Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I thought the same thing until I gave a bleeding auto assault rifle a try, it's surprisingly accurate, you can pinpoint 80 bullets right into something, the combat rifle has better damage per bullet though.

Problem is the thing weighs 25 lbs and isn't all that amazing without one of the overpowered perks like bleeding or explosive.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Am I missing something or is the combat rifle pretty much better in all ways than the assault rifle? I have no idea what the idea behind the assault rifle even is - the weapon doesn't seem to make sense.

The assault rifle has less recoil and a faster fire rate I think.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
What is it about left legs that make them so hard to find?

Seriously, I have like 4 suits of power armor now and only one (the lovely starting set) had a left leg. :psyduck:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

the biggest magazine for the combat rifle is 25 or so right?

The assault rifle is a machine gun that they renamed "Assault Rifle" in the last minute.

Biggest mag for a combat rifle is 40 with a large mag.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

MarshyMcFly posted:

Biggest mag for a combat rifle is 40 with a large mag.

Which isn't enough for an automatic weapon in this game

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zephyrine posted:

Worked fine for me all game until I switched to Survival and needed more bullets for the spongey enemies.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

If you need more you should be using minigun/gatling laser plus power armor and psycho jet, yes? Otherwise you should be behind cover enough to reload.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

It is if your using the overseer's guardian. That thing destroys in full auto.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

AKMoose posted:

While scouring the Glowing Sea in a Hazmat suit, I got drawn into a fight with a Radscorpion. It burrowed under the ground and disappeared. I frantically started VATS sweeping to find it, and eventually locked on... to reveal the Radscorpion directly above me, 50 feet in the air.

It fell to its death.

I had something like that happen once; I was exploring in the Glowing Sea, and for the better part of 30 minutes, every radscorpion I engaged that I didn't immediately murder would burrow underground.... make a couple of 'pain' noises.... and then flop lifelessly back up to the surface.

Honestly, I can't be mad at a glitch when it's that goddamn amusing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Mama Murphy concept art of her battletank and Mister Handy wheelchairs.

I think she would of been better received if she was some drug fueled battle grandma.

It probably wasn't worth the added budget to model and animate that version of her, but it would've been awesome.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

It probably wasn't worth the added budget to model and animate that version of her, but it would've been awesome.

The version of her that made it in wasn't worth doing at all, neither were the Longs. More Castle and Quincy content would've been the way to go.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Marcy gets whipped with the barrel of my Gatling laser every time she opens her mouth. One hit every now and then doesn't turn them hostile and drat is it satisfying.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Mama Murphy concept art of her battletank and Mister Handy wheelchairs.

I think she would of been better received if she was some drug fueled battle grandma.

I dont see how you could not put this in a game.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Just got fallout, am about 14 hours into it and just finished whitechapel charlie's quest in goodneighbor. I'm on Xbox One and it randomly shut out of the game and will not load any saves. It froze twice trying to load my last save, I deleted it and tried the one 3 minutes prior and it just nopes out and returns me to the xbox home screen. What in the gently caress? It hasn't left the xbox in a week so I don't think its a dirty disc. I've also had mad problems with corrupt save files if that makes any difference. I've saved twice before exiting the game knowing the last save would always be corrupt.

Any help?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Crunkjuice posted:

Just got fallout, am about 14 hours into it and just finished whitechapel charlie's quest in goodneighbor. I'm on Xbox One and it randomly shut out of the game and will not load any saves. It froze twice trying to load my last save, I deleted it and tried the one 3 minutes prior and it just nopes out and returns me to the xbox home screen. What in the gently caress? It hasn't left the xbox in a week so I don't think its a dirty disc. I've also had mad problems with corrupt save files if that makes any difference. I've saved twice before exiting the game knowing the last save would always be corrupt.

Any help?

try playing on the pc :rimshot:

at least then you can console most of your problems away

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shovelbum posted:

The version of her that made it in wasn't worth doing at all, neither were the Longs. More Castle and Quincy content would've been the way to go.

You're not wrong. It's kind of inexplicable what they put resources into versus what they didn't.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Poppycock and nonsense, clearly what gamers want is immortal NPCs occupying the most convenient home base location at all times and complaining literally endlessly. It helps instill a sense of humility in the player, after all the godlike power they accumulate in the wastes!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Crunkjuice posted:

Any help?

Here is something I've noticed with my particular game: If I save then turn off the xbox, my save file will be corrupted or freeze when reloading next time. If I save and then quit the game and return to main menu before turning the xbox off, the save will load fine next time.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Backhand posted:

Poppycock and nonsense, clearly what gamers want is immortal NPCs occupying the most convenient home base location at all times and complaining literally endlessly. It helps instill a sense of humility in the player, after all the godlike power they accumulate in the wastes!

Infuriating that

A) it's not even your house
B) you can't send Sturges away to live at the Castle. At least Preston can go there.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So I finally made it to the institute on a character after loving around forever. The entire place glows if you have aluminum and fiber optics marked!

The temptation to pull out my auto limitless potential (such a cool side quest) and hold down LMB was very high.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nichael posted:

Also, speaking of Bioware, I really like Inon Zur's composing work. The battle themes of FO4, in particular, are well done, and remind me a lot of his work in DA:O in a good way. Does anyone know the name of this track?
Track 59, "Rise and Prevail."

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

Crunkjuice posted:

Any help?

Uninstall/reinstall the game? Or do the full unplug the xbox for whatever time let it reset thing. Also the corrupted save thing doing a new manual save and then exiting the game fully seems to fix it for me too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is there a good way to get Railway spikes? My modded Railway Rifle is mighty handy since it uses so little AP compared to all my sniper rifles.

For that matter, is is possible to get legendary Railway Rifles?

