Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Vegetable Melange posted:

Tips on re-sizing photos for ICSA?

If you use the timg tag instead of the img tag, it automatically makes a thumbnail that you can click for big right into the post itself.

EDIT: Make big snype:

dino. fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Phil
Jul 3, 2012

Vegetable Melange posted:

Tips on re-sizing photos for ICSA?

http://pixlr.com/editor/ works great, don't need to install things. Just do an "Image Size" adjustment.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
I did it in GIMP, so it wouldn't break tables like whoa. I think it looks okay

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
Forgive my GWS gods, for I have sinned. I walked away from some garlic bread in the broiler for like five seconds to help my daughter with something on her homework and was met by a flaming loaf of bread. That would be a first for me.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Well tonight my team won a game of association football 9-3. :smug:

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

So we were both on fire then?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Baby, I'm always on fire.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Aw poo poo. Well let me go grab my Kirkland mega-pack of panties because you just ruined this pair.

E: By the way, does anyone have any good suggestions for an Orlando area restaurant for Thanksgiving? My mom and her husband were going to be out there and I promised that I would ask for an opinion from people who know what they are talking about.

Walk Away fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 19, 2012

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Walk Away posted:

Aw poo poo. Well let me go grab my Kirkland mega-pack of panties because you just ruined this pair.

E: By the way, does anyone have any good suggestions for an Orlando area restaurant for Thanksgiving? My mom and her husband were going to be out there and I promised that I would ask for an opinion from people who know what they are talking about.

Isn't there some secret Disney five star resto or something? You can dine in the hall of maus.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Isn't there some secret Disney five star resto or something? You can dine in the hall of maus.

Are you thinking of Club 33 at Disneyland in Anaheim? Oh yeah Disney World has Victoria & Albert's, too. Maybe that might work.

Walk Away fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 19, 2012

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Otherwise in Orlando you might be out of luck except for big chains. I can think of very little positive about that place.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
is it cheesy to propose in a restaurant

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
A little. Go with a sky-writer instead. Or a billboard. Classy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mindphlux posted:

Do it while hiking or something where she'll have absolutely no idea it's coming. Also, secretly recruit someone (her mother, a friend, whatever) to take a picture of the big moment, but only if you're pretty drat sure she'll say yes. The last thing you want is pictures to commemorate an awkward, teary "no".

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you ask the manager really nicely, I'm sure he'll smuggle an engagement ring into her Big Mac.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
If you live together, propose while she's getting ready to go out to dinner like my husband did. It's more of a surprise and she won't get mad about you making a scene in public.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Look, you can propose to me me anywhere you want as long as the ring is real and you have a job.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
The last time I was near Orlando we tried to find a place that was any good. Everyone told us to go to The Capital (or maybe Capitol) Grill (or perhaps Grille) but we couldn't get seated on short notice and went to a Ruth's Chris.

edit: years and years ago there was an Emeril Legasse restaurant right in, or next to, Universal Studios. It couldn't be that bad and Universal Studios is pretty cool.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Skinny King Pimp posted:

If you live together, propose while she's getting ready to go out to dinner like my husband did. It's more of a surprise and she won't get mad about you making a scene in public.
Yeah, public proposals kind of make me go "eehhhhh" unless marriage has been talked about beforehand and you know she wants to get hitched. If she's even a little bit undecided it puts a lot of pressure on a gal.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

mindphlux posted:

Totally depends on the restaurant. If you had ferran adria suspend the ring inside an almond cloud floating above a watermelon mist falling over a bed of shiitake and butternut stones, it would probably be okay.

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 19, 2012

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
A fake kidnapping is the most romantic way to propose.

In other news I am home from my work trip and having trouble readjusting to normal eating habits. This was such a long gig that even while gone I really cut back on my "eat and drink whatever the gently caress i want when on the road" diet. But it is still hard to not devour everything in my path and spend every non work moment loaded. I am also trying to requit smoking. At least i can get decent coffee again.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Totally depends on the restaurant. If you had ferran adria suspend the ring inside an almond cloud floating above a watermelon mist falling over a bed of shiitake and butternut stones, it would probably be okay.

I got as far as "ferran adria suspend" and pictured him coming down from the ceiling, Mission: Impossible style, to deliver the proposal.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Walk Away posted:

There's a good Italian place in Celebration that serves ok food and in American sized portions actually. Also the diner in celebration is worth a visit too.

