Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Got a new figure in! Super7's Samurai Leo.

The left hip is a little loose, but only to the touch. It holds poses just fine, no problem.

For as much poo poo as Super7 can get for posability, this guy moves pretty well. Shoulders can't go up very far but that's more due to the armor. You can still get some nice stuff with the right angles. The head in particular, I thought it'd be pretty bad, but it's got a lot of personality to how it can move.

Also, this really makes me smile.

The aesthetics of these are so great. It's part of why I love toys. You have these incredibly realistic to the movie renditions of the Turtles, and then you have modern recreations of the old toys with the giant bobble heads and everything.

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was one of my favorites as a kid. I think it was my first variant turtle.

I just grabbed an Ultimates Raphael off Amazon for $30, that'll definitely work for the "best of my childhood" shelf. I'm thinking one figure from each major toyline I was into that's gotten a modern update. I need Hasbro to release some MASK guys in GIJC and maybe even a Visionary or two.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If somebody starts doing modernized, 6" Battle Beasts I'm gonna be in trouble. That was one of my favorite toy lines growing up that you don't see talked about much anymore.

This guy was my favorite, for some reason. I liked his weird claw hand.

Apparently he was called "Torrential Tapir."

I actually don't know what happened to my old Battle Beasts, I think they might still be stashed in a closet at my mom's house. Those guys were so great!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And can we get some new goddamned Inhumanoids?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If somebody starts doing modernized, 6" Battle Beasts I'm gonna be in trouble. That was one of my favorite toy lines growing up that you don't see talked about much anymore.

This guy was my favorite, for some reason. I liked his weird claw hand.

Apparently he was called "Torrential Tapir."

I actually don't know what happened to my old Battle Beasts, I think they might still be stashed in a closet at my mom's house. Those guys were so great!

Holy poo poo thanks for the flashback! I had no idea these were popular. I remember I had a few - my fav was a blue bear guy. Always loved those heat sticker things.

New M.A.S.K would get me in trouble…

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Everyone had some Battle Beasts and 90% of the time when someone is looking for an ID of a 1980s toy it's Battle Beasts

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Or it’s Z-Bots if they’re from the 90’s.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Or it’s Z-Bots if they’re from the 90’s.

I loving LOVED Z-Bots. Very fond memories of finding random color-swapped Z-Bots at the local 7-11 when we stopped for gas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it might be MANTECH

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A Z-Bot revival would absolutely bankrupt me

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

it might be MANTECH

I had the three main good guys from MANTECH! I thought nobody remembered that toy line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i have learned much from Dan Larsen

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I have vauge memories of Z-bots, but I do remember the one with spiked boxing gloves and the Johnny-5 knockoff ones. Those were fun toys.

I only ever had 3 Battle beasts, but absolutely loved them. Minimates tried to revive the line a few years back, but they missed nthe mark imo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Burkion posted:

Incredible.

He looks so good! Mine ought to arrive later today, excited! Now Scratch and Ray Fillet should ship next week completing waves 5 and 6. I skipped the mousers, if I see them on clearance I’ll grab a set.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

i have learned much from Dan Larsen

He's doing the lord's work.

Speaking of useful information you can find on YouTube, I meant to suggest for anyone curious/skeptical of Super 7's offerings that you check out "Toy Bro" on YouTube. Despite the name he is actually among the least annoying guys who talks about action figures on YouTube. He has a good relationship with Super 7 and usually gets the first preview copies of their new figures before they ship to retailers, and gives a fair and honest assessment of each one. If there's a flaw he will not hesitate to point it out, but their work is usually quite good and he'll point that out too. Also I have to hand it that guy for being a 100% real fan of Thundercats; he knows the series well and can tell you which episodes all the esoteric little accessories came from.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, why the hell is Classified Duke so expensive?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

Maybe because they haven’t announced a 2.0 version? That’s what I’m waiting for.