And what does the Sniper perk actually do? Steady your aim in scoped mode?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

"But wait, wouldn't it be better to cut the cost of another voice actor for better writing from the main characte-" "SHUT UP, WHELP"

Why do people believe this poo poo...

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is there a good way to get Railway spikes? My modded Railway Rifle is mighty handy since it uses so little AP compared to all my sniper rifles.

For that matter, is is possible to get legendary Railway Rifles?

Yes, according to the Wiki, Legendary Railway Rifles are a thing, but I have yet to even see a regular one and I'm level 70 with 100 hours in. I knew from prior games that Railway Spikes are hard to come by, so I've just bought them from every vendor been to that had them over the course of the game, and now I have a shitton (that I can't use because I still don't have one). The nice thing about it is that you can pick up the one you used to kill the thing from off of the body when you loot it, so in theory if you're using VATs you won't ever run out of ammo. If you're just firing wildly into the air you'll go through it quick though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

McSpankWich posted:

Yes, according to the Wiki, Legendary Railway Rifles are a thing, but I have yet to even see a regular one and I'm level 70 with 100 hours in. I knew from prior games that Railway Spikes are hard to come by, so I've just bought them from every vendor been to that had them over the course of the game, and now I have a shitton (that I can't use because I still don't have one). The nice thing about it is that you can pick up the one you used to kill the thing from off of the body when you loot it, so in theory if you're using VATs you won't ever run out of ammo. If you're just firing wildly into the air you'll go through it quick though.

I know a couple of locations if you like:

The big scrap yard to the south east, Big John's? There's also one in a railway carriage at Bedford Station

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

McSpankWich posted:

Yea I got a nocturnal one at some point on one of my characters. Haven't seen a legendary rail rifle since. Funny thing was it was before I sided with the railroad and acquired it from them. You can get one from either siding with the railroad or killing Desdemona for one of the main quests.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I posted this a little earlier but I found an Explosive Minigun on my Rifle dude and after ignoring it for like 20 levels, I decided I was going to grind out 5 points in Heavy Gunner and 4 in Demo Expert to give it a whirl. I'm at 2/5 HG and 4/4 DE atm (level 76) and I took it out for a spin and drat, this thing rips. The only lovely part is that you're almost forced to used 3rd person because the 1st person aiming reticule is loving atrocious.

I guess the next thing to do is to get Nuclear Physicist up so I can start using Power Armor full time. I did a little Googling and found out that overdrive servos (increase sprint speed) PA mod doesn't work in 3rd person so that's a little lovely (in fact, all +movespeed boosts like Sprinter's legendary armor don't work in 3rd person).

How do you guys cope with the repair costs for X-01 mk. VI PA? Looks crazy expensive to maintain. And as badass as the Institute paint job looks, I think I'm going to go with the explosion resistance paint.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's not very expensive, mostly uses aluminum, I buy shipments with my water baron money.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

How do you guys cope with the repair costs for X-01 mk. VI PA? Looks crazy expensive to maintain. And as badass as the Institute paint job looks, I think I'm going to go with the explosion resistance paint.
Just hop in and loot the poo poo out of everywhere. Thanks to the X-01's increased carrying capacity I've never once had an issue keeping it fully repaired when needed because I'm so stocked up on junk it's ridiculous. I'd opt for the Titanium upgrades, though, as they do an awesome job of reducing how quickly your various pieces of power armor drop in durability.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Cool, thanks for the reassurance guys. I was just worried that I'd have to a trillion trips to the vendors to stock up on nuclear material, aluminum, etc. non-stop. I'll check out the titanium paint too.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Karthe posted:

Just hop in and loot the poo poo out of everywhere. Thanks to the X-01's increased carrying capacity I've never once had an issue keeping it fully repaired when needed because I'm so stocked up on junk it's ridiculous. I'd opt for the Titanium upgrades, though, as they do an awesome job of reducing how quickly your various pieces of power armor drop in durability.

I actually made a companion suit of X-01 armor with all titanium upgraded pieces because their gear falls apart way to easily. Personally my main run and gun character uses all explosive resistant gear because I don't want my own explosive shotgun to kill me.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

Any help?

Welcome to the Bethesda console experience

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

shovelbum posted:

It's not very expensive, mostly uses aluminum, I buy shipments with my water baron money.

I have started paying more attention to making sure I build some scrapping benches at settlements and have been very pleased so far.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's a good call. I've been mostly ignoring settlements outside of Sanctuary but that gives me a great reason to start building out all the other ones.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'll be better about exiting the game to the menu before turning the console off. Luckily, I found a save 2 hours back that loaded so I didn't lose everything. This goddamn game.

Also, there's never anything in the busted down cars along the roads right? I know busses/trailers can have stuff, but i'm talking about the rusted out sedans everywhere.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Crunkjuice posted:

I'll be better about exiting the game to the menu before turning the console off. Luckily, I found a save 2 hours back that loaded so I didn't lose everything. This goddamn game.

Also, there's never anything in the busted down cars along the roads right? I know busses/trailers can have stuff, but i'm talking about the rusted out sedans everywhere.

Right those are just land mines you set off by shooting them.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That's a good call. I've been mostly ignoring settlements outside of Sanctuary but that gives me a great reason to start building out all the other ones.
Why bother? That's that quick travel is for :getin:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

neonbregna posted:

I have started paying more attention to making sure I build some scrapping benches at settlements and have been very pleased so far.

Yeah, if you've got enough Charisma for Local Leader, you can have a lot of idle hands. I've heard every production cycle, each bench will produce a junk item or 4-6 resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

God drat, is there anything more destructive than an explosive shotgun???!!! :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAECO5zXwA

• Locked thread