Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Not a striker. However of all things, that damned R Agi Trunks I'm jealous of! So frustrated that I tossed all mine.

If it helps, he seems to be awfully common in Friend Points summonings, I know I got around 6 that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
This event seems freaking great for those Coola event medals if you missed them beforehand. I might just farm that once I get all the characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hell, with these pulls, I might make a new Bojack. My previous one I got impatient and only had him at SA 3. After pulling today, I have a second non-Dokkaned Bojack at SA 9.

Still no SSR's and I'm done paying money for this event. I've run myself out of Zeni and a lot of awakening medals too..

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I pulled the new SSR Bojack. I really wanted that new SSR PHY Bardock

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How do the medal drops work on the relevant Bojack and Cooler stages?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

How do the medal drops work on the relevant Bojack and Cooler stages?

Cooler dropped one of each medal (5 total).

Bojack just drops a fruit medal + item

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

I got a full set of Bojack medals on my first run, was wondering what the deal was.

Hey, neat, got STR SSG Goku. What the gently caress, how does he have Shocking Speed, Over in a Flash, and Prepared for Battle? That's hosed up.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 18, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I think you're thinking of Turles.. Bojack got me 1 of each but I've only run it once.

The missions get a tad harder but not by much. One kinda hosed me over - "No TEQ or PHY!" Built a party of 2 of everything else.. and all the enemies are AGL. Now my STR are useless.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Hey, neat, got STR SSG Goku. What the gently caress, how does he have Shocking Speed, Over in a Flash, and Prepared for Battle? That's hosed up.

He's the strongest SSG Goku for a reason. Better leader skill than the AGL one too. Too bad he's in the way oversaturated STR faction.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

He's the strongest SSG Goku for a reason. Better leader skill than the AGL one too. Too bad he's in the way oversaturated STR faction.

Yeah, I'm impressed, but he's up against an SA5 AGL SSG Goku and SA2 STR SSJ2 Vegeta for me. Definitely a bump for my Prepared for Battle team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Starts getting challenging around level 16 when you fight the three main Z bosses. Bring some strong TEQ characters.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So Supers from Hachi are pretty brutal, at least on Warrior of Hate (Stage 18). Did 72k to a non-strength character. Stages have been fun, but that's only trouble I've run into so far (I expect the next two stages will be rough).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So Dy. Lychee is worth 15000 Baba points right now. He's farmable so I'd sell him ASAP before Bandai fixes this.

As Cozz mentioned, this stage is pretty brutal. Bring Baba to weaken those crazy supers

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Looks like I used up all the good luck I've had on this one

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Petiso posted:

If it helps, he seems to be awfully common in Friend Points summonings, I know I got around 6 that way.

I spent 100 summons on the friend point this weekend and got a grand total of 0 :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

So Dy. Lychee is worth 15000 Baba points right now. He's farmable so I'd sell him ASAP before Bandai fixes this.

As Cozz mentioned, this stage is pretty brutal. Bring Baba to weaken those crazy supers

Yesssssssssssss. Awesome find.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
15000? Holy poo poo. I have 30000 from all the junk I've torched, just for reference.

I like this event. I've gotten two Old Kai medals from the plentiful gold medal capsules so far.

Edit: Holy poo poo, level 18 is some loving nasty business. I can see why they included a level for farming Ushers and Babas. Torched my first Lychee for 15k shop points, I'm sure his drop rate can't be that bad.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 18, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo, level 18 is some loving nasty business. I can see why they included a level for farming Ushers and Babas. Torched my first Lychee for 15k shop points, I'm sure his drop rate can't be that bad.
I'm getting him at 33% clip so far but I'm not going to waste stones refilling stamina for this.

When I finish this event, I'll have 9 Elder Kai cards. I wish I had a character worth using these on.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm getting him at 33% clip so far but I'm not going to waste stones refilling stamina for this.

When I finish this event, I'll have 9 Elder Kai cards. I wish I had a character worth using these on.

I already have just about 9 elder kais =\ I just got done the Bojack mission last I ran out of stamina though. Still nothing useful enough to burn them on. No SSj3 Goku or Ultimate Gohan for me. :(

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doctor David Lynch and Hatchback hit like a goddamn truck!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Slowly getting close to the end of this event. Trying not to burn a DS on a stamina refill, and level raising is taking too long.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Apparently the rate on this banner is pretty good. Almost a 7% SSR rate. For reference, the Buu Dokkanfest was like 4%.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Tempted but I know it's going to end with tears. I should save my tears for Gogeta.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Probably wise.

Man, this is some hard stuff. Farming Lychee and Hatchback is gonna be a pain in the rear end without burning stones.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 18, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Apparently the rate on this banner is pretty good. Almost a 7% SSR rate. For reference, the Buu Dokkanfest was like 4%.

Two Rs and an SR. :negative:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Probably wise.

Man, this is some hard stuff. Farming Lychee and Hatchback is gonna be a pain in the rear end without burning stones.

Use Baba to absorb the super that always comes first turn.

After that, the trick is to destroy Hatchiyack first. You should be able to bring 2 STR units (I know you have SSJ3 Goku for instance) and your friend can either be a ki booster or another STR unit.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Well, it took a few stones (that last stage is brutal), but I beat the final stage. Now to hope that I don't blow too many stones farming for Old Kai's.