The Tiger Force w bike version still appears available at Target. 42 bucks and comes with the bike.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Even as somebody who does not collect the line, I recall the first wave having pretty serious supply/distribution woes, and I don't know that this was ever resolved. Plus there are probably a lot of guys like you who would collect exactly one Classified figure and that would be the one. I also recall the first wave had some weird "modern" design elements that were pretty widely disliked by fans, and like Joe Fisto said, that guy hasn't had an update in more traditional style yet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Samurai Leo arrived, and boy does he look awesome. I loved the OG version as a kid, and this does not dissapoint. A fantastic update while sticking to the original asthetic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw that Duke everywhere for months when i had no interest in it. Maybe i'll find one at the show next sunday.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Agrias120 posted:

I loving LOVED Z-Bots. Very fond memories of finding random color-swapped Z-Bots at the local 7-11 when we stopped for gas.

My Z-Bot memory was my dad doing an Easter egg hunt for me and my friends where each egg had a Z-Bot inside.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Even as somebody who does not collect the line, I recall the first wave having pretty serious supply/distribution woes, and I don't know that this was ever resolved. Plus there are probably a lot of guys like you who would collect exactly one Classified figure and that would be the one. I also recall the first wave had some weird "modern" design elements that were pretty widely disliked by fans, and like Joe Fisto said, that guy hasn't had an update in more traditional style yet.

Samurai breathern!

I'm going to have to get Bludgeon from the Transformers line just to have a proper cross franchise Samurai duel.

I'm also officially at the stage where I need new shelves and need to rearrange stuff. Here's a quick and dirty picture of my current set up

Left wall

Mantle at the center

Right wall.

There's some room on the right wall shelves, but they're not great for things that aren't kaiju or stand supported things. Thinking through some options there. Left shelves are full and the mantle is packed.

Rearranging is needed and some new shelves will have to be found. At the very least I want to get the Super7 Rangers, the monsters related, the Super7 Toho kaiju and I'm going to need to figure that out as I go.

I know a display I want to pursue I have to just get the last two pieces for it. Probably won't be this month. I'm so close though.

This time next year, I'm going to have a dream display. One I've talked about before here I think.

Unicron in the back, flanked by Toybiz BAF Apocalypse and Diamond Select BAF Sauron, the two missing pieces, with Darkseid in front, himself flanked by Thulsa Doom and Lord Zedd. A coalition of the baddest of the bad. Maybe I'll find someone else to include, but those are the big ones. So close to it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Burkion posted:

I'm also officially at the stage where I need new shelves and need to rearrange stuff. Here's a quick and dirty picture of my current set up

Yeah ... that top shelf is bowing.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There were some rereleases of Duke, Scarlet and Roadblock, around wave 4 i want to say, that toned down some of the areas most complained about that could be done without retooling.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Red Rox posted:

Holy poo poo thanks for the flashback! I had no idea these were popular. I remember I had a few - my fav was a blue bear guy. Always loved those heat sticker things.

New M.A.S.K would get me in trouble…

It's quite pricey (and not an official reboot) but this is currently taking pre-orders:

https://ramentoy.com/products/item-mkn01

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I saw that Duke everywhere for months when i had no interest in it. Maybe i'll find one at the show next sunday.

With how Classified has exponentially improved in both design and distribution, try to hold off and be patient. Hasbro will absolutely, 100% make a better Duke that is more classic-looking while also a better modernization at the same time. They have made multiple Snake Eyes, Roadblock, Storm Shadow, and three different paint jobs of the same excellent base Zartan figure, so it's just a matter of time. I'm holding out for newer, better versions of Scarlett and Flint (plus the Iron Grenadiers version of Destro) myself.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The caveat to Lou's post is that they've released different variants of Roadblock (v2, v1), Snake Eyes (v2, v1) and Storm Shadow (v3, v1), whereas that Classified Duke design is already 80% accurate to the Duke v1 look (tan shirt, olive pants), just with some modern trappings. Plus they have spent the last 15 years messing up as far as making a modern version of the classic Duke design: the 25th anniversary one had the look but awful in terms of engineering, and even as late as the 50th anniversary line, they still hadn't managed to deliver what folks wanted (though there were some cool new designs, like a Dutch in Predator inspired one).

