Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Frankenstein Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5czUMb8HlE

This is pretty amazing. I think my favourite is at 3:07. The one right after is also incredible.

Apparently the blowoff to this whole Kanyon Cutter thing was a Judy Bagwell On A Forklift match. Peak Russo.

What exactly is the story behind Kanyon seemingly mocking DDP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Kanyon is the greatest

quote:

After several months he was placed with Mark Starr in a tag team called "Men at Work".[1] Their gimmick was that they were two construction workers turned wrestlers who wore jeans to the ring, and that Kanyon would cause the team to suffer losses by taking measurements with his tape measure at inopportune times.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Was there any more matches besides the tag match with Chono in which Keiji Mutoh leaves halfway through to return as the Great Muta?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Orgophlax posted:

What exactly is the story behind Kanyon seemingly mocking DDP?
Kanyon was jealous of DDP and his autobiography "Positively Page".

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kanyon was honestly one of the best during that time. He just loved to make people smile. :unsmith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

Kanyon is the greatest

Is this gimmick on the Network somewhere??

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TL posted:

The bigger cities, at least, will still have a fairly major police presence for events. Every time I've been to WWE at the Meadowlands, there's always a bunch of NJ State Troopers around.

I should have clarified, what I meant was more them following the guys to the ring from the dressing room and back again.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Why are they so loving obsessed with short match records at Wrestlemania?

They make a point of Funaki losing at WMXX being "the fastest elimination at Wrestlemania of all time" beating SD Jones

Then they did the Kane squash of Chavo for the ECW title at whichever Mania that was and did FASTEST WIN EVER

Then they had the whole Bryan/Sheamus thing. Why do they think "fast match" is something anybody could ever care about

edit: Billy Kidman had a goddamn lovely shooting star

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

epitasis posted:

Why are they so loving obsessed with short match records at Wrestlemania?

They make a point of Funaki losing at WMXX being "the fastest elimination at Wrestlemania of all time" beating SD Jones

Then they did the Kane squash of Chavo for the ECW title at whichever Mania that was and did FASTEST WIN EVER

Then they had the whole Bryan/Sheamus thing. Why do they think "fast match" is something anybody could ever care about

edit: Billy Kidman had a goddamn lovely shooting star

WWE every Wrestlemania desires to create "Memories" that people will never forget. It's why they always announce that they've broken the buildings record even if they haven't. What they don't understand is Bad Memories are not necessarily enjoyable to remember.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I believe Hayes and Foley have both remarked off-handed that "This has never been done before!" is the key to get Vince onboard with anything.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Onmi posted:

WWE every Wrestlemania desires to create "Memories" that people will never forget. It's why they always announce that they've broken the buildings record even if they haven't. What they don't understand is Bad Memories are not necessarily enjoyable to remember.

I wonder how pissed Vince is about the record for "Most People Wearing a Mask in One Place" he so desperately wanted being unattainable now that Hunico has taken over the Sin Cara gimmick and Mysterio's knees have apparently exploded again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mysterio is fine. WWE isn't using him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Mysterio is fine. WWE isn't using him.

I thought he had another issue that needed time to heal and/or surgery.

Though, at this point, I can't really blame them for not wanting to use him anymore. He's been injured for far longer than he's been active for at least the past four years. Too bad the only replacements they have for the hispanic/latino market are Del Rio and whoever is under the Sin Cara mask this week.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Too bad the only replacements they have for the hispanic/latino market are Del Rio and whoever is under the Sin Cara mask this week.

I dunno man, there's this bloke named Emanuel Rodriguez they have at the performance center, he might be able to fill their Latino void.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Seth Rollins is also Hispanic, he just somehow avoided getting slapped with a luchadore gimmick... at least until after the Shield breaks up.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

During the Austin HBK WM14 match, the loudest chant of the match breaks out and it's really hard to understand and Lawler and JR are both like "can't understand what they're saying must be the boston accent".

Any clue what they were chanting?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Eat My Fuc posted:

During the Austin HBK WM14 match, the loudest chant of the match breaks out and it's really hard to understand and Lawler and JR are both like "can't understand what they're saying must be the boston accent".