Went with a few mutli-pulls, got a new Bardock, the SSR Piccolo, and a bunch of repeats/baba fodder.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Use Baba to absorb the super that always comes first turn.

After that, the trick is to destroy Hatchiyack first. You should be able to bring 2 STR units (I know you have SSJ3 Goku for instance) and your friend can either be a ki booster or another STR unit.

Oh, right, I have SSJ3 Goku now. I got distracted by the shinyness of STR SSG Goku, when I should be using AGL SSG and SSJ3 instead of Kaioken and STR SSG. The problem is the TEQ member of my A-Team is Majin Vegeta and I don't run an INT. TEQ Whis and INT SSJ Gohan fit in well enough, I suppose.

With that change, my current event rainbow team is Ultimate Gohan/STR Beerus/TEQ Whis/INT SSJ Gohan/SSJ3 Goku/AGL SSG Goku. That should adjust the performance a bit in my favor. Starting with the big boss target seems so backwards, though.

Cozz posted:

Well, it took a few stones (that last stage is brutal), but I beat the final stage. Now to hope that I don't blow too many stones farming for Old Kai's.

Went with a few mutli-pulls, got a new Bardock, the SSR Piccolo, and a bunch of repeats/baba fodder.

The Old Kai is only on the first clear, I'm pretty sure. You can only farm Gohan, Dr. Lychee, and Hatch-a-yak cards from the event.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cozz posted:

Can you actually farm Old Kai's? It's not one time only?

Echophonic posted:

With that change, my current event rainbow team is Ultimate Gohan/STR Beerus/TEQ Whis/INT SSJ Gohan/SSJ3 Goku/AGL SSG Goku. That should adjust the performance a bit in my favor. Starting with the big boss target seems so backwards, though.

Yeah, I was getting wrecked too so I thought it over and tried something different.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 19, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Well, then I have no reason to do this event anymore. I guess I misunderstood the Wiki.

Edit: I guess I could try farming Boujack Medals, but I heard the drop rate is pretty bad.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 19, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Get some Dr. Lychee's and trade for tons of Baba points. Drop rate is something like 15% though (but you can actually get two at once!).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Good lord, the last stage is a bitch. I burnt through a stone because you get 10 for clearing it, but goddamn.

What are the drop rates for the new Gohan/Lychee/Hatchiyak?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Actually managed a clear on 20 without a stone, took some luck. If you don't get a card, you can get a 5 pack of gold training items as one of the drops.

Third run got me a second Hatchiyak, so drop rate's not terrible if that's your thing. Have tons of a time to do it, even if it's not cheap in terms of items.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 19, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Welp:

The allure of someone saying it had a good SSR rate got me to drop some cash to get to a multi. This is the new SSG Goku right? I didn't have any good Str characters, hope he will do. Good candidate for maxing SA?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Welp:

The allure of someone saying it had a good SSR rate got me to drop some cash to get to a multi. This is the new SSG Goku right? I didn't have any good Str characters, hope he will do. Good candidate for maxing SA?

He apparently has a bunch of links that are good now but will be great in the future.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, he's packing all the awesome +ki links. He's got Shocking Speed and Over in a Flash, which makes him as good as SSG Goku. He also has Prepared for Battle, which is on all the upcoming power cards. As it stands, the link has a really solid set of cards, like STR SSJ2 Vegeta and Vegito. I'd say his only real weakness compared to the AGL one is a lack of a STR nuking leader and Kamehameha.

AGL and STR are both packed to the gills with awesome cards with Kamehameha. However, it's not going to be as useful on a STR team in the future, since SSJ3 Goku loses it on his Dokkan and they pair really well via Over in a Flash. This opens up SSJ2 Vegeta, too, who's pretty competitive with the upper-echelon damage cards.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I wonder how bad it will be to try and level his super attack with drops from the angel event... Worth old Kai's?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The 10 stones you get from finishing the event netted me a SSR Android 13. Yay.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I wonder how bad it will be to try and level his super attack with drops from the angel event... Worth old Kai's?

I mean, he's one of the hardest hitters in the game with all of the best links and an awesome leader skill. His damage cap is every so slightly lower than the AGL one, who basically murders everything with extreme prejudice. Supreme supers are +20% to damage per SA level and he's got +75% on top of that. I'd say he's one of the better candidates for a few Old Kais. I just got a second one and I'm pretty happy with it since I've seen what SA can do on the AGL.

There's no way to raise his SA with farmable cards, though, far as I know. The PHY SSG Goku is off of a gacha SR and is a total and utter pain in the rear end to Dokkan. He's also good enough to use on PHY teams, besides.

It's a real shame this event is so nuke-resistant.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I mean, he's one of the hardest hitters in the game with all of the best links and an awesome leader skill. His damage cap is every so slightly lower than the AGL one, who basically murders everything with extreme prejudice. Supreme supers are +20% to damage per SA level and he's got +75% on top of that. I'd say he's one of the better candidates for a few Old Kais. I just got a second one and I'm pretty happy with it since I've seen what SA can do on the AGL.

There's no way to raise his SA with farmable cards, though, far as I know. The PHY SSG Goku is off of a gacha SR and is a total and utter pain in the rear end to Dokkan. He's also good enough to use on PHY teams, besides.

It's a real shame this event is so nuke-resistant.

Good enough of an endorsement for me. SA level 9 SSG Goku get! Then I finally have the stamina for Hatchyek and leichi or whatever, and forgot to baba the bloody super opener. :(