Anyway, for whatever mysterious reason, they keep ballsing him up somewhat.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

funtax posted:

It's quite pricey (and not an official reboot) but this is currently taking pre-orders:

https://ramentoy.com/products/item-mkn01

Wasn't Ramen toys run by Noel Lee of calibre wings? That's a good looking MASK, but I can't support that guy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hurrah, Jean showed up today. First up, obligatory classic Scott & Jean versus the world pose:

My budding X-guys gang is starting to come along nicely:

Oh yeah, this chap showed up too:

He is THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE. CRASH AGAINST HIM AND BE BROKEN etc.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

More Beasties!

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1582100392909099008?s=46&t=L-jNJRg19Wlu4chCZjvHoA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish these were anything other than ReAction figures

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I wish these were anything other than ReAction figures

There could be ULTIMATES someday since they’ve done ODB, Czarface and Lemmy and others

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

They just teased a RZA as Bobby Digital ultimates figure today. At least that’s what it looked like. And I might need that one.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Well I finally did it, I posted some Dragonball Z stuff in SA Mart ( Bonus figure of Alucard from Castlevania that I found when looking for stuff to sell ):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4015043&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post527054765

I noted it in the thread, but I also have a S.H. Figuarts SS Vegito ( Original release ) still in sealed shipper box I need to take pictures of and add if there is interest. I believe a few of you peeps are into the line like me.

On a separate note, I just got the charge notice ( Rather the 'oh your cards been declined because the preorder was 2+ years long' ) for the Lab Coat Android 21 figure finally. From the Bandai store. Guess it's FINALLY being released!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

They just teased a RZA as Bobby Digital ultimates figure today. At least that’s what it looked like. And I might need that one.

That’s an album I haven’t thought about in a long time. Better listen to it.

S7 absolutely has to be planning to make Ultimates Beastie Boys. They’d be dumb to not try.

I'd drop the $120 each for a set of Fight for Your Right, Sabotage and Intergalactic Ultimates.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 18, 2022

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Vaporware posted:

Wasn't Ramen toys run by Noel Lee of calibre wings? That's a good looking MASK, but I can't support that guy.

Not sure who that is, but maybe? What did he do wrong?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just to be clear this is 100% a Bobby Digital action figure based on the cover art, no question there, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be an Ultimates figure. Upon closer inspection, nah, that's got to be ReAction again. I was looking at it on my phone earlier and I was thinking there was more going on articulation-wise but no, clearly that's a close-up of a pretty small figure with not a lot of moving parts. The big shoulder threw me I think. That's a figure I would totally buy if it was large and fancy but I don't know if they can do it justice with a little guy like that.

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1582009803945439232

Fake edit: While googling for the album cover for reference, I found some preview images of the actual toy, which Super 7 don't have up on their website yet. It seems to have debuted on 36chambers.com.

At least they made him so he can sort of almost do the pose from the cover, but I don't love it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This is fuckin stupid

https://twitter.com/murfmeister316/status/1582328203791970307?s=46&t=PR1b3Jfk7utC2r5O6O7qHw

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

funtax posted:

Not sure who that is, but maybe? What did he do wrong?

He's good at making toys, but devolves into trolling or doxxing people who complain about quality or the fact he's making knockoffs / unlicensed design / stealing art. Kicked off several macross sites for that behavior.

This is a pretty good summary from last year when he was physically kicked out of WonderFest Shanghai:

https://www.reddit.com/r/macross/comments/o08gkr/unofficial_macross_toy_maker_was_asked_to_take/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

So I go to the store to buy a figure, and instead of buying the figure I buy a card that lets me either have the figure shipped to me or kept at the shipping joint until I get enough poo poo to warrant the shipping...

This is the toy version of buying a game and getting a box and a slip of paper with a code on it but dumber.

It's almost nft like in it's weirdness. I own the toy, I don't HAVE the toy, but be assured that I do in fact own the toy, as I purchased this piece of paper stating so.