Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

Were gamer words being exchanged? How can a forum probation not solve this problem? I am not trying to overly simplify a problem, just weird how a small problem can escalate to this kind of huge mess.

If you gently caress around with SRP rules, it means you are loving around with Atrum. I know Atrum can probate people from using the SRP app if they make a mess and double down too much but since it escalated to an air lock, I assume the guy was really pushing the buttons hard and often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
delta drama is more shennanigans and hijinks

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
poo poo, I undocked and tried to gank that dude inviting ppl to fleet in 1dq and he popped me because I forgot my scram and rep due to being dumb.

I know that jackdaw ain't getting reimbursed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

poo poo, I undocked and tried to gank that dude inviting ppl to fleet in 1dq and he popped me because I forgot my scram and rep due to being dumb.

I know that jackdaw ain't getting reimbursed.

That’s called shitstack my friend

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lol are we really re-litigating this

You dumb

Vando posted:

we all like a good lore refresh

This is correct.

andromache posted:

The falcon thing started as an AAD (ask a director) thread that threadnaughted (for AAD) to like 5 or 6 pages. Everyone generally had a good time there and no one was angry.

Then there was some shitposting in TWR and I think some logs got sent (jabber or discord I don’t remember) where once mittens read through them his schismatic antenna started twitching and he airlocked that guy.

Then, instead of just, like, quietly moving the guy’s stuff out for him, a bunch of big brains in hole squid leadership dropped a citadel for banned dude and added him to the ACL in like direct violation of several coalition policies.

So they got airlocked too, mostly for being loving dipshits and not using their brains instead of like schismatic poo poo.

We refer to it as falcon SRP because it’s generally just funnier that way instead of outlining everything else above.

See, this is the good stuff.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i do not say this lightly, but, please, gb2gbs

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

gamer words ahoy
So skynetting was fine as long as they did it to destroy structures, but as soon as we turn it into a defensive tactic it's an exploit.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What's that dude in anyway?

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

However, objectively terrible fits* (as determined by the reimbursement team) can and will still be denied.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

CopperHound posted:

I didn't see a place on the goonmetrics website to input my actual freight cost and tax/broker fees, but I am still using their API.

I also wanted to evaluate lazy sell order > buy order import and best case buy order > sell order margins.

Oic, you are not a noob like me! I have been messing around with imports. I tried to import some helium isotopes but they dipped like less than a day after I got my stuff to 1dq. Apparently it's price controlled, rip me.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Vando posted:

we all like a good lore refresh

It's how societies remain coherent. We retell the same stories around the fire, night after night, until the stories become who we are. #imwithspacecommunists #mybossisafishenthusiast #fuckpubbies

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Charles 1998 posted:

These war comparisons are getting worse and worse. World War II was pretty good, Vietnam was eh, but now afghanistan? May as way say the gulf war or the civil war, or the trojan war, was just like World War Bee II.
You see, this is actually a lot like the great stand on the ugra river of 1480....

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If I get banned it's on you.

Collateral Damage posted:

What's that dude in anyway?

Shamefully: a catalyst.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm on my third ratting myrm in as many weeks and I've named it "Insurance Fraud?"

Love a good shitstack reimburse

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm on my third ratting myrm in as many weeks and I've named it "Insurance Fraud?"

Love a good shitstack reimburse

That's the name of my Wyvern. Mostly because it's a replacement after I lost my first being dumb and PL ganked me and an Aeon on an op in 2011.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I get banned it's on you.

worst case it gets denied and then u shrug

u would only get banned if you proceeded to message the person who denied it repeatedly demanding shitstack or higher compensation

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Sickening posted:

I know mittens posted about how its important to airlock certain folks or whatever, but I have a feeling it was used far more often than what was needed.

The folks who got airlocked from this little kerfuffle didn't really need to be airlocked. At least, not in my opinion. They weren't "schismatics" or dangerous to the culture of the Imperium - in all honestly, Hole Squad at the time was much more like Delta Sqad of today than anything else. A bunch of dumb goons having fun by boiling out of a clown car and beating up pubbies.

andromache posted:

Yeah I forgot about the citadel drop leading to everyone involved in that bit of idiocy getting air locked.

It was a cavalcade of dumbassery from the directorate on down.

andromache posted:

The falcon thing started as an AAD (ask a director) thread that threadnaughted (for AAD) to like 5 or 6 pages. Everyone generally had a good time there and no one was angry.

Then there was some shitposting in TWR and I think some logs got sent (jabber or discord I don’t remember) where once mittens read through them his schismatic antenna started twitching and he airlocked that guy.

Then, instead of just, like, quietly moving the guy’s stuff out for him, a bunch of big brains in hole squid leadership dropped a citadel for banned dude and added him to the ACL in like direct violation of several coalition policies.