"Holyfield" I believe at Tyson for biting his ear. Which also occurred in Boston.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

e: wrong thread

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shima Honnou posted:

Seth Rollins is also Hispanic, he just somehow avoided getting slapped with a luchadore gimmick... at least until after the Shield breaks up.

Seth is Armenian, actually. He talked about it on AOW once and cited it as the reason that keeping his body hair manageable is a daily challenge.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lucky he wasn't packaged as Tyler Kardashian, then.

Then again...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Eat My Fuc posted:

Along the same lines, is that Jim Johnston playing in the band that plays the DX theme? It look like 4 rock dudes, and then a dorky dude in glasses.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

e: wrong thread

this was funniest ep ever though

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

I wonder how pissed Vince is about the record for "Most People Wearing a Mask in One Place" he so desperately wanted being unattainable now that Hunico has taken over the Sin Cara gimmick and Mysterio's knees have apparently exploded again.

Sheep Mask. Wrestlemania XXX.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Hockles posted:

Along the same lines, is that Jim Johnston playing in the band that plays the DX theme? It look like 4 rock dudes, and then a dorky dude in glasses.

I just watched this recently and noticed the same thing, it is him, yeah.

God that is just one of the worst performances ever. It's just so misjudged in every drat way. Awful music, awful vocals, awful arrangement. Just so completely half-assed. I really can't stand that Chris Warren hack.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

epitasis posted:

Lucky he wasn't packaged as Tyler Kardashian, then.

Then again...

Vince won't know what a Kardashian is for another 10 years at least.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

CombineThresher posted:

Vince won't know what a Kardashian is for another 10 years at least.

WrestleMania 24.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Was there any reason why Kerry Von Erich dropped the IC title back to Mr. Perfect so soon after winning it at Summerslam? Was it planned that way from the outset or did Kerry lose favor with management?

That pissed me off so much when I was a little kid since I loving hated Hennig for all the right reasons and I was super hyped to see KVE win the title off him since I was a smarky enough 8 year old to know that the Von Erichs were a really big deal thanks to Apter mags and a book on pro wrestling I got out from the library.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
He was drugged out of his mind. Seriously, Bret talks about it in his book. He was so pilled up at that time that it was common for people to think he was mentally handicapped from first meeting him.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

WrestleMania 24.

Holy poo poo, why don't I remember any of this.

Thank god I don't remember any of this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sir Jebus posted:

Holy poo poo, why don't I remember any of this.

Thank god I don't remember any of this.

I forgot it, too, but mostly because there's so much good poo poo to remember from that show that I don't care.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ColeM posted:

He was drugged out of his mind. Seriously, Bret talks about it in his book. He was so pilled up at that time that it was common for people to think he was mentally handicapped from first meeting him.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I thought he had another issue that needed time to heal and/or surgery.

Though, at this point, I can't really blame them for not wanting to use him anymore. He's been injured for far longer than he's been active for at least the past four years. Too bad the only replacements they have for the hispanic/latino market are Del Rio and whoever is under the Sin Cara mask this week.

I wish Ricardo Rodriguez would get a fair look as an every day guy. He's proven himself to be great in skits and promos, and his matches tagging with Tyson Kidd are really fun, too.

What do they have to lose?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Red posted:

I wish Ricardo Rodriguez would get a fair look as an every day guy. He's proven himself to be great in skits and promos, and his matches tagging with Tyson Kidd are really fun, too.

He's apparently tagging with Samuray Del Sol in NXT, so there's that?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Red posted:

He's doing Spanish commentary.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
I haven't seen a baseball slide on WWE in ages. Why does no one do them anymore?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Greasy wrestler hair: just water, or some kind of secret greasy compound passed down from generation to generation in the industry?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Greasy wrestler hair: just water, or some kind of secret greasy compound passed down from generation to generation in the industry?

I too would like to know this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think it's probably just water, no? I'd think having a bunch of grease in your hair would create myriad problems due to the slipperiness.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Spray bottles full of water are a secret of both the modeling and wrestling industries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
What was Jerry Lawler's deal with Stu Hart in the 90s? Was it just an extension of his feud with Bret? Because it seemed to go on long after that ended. He just keeps making old man jokes about him.