Go left at the Gaylord when you drive down from Orlando to get there (I only mention that because 'Gaylord')

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

mindphlux posted:

hide the ring in the cheese fondue, that would be fitting!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Do it while hiking or something where she'll have absolutely no idea it's coming. Also, secretly recruit someone (her mother, a friend, whatever) to take a picture of the big moment, but only if you're pretty drat sure she'll say yes. The last thing you want is pictures to commemorate an awkward, teary "no".
Marriage is one of those things I would hope you'd only ask if you already knew the answer would be yes, regardless of where/when/how you planned on doing it.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Walk Away posted:

What part of Orlando? Have some recs for the Lake Mary/Sanford area.

Don't get married mindphlux, divorces are super expensive :(

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Halalelujah posted:

What part of Orlando? Have some recs for the Lake Mary/Sanford area.

Words of wisdom there. I'm grateful that I never went through with marrying my baby-daddy.

But seriously I'll ask my mom this weekend and see if she has any idea where they will be staying and maybe just PM you.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Is 'baby daddy' an expression solely reserved for the biological father of the child?

Is it a term of affection?

Like.. Is 'baby daddy' carrying a higher status than just a 'husband'?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lower, actually. Baby daddy generally refers to the man a woman no longer has a relationship with, but with whom she made a baby.

Flash Gordon Ramsay fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 19, 2012

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Add in a touch of disdain and a lack of any help ever and FGR has it about right.

Not that I mind. My kid is pretty cool. I would say that in not marrying him I dodged a giant, flaming cannon-ball as opposed to the proverbial bullet.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

Is 'baby daddy' an expression solely reserved for the biological father of the child?

Is it a term of affection?

Like.. Is 'baby daddy' carrying a higher status than just a 'husband'?

It's a play on words, one could say. Wherein literally: "the father of a baby". As well as descriptively: a father so immature so as to not share in parenting duties of their child.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Ok, Thanks!

So using that expression is showing a certain amount of disdain towards the biological father of a child, and not in a humorous manner.

So does the same apply to 'baby mama'?

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Walk Away posted:

Forgive my GWS gods, for I have sinned. I walked away from some garlic bread in the broiler for like five seconds to help my daughter with something on her homework and was met by a flaming loaf of bread. That would be a first for me.

My wife decided that I should let one of our kids toasttheir own cheese bread in the toaster oven. The kid promptly dropped the stuff on the heater element on the bottom through the rack and it lit on fire.

Everyone starts panicking and dear old dad reaches in to grab the flaming bread.

I got the bread and in removing it, whacked the back of my hand on the top heating element.

Made a nice hiss and left a fine 3rd degree burn across the back of my hand.

The joys of parenting are boundless.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Happy Hat posted:

Ok, Thanks!

So using that expression is showing a certain amount of disdain towards the biological father of a child, and not in a humorous manner.

So does the same apply to 'baby mama'?

Originally, yes. But now it is also used to jokingly refer to the other parent of your child, regardless of relationship.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

NosmoKing posted:

I got the bread and in removing it, whacked the back of my hand on the top heating element.

I would say something about tongs here, but this is how I got most of my burns.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

NosmoKing posted:

My wife decided that I should let one of our kids toasttheir own cheese bread in the toaster oven. The kid promptly dropped the stuff on the heater element on the bottom through the rack and it lit on fire.

Everyone starts panicking and dear old dad reaches in to grab the flaming bread.

The joys of parenting are boundless.
That's not about parenting, that's about being an eejit in the kitchen. Eejit. Sounds sore though.

HH, yes, baby mama is the same, roughly, although the baby mama is usually the carer.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

pile of brown posted:

when you think about it, food safety is a lot younger than humanity

That is true, but so is living to see 30.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wiggles posted:

this is sort of what I was thinking

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Halalelujah posted:

I can't really think of what would make me want to divorce this girl, which is why I was thinking of getting married to begin with. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

I can't really think of what would make me want to divorce this girl, which is why I was thinking of getting married to begin with. :(

I'm coming up on my 15th anniversary. Not all marriages fail, just half of them.

You should have it baked into an angel food cake that's leavened with helium so that it floats before her.