Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
can someone explain to me why we held our election in july 2014? I can't help but feel that caught some voters off guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Strange Quark posted:

That just sounds like you're mad and want a scapegoat.

Nah. I think it'd be funny if they believed it was their fault, in the same vein of the "this hurricane happened because you touch yourself at night" format.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Endorph posted:

now that persona 5 is delayed you guys'll have more time to play a Good JRPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAIBFAF6-mY

yeah: now i can play pokemon sun AND moon

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Neeksy posted:

Nah. I think it'd be funny if they believed it was their fault, in the same vein of the "this hurricane happened because you touch yourself at night" format.

sounds complicated

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thank god I will actually be able to use my English copy more than once because Atlus USA doesn't want a good English cast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also another delay, lmfao at everyone who was so confident about worldwide release.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I know it isn't their fault but I'm so cheesed I still blame the weebs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently their justification is that the game sold so much more than expected in Japan that they want to give themselves extra time to make the localization as good as it can be. Apparently they're even bringing VOs back into the studio to record more lines.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They should bring other VAs in to rerecord over the VAs they already got because nothing is saving Cherami Leigh and Robbie Daymond as my favorite characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently their justification is that the game sold so much more than expected in Japan that they want to give themselves extra time to make the localization as good as it can be. Apparently they're even bringing VOs back into the studio to record more lines.
read: they realized the translation was kinda bad and also ryuji didn't know how to pronounce his character's name

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNN2Z8p38o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILT2ftAl9Z4

Yusuke sounds alright but I expected Makato to have a slightly deeper voice but oh well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endorph posted:

read: they realized the translation was kinda bad and also ryuji didn't know how to pronounce his character's name

I don't think they care, I sure don't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Leigh sounds exactly like I expected her to sound, bad. Mercer sounds fine but there's a lot of weird pauses in his dialogue like they wanted him to Shatner.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Neeksy posted:

It's funny to blame the annoying weebs who scream for dual audio in every comment post so it has the appearance of a faustian bargain whose consequences they have wrought upon themselves. There, that's the joke.

the weeb faction is pleased to keep the game out of filthy gaijin hands

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I don't understand why they didnt just push it back to May 5th.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Alder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNN2Z8p38o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILT2ftAl9Z4

Yusuke sounds alright but I expected Makato to have a slightly deeper voice but oh well.

Matt Mercer does Matt Mercer voice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just want people to know Matt Mercer actually has range and they instead casted him to sound like himself... again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao92XkhPzGM

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Leigh sounds exactly like I expected her to sound, bad. Mercer sounds fine but there's a lot of weird pauses in his dialogue like they wanted him to Shatner.

He sounds high as gently caress

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

I don't understand why they didnt just push it back to May 5th.

Gotta leave themselves room to push it back one more time.

Alder posted:

Makoto's voice is... not good. :(

She does alright in the middle but then the "fist of justice bit" is really bad.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

JP voices superiority

Atlus releasing Japanese voice DLC because they have no faith in the dub

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So Cherami Leigh did an interview, but Mercer did not so I'll just repost his one from P4D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gizkZLI_ro4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VKXpUR2Po

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mercer is a cool dude. Also a giant nerd.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Baal posted:

I just want people to know Matt Mercer actually has range and they instead casted him to sound like himself... again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao92XkhPzGM

As long as Matt Mercer sounds like Troy Baker, this will be his fate until the next guy that sounds like Troy Baker comes along.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I met Matt Mercer at Gen Con this year and got his autograph on my copies of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Smash for Wii U, and got my picture taken with him. He's awesome

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why didn't you have him sign your copy of tales of xillia

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

why didn't you have him sign your copy of tales of xillia

I don't have Tales of Xillia

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am gonna get Mercer to sign a lot of poo poo if I see him at a con again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I don't have Tales of Xillia

why...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Actually Persona 5 being delayed might be a good thing since I can grab a copy of Tales of Berseria and play through that while I wait

Maybe when I'm not drowning in games I'll get it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Endorph, why does Berseria have an english cast with VAs that both don't sound like rear end and I like?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Endorph, why does Berseria have an english cast with VAs that both don't sound like rear end and I like?
i mean if you want my complaints im a little unsure on laphicet's va and magilou not having an accent kind of removes one of her actual character traits but im overall okay with that dub

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It has Cristina Vee and Ben Diskin something both Blazblue and P5 failed to have

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph, if the only Tales game I've played is Vesperia, will I like Berseria?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

It has Cristina Vee and Ben Diskin something both Blazblue and P5 failed to have
tales of bendiskineria

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually don't mind Makoto's voice there so w/e

But then I got thinking about Ben Diskin again and man, we should just replace all the male VAs in P5 with Ben Diskin

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I actually don't mind Makoto's voice there so w/e

I will call off and hijack goonami and air Cross Ange, don't you make me loving do it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

But then I got thinking about Ben Diskin again and man, we should just replace all the male VAs in P5 with Ben Diskin

He has the fuckin range for it and everything

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

I will call off and hijack goonami and air Cross Ange, don't you make me loving do it.

lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

What the hell Baal, just threaten to kill their cat or something. There's no need to go that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Endorph, if the only Tales game I've played is Vesperia, will I like Berseria?
if you liked vesperia because it had a mostly adult seeming cast, a plot that actually paid lipservice to complex morals, and a party that had a lot of really good banter with each other, then yes. and unlike vesperia it actually sticks to the complicated moral questions it sets up.

the party in berseria is one of my favorite JRPG parties ever, they all have a lot of really complicated relationships with each other that the game actually explores, and they all bounce off each other amazingly well. it's super great in that regard. In Vesperia you can pair any two characters together and they'd have a fun dynamic, but in Berseria you could pair any two characters together and they'd have a lot of actually fairly deep stuff to talk about and interact with each other based on. All the characters are very strongly rooted in their personal motivations and views of the world, instead of them all mostly falling in line with the protag. It's neat.

if it has a weakness id say it takes a bit to get going (in a kind of frustrating way because magilou hangs around for like 6 hours before she deigns to join the party) and the combat is incredibly fun but a little low on moves for the characters so by the 3/4ths point of the game your characters have like 95% of the techniques they're ever going to have, progression tapers off a bit towards the tail end, but fortunately the third act is really really strong plot-wise so that carries the momentum.