So they got airlocked too, mostly for being loving dipshits and not using their brains instead of like schismatic poo poo.

We refer to it as falcon SRP because it’s generally just funnier that way instead of outlining everything else above.

This is generally accurate, though.

Free Nex Dementia. Revive Hole Squad.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Who was the falcon SRP person that got airlocked initially?

Novatian
Nov 29, 2015

That Works posted:

Madcows. Which meant that during the time we had ElitistOps back in Goonswarm Federation, he got back into The Imperium while the people who covered for him were still airlocked.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Rip to all those wyverns. Never forget

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Collateral Damage posted:

So skynetting was fine as long as they did it to destroy structures, but as soon as we turn it into a defensive tactic it's an exploit.

tactics for me, exploits for thee

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I’ve been away from the game for a long time, what is skynettting? Is it just assigning fighters?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

OMFG FURRY posted:

tactics for me, exploits for thee

I'm convinced the Icelandic method for determining the legality of anything in EVE is like the Margaritaville episode of South Park. They cut the head off a fish and let it flop around on a decision board while playing an Langspil.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wdarkk posted:

I’ve been away from the game for a long time, what is skynettting? Is it just assigning fighters?

Drone assist was nerfed heavily.

Skynetting (at least how we're using it) involves having Carriers/Supers tethered on a keepstar or other friendly structure, with their fighters orbiting a nearby stargate.

If the carriers are ever in any danger, they can disconnect from their fighters and be re-tethered again within 60 seconds (when the combat timer expires)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Otacon posted:

Drone assist was nerfed heavily.

Skynetting (at least how we're using it) involves having Carriers/Supers tethered on a keepstar or other friendly structure, with their fighters orbiting a nearby stargate.

If the carriers are ever in any danger, they can disconnect from their fighters and be re-tethered again within 60 seconds (when the combat timer expires)

I kind of understand what tethering is from the context, but maybe not exactly. I assume this is something that was introduced when the game brought in keepstars and citadels instead of the old stations/pos warfare?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
man i truly hate matterall, such an idiot

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Novatian posted:

Madcows. Which meant that during the time we had ElitistOps back in Goonswarm Federation, he got back into The Imperium while the people who covered for him were still airlocked.

Mittani made it pretty clear that he was extending a blanket pardon after sounding the horn and all people really had to do was ask.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

man i truly hate matterall, such an idiot

What did the dumb pubbie say/do this time

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Locator posted:

I kind of understand what tethering is from the context, but maybe not exactly. I assume this is something that was introduced when the game brought in keepstars and citadels instead of the old stations/pos warfare?

The addition of tethering (the invulnerability beam that citadels cast on you if you haven't targeted or aggressed anything) and the fighter revamp (manual control, homeworld style, targetable to 1000km+, or longer than the exclusion zone of a citadel and a gate) happened at the same time.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mederlock posted:

What did the dumb pubbie say/do this time

the brainlet pretty much had a meltdown over someone saying ladyscarlet is bad because renting is bad, and matterall said

"but goons pap use paps"

as if those are even remotely the same thing

how can someone be this irredeemably dumb?

literally it's like 8 people just telling him he's dumb and he just ignores all the points and just goes "yeah i don't think so!" lmfao this guy

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 19, 2021

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
No paps, no masters.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the brainlet pretty much had a meltdown over someone saying ladyscarlet is bad because renting is bad, and matterall said

"but goons pap use paps"

as if those are even remotely the same thing

how can someone be this irredeemably dumb?

literally it's like 8 people just telling him he's dumb and he just ignores all the points and just goes "yeah i don't think so!" lmfao this guy

He melted down so hard they had to shut the channel down :laffo:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Wait... so he's conflating requiring non-Goonwaffe members of the imperium having to do a trivial amount of participation in fleets with... renting space out for profit? :downswords:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

someone brought this killmail to my attention: https://zkillboard.com/kill/88925918/

sure it was nearly a year ago but it still makes me giggle

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

it's me, i'm the military leader JFing *checks notes* tritanium

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it's me, i'm the military leader JFing *checks notes* tritanium

guess again, a fenrir isn't a jf :v:

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 19, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

guess again, a fenrir isn't a jf :v:

jesus christ it has been a hot minute since i've actually played this game

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Yeah we couldn't believe he was that dumb in fleet but what can ya do?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

That Works posted:

The falcon person (Madcows) wasn't airlocked. At least not for the falcon. He wasn't even banned from reimbursement. Just got the falcon denied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dalmuti posted:

Yeah we couldn't believe he was that dumb in fleet but what can ya do?

i mean i think you did exactly what needed to be done!