out…a happy freak out cause I thought I had hit the lottery with the slim to none chance I have. They both started laughing, the tests were from the friend and not my partner.

I was pretty much devastated and felt really let down that my partner would actually pull a prank like that. At first she was shocked by my reaction and said, “I thought you’d know it was a joke considering your circumstances.” She ended up apologizing after realizing how hurt I was.

Now for the point of the post. Three weeks ago she arranged a huge dinner with her entire family at our house. She had us play this stupid mystery game and ultimately announced to everyone she’s pregnant. Her mother and sisters were deliriously happy. Immediately I got pissed thinking this was yet another prank, so I showed absolutely no emotions which everyone caught on to. I said to my partner, “Either you’re just mentally disturbed or you’re cheating.” That’s pretty much when all hell broke loose.

My partner’s POV is that she was sincerely apologetic about the prank and I should know her well enough to not think she’d ever pull that stunt again. She’s also livid at me for ruining the announcement, embarrassing her in front of her entire family, causing them to think I’m a horrible person and then finally insinuating that she’s a cheater.

I still stand by my claim that had she never pranked me, my reaction would have been different. I do find it odd she decided to tell me along with her family. Things would have likely went over better had she told me first, and then we announced it together. But I’m starting to think I acted immaturely causing scene in front of her family, and I think that’s maybe where I’m wrong.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao check out this absolutely loving idiot

AITA for giving my girlfriends makeup to my best friends girlfriend?

quote:

Throwaway for privacy. Sorry for formatting I’m on mobile.

My girlfriend Jade (21 F) and I (22 F) have been dating for two years. She’s a fantastic partner. Kind, caring, and loving. Genuinely, haven’t met someone who didn’t love her. My childhood best friend Kevin (22 M) recently started dating Katy (24 F) a couple months ago.

Jade is very into makeup, like REALLY. Her makeup collection at this point is probably worth around 10K. Well, last weekend I hosted a get together at our place so that we could get to know Katy better. I offered our spare room up so that everyone could drink. After a couple of drinks in Katy asked to use the bathroom. When she came out of the bathroom she was holding one of my girlfriends eyeshadow palettes that she had accidentally left in there while rushing to get ready and was raving about how long she had wanted it. Without thinking I said she could take it considering Jade has an extensive collection and probably wouldn’t miss it. Jade didn’t say anything but I could tell by her look that she was fuming.

When everyone went off to bed Jade confronted me and told me off for offering up her palette. I told her if it was that big of a deal I could buy her a new one. This made her more upset and she said that it was a limited edition palette so that couldn’t happen and demanded I ask for it back. I said no because to ask for the item back is weird and that I’d buy her a similar one. This happened Saturday night and it’s Thursday and she still won’t let it go. She’s barely spoken to me since and is very sulky. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I don't know about anyone else but I've got to the point now where a post without a phone being 'blown up' almost feels like a post without punctuation.