Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The content with the Irvine shows is good, but the two parter (and my iPhone getting them backwards all the time) as well as the fact that they all have the same name is kind of a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBlaster
Mar 25, 2005

Run, Robot, Run.
If you use iTunes everything is fine. Otherwise, if you use any other sort of rss feed to get updates the second part wont show

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

RoboBlaster posted:

If you use iTunes everything is fine. Otherwise, if you use any other sort of rss feed to get updates the second part wont show
Considering I don't have this problem with any other podcast that does multi-part releases, it's definitely something they're doing wrong on their end. I'd offer to help them fix it if I knew who to contact.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

WhiteHowler posted:

Considering I don't have this problem with any other podcast that does multi-part releases, it's definitely something they're doing wrong on their end. I'd offer to help them fix it if I knew who to contact.

http://www.myspace.com/theciofster Mike Cioffi, he is pretty technically inept though.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

UltraRed posted:

The content with the Irvine shows is good, but the two parter (and my iPhone getting them backwards all the time) as well as the fact that they all have the same name is kind of a pain in the rear end.

Yeah iTunes will download both parts if you tell it to get all the new episodes, but it's a minor pain in the rear end that they end up on my iPod Touch with Part 2 first.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They both have the same intro music and it's really hard to tell which one you're listening to until you're about a minute in.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

UltraRed posted:

They both have the same intro music and it's really hard to tell which one you're listening to until you're about a minute in.

Yeah I am really getting loving tired of Rascal King...christ do the intro and outro have to be so long? wish there was a way to preset all podcasts to skip them. Do I have to listen to the whole thing before my ipod counts it as done and automatically takes it off my pod?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yeah I am really getting loving tired of Rascal King...christ do the intro and outro have to be so long? wish there was a way to preset all podcasts to skip them. Do I have to listen to the whole thing before my ipod counts it as done and automatically takes it off my pod?

Man, I wish they'd bring back Lord Sitar, I don't care what anyone says, that intro was loving awesome. I loved how Adam would get so stoked on it too.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Daryl DBD posted:

Man, I wish they'd bring back Lord Sitar, I don't care what anyone says, that intro was loving awesome. I loved how Adam would get so stoked on it too.

I still think the only reason they got rid of that Intro is because Donnie whined about it. It was great though, and I loving hate the current one.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

DrVenkman posted:

I still think the only reason they got rid of that Intro is because Donnie whined about it. It was great though, and I loving hate the current one.

Donnie can suck my rear end, that David Crosby looking motherfucker.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love the intro song, it's actually one of my favorite songs. I just wish they shortened the intro and outtro length. Someday I suppose was great, very distinctive sound and they knew to get it started when the guitar kicked in. Also pretty drat uplifting.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
GIVE IT TO THEM ADAAAAAMMMMM!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I listened to some TACS clips on youtube for the first time ever and drat there's some crazy filters to make Adam sound like Howard Stern. I guess that's just how that game works.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

I listened to some TACS clips on youtube for the first time ever and drat there's some crazy filters to make Adam sound like Howard Stern. I guess that's just how that game works.

Howard talks about "trying to sound like other radio guys" earlier in his career with their deep voices.

You'll be astounded how much better deep resonating voices test on a random audience than any other kind. It is night and day. People who are station surfing will stop on a deeper voice and listen for a bit but will completely skip any other type.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

UltraRed posted:

I love the intro song, it's actually one of my favorite songs. I just wish they shortened the intro and outtro length. Someday I suppose was great, very distinctive sound and they knew to get it started when the guitar kicked in. Also pretty drat uplifting.

It reminds me of the worst parts of 90's music.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

It reminds me of the worst parts of 90's music.

That would be hip hop.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
So who's this Mike guy? Permanent host now? He doesn't seem as obnoxious as Stryker.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Watommi posted:

So who's this Mike guy? Permanent host now? He doesn't seem as obnoxious as Stryker.

Pretty sure he's just another cohost in LL's current revolving door policy.

He's not nearly as bad as Stryker, but, as someone who works in radio, I have a special kind of hatred for Stryker and his cliched, inauthentic, unchallenging, bullshit "radio personality" persona.

They just need to get rid of that retarded "Psycho Mike" name. It's really, really 1992.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Oh, I just listened to Adam's latest appearance on Loveline. Psycho Mike seems OK but yeah, that name really rubs me the wrong way. It reminds me of this dude on the radio here in Louisville named Craven Moorehead. C'mon, dude. My name is Mark. You can call me Mark.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Oh boy can't wait to listen to two rich crazy women talk about their kids.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Oh, god that pizza restaurant gal calling in about her boyfriend getting a boner when she came in from work and hugged him was hilarious. Eighteen-year-old dudes get boners ALL THE TIME. Be glad he has a boner for you specifically.

Sometimes I swear I could host Loveline just from listening to it for so long and not being a total gently caress-up (just a partial one).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

UltraRed posted:

That would be hip hop.

rap more like crap am i rite?!?! :haw:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

rap more like crap am i rite?!?! :haw:

yes

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The Taxman posted:

That call's also the source of the "NO NOT ALRIGHT" drop-in.

Wasn't that caller some sort of Brazillian neo-Nazi or something? He was preaching white power stuff in his crazy accent and the entire time Drew and Adam are chuckling and trying to ask him what ethnicity he is?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Columbian.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Colombian, unless he was from DC or BC or something. By the way he was some crazy wacky anomoly not the usual colombian.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

how is carolla capable of ranting about lefty pussies disapproving of the patriot act and then railing against the man seconds later

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

jyrka posted:

Oh boy can't wait to listen to two rich crazy women talk about their kids.

I tried to listen but couldn't get over the fact that Adam's wife wants to talk about parenting and raising children while having her children taken care of by a nanny. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way. I like me some Greg Fitzsimmons, but not even he could save it for me.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

bananasinpajamas posted:

how is carolla capable of ranting about lefty pussies disapproving of the patriot act and then railing against the man seconds later

Carolla is misinformed about a lot of things and is not very good at looking at the macroscopic view. He really is a testament to how much more willing we are to tolerate ignorance when it comes alongside some charm and a good sense of humor.

Some would argue he has neither of those but I find him funny enough (on Loveline) to tolerate him.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

BinaryW00kie posted:

I tried to listen but couldn't get over the fact that Adam's wife wants to talk about parenting and raising children while having her children taken care of by a nanny. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way. I like me some Greg Fitzsimmons, but not even he could save it for me.

I remember a podcast a while ago where Adam (and Theresa I think) complained about new moms thinking they're experts on parenting and giving out advice to everyone they meet.

This piece of poo poo smacks of that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bananasinpajamas posted:

To be fair, so far he has been right. Aside from one strip club in the middle of nowheresville, has any evidence been brought to trial that was gathered by the patriot act?

Maybe I'm just armpit deep into the mass media, and can't really see what to look for.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

UltraRed posted:

To be fair, so far he has been right. Aside from one strip club in the middle of nowheresville, has any evidence been brought to trial that was gathered by the patriot act?

Maybe I'm just armpit deep into the mass media, and can't really see what to look for.

the patriot act is wrong.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Ez posted:

I remember a podcast a while ago where Adam (and Theresa I think) complained about new moms thinking they're experts on parenting and giving out advice to everyone they meet.

This piece of poo poo smacks of that.
Adam likened it to a 15 year old discovering masturbation and then telling everyone about the best way to beat off, like he invented it.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Judakel posted:

Carolla is misinformed about a lot of things and is not very good at looking at the macroscopic view.

"Drew, all I'm saying is, do macro and micro have to sound so similar? And why do push and pull have to start with the same two letters? Great, now I look like an idiot when I slam my face into a door at some crappy diner because someone had the brilliant idea of using the same two letters to start push and pull. When I'm in charge..."

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Bamm Bamm posted:

"Drew, all I'm saying is, do macro and micro have to sound so similar? And why do push and pull have to start with the same two letters? Great, now I look like an idiot when I slam my face into a door at some crappy diner because someone had the brilliant idea of using the same two letters to start push and pull. When I'm in charge..."

"Push and YANK!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Adam was on the B.S Report (Bill Simmons' podcast) which came out yesterday. I really enjoy when they're on together, I definitely recommend checking it out.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Today's Podcast starring Adam's dad is the worst podcast ever. The huge loving intro, the crap about neo-natal stuff (even if it's not crap, it sounds phony coming from his mouth) and his wimpy demeanor do not a good podcast make.

I'd rather listen to him rant about waterboarding people who need health care that benefited from hooking up with Jimmy Kimmel than hear that bullshit again.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
^^Ugh, agreed. After a minute and a half of the intro I really thought it was going to be some Andy Kaufman-like joke about how Adam's dad was too lazy to come in and do a podcast so they were just going to play music the whole time. Nope, just a two and a half-loving minute long musical intro.

I got through about ten minutes of it before I was so bored I was paying more attention to highway signs I've seen a bajillion times and turned it off.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AndNowMax posted:

^^Ugh, agreed. After a minute and a half of the intro I really thought it was going to be some Andy Kaufman-like joke about how Adam's dad was too lazy to come in and do a podcast so they were just going to play music the whole time. Nope, just a two and a half-loving minute long musical intro.

I got through about ten minutes of it before I was so bored I was paying more attention to highway signs I've seen a bajillion times and turned it off.

I listened to 80% of it. It gets worse.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I didn't make it through this podcast either. It started off bad for me because I have the trumpet play-a-long book that his dad was using, and about halfway through the opening song his time got turned around and he was playing the song one beat ahead of where it should have been.

I think the podcast would have been better if Adam were there to guide and discuss, instead of having a lecture.

• Locked thread